Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 13,892 reviews matching the search
Wells Fargo pays well and has great benefits!
Premier Service, Consumer Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 13, 2016
Depending on what job you have with the company your days can be fast paced or slow and steady. Their training programs to get you ready for your position are very in depth. The management every on is different. Co-workers are your friends! The hardest part of the job can be to live up to all of the expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you learn so much and are challenged everyday.
Pros
Top Pay, PTO, and Benefits
Cons
Some positions have a lot of micro managing, due to the history of certain employees not putting in all of their effort.
Honestly, training needs to be better
COMMERCIAL TELLER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work would be fine until you have those customers where you need clarification. The time it takes for the teller to get clarification, to get an override, to get help in general, takes time away from helping clear the line, to doing other operations. Training was a brief glimpse of what could happen. According to previous tellers who went to training a year, two years, ago, this wouldn't have happen. Training was intensive.

During my time there, I like my coworkers, I like my job. It takes patience, a lot of understanding and empathy for the customers, and plenty of service for the customers. I did not like how much they pressured us to reach incentive. I felt the incentive should be a side note, not something to a teller must get.
Pros
PTO, Holiday pay, Benefits
Cons
stress, pressure
Fast-Paced workplace with unlimited training opportunities
Regional Bank Private Banker (Former Employee) –  Parker, CONovember 14, 2016
Wells Fargo Bank was a great place for me to learn the skill sets that will benefit for the rest of my career. They are involved in almost every aspect of the financial industry, which provides opportunities to pursue cheer paths outside of retail banking.
Pros
Education/training, benefits
Cons
Poor attention to detail, poor work/private life balance
Professional & Customer Service-Based
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 6, 2016
Wells Fargo is most known for their excellent service when assisting their customers. Once hired with the company, it is quite expected for employees to seek promotion for other roles available in the Wells Fargo culture.
Pros
Matching 401k after a year, vacation pay, volunteer/community service pay, tuition reimbursement-all available for part time employees as well.
Daily tasks
Consumer Loan Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2016
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting moderate individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines. Dependent on division, functions may include evaluating and ensuring overall loan documents are accurate, complete, and compliant; reviewing of financial statements, credit reports, applicable ratios (i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value) and other supporting documentation; using an automated
scoring system or traditional underwriting to determine acceptability of moderate requests; contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decisions, and/or to sell/promote line products; staying abreast of any changes in underwriting provisions; working with production to
resolve questions when possible.
Pros
diverse, supportive teams, great benefits
Cons
doesnt provdie you with the tools to performs tasks, managers not always to provide suffience support
Fast paced environment, customer service focused, friendly
Teller (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2016
Working at wells has to be the one of the best jobs I've ever had. Not only is it a job but anyone can easily make it into a career. Wells Fargo has a lot of opportunities for all their team members. I would recommend if you're interested in working at a bank, Wells Fargo is the best place to be at. You get great benefits.
Pros
Get holidays off and paid
Cons
Always having to wear dress clothes
Employment at WellsFargo
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 1, 2016
As a former employee of WellsFargo, I greatly appreciated the company as a whole. From my daily work schedule to satisfied customers. As a result of a car accident it lead to me loosing my job as a full time teller. Once I was cleared to return to work I was only offered part-time with no permanent branch. Other than that I'm looking to one day return as a full time teller.
Pros
meeting new people, being able to do different things outside to help the community, the pay, and the benefits were awesome
Cons
the cross selling....
High expectations for Team Members with Plenty of Opportunities to Grow
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 13, 2016
Great company that cares about customers and team members. In retail locations there are high sales goals which can be stressful at times- but manageable. Definitely need lots of self motivation to be successful.
Pros
Great benefits, 401K match, tuition reimbursement, PTO, health insurance, etc.
Cons
Work life balance is hard to achieve in Management role
Great work/life balance, but little else
Personal Banker/ASM, Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAMay 19, 2016
They have the best training program anywhere for bankers, but once you complete training, they really drop the ball on continuing education. There are MANY online, self-directed courses to take, but rarely are they clear, concise, and very informative. There is no follow up other than management using a checklist to make sure everyone who needs a class can show on their corporate transcripts that it was taken. I believe that is why turnover is high (nearly 100%)for them, for a bank or financial institution. They really need to mean what they say about "investing in their people." Otherwise, the home life/work life balance is great because it is truly a 9 to 5 (ish) job.
Pros
Life balance, reimbursement programs, full benefits, GREAT coworkers, massive back office support staff
Cons
Always shorthanded, lower pay than other banks, some benefits not cost-effective, they lose focus because employees truly are a 7-digit ID number to them
productive place to work, mellow environment since settlement.
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 7, 2016
After sales aspect went away it became more a customer service job rather than sales job. Metrics are everything and no matter how knowledgeable and resourceful you are, if your numbers are not where management feels are in the "green" you won't be advancing any time soon.
Pros
Benefits were pretty great
Cons
Very much like a high school environment
Depends on where you are at
Quality Assurance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 16, 2016
This can be a great place to work, however, there are some areas which continually hire people who are incompetent to lead certain business units. Some of this hiring is done on the basis that they are buddies with the current manager. Good and bad experiences in my 5 different jobs, but do your job well and try to stand out!
Pros
Benefits, on-site cafe, discounts to events/products
Cons
lower level management, some people dress like slobs, merit increases are low
Big business attitude revolving around making money before all.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 11, 2016
Each day involves running in circles trying to work within the Wells Fargo system which is impossible with the staffing that they employ. Management tried to care but they also had to work within the limits of the company environment. My co-workers are the one thing that I miss after leaving. They were all trying to stay afloat as well and making the best of every day for each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to help my customers when they are considered last in importance. They people were definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good benefits, PTO
Cons
All-consuming atmosphere, trying to schedule/take PTO
Good company
Banker Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2016
Wells Fargo is a good place to work if your willing to sell products. You also have to have a passion for business or finance.The culture was very good for the most part, I was able to build relationships on a perfessional level. What i valued most was Wells Fargo offers a tution remburshment program. 401K and health care once your hired. While most place you would have to work 3-6month before having that ability.
Pros
Overtime was offered alot.
Cons
Turn over rate was to high, pay was not fair i was training people that made more money than i did which had no experience.
A typical work day
Operations Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2016
A typical work day begins with logging into several systems then checking email and voice mail. Next I prioritize my work according to urgency and handle any pressing items. I learned many computer systems as well as using Microsoft Office and became an expert in them. My co-workers were great people and we were able to form a great team and learned to work efficiently together. I enjoyed my job because it utilized my degree as a paralegal.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not much flexibility with time off
Not willing to invest in resources to support teams
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2016
Wells does a great job of getting as much work out of one person as possible. Not willing to add resources (people) to enable team members to collaborate and do their jobs effectively. This limits what you're able to excel at as you're pulled in too many directions.

