WellSpan Health Services

WellSpan Health Services Employer Reviews

Easy job for young employee
Tray Service Worker (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
This job got me in the door of Wellspan. It was really rewarding to prepare food trays for the patients.
Integrated Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
Administrative Director (Current Employee), York, pAJuly 14, 2014
WellSpan is a forward thinking integrated healthcare organization focused on excellence in patient care and quickly adapting to delivery models appropriate in a value based purchasing environment. I would highly recommend them as a place to work and have appreciated the opportunities and learning experiences WellSpan has provided to me.
productive and busy day
Patient Services Specialist I (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 9, 2014
register patients input insurance information make doctor calls
Demanding job with improper training
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMay 27, 2014
Drama, and miscommunication daily. Not enough training to perform the job safely and accurately.
Good benefits, but inefficient work environment
Manager (Current Employee), York, PAMay 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits, okay pay
Cons: things get done slowly, if at all
Too many meetings with no real outcome or goal - precious time wasted instead of spent on actual work. A lot of great employees and well-meaning leadership, but very inefficient.
Good health care system to work for
Radiation Therapist level ll (Current Employee), York, PAApril 27, 2014
Pros: salary, free parking, easy to access
Cons: not a lot of room for advancment
A very good company to work for. Job security, benefits and salary are good for the area. Moderate to large department with high patient volume with modern equipment
busy office where everyone pitches in
Physician's Office Assistant (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAApril 17, 2014
Pros: job is very flexible
Cons: not enough staff
busy medical office where everyone pitches in and helps out where necessary. The hardest part is keeping patients happy, but our office is a friendly environment.
Fun dealing with psychiatric clients
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: nice dealing with the psychiatric clients
Cons: often had to deal with older clients with dementia
An OK place to work
Was physically abused by dementia clients nightly
Wonderful co-workers
Lead Medical Record Analyst (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PADecember 7, 2013
Wellspan Health provides wonderful health care benefits but is lacking in compensation.
Excellent work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), York and Gettysburg paDecember 2, 2013
Busy ... always work to be done which I love. Also very much enjoy patient contact.
Productive/ fun
Mammographer/Radiographer (Current Employee), York, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: not being offered full time employment
I enjoy working with everyone at this company. I've learned so much here at Wellspan Imaging. When I started as a technologist I was used to film/ screen Radiography, but since being employed with Wellspan I have learned Digital , PAC's all computer information. I am so happy to have given the opportunity to work here. The hardest part of my job is – more... to leave. At this time I'm a prn, but would love Full time work. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with . I will miss them. – less
Rather not
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), York, PANovember 6, 2013
This company seems like a great place to work at first but it is very political, who you know not what you know.
Typical day
Patient Services Specialist-Gettysburg Hospital (Current Employee), Gettysburg PAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: no two stories are the same
Cons: pay, no advancement
The typical day at work would be to clock in and start to work right a way. It's always busy and never dull moments. My co-workers for the most part are great. You always have one that will question everything and start an arguement about everything. I have learned so much from this job. Examples would be office skills I didn't have before, Customer – more... Service, How to be apart of a team. I enjoy the job being aroudn the patients is what keeps me wanting to come to work. There is never any two stories that are the same. I do not like the fact that the position that I am in here at Wellspan is that there is no advancement in this department unless you become a nurse/doctor. – less
Good Place to work
F.T. Radiologic Technologist (Radiographer) (Current Employee), York, PAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good employee benefits
A good health care organization in York County.
As a radiographer I performed diagnostic imaging procedures for inpatient, outpatient, emergency/trauma, and operation rooms.
Great company in SouthCentral PA
Director - Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Central PennsylvaniaOctober 1, 2013
Excellent team! Working to expand services to meet the needs of the community.
No concern for employees whatsoever
refuse to mention for fear of retaliation (Current Employee), York, HospitalSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: many benefits, good retirement plan, overtime always available.
Cons: unprofessional, drama in every department, favoritism, supervisor retaliation, boarderline harassment
I work full time and pick up about 40 hours of overtime a month. I perform my duties properly and efficiently as well as getting along with my coworkers. I am honest and loyal with good moral values.
The only good thing about wellspan is the benefits. Apart from that, every department will stab you in the back on a whim. Mainly because your coworkers – more... think it will get them ahead. People tell me that five years ago this place felt like a home and was pleasant to work for. Now, wellspan has spread across York county and become only business oriented.
I was denied time off for almost ever family life event in my time here, including the request I put in for 6 months in advance. The supervisors have their favorite employees which practically get away with everything. I called off work 2 times in my employment here. The first was protected under the FMLA because I was hospitalized. The second was because time off was denied for me. I was immediately written up and demeaned the next day by my supervisors. Told that a suspension would follow because I showed complete disregard for my department. Mind you, other coworkers of mine did the same thing and nothing happened to them. HR took my supervisors side before I was even given the chance to explain. I was aiming to get a few years working here but am now searching for other employment.
The above mentioned was just the last straw for me. The departments are not properly staffed, turnover is high, employees are hostile, supervisors ignore performance improvement suggestions, departmental moral is low, equipment is either missing or near broken, leadership is run by force and fear.
Additionally, with Obamacare coming and departments forced to make cuts you will be lucky to keep your job anymore. – less
Enjoyed Working with other Co-Workers
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), East Berlin Fire Department.September 18, 2013
Enjoyed working for this organization. Large Organization that assisted with education to better self. Unfortunately the organization is eliminating my position at the end of the year.
Work/ Home Balance
Nursing Assistant/ Full Time (Current Employee), York, PASeptember 2, 2013
Wellspan is a nice place to work. They have great benefits, however with the off shifts that are worked there is no great balance between work and family home life. Having children myself this is very important to me.
All in all, Wellspan was a good place to work, but needed better organization and supervision. Benefits were excellent.
Central Sterile Processing Technician I (Former Employee), York, PaAugust 12, 2013
Pros: benefit package
Cons: not enough staff for work being put out.
A typical day at work included much chaos. Not enough staff for the work being performed. Very unorganized and supervision lacked common sense.
Be vigilant in your applications
Anatomic Pathology Medical Secretary (Current Employee), York, PAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: excellent medical benefits. very affordable.
It took 5 months to get hired. After 100 applications, I finally had 2 interviews. Second one hired me.

9000 empolyees