Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 15,186 reviews matching the search
Great and positive environment
Loans Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 6, 2017
I loved working at Wells Fargo. The team leads and managers are very supportive. Working at Wells Fargo has taught me a lot of things I felt will not only help me at work but also in life. For example, how to empathize with customers because that was one thing that i had trouble with. The hardest part I felt about the job was the sales because if we didn't meet our sales goal it would affect keeping our position there, but overall I loved it there.
Great people
Premier Phone Banker (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNFebruary 28, 2017
A typical work day is just answering phones all day and providing customer service, I have learned to be patient with people, as well as how to help reduce risks for the company as well as the customers. Management is amazing at the phone bank but at the branch level I have experienced the worst. They don't treat you like people and they only care about themselves succeed and will throw you under the bus at a moments notice. Your coworkers will be nothing short of amazing and the company culture is something to be envied.
Pros
401k and PTO
Analyst
Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2017
Work was to first listen to soon quickly explain the job and you were suppose to learn it in 1 day. Learned nothing. Management was never there- never saw the person. Culture - weird like it is in Portland. Hardest part of the job - understanding why I was there. Most enjoyable: did sit with wire transfer team in customer service and they were so knowledgeable in their job they really were a joy to learn from in a few days.
Pros
Learned wire transfer system and proess
Cons
Job took a long time to learn their goal
The sales goals were ridiculous
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
It was great meeting new people from all over the world and building rapport with them. It was also a tight-knit, family oriented type of environment at the branch. However, the goals were merely unattainable at times. I enjoy a good challenge from time to time, but the goals there for the Bankers and tellers were unrealistic mostly. This company has been under much scrutiny as they have had several lawsuits from both customers as well as former employees.
busy and great enviorment
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 27, 2017
The branch I worked at was one of the top 3 busiest branches in san diego therefore, I was always kept busy. I was one of the newest members in my branch and I was the top teller with the most sales. Management was a little tricky because new managers were coming in and out so it became hard for us to get used to one. The hardest part of the job was trying to help a customer when they were limited on their time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting different people everyday and even building relationships with everyday customers.
Never Again
Senior Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAMarch 21, 2017
Wells is great for their banker training program, nothing more. You will learn a lot, but there are so many politics and false promises in this company that it is all drama and it makes you regret coming to work. They also allow anyone that can just sell become a manager, even if they have no idea how to actually manage people - so it makes every one else's lives miserable.
Pros
good worklife balance, okay compensation
Cons
company politics, drama, management, lack of mentoring structure
over all it was a learning experience at wells fargo which gave me plat form to know about consumer banking
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2017
The usual day starts with morning huddle followed by doing a follow up calls to customers served before.

Welcome and acknowledge customers all time,

Listening to their financial needs, owning customers issues, asking permission for financial reviews,
Opening up consumer and business accounts,
Working in partnership with fa (financial adviser) to reach the investment goal of high end clients.
Also parter with mortgage advisers to assist customers with mortgage, home equity loan.
Booking appointments on work calendar.
Achieving dailey sales and sevice goals.
Pros
401K PLAN
Cons
LACK OF INCENTIVES
Stay Away from "Community Banking" / Branches
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2017
The company as a whole is good. Good benefits, good PTO, etc. Work in a back office area. Don't work in a branch! You are a number. All they care about is what you have done that day or that hour. There is no loyalty. I have seen many long-time employees getting fired for tiny so-called infractions (infractions that were either made up or had no ill effects to the bank).
No advancement opportunities out of the branches. Once you are hired into community banking, you're stuck. No other departments will hire you, saying your experience is only in bank branches.
Pros
Pto, benefits, diversity inclusion
Cons
No work-life balance, no caring, very cold, you're a number
Overall good job, but not for everybody
Banker Connection (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210February 20, 2017
It's really not a job I personally would want to make a career out of, but it pays well, and if it suits someone well enough, there's enough positives to recommend it. It pays rather well for an entry level job, has nice benefits, and offers thorough training, at first. My biggest issue is just the call center environment in general, its not for me, so unless you enjoy it or can overlook the day-to-day mental stress of it, its easy to feel burned out from it.
Pros
Good training; nice payment/benefits; fair time-off scheduling;
Cons
Strict scheduling; very strict, business-first work environment;
What a company!!
Financial Crimes Specialist 4 UA (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 13, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Wells. There was ample opportunity to move up and the culture is great. The people are what make this company great.

Training was great as well as the resources available to aid in your day to day activities. The support for my position was awesome from the Quality coaches to my supervisors.

