Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 16,022 reviews matching the search
You make the best of it
Regional Collections Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 21, 2017
It's very hard to move up within the department you are in with Wells. The only reason I moved up was because someone passed away in another office that was closer to my former supervisors home. I went for the position before and got declined although I did the work. Wells is very concerned with legal backlash to the point it henders management from actually doing their jobs in regards to proper corrective actions to be able to run an office that's successful and fair. I loved the people I worked with, but Corporate needs work.
Pros
My peers really cared for me
Cons
Corporate loopholes
Bad Leadership
Securities Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 21, 2017
Promotion is not given out on merit, rather if you're in the club. Management is a disaster, and because of this turnover is very high. There is no incentive to go "above and beyond" because only the chosen favorites receive any credit for anything that goes right.
laserbright
Sales Leader and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2017
great place to work for . i enjoyed it a lot. i traveled and excelled greatly. this was a fun and fast paced environment to work in. i would recommend this job to anyone who had sales experience.
Pros
fun and promotions come fast
Cons
traveled alot
Unethical
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2017
Again it's been a long time since i have worked here however it was very hard to go home every night knowing i was peddling products to consumers that didn't need them. Sales practices highly unethical and upper management put too much pressure on employees to follow these practices. I hope it's changed.
Good company but...
Kforce - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
Company is good but the communication isn't good. Support isn't best based on the structure of the environment. Difficult to communicate with overseas contractors.
Pleasant Mortgage Professional facing job
REGIONAL PURCHASE CLEARING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2017
As a Regional Purchase Clearing Specialist I would work with lenders of mortgage companies in the secondary market. If there were any defects with the loan submitted I would work with the lenders to resolve.
Pros
Worked with other mortgage professionals
Cons
Repeatitive
Great co workers and opportunities for raises
Credit Card Collector/Payment Specialist/Mentor (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 20, 2017
Great environment with wonderful incentives. My supervisor has always done a wonderful job of helping my every need. Always flexible with my personal schedule. Accepting of the person I am
Pros
incentives
Cons
long time on phones with limited breaks
Great Place but very political
Personal Banker II/Brokerage Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2017
Great Place but very political. Would recommend to a friend or family to work. work life balance is good. one of the best banks to work for, when it comes to culture. Pay at other places are more competitive.
Work place
Teller (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMay 20, 2017
Wells Fargo is a good place to work, just have to find what youre best at inside your branch. Pretty easy to move up but it depends on how you start plus where you start, just stay focused.
Productive, enjoyable and an everyday learning experience.
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Banker) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2017
Wells Fargo is a fun company to work at, and i say this because positive relationships you gather along with your team.

Wells has one of the best training programs that teach you how to talk to customers, how to present a product or service and even how to turn a negative relationship into a positive one. However, it is a little bit different than other banks. Due to the scandal that recently happened, products and services do not have to be pushed towards customers anymore. Therefore there is no pressure, and we can really focus on what our customers really need, which is what makes Wells Fargo an enjoyable workplace.
Great Work Place
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 20, 2017
Wells Fargo offers great benefits and hours. The supervisors are a great support system and they have a great community and diversity overall, my experience with Wells Fargo was great.
Operations
Operations Processor 3 (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 20, 2017
Wells Fargo has a lot of opportunities for growth and development. I have grown a lot in my role by managers allowing me to run with my own projects. I started out as a temp, then became a full timer. I now provide significant support to managers on a regular basis.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Lots of hoops to go through when making changes
work place culture was currupted
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMay 20, 2017
the branch level was corrupted to do high management goals. Did not provide support to team. Their was no work life balance. Pay was not great. Sales go was too high.
convenient location, lack of promotional opportunities, poor management
Senior Collateral Loan Obligations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 20, 2017
For such a large company and successful profit margin, they seem very conservative in investing money into applications and systems that could speed up the efficiency of its analysts to be competitive. the culture is very clicky, meaning if you are friends with the right people then job success will not happen. Overall I will not recommend working for this company. The management does not have priorities in line and are more concerned about cutting corners rather than investing in the success and happiness of their team.
banking
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 19, 2017
When working with folks money you get the best of people. When I worked for Wells Fargo they had HUGE sales goals that forced their employees to lie, cheat, and steal from people to get to those goals and if you didn't you were punished... I have a high level of integritiy i like to think, and it was VERY difficult to move up and once I did I had to leave as fast as possible before i was fired for not meeting unachievable weekly and daily goals.
Pros
good hours.
Cons
sales requirements, that leads to bout all the problems they had
A great place to work
Mortgage Processor 3 (SAFE) (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 19, 2017
Wells Fargo has given me the skills to enhance my present and future career. I enjoy my work and the people I work with. Wells Fargo has been a home away from home. I hope to retire from here someday.
Stressed out and to be honest was not always the best
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 19, 2017
Sales, Sales, Sales was what I remember. Managers often had to go through multiple sales meetings daily. Often times, managers would relay the information that was provided to them down to the Personal Bankers.
Pros
Training
Cons
No Work Life Balance
Politics
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 19, 2017
It's who you know and how you can play managers to favor you. Being effective and exceed performance is not enough. They do not value higher education degrees. Mediocre pay.
Pros
Co-worker support and medical benefits.
Cons
Management, work culture, unethical
Mortgage Experience
Temporary Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with Wells Fargo for I was able to obtain experience with assisting customers but everyday people with their home mortgage payments. I was not only focused in collecting over due payments, but I was mostly focused on ways to assist the customers with their hardships to remain them within their homes.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, commute, and overtime
Cons
Pay
Wells Fargo
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2017
Job/Life Balance is good. Workplace culture is solid. Work assignments are balanced. You always know what is expected of you. I would recommend this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.