Wells Fargo
8,086 reviews

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

Stress
Home Preservation Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield ilMarch 25, 2015
this was most stressful job i had, they pressure you daily with new guidelines as well as deadlines. The phone process is always changing they monitor the phones and grade you on how you talk what you say.
Fun workplace with growth opportunities.
Lead Teller (Former Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 25, 2015
Working at wells fargo was one of the best experiences I ever had. Not only were they all like a family to me but the company also provided great learning activities and advancement opportunities. Even the customers became a family to me as well. You get to meet new people, learn new things everyday, help others, and compete in a very enjoyable way for the sales. I gained most of my knowledge in this specific job: opening and closing procedures, receiving and sending shipment, balancing individual box and vault, giving overrides for specific situations, sales, learning the products thoroughly, working as a team, to effectively assist customers and gain their trust, etc...
n/a
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
n
a typical work day
what you learned management your co workers the hardest part of the day the most enjoyable part of the day
a typical day at work
what you learned
Prepare to work hard
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Stable company to work for
Cons: Pay is low
Prepare for a lot of hard work with low pay. Working at the capacity is like working on a conveyor belt. Expect to be constantly busy. Management uses a scoring system to review your productivity.
A Day At Wells
Banker/ Teller (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 25, 2015
At Wells Fargo you meet alot of customers, not everyone is interested in banking there but after they get a taste of the customer service they definitely leave considering it. The work environment varies from branch to branch it all depends on the team you end up with. A day at work includes talking to many people, opening and closing accounts, dealing with service issues, handling withdrawals and deposits, typing up reports, issuing credit and loans.
Fun and exciting place of employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Salem, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch, independent work, great management, calm work environment
Cons: No benefits, not being able to fully assist customers, lack of communication due to accents and or origin
A typical day at work consisted of coming in getting ready getting on the phones and helping customers with their banking needs and referring them to other departments to better assist them with their accounts.
I learned how Wells Fargo bank runs and operates and all of the knowledge needed to maintain and assist customers with their accounts through telephone.
The management was always there to help whenever i needed them, they were helpful in furthering my learning after training.
I did not work directly with co workers but i did makes friends and get along with my fellow co workers.
The hardest part of this job was pressuring customers into a referral, meaning when a distraught customer would call in because of a specific issue i would have to offer them something further and some people did not appreciate that, they wanted their problem fixed and nothing more.
Helping customers with their banking needs and informing them of other options to better their banking was the most enjoyable part of my job there as a customer service representative.
funa enviroment and great benefits
Teller (Current Employee), Tomball, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: nice environment, t laid back managers
Cons: sales! no 15 min breaks
its a great place to work just high in sales make is hard it stresses you out aside from that i love it!I wish hours were not that late as well
sales
Assistant manager/Business Champion (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
A lot of sales to do. Everyday you have to meet a certain goal. It is up to you t complete and finish. Good bonuses though. You have to meet a certain requirement monthly as well.
Solid Company
Senior Audit Leader / Internal Audit Contractor (Current Employee), San AntonioMarch 24, 2015
Wells Fargo does take care of their valued employees. Considering my day to day responsibilities with federal consent orders, which my job title doesn't fit the responsibilities, has been fun to work and the projects have been interesting because each one is different. My current position has offered great team work projects along with independent review / testing projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge.
Undervalued
Teller (Current Employee), Marshall, MNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Make good friends who are on the same level as you.
Cons: Undervalued, all about sales, easy to mess up.
The job is okay.. You are asked to do many sales a day. Once you have accomplished those goals, you are not rewarded or told you are doing a great job. It starts all over the next day. Reaching goals are difficult to reach depending on the area you are in. Management changes every few months. It gets very aggravating since goals are changed along with the management. You are undervalued unless you look like what Wells Fargo wants you to look like.
Expectations
Collector II (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 24, 2015
Typical day: assisting mortgagors in curing their delinquencies and avoid foreclosure;
Learned: that there are not enough programs for delinquent mortgagors
Management:
Co-workers: concerned about the customers of Wells Fargo
Hardest part of the job: when dollars collected was not met at the end of the month.
Most enjoyable: helping the mortgagor keep their home
ok
teller (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIMarch 24, 2015
high sales goals
constants critiquing of conversations with customers
no room to grow
high employee turn around
employees don't leave jobs they leave managers
wells
Store Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: work life balance
work life balance is difficult due to the demands of the upper management. great environment when not dealing with sales.
wack job
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 24, 2015
horrible hours and no job advancement that's why they always hiring. nothing against them and who works there but its just not a stable job
Not great in the insurance area
Financial Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix AZMarch 24, 2015
Have kids in management that have no idea how to lead but are very good at wearing short skirts and sitting on male co-workers desk.
Fun place
Collections/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 24, 2015
I worked back when it was Cingular Wireless that turned into ATT wireless. The Cingular wireless days were great. When ATT took over, a lot more rules and stipulations applied.
Sales Driven Company
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMarch 23, 2015
Typical day: Required to open and close store daily.
What I learned: Every customer has a different scenario.
Management: Micro-management.
Co-workers: will do anything to sell.
Hardest part of the job: keeping pace of sales quota.
Most enjoyable part of job: best day of the job is going home after a great sales day.
Great Place to Work and build a career
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 23, 2015
i work as much as I want from wherever I want. Very supportive manager and team. Only part is we could use more staff to process loans.
It's a tough Job
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 23, 2015
Honestly, I couldn't handle it. Getting berated by people every day over the phones is not something I truly care for. I've worked in customer service since I was 14 and yeah, people don't know how to treat one another but at the same time I never had it worse than when I was there. Before I quit I went to everyone I could and asked how do I get through this. Unfrotnualty they all just told me to suck it up and told me some of the things people have ever told them, which didn't help.
But the money is good and the bonuses are good, if you can meet their demanding sales. So if you're in it for the money, more power to you, but I want the money and I like to actually help people.
For me, I was there for six months and didn't feel like I helped a single person. That's the experience I had, but maybe it can be different for you.
For me, my first hint that it might not be a good thing was during training where they told us no matter how berating the customer is being we had to stay on the phone. But, for their employees in the branches who get paid the same amount, who are also Wells Fargo, if they had someone acting like that security would escort them out...
So if we're all one company why do we get treated differently because ones face to face and one is over the phone? Food for thought, isn't...?
Do not be correct overall
CISCO ROUTER FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), North Calif. Seattle and portland plus Los AngelesMarch 23, 2015
Pros: reviews
Cons: reviews
its been very long time, where people staff left and went to work for Broadcom.

No one was there to work, time was different and my reviews are not that recent, Newspaper is good place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more

Wells Fargo Salaries