WellSpan Health Services

WellSpan Health Services Employer Reviews

Wonderful co-workers
Lead Medical Record Analyst (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PADecember 7, 2013
Wellspan Health provides wonderful health care benefits but is lacking in compensation.
Excellent work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), York and Gettysburg paDecember 2, 2013
Busy ... always work to be done which I love. Also very much enjoy patient contact.
Productive/ fun
Mammographer/Radiographer (Current Employee), York, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: not being offered full time employment
I enjoy working with everyone at this company. I've learned so much here at Wellspan Imaging. When I started as a technologist I was used to film/ screen Radiography, but since being employed with Wellspan I have learned Digital , PAC's all computer information. I am so happy to have given the opportunity to work here. The hardest part of my job is – more... to leave. At this time I'm a prn, but would love Full time work. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with . I will miss them. – less
Rather not
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), York, PANovember 6, 2013
This company seems like a great place to work at first but it is very political, who you know not what you know.
Typical day
Patient Services Specialist-Gettysburg Hospital (Current Employee), Gettysburg PAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: no two stories are the same
Cons: pay, no advancement
The typical day at work would be to clock in and start to work right a way. It's always busy and never dull moments. My co-workers for the most part are great. You always have one that will question everything and start an arguement about everything. I have learned so much from this job. Examples would be office skills I didn't have before, Customer – more... Service, How to be apart of a team. I enjoy the job being aroudn the patients is what keeps me wanting to come to work. There is never any two stories that are the same. I do not like the fact that the position that I am in here at Wellspan is that there is no advancement in this department unless you become a nurse/doctor. – less
Good Place to work
F.T. Radiologic Technologist (Radiographer) (Current Employee), York, PAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good employee benefits
A good health care organization in York County.
As a radiographer I performed diagnostic imaging procedures for inpatient, outpatient, emergency/trauma, and operation rooms.
Great company in SouthCentral PA
Director - Clinical Operations (Current Employee), Central PennsylvaniaOctober 1, 2013
Excellent team! Working to expand services to meet the needs of the community.
No concern for employees whatsoever
refuse to mention for fear of retaliation (Current Employee), York, HospitalSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: many benefits, good retirement plan, overtime always available.
Cons: unprofessional, drama in every department, favoritism, supervisor retaliation, boarderline harassment
I work full time and pick up about 40 hours of overtime a month. I perform my duties properly and efficiently as well as getting along with my coworkers. I am honest and loyal with good moral values.
The only good thing about wellspan is the benefits. Apart from that, every department will stab you in the back on a whim. Mainly because your coworkers – more... think it will get them ahead. People tell me that five years ago this place felt like a home and was pleasant to work for. Now, wellspan has spread across York county and become only business oriented.
I was denied time off for almost ever family life event in my time here, including the request I put in for 6 months in advance. The supervisors have their favorite employees which practically get away with everything. I called off work 2 times in my employment here. The first was protected under the FMLA because I was hospitalized. The second was because time off was denied for me. I was immediately written up and demeaned the next day by my supervisors. Told that a suspension would follow because I showed complete disregard for my department. Mind you, other coworkers of mine did the same thing and nothing happened to them. HR took my supervisors side before I was even given the chance to explain. I was aiming to get a few years working here but am now searching for other employment.
The above mentioned was just the last straw for me. The departments are not properly staffed, turnover is high, employees are hostile, supervisors ignore performance improvement suggestions, departmental moral is low, equipment is either missing or near broken, leadership is run by force and fear.
Additionally, with Obamacare coming and departments forced to make cuts you will be lucky to keep your job anymore. – less
Enjoyed Working with other Co-Workers
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), East Berlin Fire Department.September 18, 2013
Enjoyed working for this organization. Large Organization that assisted with education to better self. Unfortunately the organization is eliminating my position at the end of the year.
Work/ Home Balance
Nursing Assistant/ Full Time (Current Employee), York, PASeptember 2, 2013
Wellspan is a nice place to work. They have great benefits, however with the off shifts that are worked there is no great balance between work and family home life. Having children myself this is very important to me.
All in all, Wellspan was a good place to work, but needed better organization and supervision. Benefits were excellent.
Central Sterile Processing Technician I (Former Employee), York, PaAugust 12, 2013
Pros: benefit package
Cons: not enough staff for work being put out.
A typical day at work included much chaos. Not enough staff for the work being performed. Very unorganized and supervision lacked common sense.
Be vigilant in your applications
Anatomic Pathology Medical Secretary (Current Employee), York, PAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: excellent medical benefits. very affordable.
It took 5 months to get hired. After 100 applications, I finally had 2 interviews. Second one hired me.

