Wells Fargo
7,925 reviews

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

Sales Focused
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2015
Wells Fargo is a very reputable company to work for. The company is focused on assisting clients with all their financial needs.
Great Place to Work, Great benefits
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: descent pay, great benefits, family environment
Cons: management, sales goals
Wells Fargo is a great place to work. Very family like. The sales goals are tough but attainable. Management was good at one point. The health benefits are AMAZING! The best I'd ever seen. The 401k plan is great as well. The only reason I left was because of irreconcilable differences between the staff and I.
ok
Loan Service Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 3, 2015
its a decent place. sometimes busy. hardest part was coming not knowing a lot and not having a decent training time set out to learn the process.
great benefits, overall a great company to work for
Sr Loan Processor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: no overtime
A typical day would be: pulling pipeline report, prioritizing loans, updating loan officers and management, work files in order of close date/rate lock date, update customers, submit conditions to underwriting, get files clear to close with the 25 day requirement
Productivity and production are very impressive.
Loan Docs Specialist III - Renovation (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 3, 2015
Wells Fargo is a good company that offers potential growth. It treats customers very wells, its customers really appreciate the service that Wells Fargo provides, also provides excellent customer services in mortgage loans. I like the working culture and environment at Wells Fargo.
Hope you get a good team
Home Loan Processor 4 (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: lots of coperate discounts
Cons: management needs to listen to employees a little more
I loved my position at Wells, the office I was fortunate enough to work out of was great, my processing team only consisted of 6 people myself included however we were all great at what we did, and we all got along great. The brach we processed out of was amazing, all of the sales consultants were super knowledgeable and didn't hesitate to hop in and help anyway that they could. The only complaint that I have is management did not seem to be on the same page as the rest of the employee's. I understand that the company is about bottom dollar or in this case profit share for chair holders however at some point you are going to have to listen to your employee's before your employees are all gone.

All in all this is a pretty good job to have, job security is tough because its the mortgage industry we are talking about and rates could peak or spike at anytime but all in all a good place to work.
Fun place to work if the environment is right.
Teller (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: trainingand opportunities
Cons: working 5 hours and 45 minute without a break.
Meeting your goals every quarter push me to go the extra mile to make sure i help me clients succeed financially. I enjoyed working and meeting new people. With my personality it wasn't a problem with my manager. I have improved in a lot of ways, my communication skills, building that long term relationship and knowing how to talk to my clients.
productive work place, where we had job outings
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: you can move around within the company
Cons: no advancement
reviewed and corrected closed home loans, co-workers very knowledgeable if you have a question and so was the managers, the hardest part of my job was to customers to sign documents on closed loans
Nice company to work for
- Full time teller (Former Employee), Cary, NCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great customers
Cons: management, human resources, upper management would not listen to employees
Typical day at work started at 815 and ended around 530. We would get the branch ready for opening, process transactions from night drop, do buy/sells to make sure we had enough cash/coins. We would process all customer transactions. Balance our drawers at the end of the day and do all closing procedures. I had the best coworkers a person could ask for. The hardest part of the job was transferring to NC from Fl and getting used to the different rules for the same company. I enjoyed every aspect of my job as a teller, I loved the interactions with my customers. I learned a lot about the products that Wells Fargo offered. I was not impressed with the management team at the branch that I worked at. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customers.
great pay and nice hours
Consumer Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: no job security in rochester, management
It was a nice place to work until you found out the management team is lackluster at best (does not include everyone). The site manager was disconnected from the "Laymen." Also if you want to get hired for no reason and laid off less than a year later, by all mean join
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong table
.NET/Web developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
Every Day in this company was an Opportunity to learn. this company is awesome. and It was great days of My life. I am very much thankful.
collection of past due auto loans 30+ days
Collects account manager (Former Employee), Tempe azMarch 3, 2015
Pros: monthly bonuses when goals met
Cons: very repetitive
Basic cubicle office job. Atmosphere was pretty fun, especially for the fact that it was a call center. Only downside was that was the same routine month in and month out. unfortunately management changed a lot towards the end of the time i was there. Compensations where cut and many employees where laid off. But overall not a bad jo if you don't mind working in a cubicle.
very productive
Banker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: meet great customers
Cons: stressfull at times
Provide excellent customer service. Going out of my way to please the customers. Building long lasting relationship with customers and small business owners. Uncover financial solutions for clients. Assist business turnover rate by giving their employees benefits and financial solutions. Assist the teller line when short staff or needed.
Productive Work Place
Licensed Premier Banker2 (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: no room to grow
• Gain new business through outbound calls, in-person and partner referrals
• Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Exceed challenging sales and referral goals
• Proactively sold products and services to customers and referred customers to other departments within the bank
• Manage customer portfolios, services relationships and cross-sells of all products and services
• Provide broad base of financial and credit services
• Develope and maintained relationships with Wells Fargo partners to maximize sales opportunities and achieve maximum sales standards
• Use profiling analysis tools to identify cross sell opportunities
Productive and challenging work to keep and thrive in but at the end of the day, it was rewarding
Teller/Lead Teller (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great sales incentives
Cons: too much pressure and sales driven
A typical work day included getting the branch ready to open, processing customers transactions and handling their complaints and cross selling products.
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 2, 2015
I only worked as a temporary position but there was a lot of room for growth with the company. It was data entry so it was not that exciting but there was a good salary.
great place to work
Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2015
learned a lot working for wells fargo for 3 years. exceptionally hardworking and helpful team, the company helped me grow professionally
Teller pressure?
Teller (Current Employee), ConnecticutMarch 2, 2015
Lets just say unless you can sell you will hate your life. Very unethical job. You must make sales or you will get written up.
Good
Teller/ Sales associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 2, 2015
My days in customer service for Wells Fargo were great. I loved problem solving for customers. The leadership was awesome. Their were constant challenges. I like challenges.
A great degree of division of labor
Loan Documents Specialist (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the break rooms are comfortable and most of the people are nice.
Cons: poor job satisfaction due to management's policies.
Wells Fargo likes to spread out their work load to the extent that many employees see very little variety in the types of processes they perform. This results in higher production but also in people with limited skillsets. The repetition of work from day to day results in poor job satisfaction and eventual burnout. Also, they keep a close eye on workers' time spent at work vs break. The phone system is used to "clock in" & "clock out" for breaks and end of shifts. This demonstrates that they have no faith in their workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more