Wells Fargo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,775 reviews matching the search
A day working in call center
Financial Crimes Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALJune 23, 2016
I work in a call center that has high call volumes, I take incoming calls gather information from the customer and process debit card claims, its lots of advancement opportunities in this department, the management are helpful and so are the co workers, the most enjoyable part of the job is that the management understands the job can be stressful so they plan different activities for us to do and feed us often
Cons
you have to start out on the evening shift 1230p-9p, and you will be on the shift until you have good stats and when another shift bid is available
Good people yet poor supervisory and management structure
Financial Health Consultant - Savings and Credit (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 1, 2016
Help people succeed financially. I learned the intricacies of the banking world from federal regulations to financial advisory. Management was typical call center, metric driven motives.This was a bit disturbing considering we are dealing with peoples money and financial well being,
Pros
Helping people succeed financially
Cons
Measuring time spent while helping people succeed financially
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 30, 2016
Management creates a hostile and negative work environment. No room for advancement as they play favorites and refuse to promote from within. If you aren't part of their "click" they do things to you that are borderline harassment. Customers verbally abuse you all day and you can't do anything about it. DO NOT WORK IN TEMPE AT PREVENTION CONTACT CENTER you have been warned.
Pros
Hard to thing of any
Cons
Mgmt is horrible, customers verbally abuse you
Wells Fargo is a great place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55406June 19, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great place to work if you're an individual who loves business or finance. While there, I was able to meet co-workers who later become friends. One thing I remember working for Wells Fargo is a sense of job security. While most place were laying off during the recession that left a feeling of uneasiness about people's job future, I can say proudly that I wasn't one of those people thanks to Wells Fargo.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Sale's is a little too aggressive.
Not willing to invest in resources to support teams
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2016
Wells does a great job of getting as much work out of one person as possible. Not willing to add resources (people) to enable team members to collaborate and do their jobs effectively. This limits what you're able to excel at as you're pulled in too many directions.

Management just wants to impress next level up. They don't truly listen or understand your day-to-day, challenges, needs. This leaves professional development by the wayside.

Work / life balance is only an option if your in a very entry-level / junior role. After almost 14 years with the company work / life balance is a laughable thought.
Pros
Comp / Benefits
Cons
Management, resources, conservative, budget
Productive work place with a lot high emphasis on details
Securities Ops Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 3, 2016
A typical day would conclude research data base and finding qualifying transactions that fit the class action period for the class action law suit. At this position I learned a lot about excel and sorting Data because we usually work with massive amount of data. I also learned about class actions and the different regulations related to them.
Pros
Productive Environment
Cons
Contracted position
Good Benefits, Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative, Project Migrator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 7, 2016
There wasn't a lot of upward mobility, and management was a dice roll because they made you change managers every 6 months and not all were great. It is obviously a huge company and the setting was basically around 200 cubicles in a building, everyone attached to his or her phone, so I felt like more of a number than an asset. On the upside, Wells Fargo takes care of employees with decent pay and great benefits, and it was an awesome learning experience. I learned a lot about how to handle different customers with varying personalities and I learned a great deal about mortgage and finance.
Big business attitude revolving around making money before all.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 11, 2016
Each day involves running in circles trying to work within the Wells Fargo system which is impossible with the staffing that they employ. Management tried to care but they also had to work within the limits of the company environment. My co-workers are the one thing that I miss after leaving. They were all trying to stay afloat as well and making the best of every day for each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to help my customers when they are considered last in importance. They people were definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good benefits, PTO
Cons
All-consuming atmosphere, trying to schedule/take PTO
a lot of pressure to sell
Banker (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 23, 2016
had to work the 6 days of the week, wells fargo is now a retail bank being that its all about selling, offering and referrals. not only you have to sell accts loans and credit cards but auto insurance home insurance, renters and life insurance its crazy you have daily goals and if for whatever reason you don't meet them prepare for a cool down with management to discuss what you could of done different or better. so if you like for management to be on you 100% of time to sell sell sell this is the place to be working at.
Pros
hr lunches and good co-workers
Cons
sell
Productive and fun workplace with great benefits and professional environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDJune 6, 2016
Handling money, transactions, and your area is what you could expect in a typical day. The anticipation of knowing whether or not your drawer was in balance, meeting daily/monthly sales goals, and being 100% sure that you processed transactions correctly could sometimes prove to be stressful. Everyone got a long like family and management was supportive and encouraging. I enjoyed the benefits, pay, and day shifts that come with a bank.
