Wells Fargo

9.5K reviews

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

ok
Teller/ Customer service sales representative (Former Employee), Compton, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: have to sell
I was a teller but was soon a customers sales rep. on both sides you had to meet a goal if not you would get written up. I would hit my goals but there was times that you would do or be told to open a account no matter what. so we would sometimes we would break or bend some policies to make ends meet but end of quarter.
It's the mortgage business
AREA PROCESSING MANAGER (Former Employee), frederickAugust 29, 2015
Working with processors in different locations
Working with operations centers to make sure loans were underwritten and closed properly and in a timely manner
Work with sales daily to help resolve issues
Overall, OK company to work for, with exceptions
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: enjoyment working with customers, co-workers
Cons: poor management, inadequate systems
Overall, mixed review. Co-workers were great. Met a lot of really great people. I enjoyed working with customers and found it to be rewarding. I really enjoyed working for my 1st supervisor, who always treated me like gold, and would always go to bat for me. My performance was exceptional under this supervisor, and even received a promotion. I can't say the same, though, for my 2nd supervisor, who was the complete total opposite. We would get written up for not meeting a certain metric, and constantly threatened with a formal warning, subject to termination. This supervisor was very unsupportive when it came to going to bat for their people. As a result, I watched my performance drop dramatically, along with everyone else's in the group. In addition, systems were so bad, they affected the proper servicing of our customers by breaking down daily.
Excellent place to work and learn lot of new things
Application System Analyst (Current Employee), Concord, CAAugust 28, 2015
It is really great to work with WellsFargo Sales team, from legacy to all latest technology you can explore, freedom to decide and execute considering the thoughts and expeirnece of consultants.
Professional work environment
Client Processing Rep ll (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Working indepent
Cons: To much office gossip
I enjoyed my challenging roll as a Client Processing Rep ll at Wells Fargo Retail Services. Great support staff and supervisor. Wells Fargo has are good to their employees. They encourage you to be a team player.
Wells Fargo is a very well-run company. They treated me very well.
Senior Real Estate Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule.
Wells Fargo demands a lot from their employees. They expect hard work and integrity. I have a lot of respect for my former supervisors. I was always treated fairly.
what i learned
Personal Banker III (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: They pay you to learn from them
Cons: working retain is under paid
I learned a system of business at Wells Fargo. How to prospect clients, build a book of business and cross sale to existing clients. I have learned many of their systems. I'm confident I can take all that I learned to another company or start my own business.
Great culture with focus on building relationships with coworkers
Personal Banker I (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, benefits package
Cons: few promotions
Fun place to work with a great group of coworkers. Heavy emphasis on meeting personal goals and branch goals. Management promised promotions but rarely followed through.
Overworked and Underpaid
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great 401K, Lots of PTO
Cons: Low wages, Micro Management
Wells Fargo had great benefits but when it comes to pay they are behind the boat. Even top performers in the department only would receive a 1% yearly raise. This causes many people to leave departments after a year to seek out higher salaries.
sales driven
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Chatsworth, CAAugust 27, 2015
very goal orientated with compensation
sales driven surveys orientated customer serivce fun place young people fun place to work at also with no benefits
Nice Place to Be at
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great Experience. Good for Networking
Cons: Say not Sales Position but HUGE stress on Sales
Very good place to work. Gave a great basis of the banking environment, with one the best training programs offered by any employer. Truly wants to see you succeed in your position
Good advancement oppurtunities
Phone Banker (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Stressful work sometimes
Great company to grow at if you enjoy having a numbers and sales driven job. Always opportunities to grow within the company and expand your career.
collections
COLLECTOR I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: great team work and company listens to employee needs
Cons: none
I love this job it was a personal need to help others about to lose their home by reviewing the foreclosure accounts plus negotiating and accepting payments. Also, after the customer was able to save their home cross selling other bank products the customer needed.
During some of the calls the supervisor would come around to ensure no one needed assistance. The co workers worked together if needed. I learned that slowing the call and listening to the customer and the tone of my voice help me build rapport and resolve the issues.
Customer oriented with goals needed to be reached.
Teller (Current Employee), Augusta GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Goal Incentives
I work daily with many customers with all kinds of personalities so I am very adapting to any situation and or issue. I have goals to meet which I have never had an issue meeting any sales goal in any of my careers. I get along with all coworkers and we learn a lot from each other as we work to learn new things daily. The hardest part of my job is when small things effect our work ethics or environment, our customers should always leave happy and when that can't be done i feel like the day wasn't as successful as it should have been.
The easiest part is when I meet my daily goals and do everything possible to make sure every customer I have leaves with a smile.
Great Place to Work
Securities Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2015
Great job work/ life balance. The benefits and compensation are good. Management is not the best but the job culture is fun and upbeat.
Fun and Fast
Bank Teller (Former Employee), kenai akAugust 27, 2015
Great place of employment, works with its employees while giving them room to grow. great benefits for full and part time. lots of support from management. great coworkers
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!
Personal Banker (Current Employee), TampaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
I hate this place so much I can't put it into words. You're forced to jam banking products down peoples throats even when the product isn't right for them. Constant cold calling, visiting business to sell accounts while they attempted to conduct their own business, and more awfulness. Run...run from this job. The money is a joke for all the stress they put on you to sell.
Great staff, supportive resources
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Olympia, WAAugust 27, 2015
Wells Fargo offers a lot of resources to the loan officer to assist with their marketing and business planning. The opportunity to sit a bank branch can generate a lot of referrals as well.
Fun place to work and good team members
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Being able to wear casual clothing.
Cons: Time management with expediate intake and output on calls
Comfortable work environment, good company. Typical work day would be assisting internal customers with external customers account via telephone. Learned Excel and Outlook, and MS Word. Very positive environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet Average Handle Time on each call ( handle each call under 5 minutes). I enjoyed working with people. Management support.
Productive and busy team-engaged environment
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Woodinville, WAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: open until 6 on saturdays
Every day I help customers with transactions and provide excellent customer service, have a weekly sales goal and coach other tellers in customer engagement and sales techniques.I am in charge of inventory and postal upkeep. Over the past 2 I have learned how to be a leader and how to handle thousands of dollars in US and foreign currency. I have used my skills to be in the top 3 tells in my district for the past 3 quarters. I work well and have a strong relationship with all of my coworkers including managment. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the new people i meet on a daily basis.
Headquarters