Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 13,464 reviews matching the search
Fast paced business environment
Loan Document Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 31, 2016
It was always a busy day in our office. We maintained regular contact with our customers to ensure all of their needs were met during the loan assumption process. Even though the process itself is very tedious, the customers were always ensured that their loan documents were in the best hands possible. I learned a lot about loan processing and how to function as a team. My management was accessible and extremely busy at the same time.
Productive and fun place to work
Online customer Specialists (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2016
When you come in you are immediately greeted by staff. As in any call center it's tough far as the customers who call in you can't control them or the call volume but the work environment is phenomenal just wish I was getting paid more money. We are always having potlucks and winning prizes. It's like we are family and ther is always a open door policy with no fear of reprisal. Overall I can't complain about the work environment just the calls we get.
Pros
Prizes and Potlucks
Cons
Irate customers
Great Company to work
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2016
Great company to work with well defined goals, deliverables and work assignments. Wonderful people (management, co-workers and all interfacing internal and external teams) and office environment w/ easy access to SF bart train and restaurants.
Pros
Good compensation, flexible working hours, free drinks and pleassant work environment
Cons
Seriously need an auditor to check PMs work and seriously take feedback from the people they work, Dont be mislead of full PM credential certification.
stressfull
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Stressfull, underpayed,u can get fired for the simplest reason even though sometimes it's a simple mistake with no warning or writing you up,,, a lot of people got fired and it was so unfair,it's always blamed on the employee no matter what the situation is,they won't fight for you no matter how good employee you are or were you r always replacaple ..customers come first not employees.. they tell you to do some stuff but this stuff can be held against you if you have a customer complaint ... a lot more i don't recommend working for the company after all the lawsuites that has been filed against it and as well they can fire you for not meeting your sales goals and their goals r insanely rediculous..
Great diversity
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for Well Fargo Bank as a Phone Banker and what I learn while working there is how to budget my finances and worked at building my credit. A typical day was different each day and assisting a different customer with their financial needs. The hardest part of the day to day as a Phone Banker at Wells Fargo, I felt was the product referrals. And I have to say the most enjoyable part of working at Wells Fargo was the work environment and company's diversity.
Finance and Admin officer
Lead Teller /Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at Epic Int would be answering multiple emails. Balancing quick books, making payments to vendors, reviewing and requesting payment from the government, administration duties, order office supplies, correctly filing invoices in share point, checking mail, delivering packages to correct employee, sending out packages, answering phone calls, arranging travel plans for employees and arranging important business meetings.
Premier tier global bank that promotes a great work-life balance for it's employees.
Assistant Vice President, Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great place to work. Thru 10 team member networks, Wells Fargo demonstrates it's concern for it's employees. Wells Fargo also sponsors several mentoring programs pairing executives with less experienced employees to help them develop their career. Ultimately concerned that we will continue to be a great service provider for our domestic and international customers, Wells Fargo continually reinvents and improves it's systems and approaches.
Fun fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Greet customer, take them to my desk uncover customers need. Either to open account, fix any problems they may have can range from account services to home mortgage loans. My job also includes being in the teller area; Making payments, deposits, and withdrawals from accounts. Extra responsibilities I have are making approvals on system when it exceeds another team member’s limit. I also open the bank on Wednesdays. My job includes a lot of multi-tasking and overseeing for a successful day as a team
Very good company to work for as a regular full time employee if you are a finance professional.
Metrics Reporting & Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2016
The company is a great company to work for as a permanent employee, however there are many levels of management that creates a problem in resolving the real issues at hand. It takes far too long for things to move forward because of the number of levels of approvals needed.
Pros
great benefits if you are a full time employee
Cons
they hire mostly contractors to do most of the task and hire only a few folks from outside.
Great place to gain experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 7, 2016
Our first job is to understand our customers’ financial objectives, then provide products and services to help satisfy those goals so they can be financially successful. And, the best way for us to meet our customers’ needs is by working together, as a team.

We put our customers at the center of everything we do and give them such outstanding service and guidance that they’ll give us more of their business, honor us with repeat purchases, and rave about us to their family, friends, and business associates. Our value added is our financial guidance.

Want to know more about Wells Fargo?

Ask a question
Great management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 29, 2016
During my time at Wells Fargo I noticed quickly that it was not going to be an easy job. The department I was in dealt with frustrated customers who were declined during a transaction.