The only thing I think should be more uniform is what information is released to the employees from the supervisors varied greatly.
Unfriendly, poor management
Accountant (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 7, 2017
Very unfriendly environment, unwelcoming of new employees. Rude coworkers, poor management, poor training, no updated materials for training. Culture is very fake all documentation promotes inclusiveness and diversity. Wells fargo seemed to have very seperated cultures, the different ethnic groups seemed only to stay within their group, management does little to promote a team environment and inclusiveness within the team. Alot of favortism, unethical practices. Uncaring people, zombie type of people, no smiles, no greetings, no acknowledgement of others. Very uncomfortable place to work, not worth the benefits.
Liked it
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2017
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company headquartered in San Francisco, California, with "hubquarters" throughout the country. It is the world's largest bank by market capitalization and the third largest bank in the U.S. by assets. Wells Fargo is the second largest bank in deposits, home mortgage servicing, and debit cards.

Currently working on multiple projects with the Wells Fargo Advisors group in Wells Fargo. Projects involve updating process and systems to meet the DOL (Department of Labor) fiduciary guidelines. It includes providing new features and/or enhancements (web and mobile based) to Wells Fargo Advisory customers.
Productive and fun working place
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 19, 2017
The job requirements are listed in my resume along with what I did at Wells Fargo. I had a portfolio of over 1200 loans in various steps in foreclosure that I worked with counsel on and made sure that we were completing these steps in a timely manner that counsel was receiving all of the paperwork that they needed along with answering any questions. Met with counsel twice a month via phone to address any ongoing problems or issues in the pipeline.
Pros
Nice cafeteria at discount prices.
Cons
You have to help with writing up a review for yourself twice a year.
Great pay and benefits.
Research and Remediation Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 13, 2017
Ok place. Lots of pressure without great management or support. Expectations are set very high and training has progressively gotten worse over the years. I personally feel that the company is too large and has too many changes for anyone to truly feel comfortable in their role. Unfortunately, alot of the training is self study which doesnt really help in the real world. The management is familiar with processes and procedures however, the daily to dos, they have no clue about and really, i felt as though they couldnt actually assist me with my position or day to day duties.
Pros
pay, paid time off
Cons
very high expectations, no support, training not the best
Great company and department
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Residential Management Program is a great department at Wells Fargo. We focus on mitigating risks for customer and the bank by reviewing the attorney firms' process, billings and procedure. I've learned many valuable knowledge in details in foreclosures, loss mitigation, vendor management, and banking relationship systems. As firms starting to improve their performances based on the hard works of our auditors, the needs for auditing seems to be lessen.
Pros
Protecting customers best interest
Cons
Repetitive works after a while
Stressful work environment with managers only thinking about themselves.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Coworkers were amazing and direct reports were amazing. Immediate manager was awful. Blamed me for all of her shortcoming even though I did my job and hers without support from her because she was to busy calling HR to try to fire our staff even though we were already short staffed because of her. It seems that is the culture in the Houston market. I transferred from out of state and though it was stressful as well, at least you felt valued at work.
Pros
Great PTO, paid 16 week paternity/maternity leave after a year of employment
Cons
Branch management. Lots of pressure to do useless tasks since sales cannot be enforced any longer.
Excellent benefits and enjoyable workplace
ONLINE BANKING CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2017
I worked in Online banking, assisting customers with their online accounts. Online banking consisted of setting customers up to use online banking, and also helping them use their personal financial manager tools, such as Quicken, QuickBooks and Money. I assisted with online billpay using multiple platforms for delivering payments.The most enjoyable part of this job was learning the different ways to use online banking and billpay that would best suite each individual.
Pros
great benefits: PTO, 401K, heathcare and savings package
Numbers
Personal Banker II/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2017
I worked in the branch for a short period as a Personal Banker II. The culture there was one of product pushing as seen in the lawsuit that Wells was hit with in 2016. It was a difficult environment to work in unless you were willing to compromise your principles. I wasn't willing to do that, so I moved on.
Pros
large company with opportunities for advancement
Cons
too many to list - but the sales goals and opening of unauthorized accounts hurt employee morale
Company is fairly typical of the banking industry
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  columbia south carolinaFebruary 23, 2017
Company follows pretty much the standard practices of most big banks. The emphasis is now on sales rather than costumer satisfaction and while this can put it at odds with its employees sometimes it can also benefit employees who thrive is a sales driven environment. Employees have ready growth potential and advancement if they are able to perform in a sales driven environment.
Pros
readily available advancement, and standard hrs
Cons
too sales driven and lack of empathy for customers and employees
Fast paced, always changing environment
OPERATIONS II (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 27, 2017
I like to describe it as the office equivalent of a factory job. You are doing a lot of the same everyday and with limited interaction with coworkers unless you have a question. Very detail oriented, and the consequences for making a mistake can be lengthy.
Pros
Cool security badge, Cake on the 3rd Thursday of every month, Vending machines and free coffee
Cons
Unforgiving production tracker, Working on new processes with management, inconsistent guidelines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.