Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 18,442 reviews matching the search
Pros & Cons
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Pros:
Zero customer service
15% Differential (depending on shift)
Can listen to music while working (ipod/mp3)
Nice, friendly coworkers (most of them)

Cons:
Open ended shifts=mandatory overtime
Recent changes dictate you notify your supervisor any time you step away from your desk (even to use the bathroom)
Production standards can cause one to feel pressured
HIGH turn over rate
No training provided
No consecutive days off
Expect to work most holidays
Wells Fargo
Teller (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 23, 2017
Wells Fargo is a good company. I met a lot of wonderful people that I still call friends. The advantage of working at a bank is all the financial information that you learn. Different account from savings, checking, IRAs, CD's, etc. There was always room to grow if you wanted to. The part about the job that I didn't like is how competitive it was. We always had to try to sell customers credit cards, checking accounts, loans, and many more. I don't believe in talking someone into something they don't need just to make a commission off of it.
Wells Fargo has great benefits and many perks to being an employee.
Pros
Sucessful Company
Cons
Sales job
Lots of favoritism!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNSeptember 22, 2017
From my personal experience, if a manager personally doesn't like you or have any type of jealousy towards you, they WILL find a way to get you fired. They will come up with lies that make it impossible to explain or defend yourself with the "internal investigators" (who are also @$$h0les and always side with management). Morale at Wells Fargo does not exist. They screwed me out of getting unemployment due to their lies, and have no remorse for their behavior. No work/life balance if you don't have kids. I've also canceled my bank account with them. I want nothing to do with Wells Fargo.
Pros
Decent pay and health benefits
Cons
Everything else
It was in over all good expereince
Teller/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work was busy but balance.
Learn many sercurty precedes from management.
Hardest is keeping all customer satiesfied.
The most enjoyable part is when you get an aword for a job well done.
Great work place but poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92408September 22, 2017
Amazing workplace not including the poor management and lack of communication but that is very common in a call center environment. Paid training, with great customer interaction program that includes treats and fun activities for the learning experience.
Pros
Pot lucks, 1 hour lunches, treats and fun training experinces
Cons
poor management and communication
Overall a great place to work with fantastic benefits.
Customer Service Representative and Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 22, 2017
I found great benefits at Wells Fargo. Receiving bonuses and awards for sales was always a great motivator for performance. Work environment is fast-paced and always interactive with clientele. Processing times and getting leads for new customer products was always easily found within the scope of our systems.
Pros
great work hours, no evenings, occasional weekend shifts, learn a lot about the cost of doing business
Cons
stress can be overwelming, but relief comes with diligent work performance
See Resume
Collection Dept. Assistant- (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2017
See Resume. Typical day at work heavy phones. I learned to be patient with customers. Management was a little weak not much direction. Work culture was not very driven. Most hardest part of my job is not working to my fullest potential. I enjoyed helping stressed clients on the phone and making them feel at ease with their concerns.
Fast-paced environment
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2017
High-pressured sales if you are any kind of Sales Associate. You are pressured to up-sell to keep your job-even if the customer is not interested in any other products and services when they call about their account. Stressful
This is a busy place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTSeptember 22, 2017
Because I was customer service I had a lot to do with a lot of different people however this job was discontinued as it not needed job at Wells Fargo home mortgage
friendly work enviornment
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2017
a typical day is answering phones assisting customers with banking needs i learned how to assist customers with financial needs management was very caring and understanding of the employees workplace culture was very helpful and resourceful the hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers the most enjoyable part was being able to help
Pros
free breaks
Cons
angry customers
Contracted Position at Wells Fargo
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2017
I worked from home for this position which was extremely convenient for me. My manager was excellent at helping you achieve a good work and home life balance. I was challenged by working with different teams and coordinating their efforts to accomplish projects in a timely manner.
Pros
Excellent life balance
Cons
Short term contract
Wells Fargo
Research and Remediation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2017
I have worked for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and have loved my time here. Wells Fargo has created a diverse culture and is a flexible employer that understands people have lives outside of work and help to support the needs of their employees. WF provides a competitive benefits package with a matching 401k and includes medical, dental and vision
Bank Environment
Senior Accountant III (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, caSeptember 22, 2017
The different systems and how everyone handles themselves within a bank.
Additionally, what I have learned is the different regulations that banks need to follow in the industry.
Pros
free quarterly lunches
Cons
long work days
Fast Paced
Mortgage Loan Officer/Underwriter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2017
Great career advancement but do not promote hard working people. Managers only care about numbers since they like to compete with other teams. Very numbers driven.
Pros
Reputable
Cons
Low pay, employee just a number
Work hard and you will advance
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 22, 2017
I started as a PT teller and worked my way up to a PB1. There is room for growth in this company especially if you work hard and make it known to management that you are looking to excel. The company has made a lot of changes in the past two years in an effort to restore customers trust and for that I am thankful to be apart of such a great company.
Pros
Growth, Work Culture
Cons
Moved around a lot, Have to wait a year before you can apply to another position
very productive and fun place to work
Phone Banker 2 (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Wells Fargo is a very good place to work. All that is required is to follow rules & regulations. Management has room for improvement. There are too many conflicts of interest there.
Bureacratic
Vice President - Special Situations Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
The firm is very slow to act and react to information. Lots of focus on process and procedures. Takes the fun out of working. Group think is the modus operandi.
Fun, never boring, love my co workers, flexible hours when needed
Technical Project Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I help people when they are not able to work due to a hardware malfunction. I help managers coordinate projects to make sure that the equipment is on site on time for Wells Fargo employees. My office if very laid back. If I have to spend 8 plus hours at an office, this would be it. The hardest part of the job is getting people to realize what we do is not as simple as ordering a pizza. You cannot place your order and expect it in 30 minutes. The best part of my job is the people I work with in my office and my coworker around the country.
Pros
Company buys lunch every so often, flexible schedule when needed, manager does not micro manage
Cons
we don't do team builders, we are not involved with the other departments when it comes to company functions or volunteer work
Something new and exciting daily
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 21, 2017
A typical day at Wells Fargo starts with an amazing burst of different clients coming in. Doesn't matter if they are old or young, you get to see all types of problems and get to think of how you would fix the problem. Wells Fargo gives you the empowerment to make your own decisions.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Favorites with management
poor management. goals unreachable
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87109September 21, 2017
management would come in drunk and trying to cover it up by eating pickles. wells fargo was always more concerned about getting more referral and more money for themselves, than the customer. ill never go back, i only refer people who like the goal crazed environment.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
goals were unreachable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.