Wells Fargo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,505 reviews matching the search
One of the Worst Jobs I've Had
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 23, 2016
Wells Fargo did not place much emphasis on its associates. It was evident in the way the building was set up, the cubicles, and even the communications that went out via email. Nothing was celebrated about the associates other than metrics and promotions. Everything was SELL, SELL, SELL! We would only get rewarded for a snack from the snack cart that would come by every month or so ONLY if we met our metrics...says a lot. I felt that growth and development of associates didn't matter to Wells Fargo. It was either do well with your metrics, meaning get off the phone in a timely manner, no matter if you've helped the customer or not, and then MAYBE you can move on up the corporate ladder. Very stressful job, not worth the pay.
Pros
Free team member checking account
Cons
No company morale, lack of career development, needed more team building and better management
Very rewarding
teller (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNMay 23, 2016
Working as a teller at Wells Fargo is very rewarding because you are dealing with customer's finances. They want customer's to grow and succeed with the help of multiple different opportunities for insurance, credit development, and savings.
Great company to start with
Personal Banker SAFE Registered (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2016
Good for people who is just starting they're career , they don't let you move to the position that fits you better and that you can be more productive until you hit the year mark - which is bad for people like me that have dedication and motivation to GROW and make the best out of something that they do
Benefits
My Review...
Phone Banker I (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 23, 2016
The people there were amazing to work with, I enjoyed my supervisors company, as well as my teammates. Upper management were very rude. Their expectations are absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them.
Shady Company pays well.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake Park, MNMay 22, 2016
Disliked Wells Fargo, I didn't like management asking for me to ignore the US Patriot act, internal sales and cut throat numbers make management itch to get them any way possible even if it meant putting a customer in an unusable account. I did like having more opportunity to build personal clientele. Didn't like Management requiring Bankers to meet for a review in the middle of transaction to ensure banker is reaching maximum sale potential. The Training process was great and very well put-together!
Wonderful working environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed working for Wells Fargo. All the staff are wonderful, and I always looked forward to going to work. Absolutely loved the customers.
Worst Company Ever
Service Manager I (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NJMay 21, 2016
Worst Company Ever. Unethical sales, cold calling to customers past business hours. Managers appear helpful but are very shady and only look out for themselves. They preach about service but haven't figured out how to implement exceptional service.
great entry level job focused on sales
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 21, 2016
primarily focused on sales and generating sit down appointments with customers. you'll most likely be opening multiple accounts for family members and friends.
Pros
great benefits and job security
Cons
sales were the focus
Decent place to work.
Personal /Small Business Banker/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98108May 20, 2016
Company culture is decent. Salaries are underwhelming. Co workers are great. Lots of customer service issues.Typical day at work is non stop service and interaction with clients
Pros
Good vacation, overtime
Cons
Too much work for the compensation
Great company for work/life balance... room for improvement in advancement
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDMay 20, 2016
It is great to work for a company knowing what is expected of you each day. Wells Fargo also ensures that each team member has ample time to spend with their families with a fairly good schedule to balance both your work and family life.

There is room for improvement when it comes to advancement. Although they advertise that they promote from within, most of the opening are already meant for someone and is mainly a formality. Upper management tend to favor employees they already know.
Building long term relationships with our customers, in person and by phone
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 20, 2016
Personal Bankers sell retail banking products and services to customers and prospects. Manages customer portfolio, services relationships and cross-sells all products and services. Provides broad base of financial and credit services with the goals of acquiring 100% of the customers' business. Develops and maintains relationships with Wells Fargo partners to maximize sales opportunities and achieve minimum sales standards. Uses profiling analysis tools to identify cross sell opportunities and makes outbound sales calls typically by phone to increase product per customer ratio. May handle cash transactions. May spend up to 30% of time completing service-related tasks.
Pros
Long lunch hours, great retirement benefits, company develompent and growth
Cons
Long Shifts
good people
Managed Resource/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 20, 2016
i loved working at wells Fargo. Had a schedule and was not all over place as schedule wise.Had a routine which I like to do, but it gets boring and i do not see my self growing within.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
did not have weekend off
productive and stable environment to work in
Teller (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2016
My experience there is phenomenal. I have learned a great deal of responsibilities and requirements that are necessary to complete and get the job done as a teller for Wells Fargo.It is a great company to work for and the co workers there are extremely helpful and their desire to assist the next employee to move forward and be successful in moving up in the company is wonderful and extraordinarily unique.
Work hard play hard
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 20, 2016
Production and quality numbers continue to increase. Looking to expand my underwriting knowledge. I continue to learn something new everyday which is great. It is something new everyday.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Many gray areas
Overall a good place to work that offers opportunity for advancement
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCMay 20, 2016
Provide customer service and help customers understand and manage accounts. Listening is key to this position and having an experienced manager and senior co-workers is very helpful.
fun
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 20, 2016
high sales, great sales training and even better pay for motivated sales people. Highly recommend it, once you start here anything is possible
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Good company to expand your career
SR. BUSINESS PAYROLL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 20, 2016
This is a good company you can use to advantage your career. The advancement opportunities have slowed down within the last few years.
Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great place to start a career path; however, if you are looking to grow it may not be the best place for employment.
overall an ok place to work for
Financial Crimes Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 19, 2016
it is nice to receive insurance benefits and paid time off when needed and have 401k. team members are helpful and I learned more skills to benefit my career. the hardest part of the job is always trying to make everyone happy.
Great work/life balance, but little else
Personal Banker/ASM, Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAMay 19, 2016
They have the best training program anywhere for bankers, but once you complete training, they really drop the ball on continuing education. There are MANY online, self-directed courses to take, but rarely are they clear, concise, and very informative. There is no follow up other than management using a checklist to make sure everyone who needs a class can show on their corporate transcripts that it was taken. I believe that is why turnover is high (nearly 100%)for them, for a bank or financial institution. They really need to mean what they say about "investing in their people." Otherwise, the home life/work life balance is great because it is truly a 9 to 5 (ish) job.
Pros
Life balance, reimbursement programs, full benefits, GREAT coworkers, massive back office support staff
Cons
Always shorthanded, lower pay than other banks, some benefits not cost-effective, they lose focus because employees truly are a 7-digit ID number to them