I personally loved working my hardest to make it the smoothest experience for every customer that came my way.

All employees were under VERY STRICT 'sell to everyone' requirements.

My manager was very lenient on this, making the day very smooth for my team. I am very thankful for that, as other teams did not have it that easy.

If we did not sell... we would get fired.

I had seen a handful of people from my own class removed for inability to sell products to customers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
requirements
Easy and care free workplace
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 31, 2016
Calls were simple and it was never too much a banker could handle. Each day you learned how to handle different personality types and financial issues. Management was decent, often times they were there when you needed assistance. Co-workers were helpful if they weren't busy at the time needed. The hardest part of the job was meeting the quality assurance goals. The best part of the job was successfully helping customers succeed in their financial goals.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Quality Assurance goals
Never a Dull Moment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. We changed Management quite a few times but in the mix of it all we had a great time. I got to step up and help out with Management while we were in the process of finding new.
A typical day would be come in do a morning chant and then off to my office to find a way to help us the bankers make our sales but also to help the tellers be successful as well.
It was a family unit that we enjoyed working together.
Pros
I had my own Pcard paid by Wells Fargo and alot of wonderful traning
Cons
Late Hours to be sucessful... But there was always good to everything
Not Terrible
Phone Banker, Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 13, 2016
Excellent Pay and potential for bonus (if you're sales driven.)
Outside HR makes this an ideal job for people with disabilities. Actual managers are not very accessible to employees. Supervisors for the most part are pretty awful (maybe that's just a nighttime thing.)
The bank itself is a horrible corporation.
This job is NOT customer service CENTERED. It is SALES driven.
As the first point of contact for people having issues/needing help with their accounts, being a SALES position sucks.
Pros
PAY
Cons
Employee "numbers" expectations (e.i. selling products, keeping the call time short, etc.)
A typical work day
Operations Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2016
A typical work day begins with logging into several systems then checking email and voice mail. Next I prioritize my work according to urgency and handle any pressing items. I learned many computer systems as well as using Microsoft Office and became an expert in them. My co-workers were great people and we were able to form a great team and learned to work efficiently together. I enjoyed my job because it utilized my degree as a paralegal.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not much flexibility with time off
A positive environment with highly efficient resource allocation.
Credit Analyst/Seasonal Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2016
Wells Fargo provided a great training program which was fail proof for any driven employee. Internal progression was very accessible based on individual performance. Great management reporting platform that allowed each member to self improve.

Wells Fargo recruited me as a contractor for five months. I must say that learning and becoming efficient on the daily tasks was made easy due to the great management.
Pros
Positive environment with great training programs
CAO Internship Experience
CAO HR Digital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great place to work at. People are very down-to-earth and helpful since the company culture really focuses on investing in people and teamwork. My managers and mentors are extremely supportive and cares a lot about my learning and development. I felt like a valued member on the team even as an intern and got the chance to take part in many on-going projects and make lasting impacts.
Pros
Great managers. Good people and culture.
Provide us all the tools we need, Rewarded evey time you did a good job.flexibilty with the hour, specially if you have personal matters to attend to.
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 1, 2016
It is fun to work with. Even with the high volume of works . we still be able to have our diversity , potluck , anniversary rewarded when you did an excellence job.. Managers always treat us every time we meet our deadlines. Flexible with the hours specially when you have personal matters to attend to. Gives you a health insurance even your part time employee.
Values driven financial institution
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER INTERNATIONAL GROUP (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2016
Wells Fargo is one of the long-time financial institutions with terrific and sincere values, making it a great place to bank and work. The community engagement and social responsibility practices are very strong and there are some amazing managers and leaders there with both skill and heart.
Pros
Excellent benefits package and flexibility
Cons
In financial services compliance is going to be a big part of every person's role.
Expierence a place of mysteries.
Phone Banker II (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 5, 2016
A typical day primarily included to service and offer products to the clients, to help them succeed financially. In the office, the co-workers that I have had an opportunity to meet, for the most part, I absolutely loved and enjoyed being around them, it's probably the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part of the job is having to be extremely resourceful in an consistently changing environment and having limited person to person guided help. The management can be somewhat distant and undeserving, and those who are chosen to represent management, are completely the same.
Cons
Short breaks, Long time to enter/exit building, Parking