Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Sales goals were tough...
Teller (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNOctober 18, 2017
When I worked at Wells Fargo, sales goals were high and only getting higher. I went through 6 managers in my 4 years there. I did appreciate the flexibility of my shifts. They worked around my school schedule.
Pros
Reputable business
Cons
High stress due to goals.
Productive, fast paced environment with company recognition
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 18, 2017
Wells Fargo is a fast paced, professional environment with always room for growth. Varies opportunities for long term career within the company with great benefits and good pay.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Fast Paced
Overall a good company to work for
Researcher/Remediation Analyst III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
Overall a good company to work for
401K
Health/dental benefits
Pay ranges are fair
Stock options
As an employer the pros outweigh the con's I personally believe
Fast pace environment with awesome benefits
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 18, 2017
Awesome benefits, PTO, 401k, paid tuition, all insurances. Pretty flexible if you are part time. Pay is decent, but not great. Lots of opportunities to move up, but lots of favortism.
politics
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 18, 2017
everything boils down to politics, not skills. the best way to move forward and advance in your career is to threaten to leave. as long as the company thinks your in control you will be stuck in your role underpaid.
Poor management and cancerous culture
Manager, Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 18, 2017
When I started at Wells Fargo, it was a very positive and supportive work environment. However, when I moved into another division and after the acquisition of Wachovia, the company became too large and it was apparent that the focus was no longer about customers or team members, the focus was about getting "to eight" and about share price.
not a good experience
Premier Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNOctober 18, 2017
initially was let go due to pregnancy. had to dispute the decision through an appeals process to be rehired. after the rehire was treated very cold so i ended up quitting and pursuing other career goals
great place to start a career
Qualtiy Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
working 8 hours a day on a computer, great campus, decent management, not a lot of opportunities for advancement.most enjoyable part of the job is co workers.
Pros
job security
Cons
doesnt pay as well as competitors
A good job
Operations Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 18, 2017
A typical day at work involves me coming to work and getting my job done. I don't have a micro manager because my work is always done and on time. Management here is very laid back and caring but will step in and take care of anything that arises. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can do my work, I know what is expected of me and what my deadline is.
Pros
The people/management
Cons
job security right now is low
Most enjoyable
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 18, 2017
Really good benefits. I enjoy having the option of taking same day pto or unpaid pto when staffing levels are higher then calls. The option of leaving the same day is nice.
Financial Services
Marketing Analyst for Small Business Banking (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2017
Joined right after the Norwest merger first made Wells fargo a national player. I learned a lot of great SQL coding and reporting skills there. Overall, I enjoyed my time there.
productive
Bank Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNOctober 18, 2017
fast pace work environment. you have to enjoy working with people and helping them become financially successful. teamwork environment, well home work life balance
Pros
schedule could be flexible
Cons
coworkers not always team players
Focus on making money not serving customer
Credit Versatility (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2017
The bank is compliance-shy. The management is more concerned about satisfactory audits and appeasing compliance then doing what is logical and right. Client is secondary to profit.
Pros
Time Off, Opportunities if find yourself
Cons
Demeaning managers, production over quality/skill, lacks career planning
It is a call center and they follow all the call center rules.
Claims Assistance Center, Financial Crimes Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 18, 2017
Hard to learn their rules, ................................ Was expected to read the dozens of emails per day..................and also stay on the phones at the same time.
Pros
its a call center
Cons
its a call center
Great Consulting Experience
Analytic Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2017
Working as an Analytic Consultant (contract employee). Great work environment and employees. Really enjoyed the culture and the work. Would recommend Wells Fargo highly.
Teller
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
Great place to work and to start a sales career. Lots of room for advancedment great training programs and overall a good company culture. Its a sales role so there is criteria you have to meet if, but i fyou like that then its perfect for you.
fast paced
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  raleigh NCOctober 18, 2017
Micro Managing Company. management is knowledgeable. but a high turn over of employees. a lot of diversity. and plenty of job opportunities. room for improvement with job development. very fast paced environment but not enough training for new hires.
Cons
micro managed
fun and productive
Teller line Team member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2017
Great place for learning and advancement with right management team. Atmosphere is professional and training is very on point with all of the right tools
Pros
hours, advancement
Cons
Lack of good management team
Excellent place to work
Technical Manager/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 18, 2017
Excellent place to work , nice management and had lot of learning. IF i given a chance again will work happily. Such a nice work environment. Had a chance to work among some of the finest talents.
Okay place
Office Manager & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 18, 2017
It was an okay place to work. Not much expectations but got boring. Not much job stability if they get in trouble due to all the lawsuits or budget cuts.
Pros
free food and good benefits
Cons
bad reputation in media

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.