Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 17,616 reviews matching the search
Overall good company
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2017
Overall good company to work for. There are constant changes depending on volume and needs of the business. Each division has different perks and overall my division became a close family.
Horrible
Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2017
I was not happy with WellsFargo because of the way they treated employees. low pay, work 7 days a week with no time off and when you do get time off it short
Good Opportunity
Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2017
Good learning opportunity. Managers are engaged, great learning environment. Ability to advance across other departments and learn.good balance with work.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Na
Competitive Workplace
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 14, 2017
Management is very supportive and tries their best to help you be successful. Friendly co workers and everyone tries their best to make it fun to go to work.
Bad culture, good benefits
Bilingual Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
Wells Fargo's culture and management style is very different from the rest of the industry. Wells Fargo has created a system in which every single individual in the company is considered a sales person and is expected to sale banking products in situations that may not be a full match for the position.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Profit made for the company is the basic performance measurement
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX and Dallas TXAugust 14, 2017
Wells Fargo is a good company to work for there are many chances of growth but while i was there metrics mattered in order to advance or even get acknowledged. Now that there are no mandatory sales i really don't know how it works.
Pros
easy job
Cons
sometimes you got to kiss but to advance
Looking for better opportunities for my career path
Research/Remediation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2017
Go getter..detail oriented individual seeking better opportunity. I want another opportunity to progress my career. Im looking to be established and to show my skills. Im willing to learn new areas to better my future and find my purpose.
Just a job for the mean time.
Personal Banker (SAFE I) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
At Wells Fargo is very hard to have a career, favoritism is the most important thing in order to advance. Last but not least, working at Wells Fargo is very hostile.
Pros
Vacation and health insurance
Typical Bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  GulportAugust 13, 2017
High sales quotas

limited support

Demanding management

Low compensation

Poor benefits package

Bad reputation

Making collection calls can be stressful
Great place to learn new things
Teller (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 13, 2017
Working for Wells Fargo you can learn a lot of new things in just one day. It's a great paying first job if you're looking for customer service experience.
entry level place in finance industry which needs a lot of assistance
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bell, CAAugust 13, 2017
Management can be conflicting and often unprofessional, overall if higher levels of management were involved they would do their best to treat others with respect.
Pros
Timely breaks, Pto
Cons
minimal pay
personla banker
Personal Banker & Brokerage Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 13, 2017
selling banking products inclduing, but not limit to, checking and saving account, auto loan and personal loan, credit card. Need to learn how to control risk as well.
Pros
no stress
Cons
hard to get incentive
Great environment for teamwork
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work in regards to teamwork and the people I worked with. It is very hard for position advancement within the company. It is almost impossible to transfer to another branch outside of your district.
Pros
great benefits, great team, fun place to work
Cons
mandatory overtime; no work/home balance
Worst company to work for and personal banking
Loan servicing specialist level 3+ more (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2017
Wells Fargo does customers badly, just as they also do to employees. Wells Fargo likes to lure you in then have you do five jobs for one man without the proper compensation and fabrication of incentives. Despite any situation when you call employee relations and/or human resources, while management fabricates and manipulates, you are looked at as the one in the wrong, when you're not. You can do all of is expected of you and for years try to get promoted but unless you're favored you will not get anywhere, although in fact while you're doing a superb job, Wells Fargo does not look at your 5 man job you did for them so with all your experiences with this company and your great past background from other jobs and education, is gone. Management's personal behaviors make or break your performance depending on the day per month, and your merit increase, and over all outlook of others due to false allegations. Management like to claim that you don't like your job or even put on behalf of Wells Fargos name an injunction of harassment when they lied about you. Even while they are still in the media and suites are going. Very horrible place, breaks my heart how they treat people. As far as personal banking. As also a former customer now, Wells Fargo dealer services is also in suit. In addition with violating many laws in which I was also a victim of their harmful tactics in this manner as well. I also had my personal money in, from Wells Fargo Bank checking account all of a sudden missing and the tellers and managers had no clue where or how it disappeared although they could see  more... that it was gone but the answers were always unknown. After having money from my personal checking account disappearing a few times I then switch Banks. Leaving this company and falsely terminated- none the less- I liked and loved my job and the experiences with the low pay and deception of incentives. But I would never recommend this company to anyone.  less
Pros
Free pizza once a month
Cons
Poor CEO/s, Exec mngt, mngt, lead, sups, Lies, manipulation, deceitfulness
Highly stressful environment - Retail
Teller (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 12, 2017
A good company to obtain basic experience in the financial field. Management was excellent. Nothing personal, everything business. If you work hard and it shows, opportunity for advancement is imminent
Pros
Great company name for Resume
Cons
Hours were inconsistent.
Wells Fargo
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAAugust 12, 2017
A good place to work if you are willing to work with contradictions of ethics and ready to be cut throat. Very difficult place to work if you can't deal with sales, especially in a small town or a high business area where you don't have a steady flow of new customers.
Productive and Nice place to work
Collateral Control Administrative I (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2017
A typical work day was productive and I learned how to write up and calculate reports. The work culture was good. The was not a hardest part of the position, because I liked and enjoyed the work and the company.
Wonderful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2017
Wonderful and great work environment, learned a lot and also grew within the company, very easy to learn and worked well with others, the hours where great.
productive work place
Financial Crimes Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 12, 2017
move at your own pace, very independent nobody bothers you, co-workers are very friendly, over all mostly busy and steady day. always have a chance to correct something
High stress atmosphere
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 12, 2017
I feel this position was misrepresented when I was recruited. They said it was customer service but the goal was sales referrals, meeting quotas. I was told at the interview that the main part of the job was providing excellent customer service and helping the customer. Once I was trained and on the phones I was constantly monitored and told my calls had to be shorter and I had to get more transfers to the sales department.
Pros
Pay and benefits were pretty good
Cons
Constantly told to get call times down and referral/sales rates up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.