Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good Benefits and Flexible Hours for Students
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 20, 2017
WF has great benefits and hour flexibility. It can be a good place for a student or a recent graduate to start experiencing the financial industry. however, their promotion is solely based on their high target goals and it does not necessary mean that you will get a promotion just because you worked hard.
n/a
BANKRUPTCY SPECIALIST 3/TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Benefits are great. The pay should be a little more considering all the work that sis needed in each position. As far as moving up in the company, it harder than expected, especially for those who have been with the company for years.
Typical day included making sure notices were out and filed on time. I learned if notices were not filed, the bank could be fined thousands of dollars. I enjoyed most management and my coworkers.
Pros
Great if your already in your desired career
Cons
Hard to move up in ghe company
Typical corporation career
Learning and Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 20, 2017
There are pros and cons to working in a large corporation. If you have the mentality and ability to find a career path you enjoy, you will blossom. I have been very fortunate in my career path and have enjoyed the jobs that I have had and the managers that I have had.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can get lost in the corporation
working at Wells Fargo
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great company. Generous bonus and commission structure, and great working environment. Many opportunities to advance and great options for cross training,
Pros
location, work environment, compensation
Cons
Stressful job with reasonable hours
Teller/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 20, 2017
Good place to work with reasonable daytime hours. Sundays and holidays off and a lot of paid time off compared to other jobs. The job is stressful, though. Robberies are a constant concern.
Pros
No night shift
Cons
Stressful
Phone Banker 2 (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 20, 2017
I loved wells fargo. The management, customers and the job as a whole was great. Sure there were some angry customers that made some stressful days but we all worked with them to work through it and it always ended on a good note.
Pros
Multiple schedules to choose from
Great place to start
PHONE BANKER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Wells Fargo is a great company, so working here would be a good opportunity to advance in the financial call center field. They are serious about sales goals but provide people to help you along the way.
Reputable yet lacking
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 20, 2017
As an employee there was a lot of turnover as far as qualified management and employees. I worked at one location who had as many as 6 people hired/left in a matter of one year.

Work and personal life balance is encouraged yet difficult to ask for as you may not receive the best help when attempting to have a personal life.

Education was definitely provided for product knowledge and sales techniques.
Productive and fun work place.
FINANCIAL CRIMES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I loved my job at Wells Fargo. They were very professional at all times, and they care about employees. Great benefits, pay, and other incentives. Awesome company to work for, with the opportunity to start a career and grow.
Stressful and Toxic Environment
Research/Remediation Representative 3 (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 20, 2017
Management tries to compensate with juvenile rewards (candy, certificates, lunches), but the stress of taking 45 minute - hours long phone complaints is not physically or mentally healthy. It is inhumane to expect employees to field complaints and complex issues for hours without self-scheduled breaks.
Pros
The only work you take home is the left over stress.
Cons
Negative conversations with upset customers.
Stressful but rewarding
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 20, 2017
Great place to work if you can handle stress well. It is very awarding in the end . Great managers who help develop you. Training will also help develop you.
Great company to grow you
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Having the previledge of working for one of Forturne10 companies in America was enlightening. I will say that from our quarterly and annual goals that we would review weekly and daily, it was never a miss what our tasks were everyday. I would say that the wells fargo culture and company as a whole is nearly flawless. From security, competitiveness, growth, and customer service. I would definitely recommend this job to others.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
n/a
It was a nice start for me to learn about the banking system.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Worthington, MNSeptember 20, 2017
Too many meetings before and after work hours, For being paid a minimum wage.
I enjoyed selling credit / debit cards to my clients as well as greeting them and helping them with there banking needs.
Pros
Nice working environment .
Cons
Standing all day and not being allowed to seat on a chair was different .
Daily Routine
Service And Operations -Trade Processing (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2017
I would get to my desk, log in, check emails,then I would do reports that needed to get done daily. I then would answer phone calls emails all while I was processing alternative investments for FA
Pros
good benefits
Cons
manager
Good place to work if you want to advance quickly
Customer Service Rep 3 (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2017
Wells Fargo was a place that allowed me to try several roles in a short period of time and allowed me to build other skills as long as it benefited the business
Love it!!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2017
I was working at Wells Fargo just for an internship. Although the internship didn't last long, I enjoyed my time there. I was taught about the business world and professionalism that I still use today!
some team members were ok
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Management had some issues, enjoyed the team, enjoyed the customers, learned alot, there was alot of favoritetism, working to help customer financially, enjoyed working without supervision, when you voiced your opinion, you got wrote up
Pros
Customers were awesome
Cons
management was awful
Productive environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
Basic teller work
already knew a great deal about banking.
management started off pretty good.
Job wasn't hard for me after I got refreshed.
I enjoyed my fellow coworkers.
Pros
They used to allow you to transfer when needed.
Cons
Poor management and communication skills
Great Company, with great benefits
Home Preservation Leader (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 19, 2017
They take care of their employees, far as benefits. Salary needs to improve 100%. In my department, it could be very stressful, but I do it for my customers everyday.
productive workplace with ideal work life balance
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 19, 2017
productive workplace with ideal work life balance. Flexible working hours lots of fun activities to do and great place to get yourself trained in banking domain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval