Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 14,457 reviews matching the search
Right Job for the right candidate
Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 15, 2016
I can't say enough about how much i enjoy my co-workers (peers and staff). They are what keeps me going everyday and brings a positive side to what i do. I enjoy being part of there life and helping them grow and develop.
When it comes to team member development and advancement for front line managers well lets just say it's not a strong point for the company. Compensation and benefits are sub par and there are much better opportunities out there. Work life balance is possible if you are in the right department with trusting and supportive leadership. If not then there is minimal work/life balance. I would say that it is a good starting company for those entering the job market to build upon there skill set and then look towards a smaller company that isn't driven by corporate politics.
Pros
People/co-workers, and PTO package
Cons
Healthcare, compensation, opportunity for advancement
Explanation of ratings
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 23, 2016
Ratings are dependent on department and position.

Operations has amazing job culture, management, and work life balance, but zero ability to advance.

Mortgage department has no work life balance, no compensation, no job security, and very little opportunity to advance. Job culture is harsh with long hours, and zero management appreciation.

Wells Fargo Audit Services BEST PLACE TO WORK - 5 stars for every category. Managers are top notch, co-workers have respect for one another, work life balance is not only active but enforced. Job security is prime, and advancement is easily obtained of you are deserving of it.
The worst
Premier Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 22, 2016
It was honestly the greediest culture to work in day in and day out. I worked a 10 by 4, meaning I worked 4 days a week for 10 hours. 10 hours of just taking terrible calls from customers that we had to coddle in order to then get them to buy something. Sales goals were insane though I reached them everyday I would feel drained on my drive to work AND back. The management only cared about numbers and scamming the callers into opening up more credit cards and loans/lines or CD's. This company does not care about their customers one ounce which is now coming to light through their various lawsuits. I discourage even my greatest enemy from working here. They also expected you to come in no matter how terrible driving conditions were and if you were to receive 6 unplanned absences, you would automatically be fired.