Pros
Long lunches, good pay, no uniforms
Cons
Having to meet sales goals
Productive work place
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2016
On a daily basis we are expected meet daily goals with excellent quality to abide by government guidelines. The hardest part of the job is getting our customers to submit documents to be able to decision their loans. Upper management is really friendly and always willing to hear employees opinion. I enjoy working with my coworkers as they respect the different personalities amongst our group.
Pros
Travel to different cities
Cons
There is not always enough work to meet production goals.
Money or Environment......
Financial Crimes Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 12, 2016
Not impressed with the timelessness for accommodations . Supervisors are over worked, and over whelmed with the responsibilities of multiple teams.
The employee's ( in the department and Out side of the department) are mean, rude and disrespectful towards each other..
I truly enjoyed the work i did and the pay; the employee's and management made it very difficult to stay.
Pros
The employee/Family activites
Cons
The treatment of the Employee's ( Growth and issues ) Horrible!
Fun Place to work to meet new people and great career advancement
Home Mortgage Consultant/Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Wells Fargo to help our customers succeed financially, Great environment and ability to grow within your career. I liked coming to work and also communicating with team members.
Pros
Great compensation and the ability to learn and grow within your job and career advancement as well
Cons
sometimes management showed lack of sales improvement goals and training
Love the friendships, not the company
Lead Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 17, 2016
Typical day started off opening the morning and working on reports. I learned the power of working as team and building relationships with team members and customers. The hardest part of the job was the stress and the anxiety, due to lack of management. The most enjoyable part is the friendships that I made with fellow co-workers and customers. There are is a lot of sales pressure and push to meet sales goals at any cost.
Pros
The relationships and respect from my tellers
Cons
The stress overload of not having a manager. Branch manager no help
Great Team Culture
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
As a part of the Contact Center Team supporting Retirement Services, we were encouraged to collaborate and find ways to create an atmosphere which encouraged ease of use for employees and customers. Our team in particular was very close-knit and worked well together, which really helped to maintain rapport, solve issues and made for a great working environment.
Pros
Learning, Teamwork, Collaboration, Problem Resolution
Cons
Long hours at times, but a great team made up for it!
Meaningful Work!
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJune 23, 2016
My last held position with Wells Fargo was as a loss prevention underwriter reviewing existing clients for mortgage modification. Meaningful work in that my job was to keep distressed people in their homes while managing losses to Wells Fargo accordingly. To me, it was a good day when I found a way to keep a family in their home at the same time saving an asset from charge off to Wells Fargo.
Pros
proud management who let me work independently
Cons
limited increases in pay
Great company with amazing staff, great benefits and strives for developing highly engaged team members.
Customer Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work at Wells Fargo Bank as a Service Manager II involves a lot of multitasking between assisting, training and developing tellers and bankers, providing the best Customer Service possible to customers, managing a positive work environment, handling customer complaints, delegating different operation activities, and attending different meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is training and developing team members and watching them grow within the company.
A company that not only cares about their customers but their empolyees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 25, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great place to work! The company cares about their employees and are active in their career advancement. Management does take the time to get to know their employees and everyone gets along. It gets very busy at times, especially the first week of the month but being busy makes the time go fast. I have learned a lot and am looking forward to use those skills everywhere I may go.
Sales and micromanage
Teller (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 24, 2016
Great conversation with customers, everyone laughing and the customer could be so thankful, but if you didn't pitch a sale you would be question as to why. The whole company evolves around sales. This company has been headlined in magazines for being notorious about sales and getting people to sign up for things they didn't want or need. I've seen it first hand. I've seen managers tell customers their new account came with a credit card which it didn't just to get extra sales proxy. It's a shame this company has worked its way to the top this way. It will catch up with them. In the mean time I'll sit back and get my little check until something better comes along.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, unfair treatment, sales sales sales
Overwhelming at times
Lead Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
Sales, Sales, Sales. That is Wells Fargo main concern and customer service second. Certain locations are incredibly slow and has the same clientele for years, thus making it difficult to make any type of incentive. The company says those are only excuses and that every branch should meet their quota, despite the volume of customers. Every branch is different with their own set of guidelines, making it difficult with the customers to understand why one place says yes and the other says no. Tellers never last, most tellers stay there for a max of 8 months. Very rare for them to be longer then a year.
Pros
You get out by 6 and always off on Sundays
Cons
unreasonable quotas