Management just wants to impress next level up. They don't truly listen or understand your day-to-day, challenges, needs. This leaves professional development by the wayside.

Work / life balance is only an option if your in a very entry-level / junior role. After almost 14 years with the company work / life balance is a laughable thought.
Pros
Comp / Benefits
Cons
Management, resources, conservative, budget
Productive, fast paced and supportive work environment
Phone Banker I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2016
On a day to day basis, you're constantly learning new ways to overcome obstacles with customers. The banker coaches are always supportive and ready to help, mainly focusing on helping you grow as a financial educator. You also have access to your own resource tools to better educate yourself on any banking issues you might come across. It's very fast paced, but due to the great training you feel completely comfortable and ready. Overall it was a great experience working with Wells Fargo.
Pros
Buddy bankers, Helpful knowledge activities, Consistent support, Great Benefits.
Together we go far
Phone Banker 1 (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 14, 2016
Together we go far is true!!!
This is a wonderful company!
They have good values and culture
They also take care of their customers and employees
You make really good money, and you have so many opportunities to move up! The job is easy and fun! All the people I work with are pretty cool!
Would recommend anyone to apply
Benefits are pretty good as well.
And you get discounts on alot things like traveling with family.
Great Company needs better Compensation
Loan Verification Analyst, VPLD (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2016
Great Company depending the error you are in, no complaints except for advancement opportunities, but overall great environment and great teammates..
Pros
Great Culture, Co-workers, management, 401K matching
Cons
compensation, advancement opportunities
Good place to work with advancment oppurtunities
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 28, 2016
I processed daily cash deposits and withdraws for customers and businesses.
I would help customers with all their banking needs, on top of introducing perspective customers to relationship banking.
Examined checks for identification and endorsement.
Maintained confidentiality of bank recorders and client information
Gave approvals to tellers as needed.
Ordered cash for the branch and did bi-sells with tellers as needed.
I also was an authorized signer for our branch.
Balancing, looked and linked outages for tellers if they had a draw off balance.

I learned how to operate multiple systems which include Microsoft Office Suites, SVP (Store Vision Platform) SVT (Store Vision Teller).
I learned how to do the ordering of cash for the branch.
I also learned what to look for when I am giving approvals for the tellers.

I loved my job!
Pros
Great co workers, great retirement benefits, good pto, loved my customers
Good Benefits, Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative, Project Migrator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 7, 2016
There wasn't a lot of upward mobility, and management was a dice roll because they made you change managers every 6 months and not all were great. It is obviously a huge company and the setting was basically around 200 cubicles in a building, everyone attached to his or her phone, so I felt like more of a number than an asset. On the upside, Wells Fargo takes care of employees with decent pay and great benefits, and it was an awesome learning experience. I learned a lot about how to handle different customers with varying personalities and I learned a great deal about mortgage and finance.