Wells Fargo
6,564 reviews

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

Opportunity to advance but many areas of weakness in management.
Phone and Online Banker (Current Employee), VirginiaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: bonus and advancement opportunities
Cons: short lunch hour, poor management in some departments causes low performance
I enjoy working for the company because I can earn extra income by meeting the goals that are set forth. However, those same goals cannot be met when you have a manager who's action plan prevents you from meeting those goals. I have learned that I was moved to one of the lowest performing areas in the company after leaving from one of the best due work/life – more... balance. I do not understand how a company can have both. The requirements in my new position have caused me to seek employment outside the company to achieve both the desired income and flexibility, while engaging with a management team that can ensure work support and work/life balance. – less
Overall good, but the culture doesn't always promote integrity
Lead Teller/Trainer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2014
 First to engage and build customer relationships in English and Spanish
 Responsible for cash management
 Exchange foreign currency: Euros, British Pounds, Pesos, and others
 Train according to Federal and company guidelines
 Meet quarterly customer service and sales goals
Challenging work environment
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Reno NvSeptember 15, 2014
Enjoyed retaining customers
Always provided great customer service
It was a fun place to work.
Phone Banker/Bankers Coach (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working with company I learned a lot about the banking industry. My co-workers were a pleasure to work with and I made a lot of friends there. The hardest part of the job was working on the weekends but I made it work. The most enjoyable part of the job was training new hires.
Flexible work place with little opportunity to advance or get support
HOME MORTGAGE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, open schedule
Cons: poor/inconsistent pay structure, lack of company/managment support
As with most Loan Officer positions there is quite a bit of freedom with schedule and responsibility to create your own business. Most companies provide quite a bit of support and a clear ladder of advancement. Wells Fargo as a company seemed to treat the mortgage offices in New England as if they operated outside the company map providing little support – more... in marketing and overall business structure. Direct management was disengaged and often openly showed signs of mistrust in the company and lack of faith for job security. – less
a revolving door of employees, supervisors are more worried about who they will fire than developing the good talent they have
Phone Banker 2 (Current Employee), Homewood, ALSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: very negative work environment
Cons: benefits package, work/life balance
wells fargo is a large company... they waste a lot of money on training people... to get them through training and most are fired within a year.... spend more time trying to fire people than trying to develop the talent that they have....
Great Company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Its a positive environment, that requires team work, and a genuine enjoyment of meeting new people.
Great experience
Teller (Former Employee), Terra Linda, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great staff, fun environment
Cons: a lot of standing
It was a good place to work. Everyone is helpful and a team player. It is nerve wracking to work there at first if you've never worked at a bank before but the two weeks training and management made it a whole lot easier. Definitely a good place to works. Pay was good and the more you sale accounts the more your commission check will be.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Experience
Home Preservation Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at Wells Fargo in the Home Preservation Department consist of managing and prioritizing task, which need to be completed from day to day. There is consistent communication with customers inquiring about the status of their accounts, as well as, the reviewing of documents provided for retention options available to avoid foreclosing on – more... the home. I've learned many things such as, time management, punctuality and reliability in order to be successful in my role. My co-workers are very helpful in assisting with questions that may arise and also provide the additional morale that is needed to make the job enjoyable from day to day. The hardest part of the job is communicating decisions to customers that may not qualify for retention options. But, what I enjoy the most about the job is helping customers and advising them on the approvals that potentially assist with keeping the home. – less
nice job
Foreclosure Paralegal (Former Employee), Frederick mdSeptember 11, 2014
Good place to work, nice people, great benifits. Overtime as needed, great trainers, nice managers
1 day
Teller (Former Employee), Midland, TXSeptember 11, 2014
come in open drawer form night before. immediately start transactions from the drop box in dual control.
drive through windows open, while in between transactions from the night before we greet and help guest who just arrive.
then we would work until close, may or may not getting a lunch or break. working 10+ hrs shifts.
never getting out on time, always – more... had call outs. – less
Wells Fargo Bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Is a very good company. have great compensation and salary. Great Health benefit and 401K matching.
overall an awsome bank to work for
Business Specialist (Former Employee), National City, CASeptember 11, 2014
controlled a heavy cash flow resolved customer issues responsible for hitting daily goals and assisting customers with account detailing
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working here and made really good money. The office was closed down and no longer exists otherwise I would still be there!
Ejoyable, Friendly nad wonderful work place
Lead Teller/Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at Wells Fargo was very engaging and delightful. I enjoyed greeting customers, handling deposits, withdrawals, money orders and foreign currency.Most of all I loved just making sure that their transactions were successfully completed and that they were completely satisfied.

I learned how to correct my sales pitches and get a feel for – more... the customers. I learned how to prefect my work ethic, and learned how to work well with my team so we can make our sales goals.

Management was extremely helpful and more than ready to help properly train my fellow co-workers and I. It was their pleasure to help with any problems that may have occurred with a guest' transaction.

My co-workers were a pleasure to work with. We were always more than willing to help each other with any difficulties

The hardest part of working for Wells Fargo was dealing with rude and difficult customers that came from other branches

The most enjoyable part of the job was the welcoming environment and friendly atmosphere – less
Horrible place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: well paid
Cons: everything else
Between the toxic atmosphere and the unattainable (unless you're soulless) goals, I almost had a nervous breakdown working here!
Fun, great place to work with great people.
Inbound and Outbound Sales Specialist (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IowaSeptember 10, 2014
I had the opportunity to interact with the entire country on a day to day basis. Great place to work and no day was the same.
Several Events
Financial Crimes Analyst IV - Team Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job: co-workers
Hardest part of the job: Work enviroment
Wells Fargo Workplace
Regional Bank Private Banker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: sales pressure
great company and great benefits………………………………………………….Lots of sales pressure and high goals but do-able. Resources are available to help you succeed.
Professional staff. Everyone here is the best at what they do.
Sales Banker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Management is excellent. Everyone on staff cares deeply about the residents they serve.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more