WellSpan Health Services

WellSpan Health Services Employee Reviews

Fast Pace
Physician Office Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), York, PAMay 18, 2015
This job is very pace filled with lot of drug testing for multiple businesses. The time always went quickly unless it was not busy. I enjoyed the people I worked with
Good people, understanding management but hard work.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), York, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: physical work
A typical day starts out with the parking lot finding a spot was always fun. Sitting down before the sift started, talking with co-workers and grabbing some free food before we head in to start the day. Figuring out what jobs we are assigned to do that day (always changed) and set off to work. Pretty strait forwarder, the jobs we where given, little to explain but most where very physical. Co-workers where fun and friendly. Management was kind and listened to what you had to say.
No employee respect or fair employement
Emergency Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), York, PAMay 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: all of the rest
No respect for employees, don't follow company policies, the only way to keep a job is to be liked by everyone or you become a target, Management is horrible and never able to be found or help.
Professional environment, emphasis on high standards
Contractor (Current Employee), Indian Rock Dam Road OfficeApril 19, 2015
I joined WellSpan in the last few months of their Windows 7 upgrade. I was one of a few contractors that was given a new contract for one year.
WellSpan is a huge learning curve with nearly 1000 different software titles to support. Management is very supportive and is interested in quality over quantity. They are genuinely interested in all employees/contractors and will bend over backwards to promote a great work environment.
Education and Experience can lead to professional growth.
Physician Office Assistant (Current Employee), East Berlin, PAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: efficient, organized, committed.
Cons: all the changes in health care that are confusing to patients.
I work with one of the most professional, compassionate and hard working groups.

There is no such thing as a typical day. Our office has 6 providers and one Physicians Assistant. There is no such thing as a typical day. We are constantly changing directions from helping patients check in, to walk-in patients trying to make appointments with specialists, answering calls from other provider offices, to helping with referrals.

The hardest part of of my job is it never seems like there is enough time. However, trying to make each patients visit as positive and comfortable as I possibly can is my always my goal. Before a patient leaves our office I always ask is there anything else I can do for you today.
Productive and Fun Working Enviornment
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: quarter off coupons, to be relieved of duties fifteen minutes early
Cons: policies on emergencies
Each Day was fun and productive, with working personally with physicians, registered nurses, medical aides, and management staff. There were ongoing team building exercises, with an emphasis through Wellspan of conducting an excellent, professional, fun, team, and communicating environment for all staff and patients.
Productive home environment for the past 20 years.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: worked at home.
Cons: i can't really think of a con except for maybe eat at your desk lunches.
My typical day would be transcribing reports for a multitude of physicians and PA's. Making certain that the reports were sent thru to the floors where the patient's charts were. For the rehab hospital it was essentially the same, transcribe reports, proofread and send the reports thru in a timely and efficient manner.
Read the fine print on your policies
Physician Office Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), York, PADecember 19, 2014
Pros: excellent health benefits and pto
Cons: pto has to be scheduled so you are penalized for getting sick.
For a healthcare organization they tend to care less about what their employees lives outside of work and the health concerns they might be dealing with.
Atypical day involves going into an office and having a list of task that need to asap, while trying to room patients and looking for errors in your schedule. Then you are handed a folder of work that the provider took home the day before that needs to be filed along with all of the request that are currently coming into the office. Also if your provider runs late then you are expected to stay sometimes 1-2 hours past your clock out time to help them and then get yelled at later in the week because they want to complain about overtime.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the patients and their appreciation of everything that I do for them.
Excellent place to work
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee), York, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: challenging job (i love that) and the entire team
Cons: i didn't get to leave my desk much, but i really don't consider it a con it was just what i had to do.
My typical day at work was making sure the my boss the president of the hospital's schedule was good, took care of whatever the Joint Comission and DOH needed, took and composed minutes for the Board and other Executive meetings. Put together banquets, agendas, travel arrangements, handled the patient care line which is where patients or their families can call and talk about their hospital experience. I would then make sure that the right people got the information so that they could receive the proper answer.
Difficult balance between work/ life
Staff Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), York, PADecember 5, 2014
Lots of on call with many call backs. Would not recommend long term
great learning experience
Clinical experience (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 16, 2014
great learning xprience

clinical hours

offices and ER

interesting cases
A growing healthcare facility with great benifits.
Patient Registrar (Current Employee), York, PAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Working at Wellspan is enjoyable. The people are great and they are very focused on patient care
A very patient centered atmospher.
Access Coordinator Gettysburg Hospital (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility of working hours
Cons: favoritism within direct leadership
Supervision of 22 staff members including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, evaluations, policy and procedure creation/updates, process improvements.
Most challenging part of the position was trying to maintain a balance of office and on floor needs. Working a regular shift, but also being on call 24/7.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the patients and their families. Knowing that at the end of the day you have succeeded in helping those who cannot help themselves.
Teamplayer
Housekeeping (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: didn't pay very well for the amount of work that needed to be done
Good Environment and good working team. The most enjoyable part of the day was working alongside my coworkers. We all connected and have a good time doing our job.
love
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), York, PASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: coworkers, benifits
Cons: pay rate
York Hospital is a wonderful place to work being float i get to work with so many different people and expirence alot.
Patient Centered Medical Home
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), York PAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, awesome staff
Cons: 30 minute lunches
I assisted physicians, nurses and other medical personnel in providing excellent patient care. This company offers a number of continuing education courses making it easy to stay up to date in healthcare. My supervisor was very dedicated to her job. Always willing to listen to the ideas of the clinicians on how to improve our work flow. The physicians were very helpful and never made you feel inadequate when asking questions. I learned that there are still genuine people in the world everyday from my co-workers. The atmosphere made you were working with family rather than co-workers.
Easy job for young employee
Tray Service Worker (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
This job got me in the door of Wellspan. It was really rewarding to prepare food trays for the patients.
Integrated Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
Administrative Director (Current Employee), York, pAJuly 14, 2014
WellSpan is a forward thinking integrated healthcare organization focused on excellence in patient care and quickly adapting to delivery models appropriate in a value based purchasing environment. I would highly recommend them as a place to work and have appreciated the opportunities and learning experiences WellSpan has provided to me.
productive and busy day
Patient Services Specialist I (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 9, 2014
register patients input insurance information make doctor calls
Demanding job with improper training
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMay 27, 2014
Drama, and miscommunication daily. Not enough training to perform the job safely and accurately.

1 2 3