Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 13,453 reviews matching the search
wells fargo review
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2016
Do transactions for customers, complete assigned tasks, and trying to get customers to add products to their accounts or open non existing accounts. The hardest part of the job was being able to exceed your required thresholds in order to potentially make more than your base hourly wage. The best part of the job were building relationships with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Get paid Holidays off, offer Bennifits
Cons
low base pay
Stressful and Hostile
Teller (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers with their transactions such as deposits, transfers and withdraws.
What I learned from working at this job is you must have thick skin, and be fast paced. My management made my life harder than it needed to be, they made my job more stressful and less enjoyable.
The Hardest part of my job was dealing with co-workers and management. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing and meeting different customers daily.
Pros
Had sundays off
Cons
management, and sale goals
Helpful Company with Advancement Opportunity
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Appomattox, VAAugust 5, 2016
The company has been very helpful in developing my skills, but you have to love the culture of banking. Very sales driven, and puts a lot of emphasis on moving products. If you are willing to deal with that, and willing to accept that it is not all that finance based, then it is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great bonuses, and helpful management
Cons
Very sales driven, you have to deal with a lot of knowledgeable clients
loved working at Wells Fargo
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2016
My experience at Wells was very good. I experienced many things with clients. I learned how to deal with unhappy people and also how to deal with happy outgoing customers. My co-workers were really nice and taught me a lot. The most enjoying part of the job was meeting all of the people and helping them. There wasn't really a hard part of the job. Also a typical work day would begin at 9am and get busy around 12 to 2pm drive thru and the lobby would be full.
Pros
Sometimes a free lunch
Cons
no real cons
A typical day at our diverse call center
Business Banker Coach/ Business phone banker 2 (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNAugust 2, 2016
Remotely handle services and customer inquires, concerns on their accounts. Ensure we are providing first call resolution for our customers. Assist with peers, coach new hire with on boarding training and procedures. friendly environment with co worker.
The most hardest part of the job is not being able to give the absolute best solution for the customer, when you have exceeded all possible options for them.
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 16, 2016
When I was first hired by the original manager at the time for the first year I enjoyed it very much. Once he left and new management came in I had a change in heart with how much sales were pushed to reach our quotas daily. The DM at the time was ridiculous immature and so were other branch managers of the district. I was not happy in the environment I was working in anymore and decided to leave for how unfairly I was being treated.
Good place to work and amazing environment.
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2016
Very easy start of day with a Meeting. And every Day is a new Day With new Challenges and to learn something new. Very flexible and easy going management and always very helpful when needed. No harsh with anything during the time worked there. Very helpful team all co-workers were very nice and helpful when needed.
Never had very hard time with anything or with anyone working.
Pros
Good place to work. An amazing environment around you at work place
Cons
No Cons just loved this place and people working with.
Call Center
Prevention and Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 11, 2016
The job is what you make of it. I have worked in this department for 5 years. As long as you like what you are doing it is an ok job but I reached a point where the money was not enough to keep me doing something I did not agree with. I did not agree with the low talk time to speak with the customers. They could not get the service they needed and had to call multiple times a day and wait over 10 minutes just to get through to ask a question they should have been able to ask while they were on the phone earlier. If you are ok with what you are doing, the job will be ok.
Pros
I meet some very good people there. There are other departments that are very good to be in.
Cons
Customers constantly upset due to be rushed because agents needed to meet their low talk time goal.
Worst place I've ever worked for
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 16, 2016
I worked in the call center which really sucked. Management was horrible, they only cared about stats and didn't care how you did it. They almost encouraged you to lie and scam customers. They had no care for the people who banked with wells fargo, they only care about money and how they look on paper. They did a lot of sketchy things and had no regard for it. They treat employees horribly.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A job where you work with so many and still you will find you may work alone.
Lockbox - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Center City, PAJuly 30, 2016
Loved this job a lot because I made so many friends there. A very happy and busy environment. Fast paced with large work loads daily but there was always room to socialize and not feel confined. Fair pay with great benefit package. Room for advancement if you work hard enough. Bosses there were great. Also felt more like friends and bosses.
Pros
Work was easy once you have learned the system.
Cons
Plenty of paperwork daily with the paper cuts to prove it.
Competitive among other retail banks
COMMUNITY BANKING DISTRICT MANAGER IV (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2016
I managed 10 banking centers with sales and profit responsibilities.

I learned how to grow the business simply by understanding the needs of the customers we serviced.

Management always recognized sales successes.

Coworkers generally would do a good job if given the necessary tools to do their job.

