WellSpan Health Services Employee Reviews

I enjoy working at WellSpan
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Working with WellSpan Health was a great experience. I would continue my career there however, medical abstracting as well as medical transcription have been eliminated. I currently work third shift in my home and would enjoy a position of that nature
Pros
working from home
Cons
job ended due to new software
Relaxed environment with an emphasis on customer satisfaction
Logistics and Distributions Tech Internship (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 10, 2018
The typical day was all about improving the nursing stations to make it more efficient to find products.
I learned a lot more about excel and how to perform process improvement in the field
The management started off unorganized but when i left they were on a great track
Its a nice place to work, but management leaves a lot to be desired.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Management is never available when needed and when they are available, they really never want to help. They seem to be too busy working reports.

You are assigned tasks that are to be another employee's job, but because they don't want to do their job and get out of doing their job, you get stuck doing their job.
Exceptional Team oriented company and benefits
Medical Office Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, NJJanuary 8, 2018
WellSpan offers a highly supportive work environment with educational support and exceptional benefits. Productive and responsive team leadership and management.
Wouldn't recommed
Physician's Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Benefits are amazing. But you can't base employee satisfaction on just good benefits. Pay isn't good, management is normally horrible and you are made to feel as though you need to go over and above all the time. The company won't do the same for you.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list
A place where I could be a help which made it enjoyable
Physican Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for the System. I felt that I was fairly compensated for the work that I did and appreciated. Co workers, providers and patient's were the highlight of my day.
Pros
Patient contact and the challenges of the job
Cons
More than one person needing assistance at the same time
Horrible management.
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wellspan General SurgeryJanuary 3, 2018
Wellspan created a horrible place to work after being with my office for 19 years before being acquired by Wellspan 3 years ago. I was forced to take a $4 an hour pay cut. Management had no idea what they were doing. DO NOT voice your opinion, you will be fired.

It is really a shame that they took a very good running office and turned it into complete chaos. Many of our long term patients would ask what is going on, why is there always someone new in the office. You are simply a number no matter how long or hard you have worked in your position.

The only good thing about the practice is the physicians and it is a shame that they work to hard for a horrible employer.
SENIOR MEDICAL REVIEW ANALYST (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 27, 2017
WellSpan Health likes to help their employees. I really really like the management team at WellSpan. They treat employees fairly and make sure to call attention to those that deserve it,
Pros
Wellness benefit
Cons
no where to move up
Quality Care
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  PADecember 26, 2017
The culture is good. Patient focused care. The healthcare landscape is becoming so competitive. Wellspan recongizes the importance of maintaining a competitive advantage and is investing heavily in talent.
Pros
Gaining knowledge and experience
Consultant
USA Scheduling Consultant (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 21, 2017
As a consultant this was a great place to work. Almost everyone I came in contact with was very friendly and it was a team effort no matter who I worked with.
Wellspan Health
Physician Billing Service (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 18, 2017
Working for Wellspan health has given me a great jump starts in my career in the health field. The benefits that offer are top notch and very affordable. The employee benefits are great and have many perks to savings on activities such as Hershey park, etc.
Wellspan is a great company overall with excellent benefits.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 13, 2017
I really enjoy my job with Wellspan and the ability to help patients when they need it. creating a comforting and comfortable atmosphere for the patients is top priority. And the benefits are excellent.
Pros
Only working three days a week, the excellent benefits
Cons
Sometimes a 12 hour shift can be exhausting
Poor Leadership and Supervision
Physician Office Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 8, 2017
I have a lot of respect for the Physicians I worked for but the management and supervisors were highly over paid and under worked. I have never seen such a group of lazy people demand so much from their "hired" help
Great working environment
Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 2, 2017
The work environment at Wellspan is friendly. I have learned a lot working for Wellspan. My co-workers and management make coming to work a good experience even on stressful days. We are at the end of a large project and upper management was involved every step of the way in capacities upper management are not normally involved. The project was stressful but management provide a variety of opportunities to destress. There is room for learning and growth at Wellspan. Wellspan is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Opportunity for Growth
Work vs Family
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 26, 2017
Wellspan's policy of putting family first increased my desired to work my best to train Wellspan employees. They encouraged me to work hard without burning me out.
Pros/Cons
Lack of Support and Staff
Poor Communication
Patient Care needs Improvement
Enjoy the basic job
Call center representative (Current Employee) –  Worked from homeNovember 23, 2017
Editing for the imaging department only for 6 radiologists who have begun to do their own work so that there is a lot of down time in a very small room.
Pros
No one looking over my shoulder.
Cons
Lack of work a great deal of time.
Great Job
SENIOR ADMIN ASST (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 21, 2017
great place , missed the people there and the people overall. Florida is quite different. The company was wonderful and secure , I would actually try to get my job back but PA has snowy winters.
Great people and place to work.
Epic Willow Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 3, 2017
Everyone worked as a team. Great place to work. Great people to work with. Managers provided great support and all questions were promptly answered. Great experience.
overall wellspan is a good place to work
Nursing assistant/ Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 31, 2017
I like working for wellspan I just need more of a salary
I loved the schedule was very flexible with my home life and night shift coworkers worked as a team Insurance and benefits are great
wellspan is always having classes and testing you on the ability of your job can pick up anywehere extra hours in the hospital and have OT
Pros
love coworkers
Cons
no breaks and if did were interupted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellSpan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

WellSpan Health Services Reviews by Location