Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 13,892 reviews matching the search
Modest pay, not competitive, high sales pressure
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 12, 2016
Expect your work days to be focused around hitting arbitrary sales goals from the very beginning of the day to the very end of it. Store managers are just under as much pressure as you are to go "above and beyond" in customer service, but, most importantly, sales metrics.
Upper management is full of old school sales dogs who only care about the bottom dollar. Expect to be misled as to your advancement opportunities if it means you can be squeezed for a few more months as a producer.
If you can be OK with the pervasive sales-focused culture, you will thrive here. At the end of the day, you are always truly given the opportunity and tools to actually help people - it's just easier not to do that and instead treat customers as piggy banks.
Pros
Very few. 401k match is good, vesting is generous past 3 years.
Cons
Sales, sales, sales. Little opportunity outside of sales/commission focused positions.
Too many hours with no chance of advancement
Operations Clerk/ Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2016
I work in the cash vault and when I say work, I mean I live there. First shift is working 45 hrs or more a week while 2nd shift gets to go home early. No communication between management and employees. Each Manager has a different definition of team work. Work directors yell at you in front of other team members about private matters instead of pulling you aside and being professional.
Annual raise is a joke. You're lucky if you get 10 cents. That's after working there for 5 years.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
short lunchs, poor management, work/life balance
Great Family feeling with other employees
Corp HR CSR (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 29, 2016
Employees get along great, but some mid-level management bring their personal beliefs to work and force them on others. This made many employees uncomfortible in the work place and felt as if they did not go along with the managers beliefs that it would keep them from getting promotions. Also allowed to yell at employees while working in front of other employees. Upper management and the mid-level were friends for over 25 years and this was stated alot so that you would not go to upper management and report problems. Otherwise I love the team members I worked with and only one mid-level manager did this others were great and showed that they appreicated their team. Not great on raises and this is the only department that did not get bonuses.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks, not good raises, and no bonuses
Good pay and benefits with difficult sales goals and sales culture
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I worked as a sales banker in the the phone bank. A typical day involved answering the phone and selling customers as many products as possible. The more experienced and successful bankers like myself trained new employees. The bank really cared nothing for it's employees or customers. They only wanted to make as much money as possible. There was really no room for advancement.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible sales culture and management
Fast pace environment
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 24, 2016
-Responsible for ensuring compliance with all daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly bank policies and procedures and federal and state regulations.

-Responsible for effective scheduling, managing the Teller line, lobby management, and delegating tasks to ensure operational integrity while creating positive customer experience.