The hardest aspect of the job was during the decline of the banking industry.

The most enjoyable aspect was helping customers solve their needs.
Pros
Lattitude to run the business as if you were the owner
Cons
Negative scrutiny from media
Work day
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 28, 2016
I know what is expected of me to complete my job accurately. Great resources to learn job functions, compliance of banking and opportunity to learn office skills to promote my value to the bank.
In any job there are different personalities, but my co-workers are professional when it comes to their work ethics. The hardest part of my job is there is constant change in procedures but I am given ample time to update my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is able being given recognition with work accomplishments or birthday or anniversary with the bank.
Management needs work!
Home Preservation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 5, 2016
Don't get me wrong, the pay is great. I started out as a temp making $10.50/hour and when I was "displaced" along with the rest of my department I was making over $16. I was there for three years. I will say when we all got notice that our department was closing, most of us had been there long enough to get severance and unemployment. While I was there I had 5 different managers. Most of the management team I experienced did not know how to be managers. The buck was always being passed to the "higher up" manager. It was very hard to get your voice heard when you HAD concerns about your manager. The managers manager acted like we were bottom feeders and management of any kind was ALWAYS right.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Team
Cons
Managers, Managers, Managers
Working at WellsFargo
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 16, 2016
I don't like the job. The sales part is so annoying. The sales goals are hard to accomplish. People get so annoyed with you when you keep on asking them about products and services. Some team members are rude and snobby, especially if your a new teller and are constantly in need of overrides. On the bright side you do get some benefits, but make sure you ask cause they won't tell you unless you do. You also get long breaks which is also great. Some branches work require you to work Saturdays. Most of the customers are so sweet and nice. They will easily warm up to you, just be patient. Also whatever you do BE IN BALANCE at the end of the day because being out of balance could possibly end in termination.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Long Breaks
Cons
Stressful Sales Goals, Rude Team Members
Replaceable employees and unrealistic goals
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 30, 2016
Employees are disposable tools you dont see anyone last long there because the turn over rate is horrible they treat you like you dont matter and the sales quotas are so unrealistic unethical place to work the compensations have dropped to less than 300 i did get experience from my manager and help develop my skills but other than that nothing good to say about working for them.
Cons
Busy, productive and motivating culture. Great to work for.
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 25, 2016
Very busy sales environment with excellent opportunity for advancement. Co-workers were pleasant as well as driven to succeed. Management instilled the necessary drive for success in the workplace without the feeling of micromanagement. Hardest part of work environment but not so much so was prospect of potential future relationship building which also turned into most enjoyable aspect of work environment.
Pros
Always in motion. Great pay. Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
No real cons
It all depends which location you work.
Licensed Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 25, 2016
During my time with the company, I had six different managers I was working under. Some of the managers made it very difficult to go to work where others made each day go by fast by their energy and dedication. There is a lot of growth opportunity, but again it all depends who you are working under if they are willing to help you grow.
Pros
Growth opportunity
Cons
Disliked health benefits
Productive, fast paced and supportive work environment
Phone Banker I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2016
On a day to day basis, you're constantly learning new ways to overcome obstacles with customers. The banker coaches are always supportive and ready to help, mainly focusing on helping you grow as a financial educator. You also have access to your own resource tools to better educate yourself on any banking issues you might come across. It's very fast paced, but due to the great training you feel completely comfortable and ready. Overall it was a great experience working with Wells Fargo.
Pros
Buddy bankers, Helpful knowledge activities, Consistent support, Great Benefits.
Terrible
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2016
Warehouse-lockbox. Inconsistent hours, management, and benefits. Only great part of benefits are the dental. Pto hours are combined, no separate sick and vacation. Women have to stay for years to advance. Inconsistent hours means even worse pay. Modern day sweatshop. No drug test are given pre-hire. Dress code and work conditions, disgusting.
Pros
Clocking out of your shift and dental.
Cons
Everything. Stay away and hold out for better.
The benefits are amazing! Job itself, not really.
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 24, 2016
Typical day at work:
-Answering numerous phone calls a day and helping customers with their problems with their online banking accounts.
-Customers tend to have an attitude when it comes to their accounts, so some of them will either curse you out to get their way.
-You HAVE to refer to your customers. Each and every one of them. NO EXCUSES. If you don't see something in their "bag," you have to think outside of the box to refer to your customer that you're assisting.
-Some of management are full of themselves and don't really help you.
Pros
amazing benefits, incentives, recognition, work-life balance
Cons
irritable customers, work environment