Wells Fargo

9.2K reviews

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

great company to work for that wants you to succeed
Teller (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 28, 2015
Pros: initiatives
Cons: management
I enjoyed working for this company. The benefits and compensation were excellent. It is the type of job that is great for advancement, they strive to promote from within.
Work Director (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2015
Wells Fargo is a great company to work for with great benefits, flexible scheduling, great leadership. I love working with new people on a daily basis.
Great place to work!
Home Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Marion IL and Cape GirardeauJuly 28, 2015
I really enjoyed my time with Wells Fargo but decided it was time to move on after seeing some other offices close down due to the market. Ultimately that is what happened.
It is a job
Bank Teller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Regular, consistent schedule, variety of daily customers
Cons: Diversity over talent, location crucial to success, Juvenile coaching and reward structure
Enormous corporate structure, difficult to navigate to find success, a popularity game through and through. The training is on point and then your thrown to the wolves. Customers are both good and bad like anywhere really. At an affluent branch I was insulted and made to feel worthless and unnecessary on a daily basis. A carrot and stick type management with a lot of stick wielding and very, very ...very – more... small carrots. Strict policies in place that most seasoned employees know how to get around based on loopholes. Can be unscrupulous and mean-spirited at times, the word caddie comes to mind. Learned a lot about banking, financial best practices and how affective money and such can be. Coaching was like kindergarten not like business school and stickers and paper certificates are you badges for a job well done rather than education and dollars. Basically, rich people don't want to buy anything from a young poor white guy. In a sales based business that is really all that matters. – less
Excellent
Collector (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Flex Schedule
Cons: Phone
It was a nice place to go to work each day. Schedules were very Flexible, tied to a phone. Hard to advance, Loads of learning advantages, classes you could take. Co-Workers were very nice, very helpful. The best really!!!
productive, driven workplace
FHA/VA Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2015
productive, driven workplace. continuous policy changes. no consistency. varied management skills and implementation. forever changing environment. Good people.
Sale! Sale! Sale!
Banker (Former Employee), NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits were very nicely priced and even 20hr associates are eligible, Best training program in banking around
Cons: Sales, job movement and security based off of unrealistic sales goals
-You are just as good as your sales number...

-In my experience I have witnessed service managers talk very poorly to associates (cussing at them, degrading comments, favoritism). Luckily my numbers were always high so i was fortunate to only witness this however at the same time I also felt bad for the service managers as they were yelled at constantly due to their tellers not making the unrealistic set sales goals.

Teller (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Hardworking and highly motivated with a professional attitude. Ability to establish rapport, communicate effectively with customers and competent in effectively dealing with high customer traffic and constant interruptions.
Great Environment, Great Management
Business Banker (Former Employee), RichmondJuly 27, 2015
Great Company
Everyday was a learning phase
Management is very pushy
Co-workers were very helpful
Hardest part was the sales
I enjoyed working at Wells Fargo Bank.
Lead Teller Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Snohomish WashingtonJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Training, support and encouragement
Cons: I really dont have a con towards the company.
I enjoyed working at Wells Fargo Bank even though I was only there for a short while. I was taught well and encouraged by my co-workers and upper management to succeed. I worked hard and became a Lead teller in only a few months. The training and classes provided were instrumental in my success. I thank them for the training and the lessons I learned working for them.
Good learning experience
Multiple position within the company (Former Employee), Concord & San Francisco CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Growth and learning
Cons: unable to transfer out of state
22 years with the company in various accounting, finance, customer service posistions. Able to learn multiple areas of banking.
High gear production with potential for great success
Operations Analyst / Collections Servicing Group (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, incentive programs dependant on department
Having worked for Wells Fargo Bank for 7+ years I can say that the company culture is a great fit for Oregon being very customer focused and with great attention payed to working/living in a better environment with programs and incentives available. Work loads vary by department but every manager and team lead I have worked with have all been very helpful in moving my career forward while there.
productive with great people
Premier Phone Banker (Current Employee), bethlehemJuly 27, 2015
Wells Fargo is a great place to work. The environment is a great place for a individual looking to start a career . The supervisors are very supportive and there is a good atmosphere with the other employees.
I have continued to sharpen my skills in the Loss Mitigation department in an office environment. I enjoy helping others.
Home Preservation Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 27, 2015
I do enjoy working for a well known bank but the pay is low. I feel this is a very easy and fast paced job that is not for everyone, I do love it!! Just need more pay to support my family.
Sales Sales Sales
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Sales
The only thing that matters for wells fargo is sales. The benefits are great and the job could be great but no matter how good you are if you aren't pushing products then you aren't doing a good job.
co-workers made time go by
Transmission/ Migration Conversion Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
My typical day at work was to assist customers by phone. We made sure there system was compatible with the new system. It was an easy job to do and days were long sometimes but having easy going co-workers made time pass.
Great People to work with
Loan Processing (Former Employee), CharlotteJuly 27, 2015
* Wells is real Customer Service based
* Has a lot of compentition
*Management was not really involved in development.
*Co worker Really help out with day to day work.
Customer interactions
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Talking to customers
Fun place to work with co workers and a great place to meet difference cultures. Always a learning experience on slot machine.
Benefits and Compensation better than average.
Loan Document Specialist IV - Home Loan Processor (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJuly 27, 2015
This is a great place to work if your looking for above average benefits and compensation. Management is a revolving door.
Productive and laid back work environment
Consumer Loan Underwriter 2 (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits, room for growth
Cons: the pay scale
Wells Fargo gives you the tools that you need to do you job correctly and professional. A typical work day at Wells Fargo is very laid back, diversed, and not micro managed. The managers show there leadership roles and are very helpful with moving you to the next step in your career.
Headquarters