Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 16,032 reviews matching the search
Management is out of touch with employees.
Home Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
Management is out of touch with employees, and simply care about "numbers" that will generate income for them. During my time with Wells Fargo I was told that numbers were everything, and that the numbers didn't lie. Management is out-of-touch with the sales perspective as all the media spotlight wrecked my earning potential and coworkers, yet management seemed to not even know or care.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Incentive plan/pay
fast paced
Expert Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2017
Working as a Teller you hold a large responsibility of providing great customer service to all customers. You must be able to take direction in the middle of a transaction with out mistake.
very damanding job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 22, 2017
the main goal everyday is to hit your goals given to you by management. once you finish training you don't get anymore until you get another position. the coworkers are always team players. the hardest part is when you have a slow day if you don't see a lot of people then you cant hit your goals.
Pros
long lunches
benefits
Wells Fargo
Teller (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 22, 2017
• Keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in performing various financial transactions
• Account for all receipts and disbursements
• Routine clerical support tasks related to the teller function
• Exercise judgment and discretion within well-defined limits and work with relative independence to accomplish work tasks
Productive enviorment
Phone Banker 1 (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
Great culture caring people amazaing benefits and team builting . Take the time to thourgoughly train and support the people they hire. And keeps you in the loop with new and exciting challenges to help u succedd
Stressful
Teller/ Banker (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMay 22, 2017
Really big on sales, the manager at the time would harass you to ask family members to open accounts so that the branch could reach their daily goals.
fun workplace
telle (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 22, 2017
I think the employees are very nice and respectful they handle customers needs in a timely manner. they have good account benefits. they are always willing to help.
sales focused but good management
Phone Banker 1 (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMay 22, 2017
lots of pressure on the customer service agents to sell and suggest products to customers and get the person over to the sales department after helping them with their issue/problem. Training was very long and in-depth and they focused on making sure you kept the customers account secure and safe through identification procedures. At that time though the company was focused more on sales then actually helping the customer. I did feel encouraged and supported by my supervisors though and did enjoy the job
very production
Securty Officer (Former Employee) –  Meritt Island, FLMay 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job,
Meeting people,and working with the people at searay boats
typical day checking badges truck bring in supply ,or guest coming I
the hardest part waiting for payday
You make the best of it
Regional Collections Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 21, 2017
It's very hard to move up within the department you are in with Wells. The only reason I moved up was because someone passed away in another office that was closer to my former supervisors home. I went for the position before and got declined although I did the work. Wells is very concerned with legal backlash to the point it henders management from actually doing their jobs in regards to proper corrective actions to be able to run an office that's successful and fair. I loved the people I worked with, but Corporate needs work.
Pros
My peers really cared for me
Cons
Corporate loopholes
Bad Leadership
Securities Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 21, 2017
Promotion is not given out on merit, rather if you're in the club. Management is a disaster, and because of this turnover is very high. There is no incentive to go "above and beyond" because only the chosen favorites receive any credit for anything that goes right.
laserbright
Sales Leader and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2017
great place to work for . i enjoyed it a lot. i traveled and excelled greatly. this was a fun and fast paced environment to work in. i would recommend this job to anyone who had sales experience.
Pros
fun and promotions come fast
Cons
traveled alot
Unethical
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2017
Again it's been a long time since i have worked here however it was very hard to go home every night knowing i was peddling products to consumers that didn't need them. Sales practices highly unethical and upper management put too much pressure on employees to follow these practices. I hope it's changed.
Good company but...
Kforce - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
Company is good but the communication isn't good. Support isn't best based on the structure of the environment. Difficult to communicate with overseas contractors.
Pleasant Mortgage Professional facing job
REGIONAL PURCHASE CLEARING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2017
As a Regional Purchase Clearing Specialist I would work with lenders of mortgage companies in the secondary market. If there were any defects with the loan submitted I would work with the lenders to resolve.
Pros
Worked with other mortgage professionals
Cons
Repeatitive
Great working environment and awesome co-workers
Collector 1 (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2017
A typical day at work involves me with assisting customer who are past due on their mortgage.

I've learned about the different loans we offer and about programs that are available to help with customers who are behind.

Management is great I appreciate the fact they encourage us to speak up about our thoughts and opinions and always willing to listen.
Great co workers and opportunities for raises
Credit Card Collector/Payment Specialist/Mentor (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 20, 2017
Great environment with wonderful incentives. My supervisor has always done a wonderful job of helping my every need. Always flexible with my personal schedule. Accepting of the person I am
Pros
incentives
Cons
long time on phones with limited breaks
Great Place but very political
Personal Banker II/Brokerage Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2017
Great Place but very political. Would recommend to a friend or family to work. work life balance is good. one of the best banks to work for, when it comes to culture. Pay at other places are more competitive.
Work place
Teller (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMay 20, 2017
Wells Fargo is a good place to work, just have to find what youre best at inside your branch. Pretty easy to move up but it depends on how you start plus where you start, just stay focused.
Productive, enjoyable and an everyday learning experience.
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Banker) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2017
Wells Fargo is a fun company to work at, and i say this because positive relationships you gather along with your team.

Wells has one of the best training programs that teach you how to talk to customers, how to present a product or service and even how to turn a negative relationship into a positive one. However, it is a little bit different than other banks. Due to the scandal that recently happened, products and services do not have to be pushed towards customers anymore. Therefore there is no pressure, and we can really focus on what our customers really need, which is what makes Wells Fargo an enjoyable workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.