The quality assurance team made it their sole priority to take away any bonuses that were rightfully yours.
Pros
coworkers, salary
Cons
management, goals, corporate greed, stress, minimum breaks, bonusses being cut.
Too many hours with no chance of advancement
Operations Clerk/ Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2016
I work in the cash vault and when I say work, I mean I live there. First shift is working 45 hrs or more a week while 2nd shift gets to go home early. No communication between management and employees. Each Manager has a different definition of team work. Work directors yell at you in front of other team members about private matters instead of pulling you aside and being professional.
Annual raise is a joke. You're lucky if you get 10 cents. That's after working there for 5 years.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
short lunchs, poor management, work/life balance
Employment at Wells Fargo Is NotWhat it Use to Be...
Customer Resolution Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 29, 2016
The work environment has drastically changes since I first started working there. I use to be a great place to work at and many of the employees seemed to enjoy working there till the company started to focus more on their sales goals instead of the customers or its employees (WF CEO Scandal). Lacking at Wells Fargo is also the work life balance and many of the employees do not enjoy working there anymore since it is a very stressful environment. What is still great about Wells Fargo is the people there since it is a familial environment, with the exception of most of the management. Another great thing about Wells Fargo is the benefits that it provided from the from the Medical and Life Insurance policies it offers it employees to the Paid Vacation time.
Pros
The Benefits and the People
Cons
Management and No Work Life Balance
Great Family feeling with other employees
Corp HR CSR (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 29, 2016
Employees get along great, but some mid-level management bring their personal beliefs to work and force them on others. This made many employees uncomfortible in the work place and felt as if they did not go along with the managers beliefs that it would keep them from getting promotions. Also allowed to yell at employees while working in front of other employees. Upper management and the mid-level were friends for over 25 years and this was stated alot so that you would not go to upper management and report problems. Otherwise I love the team members I worked with and only one mid-level manager did this others were great and showed that they appreicated their team. Not great on raises and this is the only department that did not get bonuses.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks, not good raises, and no bonuses
Modest pay, not competitive, high sales pressure
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 12, 2016
Expect your work days to be focused around hitting arbitrary sales goals from the very beginning of the day to the very end of it. Store managers are just under as much pressure as you are to go "above and beyond" in customer service, but, most importantly, sales metrics.
Upper management is full of old school sales dogs who only care about the bottom dollar. Expect to be misled as to your advancement opportunities if it means you can be squeezed for a few more months as a producer.
If you can be OK with the pervasive sales-focused culture, you will thrive here. At the end of the day, you are always truly given the opportunity and tools to actually help people - it's just easier not to do that and instead treat customers as piggy banks.
Pros
Very few. 401k match is good, vesting is generous past 3 years.
Cons
Sales, sales, sales. Little opportunity outside of sales/commission focused positions.
Huge company with plenty of advancement opportunity
Home Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 12, 2017
As an HMC I was generally responsible for sourcing new mortgage applications for purchase and refinance loans. Company has outstanding internal lead generation. Local management was great to work with and very supportive. Overall company initiatives can get a bit diverse and overwhelming. Hardest part of the job was overcoming previous negative reputation in market. Most enjoyable part of job was assisting clients with homeownership.
Pros
Internal leads, advancement opportunity, good health benefits
Cons
Sometimes "too large", overwhelming emphasis on company initiatives
Great place to work if you have the right management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 19, 2017
This is a truly great company to work for. They have very competitive pay and if you're willing to put in the work you can move up very quickly. They have great benefits, even if you're only part time, PTO, Insurance, team member accounts. I faced some issues with management and the way they ran their staff but that can be said about almost any company. After the sales lawsuit the company truly changed for the better. They are focusing on the most important thing in business, the customer.
Pros
several breaks and good lunch times, competitive pay, great benefits
Cons
Management isn't always consistent
The grind
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houghton, MIDecember 27, 2016
A typical day was dealing with customers and transactions with their accounts. I learned that there are places where no matter how hard you try that a small mistake will always count for more than one hundred successes.
The management team was terrible, but it I believe was just this store.
Coworkers were not friendly, not kind, and harassment occurred on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job was actually being able to show up and maintain a positive attitude for the customers, due to poor work environment.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the competitive pay and wonderful benefits.
Great Company- Recently Employees Led Astray
Various Investment positions to Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA, Lodi, CA and Pismo Beach, CAJanuary 10, 2017
In depth of capabilities and breadth of opportunities, an absolutely world class institution. My career has seen the highs and (through the recent period) the lows where retail management lost site of managing people versus numbers. The tide is turning back to the heights previously warranted and Wells Fargo continues to be a great place to begin and advance into a career.
Pros
Wide ranging opportunities, very good benefits, nationwide
Cons
BIG company that is recovering from management errors.
Home Loan Specialist
Home Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 19, 2016
If you work hard the incentive can be great. BUT the upper management won't even care about you. This company is all for profit maximization and employees happiness is not even on the list. They use carrot and stick method to manage their employees. If you are performing they'll leave you alone and if you are not, then you are going to be on the black list. This means you will be laid off in March.

Overall not a great company to work for and not a great culture either . It is just good enough to pay the bills.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Too many to list
Good pay and benefits with difficult sales goals and sales culture
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I worked as a sales banker in the the phone bank. A typical day involved answering the phone and selling customers as many products as possible. The more experienced and successful bankers like myself trained new employees. The bank really cared nothing for it's employees or customers. They only wanted to make as much money as possible. There was really no room for advancement.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible sales culture and management
Worked independently as a Mortgage Originator
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
My position was a Mortgage Loan Originator. My salary was base plus commission thus I could make as mush as I wanted depending on me. If I didn't work hard my income was low but that was no ones fault but my own. Job security was great because I enjoyed what I did. Job culture was great because I enjoyed getting out and meeting new people.
Pros
Income potential and meeting new people
Exhausting and miserable
Wealth High Value Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 10, 2017
Unless you are a top level executive, this place will slowly suffocate you. Between the crazy demands on your time (minimum 7-10 hours of overtime weekly for 2 solid years), the overwhelming emphasis on sales and being repeatedly used as a stepping stone to advance others into the promotions, I had nothing left.