-Most enjoyable part of the day was having the opportunity to help customers with their financial needs while building lifelong relationships.
Pros
benefits, career, paid time off
Cons
fickle securement
The benefits are amazing! Job itself, not really.
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 24, 2016
Typical day at work:
-Answering numerous phone calls a day and helping customers with their problems with their online banking accounts.
-Customers tend to have an attitude when it comes to their accounts, so some of them will either curse you out to get their way.
-You HAVE to refer to your customers. Each and every one of them. NO EXCUSES. If you don't see something in their "bag," you have to think outside of the box to refer to your customer that you're assisting.
-Some of management are full of themselves and don't really help you.
Pros
amazing benefits, incentives, recognition, work-life balance
Cons
irritable customers, work environment
No life balance
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2016
I realized this career took its toll on me. It was a great company however sales are extreme and aggressive. Management will affect your mental health because of the agression displayed in conference calls and meetings. If quota is not reached you can quickly stress because now this becomes your bonus incentive. Sometimes effort and experience doesnt compare to half the unethical actions many in the company take. I believe management needs to re-evaluate their team members. Good leadership will steer the company in a better direction.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
if your child gets sick and can not report to work, you can get written up for using PTO after several call outs. Reaching up to an AD is complicated.
Benefits Are Excellent
Loan Verification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great employer, but the department you work in might cast a negative shadow on your overall impression. There are excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, maternity leave, FMLA etc. Compensation is not on par with it's banking peers. You must negotiate your salary well when you accept the job offer as raises are minimal and merit increases are rare (at least for my department). My position required constant travel so the work/life balance was often unbalanced, but I obtained air miles, hotel points etc. I would definitely work at this company again.
Pros
Medical benefits, PTO, flexible schedules
Cons
Below market salaries, Minimal raises
Summary Review
Assistant Supervisor Lead (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 6, 2016
I appreciated the opportunity I had with Wells Fargo in 2003 as I joined a dynamic culture that promoted growth and development in the Orange County office I worked in. However transitioning over to another entity in 2005 I found a different that did not embrace my growth and development to advance on the career path. However I maintain a positive approach to all the business objectives before me.
Pros
Great Time off due to tenure
Cons
Management has limited expereince in their positions and communication is not clear
Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2016
A typical day at work involves team projects, processing and verifying.
Throughout my career I've learned the importance of being accountable, aware of commitments and communicating appropriately.My commitment to personal and professional excellence, team leadership, technical guidance, and keen ability to relate to all levels of customer service is a number one priority.
Management team is supportive and encourage teamwork and engaging in department deliverables.
The hardest part of the job is to sustain organizational deliverables while there is a continuous change in management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of individual contributions and engaging with coworkers.
The benefits of hard work
Research Remediation Representative II (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NC 28590June 13, 2016
The thing I like about working for this department at Wells Fargo, if you show effort and work hard, it opens doors for greater opportunities. I learned the job fast, and being that I worked hard to learn these different jobs, they trusted me enough to teach me other job duties that many people didn't get the opportunity to learn. Working I was able to secure a promotion, and ended up getting two raises in a year, which is unheard of in that position. I was able to produce 3 times what the average employee produced, without sacraficing my quality. I was in position to become a manager of that department. My father passed away, and I moved to be closer to my mother and family, I loved that job and and under different circumstances i would still be there.
Great Company needs better Compensation
Loan Verification Analyst, VPLD (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2016
Great Company depending the error you are in, no complaints except for advancement opportunities, but overall great environment and great teammates..
Pros
Great Culture, Co-workers, management, 401K matching
Cons
compensation, advancement opportunities
Wells Fargo was a great place to work
Team Lead - Loan Modification Processing (Former Employee) –  boarder line of Tempe /PhoenixNovember 26, 2016
Wells Fargo was a great company to work for as well as great benefits. The management team was not really all that great. Reality
we all had a hard job trying to save homes across the USA i retired from the bank because after Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae loan mods program ended their was really no hope for home owners enough when you receive the documents their was no hope so for me i could not do it anymore.I will always love and appreciate my boss and all co-workers we all made a great team.Our day was very busy on the phones and working the loan mods. Management was very busy i assist a lot of work and keeping escalated calls down was my job.
The most enjoyable of the job was helping people save their homes.
Pros
Wells Fargo always had parties and appreciation awards for us
Cons
Phone calls coming in and some of the co-workers could not handle the calls
Good Work place ,spacious
Analyst -Graphic Design (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2016
A typical day starts with Meetings in the morning to discuss the day’s events, give progress reports of complete and uncompleted projects. Discuss any pressing issues that need to be addressed or escalated. Go through voicemail and emails to respond to any messages left. Create a game plan with other team members on projects that involve other team members, and share questions or concerns. Set goals for accomplishments for that day and get to work. The hardest part of the job is getting a project that does not have clear instructions, because that will cause delays in progress and affect the outcome, or completion of the project. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you successfully complete a project on time and get a thumbs up from Management
Pros
Recorgnitions at work, advancement opportunities, paid days off
Cons
distance to break rooms, parking
Conservative Company
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 24, 2016
Wells Fargo is a reputable company that has earned its prestige through conservative business practices. The management I have had the pleasure of working with understands that you are a human being with varying life demands and allows for work balance yet sets the bar high when it comes to expectations, which in turn leads employees to feel challenged and motivated. My managers always cared for me as a person, not just an employee. That is invaluable.
I learned new skills in Compliance and Risk management. The hardest part of the job is shifting strategies to accommodate for a volatile market. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning.
Pros
Advancement with hard work and initiative
Cons
costs of healthcare rise exponentially each year.
Great opportunities for advancement
Wholesale Banking Relationship Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 9, 2016
Came to Wells Fargo at an entry level customer service officer. Within a short period of time, I was able to advance quickly. Management was very supportive of career advancement. Work life balance was a challenge.
Pros
good culture
Cons
work life balance
Good Place to Work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 30, 2016
Have to meet expectation of company goals that includes sales and calls per day. Advance in promotions very competitive is good to know someone in the hiring table. Managers seem repetitive with what they call coaching but what it is if you don't meet your quotes for the week they pull you aside and tell you what you do wrong and why didn't you extended customer service or why didn't you sell them a products. The Phone bank revolves around sales and how much more you can push for next month, customer service is what the company says its first but you can give great customer service and still not get sales you'll be in the red and thats not good.
Pros
lunch is in site but expensive
Cons
no job security, repeatedly being watch to perform at a higher level
Wells Fargo
Service Manager - Current Title (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great, competitive company to work for. They address the needs of their team members and their customers equally. The employees are similar in the sense that they are all there to provide genuine service to our customers, and that's something you feel when you walk into any branch.
Pros
Health benefits, potential for growth and advancement.
Cons
Internally political.
Great place to start a wonderful career
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 15, 2016
I worked in the call center . I was forced to move suddenly to a different state so I no longer work with wells but I am in the process of interviewing for a different position ! I absolutely loved the call center and being a phone banker ! I had a wonderful supervisor , great coaches and a great facilitator ! Training was a bit extensive but they equip you with everything you need to succeed and more ! I love the culture , everyone is very professional and actually congratulate you when your doing well ! Very competitive but it's all fun and games ! I loved it and I look forward to working with wells once again ! Great company to start a long lasting career with ! Advancement is definetley attainable !
Pros
Flexible, free food from time to time, gifts, awards, recognition, bonus, job security
Great experience with a major bank
Technical Project Manager/Fulfillment Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2016
It is not often that management is listed first, however, my managers were some of the best I ever had in my career. Exceptionally knowledgeable and able to assist as well as the the project lead.

What I found to be the hardest part of the job, where the job was 100% virtual was when I started where all communications were texts, emails, or voice mails. Once acclimated though, it became very easy. Great support from cross company teams.

Typically assigned between 8 - 12 projects, there was always something to do.

Equipment and support was up to date and typically a phone call away if issues arose.

I enjoyed the time I worked with this business.