Wells Fargo
7,892 reviews

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

decent place to work
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Lake Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: they really give you the proper tools to provide excellent customer service
It is an okay company to work for. Once you move into to the manager role it becomes stressful. All your time is spent in the branch. It is extremely challenging to move out of retail banking into a corporate role. Basically you have to know someone.
A productive and busy environment with great people.
Teller (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: bonus compensation, paid time off
Cons: n/a
• Process routine account transactions.
• Disburse money to customers.
• Promote bank products and services.
• Record all transactions.
• Prevent fraudulent transactions and activity.
• Balance currency and other documents at the end of each shift.
• Provide great customer service to every customer.

Learned: I learned how to work under stress and maintain a professional environment in the presence of the customers.

Co-workers; My management and team at the branch was great. I enjoyed coming to work every single day and working with them. They were not only my co-workers but they became my friends.

The hardest part of my job was when we had to deal with difficult customers. There is a few customers that are not aware of the regulations and procedures at the bank. We must follow those procedures at all times at the bank for their security.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my great team. I also enjoyed the relationships I built with my customers.
Banking with sales involved
Personal Banker (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: quarterly bonus available, good hours, room for growth
Cons: low salary compared to past banking salaries, high stress/little reward
A personal banker has quarterly sales goals they can meet to make bonuses. I was responsible for opening bank accounts, processing loans applications, and assisting clients with all their personal and business banking needs.
My Wells Fargo Review
Business Associate (Current Employee), Juneau, AKFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: career growth, health benefits, 401 plans, and positive working enviorment
Cons: truthful i really love my job, and its better sweet to be leaving. i have no real cons.
*working hours 8am to 5pm with a 1 hr lunch
*Understanding and preforming customer retention by following a level of compliance, Provide a high level of sales, marketing, and operations support to my assigned team of Relationship Managers and Business Banking Manager.
*I enjoy working with my supervisor. She always encourages me in my growth/advancement with the company as well as admires my drive for further internal education.
*I work in a retail branch with over 15 employees however my direct department is a small group of 7. It's not typical for my department to be located at the branch level however because of our state/city location we are right in the middle of the retail branch. This creates hurtles as well as advantage for all parties involved.
**I work with a very diverse team while handling a high level of compliance and regulations. This calls for needing to be flexible, understanding, stern, as well as open minded. Though it is the hardest part of my career, it is one of my favorite parts of my career. It's create company growth and development with all team members.
Business Banker (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAFebruary 28, 2015
very good company, some exceptional team mates, a good culture and a comfortable environment. Good benefits, job security, job advancement, management might need to get a little more training but overall a 3 star company to work for with a lot of potential to the upside.
middle of the road
Operations Risk Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: many opportunities
Cons: hard to flip to perm
no better or worse than anywhere else...employees are asked to do more and more each year in this market of companies striving to be lean. No one does just one thing anymore so personal development is more diverse but has less depth than ever before.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sr.ODM Consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: enjoyed work
Typical Working day, is all about how well we attend meetings and manager our tasks, on schedule, to meet the delivery timelines.

Team work is essential to get the work done and not bureaucracy
Mortgage origination
HMC (Former Employee), Cortland, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Maintain office, deal with unrelated customer service issues, input data for loan apps and upload, print loan pkg for signatures, collect docs, make copies, put loan pkg + docs together and submit to processing.

Management and co workers were helpful, but not always available and finding answers or help could take time.

