Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 17,637 reviews matching the search
Predatory Culture
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metuchen, NJAugust 17, 2017
They didn't care about customers. All they seemed concerned with was pushing products and opening new accounts, no matter the cost. The culture there felt very unhealthy in general.
Benefits
Cons
Predatory culture and management
A place of growth
Collector/ Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 17, 2017
I appreciate all information and skills I acquired through this company. I discovered the skills I possessed at this jobs. I had the opportunity to work with several great supervisors, managers and co-workers.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Some of Managment
Great company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 17, 2017
Typical work day at Wells Fargo is great, you get to meet new people everyday. I've learned so much about banking. Nitika is a great Branch Manager to work for.
toxic sales culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 17, 2017
i am certain this no longer the case since banker no longer have sales goals but when i was working there the sales culture was toxic. terrible.wages were higher than others but expectations were high. wages were high but compensations were super low.
benefits
Cons
sales culture
Not Worth It
Financial Crimes Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 17, 2017
My typical day includes taking inbound calls from customers experiencing both fraud and non fraud on their accounts. Your success is based on how quickly you can get the customer off of the phone as well as how long it takes you to finish out the claim work after the call has been released. Wells Fargo pays very well considering I am young and still in school, but the flack that you are forced to take from the customers is not worth it. Granted, some of the customers are very polite and easy to work with but the majority are extremely belligerent and hateful. The amount of conflicting information that you receive from senior representatives as well as supervisors is ridiculous. Customers are also quick to bring up the recent scandalous activity that Wells Fargo has been involved in which makes for very uncomfortable phone calls. All around not worth it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Literally everything else
Good environment
Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2017
Good work/life balance. Strong code of conduct and ethics. Excellent benefits. Managers and many team members have years of experience. Good performance is rewarded. Wells Fargo is a large company so schedules are tightly managed. Also, since it is a large company, opportunities for advancement can be limited since there is strong internal competition from a large pool of employees.
Pros
Good benefits, work/life balance.
Cons
Tightly managed schedules, large call volumes.
Good Place
Home Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MN 55901August 17, 2017
Good Place to work but stressful position. If the position's pay structure was a little different, I would have a little bit of different thoughts. Overall I am happy working for Wells Fargo
mediation specialist
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 17, 2017
loved working at wells fargo. Good company and takes real good care of you. I would recommend it to anyone who is seeking a job with good benefits and just to be stable.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 17, 2017
Good place to work but company reputation in the marketplace is challenging to work thru daily. Great networking throughout the enterprise and team members willing to help.
Overall Review
Financial Crimes Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 17, 2017
The company overall at this point has room for growth and improvement. There is a need to show more employee appreciate in some certain dept. since bonuses are not an option for them.
benefits
Cons
pay could be better
Its a bank
Vice President Regional Sales and Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2017
To many changes
ti add to this section- just looking to apply for new jobs
i do like your website though- one of the best in world
I don't have anything else
Pros
Stable
Cons
Too big sometines
I would have given a 5 star rating 3 years ago
Private Banker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
Now the company has drastically changed the culture. Where some good comes from this, it has drastically reduced my overall compensation. The new dirty word is "sales"
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Confusing bonus comp since recent settlement. Lower bonus and overall pay
Great Benefits
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2017
Unfair practice, Allow friends, and white men to work the best branches, to make the most money. People of color are given the less productive branches in areas where there is no growth the people are credit challenges, and no new construction.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hard to advance
fun
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 17, 2017
Amazing team very supportive always putting each other up. Great environment always something great to look forward to. Very flexible with schedules and if anything needed always their.
Well respected company with lots of bad press
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 17, 2017
I mostly enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo until they changed the culture, comp plan, and job duties. The company has suffered severely in the news for almost a year and as a result my job segment has suffered greatly. It has impacted my ability to earn money and do my job effectively.
Pros
You used to be able to earn a good living there. Very recognizable brand. Great benefits.
Cons
The company brand has been badly damaged in the area where I worked.
Asks a lot from employees but generally pays accordingly
Vice President/Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2017
Well known bank with a culture that asks a lot of its employees but also generally pays accordingly. Executive management has changed a great deal in recent years and new culture may be forming.
Awesome place to work
Short sale/Liquidations FHA Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 17, 2017
Enjoy researching and interpreting legal orders; and the overall diversity within the company. The cultural atmosphere and career opportunities afforded here is impeccable.
Productive workplace
Loan Documention Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 17, 2017
Fast paced. Things get done in a timely manner. Overbearing management. Diverse culture. Hardest part was management and the way things were handled and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
When I worked there
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Angola, INAugust 17, 2017
The management was a mixed bag. I left as soon as I had the opportunity.

I loved working with the public and many of my co-workers. The job itself was pretty easy but the sales side was stressful. I'm glad to see some changes were made since I left.
Lead teller (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work for growth and experience. Lots of opportunities to learn and self discover your best customer service tactics. Also a great compensation plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.