My immediate supervisor was great, but all of his peers were either incompetent or spineless.

Management thought sticker charts were an appropriate way to reward/recognize achievement.

Additionally, they advertise flexible schedules as an employment 'perk' which is an outright lie. My husband had a scheduling change from an early morning shift to an evening shift. As a result, he would no longer be able to pick up our preschooler. I asked for a change in my schedule so that I could pick him up instead, and they literally laughed in my face. That was the final insult for me.

On the other hand, if you enjoy being treated like an easily replaceable part in a huge, bloated, toxin-spewing machine, this may be the place for you.
Pros
huge, stable company
Cons
terrible benefits, high turnover, incompetant management
I was told to mind y own business when i reported a banker sending credit cards w/o cst. authorization
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 22, 2016
I was terminated because i didn't lock my desk. happens to be that i complained because my peers were signing up customer for credit cards without their knowledge, they came to me complaining and i had to cancel the account, when I informed my manager she said: "mind your own business and let leave the other banker alone", I was sad a manager would allow it but she was also getting credit because her branch was getting a lot of credit cards and she was looking good. shortly after that i notice when i went to lunch my desk was open, then i was terminated with a letter that said "failed to adhere to cash management policy.
later after that i read on the LA times the type of culture Wells Fargo and in all USA doing the same scam
Fast pace environment
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 24, 2016
-Responsible for ensuring compliance with all daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly bank policies and procedures and federal and state regulations.

-Responsible for effective scheduling, managing the Teller line, lobby management, and delegating tasks to ensure operational integrity while creating positive customer experience.

-Most enjoyable part of the day was having the opportunity to help customers with their financial needs while building lifelong relationships.
Pros
benefits, career, paid time off
Cons
fickle securement
Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2016
A typical day at work involves team projects, processing and verifying.
Throughout my career I've learned the importance of being accountable, aware of commitments and communicating appropriately.My commitment to personal and professional excellence, team leadership, technical guidance, and keen ability to relate to all levels of customer service is a number one priority.
Management team is supportive and encourage teamwork and engaging in department deliverables.
The hardest part of the job is to sustain organizational deliverables while there is a continuous change in management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of individual contributions and engaging with coworkers.
Good place for Advancement if you have favor with Management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2017
They are an aggressive selling company. It's not about the employee, but how much sales you can help the company make off the Customer, but being that they are in the spotlight, they make it seem as if it's all about giving the customer good service and that's it. The benefits as well as the Diversity is Awesome. No matter how hard you work or how good of an employee you are, If management don't like you personally.. they would do what they can to terminate you or they will keep you in your current role until you decide to want more and leave the company and if you try for another department or Market they will tell that manager bad things to keep you from growing with the company.
Pros
Huge company
Cons
They don't care about they employees only how much sales you can get from a Cuatomer
Wells Fargo was a great place to work
Team Lead - Loan Modification Processing (Former Employee) –  boarder line of Tempe /PhoenixNovember 26, 2016
Wells Fargo was a great company to work for as well as great benefits. The management team was not really all that great. Reality
we all had a hard job trying to save homes across the USA i retired from the bank because after Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae loan mods program ended their was really no hope for home owners enough when you receive the documents their was no hope so for me i could not do it anymore.I will always love and appreciate my boss and all co-workers we all made a great team.Our day was very busy on the phones and working the loan mods. Management was very busy i assist a lot of work and keeping escalated calls down was my job.
The most enjoyable of the job was helping people save their homes.
Pros
Wells Fargo always had parties and appreciation awards for us
Cons
Phone calls coming in and some of the co-workers could not handle the calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.