10.4K reviews

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 10,227 reviews matching the search
Fast passed work place
Personal Banker/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2016
long hours, no overtime is allowed so your work the hours but not get paid for your work. very bad upper management. bad business culture they want you shove products down peoples throats.
Pros
pay for your licences
Cons
long hours without overtime
Fast paced and complex work place.
Store Manager 3 / A.V.P. (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 10, 2016
I am the first to arrive and the last to leave. Each day presents different challenges which is great to keep you on your toes. I have learned how to effectively and successfully manage a large number of people to reach and exceed goals. My co-workers are committed to doing quality work. The hardest part of the job stems from having the proper tools and staff to complete the assigned tasks. I enjoy helping our customers grow financially and seeing staff grow in their positions and careers.
Persisting unethical culture amidst many class action lawsuits
Phone Banker level II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 10, 2016
Unrealistic sales/referral goals pressures employees to mislead customers into needless products. The "training portal" is only for required compliance training, not for employee development. They expect you to sell products without knowledge or training, but culturally they preach the game of skirting your lack of knowledge and tricks to answering objections. I was achieved these goals for two years by increasing my product knowledge during lunch and breaks, and analyzing calls to hone my craft, but in January of 2015, they handed out a document for all employees sign, advertising it as a renewal to our commitment to meeting sales goals, but we later discovered, that we signed an agreement to a change in the definition of trackable sales, a sheisty way of increasing the goal by hiking the eligibility, further exacerbating the issue of unrealistic goals. For two years, I had achieved sales/referral numbers right way, but under the revised definitions that they tricked us into signing, I fell below goal. I refused to do anything unethical, but eventually, I refused to deal with the pressure to be unethical, so I left the company in a way that didn't leave their door open for future employment. I would never want to work for them again anyway.
Pros
benefits/bonus structure
Cons
Purposely understaffed not a chance in getting paid time off approved
A great place to work.
Research/Remediation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Every position I held was customer focus based. It is a great place to serve and assist customers from all over the United States.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hard to advance.
Horrible financial institution to deal with and work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Based on my many yeas of personal and professional dealings with this company, I will never recommend it to anybody who has a grain of brain.

Horrible management, horrible work environment, no future.

I would compare this company to BOA which in my mind is at the bottom of all scam on earth.
Productive work environment
See resume (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2016
Great workplace for the most part, I enjoyed my time with them. Good bonus structure in certain departments. Competitive salary, they take care of their employees, Pretty good work life balance depending on your manager. Overall good place to work.
Pros
great for security and benefits
Cons
need to pay closer attention to bad seeds in their employ.
A/P Reconciliation - Contractor
Contingent Labor A/P Analyst (Former Employee) –  CIC Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2016
This was a great position with a great team. Had the empowerment to complete tasks as needed with deadlines and objectives clearly communicated. Great location at CIC. The other contractor was amazing to work with and we're friends to this day! Would love to work for Wells again!
Pros
Got to wear jeans to work!!!
Cons
Security is serious and can take time to get in the parking lot in the morning.
Wells Fargo
Customer Service / Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 9, 2016
While at Wells Fargo, I trained new employees, took calls and answered eails fro customers and government agencies. Was an underwrtier for 6 months.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no training and no possibility to get proper training
Bad Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Management is not there to support you. They are there to intimidate and retaliate. Not what I thought it was. I went there for new job opportunity and growth potential but management gets away with intimidating employees and if you don't do what they want you get retaliation.
A business that acknowledges there employees.
Loan Documentation Representative III (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 8, 2016
To review contracts and confirm they are within government and state guidelines.
Learned that accuracy and focus are very important.
Management was always there to answer questions.
Co-workers were always fun to be around.
Hardest part of the job was working late hours at the end of the month.
Most enjoyable part was achieving corporate goals.
Pros
When working weekends they would buy us lunch.
Cons
The long drive in to the office.
Good Place to Work
Banking Industry Project Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2016
People are friendly and relaxed. The work is challenging and your work is valued. This company has an excellent reputation and will continue to grown and thrive.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
Management out of sync with project deliverables
IT Project Manager - Wells Fargo Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2016
Business management and technical management were on different pages. Did not share the same devlierables and timeline,
Fun work place with ping pong table
Linux Systems Patcher/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 8, 2016
It is really nice to work with WF and other team members. Manager and team lead all helpful during critical situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is our meetings. We have liberty to ask and say anything which concern our team.
fun and energetic
Certified bilingual representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50266February 8, 2016
Would work with credit cards and sell additional products to customers. learned how to sell more vigorously and also learned more about credit cards. The management was really good there and they always had a great and positive attitude. The team member there were always helpful and positive. The only hard part of the job was just sitting down all 8 hours nothing to hard about this job. The easiest was helping the customer and selling the products.
Pros
Great work for entry level, Positive environment
Cons
Sitting down not much movement
Fast paced and customer focused environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 7, 2016
The most enjoyable aspect of working for Wells Fargo is being able to interact with a diverse customer base, while building strong costumer relationships.
Easy work, difficult atmosphere at times
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be running deposits, cashing checks, withdrawals, and basic customer service. I learned about financial products Wells Fargo offers, and how to sell them to customers. Management was okay, the people in my branch specifically were kind, but the policies and procedures they had to enforce weren't always done correctly. The hardest part of my job was the sales, tellers are required to get at least two 'solutions' (aka sales) per day. That was the only way to get your quarterly bonus, and if you didn't get at least the minimum amount, you wouldn't get a bonus. The most enjoyable part of my job was making customers happy by just being genuine and friendly, courtesy is one of Wells Fargo's key words they use and it's even displayed in their branches.
Pros
easy work
Cons
sales pressure, immature team members, disgruntled customers
Good Employer
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 6, 2016
very caring management and family / friendly atmosphere. Learned a great deal from my colleagues, would recommend this employer to anyone.
Career Opportunities
FINANCIAL CRIMES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2016
Great company to work for with opportunities to grow. Career advancement is available if you're willing to relocate. Opportunities will be limited if you're not willing to relocate.
Home Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 6, 2016
My day started reviewing and replying to emails, following up on loans in my pipeline and dialing in to call training activities or attending weekly meetings. I also had the pleasure of traveling to meet & greet real estate agents during their open house events. I learned how to products and programs for state specific guidelines. I enjoyed uniting with my teammates to compare notes and bounce ideas. There were challenges to putting an application in using a new system. But the toughest part of the job was letting a customer know they do not qualify for their dream home or financing was not approved.
Pros
Travel
Cons
system input
Wells Fargo
Quality Assurance Analyst Level IV (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Can be a good place to get experience. Overall not conducive to healthly life work balance. Can be toxic at times. Overall like most companies in the US.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
sweat shop mentality