Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 16,238 reviews matching the search
Great Place to Work - Leave at 5pm though
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2017
great people and coworkers, work culture is a drag and encourages personal sacrifice and rewards "being busy" (read: not necessarily productive).

A lot of the work is duplicative and management hasn't been responsive to feedback.
lack of employee appreciation
Loan Document Specialist 4 (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2017
Expected to work 12 or more hour days. poor Management support. high stress work environment. high pressure sales. Micro Managed. very poor job stability.
Fast pace work place
Loan Servicing Specialist 4 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2017
I would review consumers personal/household income and determine if they qualify for a loan modification for the home mortgage to avoid foreclosure. Once the client is approved for the modification I would have to calculate the new loan amount for the loan modification. Then I would create the final modification documents and mail them directly to all borrowers via FED EX.
Fasted pased & Enjoyable work environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 28, 2017
Great place to work and advance in your career. Management was a pleasure to work with an easy to talk to. I learned so much about customer service, financial instruments and personal career development. The culture at Wells Fargo was very customer oriented and a comfortable environment. The hardest part of the job was learning to manage your time, people skills and learning new tasks in a quickly manner. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help and connect with people in all different aspects.
Pros
Excellent paid time off, 401K and educational benefits
Cons
Na
Cutthroat sales enviornment
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 28, 2017
Having been a part of two other banks which ultimately merged with Wells Fargo, I can say that the upselling requirements on tellers was unrealistic and ultimately caused serious tension in the branch. I would not like to work there again.
enjoyable place to work.
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Arco, IDMay 28, 2017
If the town I lived in was bigger , we still would of had a bank , but upper management decided to close the doors and we all had to seek new employment. I would of still been employed by Wells fargo but the nearest one was 65 miles away!!
Excellent company with fantastic benefits
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 28, 2017
good
Cons
shor6t breaks
fun workplace
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 28, 2017
nice to come in each day i had to work, nice employees that i was working with. a nice cafeteria to eat and available when i was on my breaks. good heath insurance and great pay
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
A decent place to work
Research/Remediation Representative 3 (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 28, 2017
Wells Fargo is a decent place to work. The management staff should take more time to know their team. Also, management should be more motivational towards advancement; and actually listen when their team members speak. Team members should be able to transfer to different positions within the company without having to apply and be interviewed like someone outside the company. Also, any employee who may be in a position not well-suited for them; should be able to "post-out" without meeting the 12-month requirement.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
Useless management, expendable hourlies.
Teller - International (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 27, 2017
This is a great job with great perks like benefits and decent pay. It's not a hard job and there's great job security. The problem is that they seem to have no interest in truly vetting their internal candidates before promoting them, so there are more terrible managers than there are good ones. Managers who don't care about their team, who don't listen, and who don't know how to do their job. As a teller, you can never ever expect to feel valued. This job is fine for a couple years, but if you stay too long you'll want to scream every single day.
Good while it lasted
Accounting Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2017
I worked for another bank that was bought out by Wells Fargo. Once Wells Fargo bought the company it moved our accounting department to CA. They were fair and great to work with.
Good work enviroment
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2017
Good beneficies and grow oportunities. Ethic and confident way to work
I am not interested in doing a review for wells fargo
Home Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 27, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo. The job can be very stressful at times and you don't always feel appreacted for the amount of work that you do.
worst company ever
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2017
politics at this place are unbelievable...the culture is not where it needs to be..there's limited to no upward mobility available for people of color...all upper management are of Caucasian decent...very racist in nature and the only way to rise up is to know someone else...i worked here for 5 years, went out on STD and returned to be fired within 5 days... this place is the devil..beware
america
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  iowa, usaMay 26, 2017
i worked in finance after graduation and this was for credit cards which was a big thing there. I learned about balance payments and speedpay. But, i was alone there with no family so i came back.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
away from family
Productive and fun place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 26, 2017
Fun competitive environment with great management, job security, and plenty of opportunities to advance. Much more enjoyable to work here without sales goals and the micromanagement that came with it.
Pros
compensation, benefits, pto
If I could give a 0 I would!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMay 26, 2017
Horrible place to work. Always about how many services each teller could assist in adding to accounts and customer service was not a concern. Money condition was horrible.
Pros
there were none
Cons
everything
Well paid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 26, 2017
The company provides at least average income for the employees. Depending on the site holidays can also be very good. Several business offer incentives.
Pros
Pay
Cons
executives
Managers kick back all day on amazon
Operations Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 26, 2017
Any Wells Fargo location I've been at, I have seen managers on amazon/ebay for most of their work. Once normal employees turn into managers all of their production stops. Each manager has a best friend in the business and that is how they move up.
Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Overall good place to work
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2017
I worked for Wells on and off for 8 years in different parts of the country. The overall management and how the company works in terms of the mortgage side is pretty consistent across the country. How your environment is will depend on what department you work for in the company. The front line of mortgage is very stressful, not appreciative of its employees in an overall sense and management does not support a very team environment its pretty cut throat. The post fund side of mortgage is very different. The risk side is a great place to work, supportive managers and a great environment.
Wells Fargo's benefits and paid vacation are the best of most large companies out there in the marketplace.
I would work for Wells again but I am choosey on what area of the company it would be in.
Pros
great benefits, growth opportunity
Cons
stuffy work environment - very corporate, can be micromanaging depending

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.