9000 empolyees
The opportunities are endless.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), York, PAJune 27, 2013
Pros: benefits are amazing
Cons: no wiggle room for family emergencies, if you are in nursing
This is a very difficult place to get into, but once you are employed, you have endless opportunities for advancement. I wish I had never left.
Good place to work - Excellent benefits
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), York, PAApril 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: some managers
I really did enjoy working for Wellspan. Aside from some issues you'd find at any other job, it is a good place to work.
Largest employer in York County
Supervisor - IT Operations (Current Employee), 45 Monument Road, York PA 17403April 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: left-leaning upper management, can sometimes act as the local neighbohood bully with neighbors like memorial.
It's not so much what you do, but who you do it with that makes the difference between an enjoyable work experience and otherwise.
Hectic... Not well organized
First Cook (Current Employee), Gettysburg, Pa.April 12, 2013
Pros: 1 free meal a day, health care.
Cons: not enough employees for the amount of work there is to do.
I went from having 10 co-workers to having 1 when I am lucky. It is not organized, there is no team work. Ever since I started working there, I am depressed all the time.
Best quality health care provider in York County.
Case Management Chart Review Nurse (Former Employee), York, PAApril 1, 2013
Pros: good salary and benefits.
Cons: management in the care management department.
The day started with checking the computer for names of late pickups of Medical Assistance patients to gather the required information to provide to Medical Assistance via phone to get approval for payment. Then check if new inpatients with current MA that would require the same preparation. When this was completed, the task of writing off claims that – more... we had exhausted our levels of appeal. This may have been due to being readmitted within 30 days or because of the benefit package the patient carried. Also much time was spent, phoning insurance companies to learn specifics as to why health care claims hadn't been paid. At times the error was easily corrected and the claim was then paid. Over time I learned MA regulations, Medicare regulations, and the same for many third party payers. My co-workers were a joy to collaborate with to be able to meet compliance. The hardest part of the job was the management staff who had a clique with a few of the staff and it made many days quite uncomfortable. Also there was much stress over trying to get all of the different facets of the work completed in a timely manner. I enjoyed the work that I did as I work well on my own and am goal driven. – less
Productive and friendly work environment
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Actively monitor site activity to ensure safety and security of all employees and visitors.
Overworked, Understaffed & Underpaid
Financial Caseworker - Customer Service Dept (Former Employee), York HospitalFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: york hospital employees were very friendly
Cons: lack of training, very stressful and not a stable position, management does not care about their employees and are only out for themselves, management can not be trusted.
Being managed by the Billing/Customer Service Dept. (which is located at a separate office building) This department is run by managers who do not care about their employees. Once I was hired I had found out that my position had been a revolving door. I was encouraged to communicate any problems or concerns I had; that former employees failed to do – more... so which led to their poor performance. Early on I noticed serious operational problems with the position and brought this up as soon as appropriate. I was initially praised, then thrown under a bus. I found out that my issues and concerns had been brought up before, yet nothing was done to make improvements. The empty promises of having an office assistant and workers at other office locations to help with the case load was soon followed by threats of termination. The department threatens all employees with termination to manipulate them into taking on as much work as they feel necessary. One way they do this is by extending probationary periods for new employees, so that can can hang fear of termination over their head. Instead of motivating the employee to work harder and WITH management, it creates the Us Vs Them mentality and you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know it's only a matter of time before you are terminated; when it is suitable for the department to cover your position- then placing the burden on other employees. – less
I have enjoyed 23 years at Wellspan Health.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), York, PAFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: the m-f work week, good co-workers, great clients!
I work with a great team who have the common goal of giving our clients the best care possible.