WellSpan Health Services Employee Reviews

A great place to work!
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Competitive salary, great benefits - a very caring organization. There are many opportunities to move up or change positions. They offer a great tuition reimbursement program as well.
Pros
great benefits
all okay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 4, 2017
no problems, some management issues that need worked out, too much gossiping about other people and their issues, should be more paying attention to their work in front of them.
Pros
local commute
Cons
management issues
Mediocre Management, Dislikes Young People
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Company was good until I switched to a clinical position, management was full of themselves and definitely played favorites. Hardest part of the job was walking 10+ miles a day, most enjoyable part of the job was the pay. Pay was $5 more an hour than industry average, benefits were flawless, cafeteria food was affordable and pretty good.
Cons
Short breaks, rude colleagues
Great Company Benefits
Coder/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoy my co workers and love working for Wellspan however I came into a position that was newly created and there isn't enough busy work available for me so I find myself trying to fill in the gaps.
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Large hospital easy to fall through the cracks
Great place to work.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Long hours.Physically demanding.Learned about surgical instruments and sterilization. Went to management to voice concerns about amount of weight lifting was expected.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Physically demanding
Program Development of Preventive Cardiology Services
Preventative Cardiology Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Assisted as one of the first Nurse Practitioners for the WellSpan organization and assisted Senior Leadership and worked closely with Cardiologist to develop Preventive Cardiology care services. Services included programs serving patients with Congestive Heart Care, post-operative Stent care, CVS Preventive care, Lipid Management and Anticoagulation therapy management. Also, did community teaching on Women's Cardiac Health, the number one leading cause of death in women. Assisted in the development of the Women's Heart Center as well.
Wellspan Summary
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at work can sometimes be okay depending how pack the hospital is with patients. I have learned a lot about handling different situations better then the way I was handling.
Pros
M-F Steady Job/ Boss does a good job with handling the department
Cons
Poor communication
Great compensation/benefits
Patient Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 10, 2017
Overall Wellspan as a whole is a great place for compensation/benefits. Intense work place. Friendly atmosphere, competitive, enjoyable coworkers, great patients.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Negative Supervisors
productive
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 27, 2016
Under direct supervision of the Manager-Access Center, registers and schedules patients in advance via telephone for services provided throughout WellSpan. Uses exceptional customer service practices. Represents WellSpan in a professional and positive manner. Answers and manages a high volume of fast paced incoming phone calls to the center. Provides exceptional customer service at all times by identifying and addressing patient needs in a professional, positive, and caring manner. Conducts patient interviews by telephone to collect accurate demographic and financial information to complete registrations in advance for services provided throughout all of WellSpan. Patients initiate the phone call to the center. Special services manages process of internet registrations and any mail in forms such as OB Pre-admit Forms submitted by patients and responds appropriately back to patient with necessary information and instructions. Enters and maintains detailed information on confidential records for patients in various computer systems. Contacts physician offices or other WellSpan departments when necessary to obtain additional information on behalf of the patient to ensure continuity of care. Schedules general imaging studies, screening mammograms, EKGs, dexa scans and calcium scoring exams as needed at time of registration.
Review Summary
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 22, 2016
Center for Mind/Body Health Department was very unorganized. Employees were excluded from many of the benefits offered to other departments. Job description was inaccurate.
Pros
Working for a reputable company
Cons
Unorganized department
great place to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 23, 2016
When I first moved to the area I heard great things about working at Wellspan and that is why I applied to work there. My coworkers are awesome couldn't ask for a better second family away from my actual family. However working nights you find the staff short handed and most of the machines don't work. Management in wellspan really needs to step up because honestly I feel like its falling short or at least in my department alone.
Cons
management
Productive and good work ethics
Unit Secretary/Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 16, 2016
Great place to work. Encouragement through various training efforts to improve employee skills. Help towards career advancement and good benefits
Cons
A brand world I knew nothing about
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 2, 2016
I enjoyed a lot of aspects , I also taught myself to be a lot more patient with people, most co works were good to work with.
I enjoyed the fact that some were able to be healed enough to go on to a more productive life
Pros
A different type of nursing
Cons
Not enough time in a day
Great E.O.E
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 27, 2016
Great place to work and advance in different areas of interest. A very prestige work environment with great management and employees. The job itself is very rewarding.
Fun, fast skilled work place
CMA (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 24, 2016
I attend to the patient and care for them with the best of my ability. I am responsible for getting the patient ready for the doctor, charting what the doctor may need to know. I get the patients vital signs and height and weight. I also make sure the patient is up to date on immunization. If the patient is not, I then give the patient the immunizations needed. I love my job and interacting with the patients and doctors.
Its Horrible place to work
Physics (Former Employee) –  yorkAugust 7, 2016
You never when they can fire you even after next day of your joining they can fire. Within one week without giving me any support in the transition I was fired.
Pros
Cons
They can under rate your abilities and frame case against you.
Great Hospital
PACS/RIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 4, 2016
Large regional hospital with great patient care standards with cutting edge technology. Radiology division is second to none in the area.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
awesome place
intern (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAAugust 4, 2016
i only intern there but i wish i worked there. i love it there, because everyone was friendly and i had the best boss ever. other than that they didn't have an opening so i did not get a job there.
Unfair hiring practices
Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 26, 2016
While interviewing you are too old, over quilified or under qualified. Hire from within, outsiders forget about it unless you know someone. They have been this way for years.
Pros
Total waste of time
Cons
Nothing if they dont give everyone a chance
Discrimination runs rampant
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 8, 2016
Wellspan gives great lip service to being patient centered.Yet, decisions are made for the good of the leadership, not the patient. Staff is poorly treated and supervisors play favorites. Patient services are randomly eliminated for budget reasons. Clinical staff and physicians are overworked and under appreciated. Administration and management always receive bonuses and annual increases, while employees get minimal incentives, if any (movie passes or umbrellas with the Wellspan logo hardly show appreciation). HR turns a blind eye to departments with great staff that are leaving because issues are ignored and leadership is absent. Rules are randomly enforced. Mature workers are singled out and forced out. HR has the attitude that "there are always other warm bodies willing to do your job." Dedicated employees are ignored and made to feel invisible. Those that stay have the passion for the job slowly bled out of them. After 15 years of service, I can say I have observed a continual erosion of care- for the patient and the employee. Suggestions for improvement are dismissed. There are more committees than resolutions or problems solved. I am left wondering: does anyone care? As the monopoly in the region, they get away with whatever they can, as there are few alternatives to choose from.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Ineffective leadership, discrimination, lack of appreciation, NOT patient centered care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

WellSpan Health Services Reviews by Location