WellSpan Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Discrimination runs rampant
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 8, 2016
Wellspan gives great lip service to being patient centered.Yet, decisions are made for the good of the leadership, not the patient. Staff is poorly treated and supervisors play favorites. Patient services are randomly eliminated for budget reasons. Clinical staff and physicians are overworked and under appreciated. Administration and management always receive bonuses and annual increases, while employees get minimal incentives, if any (movie passes or umbrellas with the Wellspan logo hardly show appreciation). HR turns a blind eye to departments with great staff that are leaving because issues are ignored and leadership is absent. Rules are randomly enforced. Mature workers are singled out and forced out. HR has the attitude that "there are always other warm bodies willing to do your job." Dedicated employees are ignored and made to feel invisible. Those that stay have the passion for the job slowly bled out of them. After 15 years of service, I can say I have observed a continual erosion of care- for the patient and the employee. Suggestions for improvement are dismissed. There are more committees than resolutions or problems solved. I am left wondering: does anyone care? As the monopoly in the region, they get away with whatever they can, as there are few alternatives to choose from.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Ineffective leadership, discrimination, lack of appreciation, NOT patient centered care
my experience at york hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  presently 4SWMay 2, 2016
I have worked for wellspan for 21 years I have experienced all ends of the spectrum as a certified nursing assistant I love my patients and they are first and foremost the most important factor in your job.what I enjoy is my time talking to the patients listening to their stories good or bad its very important to listen and with that being said wishing there was more time more individual time staffing is always short night shift more team work is an important factor in the nursing field which doesn't happen where I am presently working, lack of communication being another. I feel in my heart that I need to look for employment elsewhere because the worst thing you can do is go to work everyday not happy I have commuted for 21 years would like to get something closer to home in md you always love your patients and do the best that you can for them no matter what the circumstances
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
short staffing, no communication, no teamwork
Not good for housekeeping they will hire anyone
Former employee wellspan ephrata (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAApril 23, 2016
Housekeeping manager is impossible to work for or even talk to all housekeepers are over worked and very stressed she dose not listen to employees and yells alot
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor management
good culture
Senior Residency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 24, 2016
they really care about their employees and it shows.
great benefits and reasonable cost.

Just to be aware, they spend on some items - but are very cheap on others (furniture for the offices)

Some doctors are extremely arrogant, but overall, most are just really good people.

The culture is certainly not that of a university hospital, but rather homey....comfortable....like patients and employees can relax, and have honest conversations, without all the stress.
Pros
fun perks and wellness benefits
Cons
some co-workers can be difficult but that is anywhere.
Do not work for orthopedics!
Physician Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 22, 2016
Terrible unprofessional managment creating an extremely toxic enviroment. Forced to do work load well beyond your pay grade. You will be treated like a small child if you bring any issue up that they do not want to hear or don't have the knowledge to answer. No one is safe and anyone can lose their job over a personal vendetta. Save years of your life and do not apply here. Turn over rate is astonishing.
Cons
Everyone finds their own way
Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 8, 2016
one practice has been falling for quite sometime patients notice it along with staff and instead of removing the problem they decide to keep the problem and let great workers go.
my most satisfying job
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Enjoyed managing employees, giving excellent customer service to the patients. I was a working supervisor, worked side by side with the employees. This by far was my most satisfying job of all.
Pros
Working w/ the employees and giving great satisfaction to patients
Cons
I do not have any cons
Wellspan health
Patient Administrative Specialist and Billing (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 19, 2016
This company, has certainly brought light to my eyes. I have expierience a lot and learned a lot in such a short period of time, I have expressed my leadership ability and have been managed up for my team spirit. Working at WellSpan has been an honor and has certainly expanded my knowledge with patient care and billing. My customer service expierience is certainly excellerated and is something I am joyous of. Helping people is my passion, and I enjoy waking up everymorning knowing that I will make a difference.
Organization with a good vision
Reinsurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 26, 2015
Excellent organization with good benefits. Loved the attention to detail, experience with medical claims and reinsurance about the job. Enjoyed the customer service interactions with agents, clients and reinsurance carriers.

Enjoyed the work and my coworkers
Pros
Excellent benefits; great coworkers
Cons
Concern regarding business retention for the company
great reputation
Clinical Nurse-medical/pulmonary/telemetry floor (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 11, 2015
I worked within one hospital that is part of Wellspan Health Corporation. There are many dedicated healthcare professionals that remain within the corporation and are the reason for its reputation. For many this is a company that you can work your way up in and become successful at whatever you chose. Many of my colleagues had very humble beginnings and now are some of the award-winners in their particular fields. My co-workers have all been great and I still keep in touch with some of them. For many of us, this is like an extended family. It is a large corporation so there are some of the challenges that come with that, but under most circumstances, there couldn't be a better group of people to work with.
Great co-workers
Transporter (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 30, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and staff. There was a lot of variety in what we did everyday. The co-workers were some of the best I've ever worked with.
Nobody seems to know what they are doing
POCA 1 (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PANovember 9, 2015
Was employed as a POCA I. The staff were friendly at first, but then everything changed. They tell you up front you have up to six months to learn the position; however this changes quickly. After only being there a little over a month I was expected to know and do all the duties that the girls that have been there for years were doing. They don't care about family and they don't believe family comes first. I had several instances involving family and it was held against me. The pay is really low compared to other jobs I've had in the medical field. The benefits are very good. Other than that I would not recommend this place to anyone looking for employment in the medical field.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No work/family balance. Workers and management want you to know it all right away.
I always enjoyed working with this company .
Physician office clinical assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 2, 2015
We had work activities, always stayed busy at this place, everyday was always different from patients to doctors and schedules. I learned something new all the time while at this job.
Pros
i worked 4 twn hour days, and enjoyed my job
Cons
I cant think of any.
N/a
Inventory Management Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Overall good company
Review Summary
IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2015
Work 8 hrs, 2nd Shift. Follow scheduling procedures, work through problems that arise. Monitor all systems for accuracy.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good People to work with
Cons
need 1st shift
Great place to work!!
Phlebotomist, Lab Technician, (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 2, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone is very helpful and understanding. Wish I could have been hired as a full time employee. Management is excellent!
A good employer for the York PA area.
Retail Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 22, 2015
If you want to work in the Community Pharmacy Industry, do not apply. Management is a joke and works and treats you like you just entered the first grade. Actually you would be treated better in the first grade.
Benefits
Cons
Pharmacy Management.
Excellent benefits
Referral Specialist II (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 5, 2015
Excellent benefits and free massage/acupuncture therapy for employees. Opportunities for advancement and incentives. Multiple locations available for employment.
It is o k
Registration specialist (Current Employee) –  Heart and vascularAugust 13, 2015
There is not a lot of room for advancement in certain fields or areas of work. It is very hard to jungle this place of employment and home life
Great 1st Job
Full Time Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 7, 2015
Great location with regards to benefits for 1st job. Not very much upward movement if desired. Great benefits and student refund bonus.

WellSpan Health Services Reviews by Location