Finding qualifies applicants in my market is challenging, but when it all came together, it was very rewarding to help a family reach the goal of home ownership.
Great company to work for.
Personal Banker-Lead Teller (Current Employee), St. Cloud,MNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks.
Benefits from the company is really good. Co workers and management will take care of you if needed. Wells Fargo has really great training program.
USMC
Security Supervisor - Sergeant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: training with all types of weapons. working with dedicated individuals and units
Cons: i was in the infantry. it was mentally and physically challeging everyday.
Becoming a Marine was one of the proudest accomplishments in my life. I loved working with my fellow Marines in all situations and made life long friends. We were all will to lay down our lives for each other and I have never experienced the friendships that I obtained in the Marine Corp.
b
Store Manager (Former Employee), Madison, ALFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: a
Cons: a
it was good pay but high pressure to sale overshadow everything way too many conference calls. Good training but tight with raises
Productive work environment
Loan Doc Specialist 4 (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great advancement options, fun working environment
Cons: lower pay compared to competors, micromanagment
Working for Wells Fargo was a great experience for me, depending on the roll you are in your duties can vary drastically. Working at the phone bank is great for beginners who need a foot in the door but it is not a job I would recommend long term, they micromanage everything and everyone- even the managers- the position is labeled customer service but you are required to "refer" aka sell products to each incoming caller in order to succeed there. Although the job duties aren't the best and micromanagement sucks the people you work with are fun and there is usually some kind of game or challenge - around sales goals- going on that make the day go by fast and keep you more into what you are doing.
Working at the Wells Fargo Home Mortgage campus was a completely different environment, the best thing about working here is that you are basically working independently which was much better coming from being micromanaged all day every day prior. It is a desk job and the area I was in it was hard to socialize and get to know your co-workers due to the high amount of work we had. Management there can be judgmental of you, I thankfully was with one of the better managers in that department, but that doesn't stop the other managers/team leads from talking about you behind your back, it was very disappointing being told about things managers and team leads would say about you, especially when it was not work related but more on the lines of personal/discrimination like comments- I have a larger backside and management/team leads had no remorse when speaking negatively about me to these – more... employees. Its also very apparent that they look for a certain person to be put in a higher up roll, disregarding your skills- if you don't fit their idea of manager forget it- they also cant seem to figure out what to do with the dress code, its quit comical if you ask me. During my 2 years there we had a different dress code about every 6 months, going back and forth from business casual to casual. It can also be confusing because depending on who your manager is and your body shape things will either be more flexible or less, it just depends- my advice would be to always stay dressed to impress. Like the other departments I have worked at in Wells Fargo this one too had fun ways to get us through the day with challenges, team lunches and different types of holiday parties. Overall Wells Fargo is a great company to work for as long as you are willing to work hard, be accountable and be a team player you should have no problem advancing and doing well there. – less
Good place if you are prepared.
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great team and supportive company
Cons: some calls are out of your control
This is a great company to work for. At the call center, customers can be unfair, but it's more in the line of work as a phone banker than the actual company. They will take care of you and if you follow your training and ask the right questions, with good work and a bit of luck, it's very easy to advance in this company. Just be sure you have thick skin for it.
Excellent company
Phone Banker 1 (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Great Company to work for, lots of room to grow within the company with great benefits and pay. Call center enviroment with new experiences everyday with allows you to learn new skills everyday you work.
awesome work environment, awesome managers, and co workers
Online Customer Service Banker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, schedules
Cons: sales goals, daily quotas
This is the best job i've ever worked at I loved it there and the people I worked with. The pay and benefits are amazing not to mention employee discounts on your cellphone bill and gym memberships.
Fun environment, Great people to work for and an awesome work culture!
SR. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: when the mortgage boom happened they closed the division.
It was a great place to work. I was a rep so I was out in the field and I had a strong team to help in the office. It was a good job!
high pace work envirement
Sales Associate /Teller (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: i learned alot about the banking world
Cons: schedule no room to grow
I really thought this would be where I would be able to grow professional and develop a career.
the work scheduled changed so much.
Work Experince
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2015
- A typical day was cashing and depositing checks and balancing cash back
- I learned how to be patient and open to different personalities
- Management would change every year but over all they where all great
-Co-workers where like family
-The hardest part of the job was calming our customers
- The most enjoyable part of it was that I was able to crate a relationship with customers and they became like family
Great people great travel
IT Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Great people great travel
Really great people work at this place.
It was so much fun to work here for more than 2 years and collaborate with managers and agents.
love the people iwork with
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Very sales driven with unrealistic goals. I love helping customers and making them smile. I have learned alot about the world of finan

1 2 3 4 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more