Wells Fargo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,002 reviews matching the search
Competitive among other retail banks
COMMUNITY BANKING DISTRICT MANAGER IV (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2016
I managed 10 banking centers with sales and profit responsibilities.

I learned how to grow the business simply by understanding the needs of the customers we serviced.

Management always recognized sales successes.

Coworkers generally would do a good job if given the necessary tools to do their job.

The hardest aspect of the job was during the decline of the banking industry.

The most enjoyable aspect was helping customers solve their needs.
Pros
Lattitude to run the business as if you were the owner
Cons
Negative scrutiny from media
Pretends to care
Personal Banker, Asst Mng Champ, Business Adv (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 29, 2016
Solution quotas that are unrealistic. Does not care about helping the customer and the most important thing is making a sale. Employees are looked at as replaceable tools.
Pros
nothing
Cons
illegal work ethics
Great place for career and benefits.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 28, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great place to learn and grow into a long term career in many fields of study.
The benefits package is unbeatable in our location and pay is marketable.
Pros
401K is up to 6% match
Cons
Lack of Leadership
Work day
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 28, 2016
I know what is expected of me to complete my job accurately. Great resources to learn job functions, compliance of banking and opportunity to learn office skills to promote my value to the bank.
In any job there are different personalities, but my co-workers are professional when it comes to their work ethics. The hardest part of my job is there is constant change in procedures but I am given ample time to update my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is able being given recognition with work accomplishments or birthday or anniversary with the bank.
great experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 28, 2016
always alert looking for customer business
perfect balance every shift
Verify special Items like checks and money order
Pros
bank benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
robery danger
Day to Day Schedule
Business Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2016
I get a request from my team to contact a business customer about their interest in a loan, line of credit, expanding their business relationship to help their business grow. I also assist with understanding their business, ownership, and what products and services will meet their unique need. It could be Treasury products, a new deposit account, payroll or merchant services. Most of my business customers already have an existing relationship with
Wells Fargo. I assist the business customer with any questions or concerns to deepen their relationship. I also meet with my partners and warm transfer the business customer to avoid any negative impact. I work with them from beginning to end,
Pros
working directly with business customers
Cons
No personal interaction, all done by email, fax and telephone
Awesome Company
Home Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2016
Great work environment I love how they focus on team building and making work a positive experience.
The work maybe tedious but the benefits are really good.
Very fast paced job with high pressure sales goals
Premier Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work is having the desire to help customers achieve financial success each and every day while maintaining sales goals and enjoy talking on the phone to people all over the world. Meeting other people was always exciting but Wells Fargo provided this opportunity through the phone bank which was incoming calls only. I learned lots about different cultures and ways to help customers over the phone as opposed to in person which presents challenges when you are trying to access the needs of an individual and not being able to see facial expressions or body language. I like my other co-workers and we always encouraged each other and challenged ourselves through team contests and company competitions. The hardest part of my job was to listen to the foul language that would come from a few customers but on the flip side the most rewarding part of my job was to hear the smiles through the phone from a customer who was so happy you helped them save their account from theft or simply lent them my ear to just listen. I learned it sometimes doesn't take much to reach a person when they need it the most and to also maintain great professional demeanor even though you can't see the other person on the line.
Pros
Bonuses and friendships
Cons
Foul language and micro-managing
Laid back environment. Poor management. Low thinking/ confused managers.
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 27, 2016
Very laid back environment allows for good work/life balance. Mangers looked like deer in headlight when it comes to critical decision making or problem solving.
Wells Fargo
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
Good Job stability once you are hired, however the pay could be more for all the stress and extra responsibilities each role entails.
Pros
Stability, Schedule
Cons
Pay
Learned so much and met and worked with great people
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2016
Wells Fargo is a awesome place to be. The opportunities and career paths are great and provide the information needed to succeed.
Good
Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 27, 2016
It's a good place to work; however I am commissioned based high pressure and can't make my monthly obligations. Management tries to help but is negative due to not making monthly goals.
Pros
beautiful office
Cons
Draws are so low you can't afford to work here
calls
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 26, 2016
A bunch of appointment setting and cold calling. Very micromanaging and all about sales. Yet a great opportunity for advancement if you like retail.
structured, sales driven company placing clients first
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 26, 2016
Wells Fargo brought tight structure and a firm day to day routine. Routine day brought many interactions with clients and an opportunity to assist them in their financial need.
Its being great working with Wells Fargo
Teller (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 26, 2016
Great place to work ,great people ,very professional environment,very helpful management . A real example of team oriented work place .
Pros
sometimes pizza in lunches and potlucks.
Cons
short brakes
Development Opportunites
Home Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2016
My experience with Wells Fargo has given me the ability to adapt to changes and opportunities to grow. I have been through two mergers. I first started with World Savings in the Record Department and then Quality Control. We then merged to Wachovia and I started to work in Customer Service. I grew my working experiences to the Collateral Department. After about 14 years in Loan Service I decided to take the challenge and switch to the Mortgage side and recently started working in the Home Preservation Department in Bankruptcy. My role was to assist customers in trying to get approved for a Loan Modification and gather documents to build a file for review. I closely worked with Underwriters who would be reviewing the file to determine a decision if the customer would qualify for a modification. Typically its about a 30 day process. What I love about this job is being able to help my customers keep their home with a new modified mortgage plan if they get approved. Of course the hardest part is if they are not approved having to give them a denial call. I never like to end my call with the customer feeling hopeless so we do try to discuss other opportunities to help the customer. I have awesome co workers that work together as a TEAM. If anyone is out for the day we come together to get their tasks and calls completed. Management is strong. Never had I felt helpless or unappreciated. I have learned that mortgaging is not easy and it is a challenge but our GOAL is to strive for our customers to be comfortable and VALUED.
Pros
Alot of Team Building. Pot Lucks
Cons
No overtime. No Bonus
n/a
Consumer Loan Mediation Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2016
A good company to work for. Very friendly team members and surroundings. Managers are easy to work with also. Always a lot to learn and changing environment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very productive work place.
Bankruptcy Review QA Researcher/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALJuly 26, 2016
Excellent company. Great benefits and opportunities. Fast paced production environment. Able to grow with company and advance as abilities are recognized.
PC Refresh Tech
PC Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 26, 2016
Love this place, great working environment to be. People are friendly. Upgraded 100 pc and configure to make sure everybody had the same information that was on their old pc.
Diversity & Inclusion
Business Process Analyst /Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 26, 2016
This company works hard at making an effort to reflect the communities where they live and work. They have a strong commitment to social responsibility and giving back to their community.