Wellspring Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

not a fun place to work, can be stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MISeptember 14, 2017
To many relatives, such as sisters and cousin, mother and daughter working on the same shift and on the same unit causing trouble. Nurses tend to pick on the newer staff and not the one who been there a long time. Very stressful. They ran a lot of good staff away from there.
Regretful Decision
Families First Worker (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 7, 2017
I regret accepting this position. I love serving families and they are genuinely the reason I love my job even just a little. The benefits are sub par, the pay is less than ideal for the requirements, and be prepared to work 50+ hours and only be paid for 40. Yes there are paid vacation days but good luck finding time to take those days because management is cut throat on the 24/7 on call procedure. The turnover is horrendous and now I understand why.
Great but tough
foster care case manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 26, 2017
Working at Wellspring Grand Rapids was a mixed experience. The work environment is very positive--the workers are incredible, and management has room to improve but is still pretty good. However, the demands of working in foster care are intense and that makes it too hard for all people to survive.
Really stressful job
Family First Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 9, 2017
The job is stressful. The pay is not good for what you have to do. The job is flexible in hours so that is really the only plus. You are on call 24/7.
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia woodsMay 12, 2017
Don't work here the management is bad they ride your back even though their always short staff. The pay rate is minimum wage and no teamwork . They constantly threatening to fire you. They tell the patient's and their family members to report you if you blink wrong. Very stressful work environment. The patient's are very demanding. The nurse's stay on the hall the whole shift to watch you and tell you what to do and all the nurse's have bad attitudes.
Pros
Cons
Very heavy work loads
Nursing is nursing
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48150May 6, 2017
This building could be a great place to work if management would let workers do their jobs and stop micro managing. Families love most of the staff, management should take that into account.
Pros
The residents are great.
Cons
Worst dirty place ever management is the worst only time things get done is when states in there because of neglect of there residents .
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMarch 11, 2017
Worst place i ever worked .i would not let them take care of my dog . its a painting place . its dirty it smells and management well there is none ....
Pros
States always there
Cons
Never no management there too help until states there
Wonderfull Residents Horrible managing and not safe place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Working with residents were easy.Working with management horrible.Coworkers were big bullys who were too entitled.Management never cares about their workers and constantly turned their noses up at staff.Management also has their favorites.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Lots of mobility
Families First Worker (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 7, 2017
Wellspring is a nice environment with active communication and supervisors who genuinely care about you. There are many opportunities to move up or laterally if your position is not a good fit.
Pros
Flexible, comfortable office, benefits.
Cons
Demanding work hours, emotionally draining.
Loved the work I was doing
UC Shelter Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 3, 2017
As a corporation, I liked what they were trying to accomplish, a great nonprofit, anytime I dealt with anyone outside of my branch, they were very nice, and genuine. However, I do feel that because the program I was in was so new, that things weren't 100% organized, and communication would be lacking between some coworkers in necessary areas. All in all, I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free Meals, Healthcare, Vacation Time
Good work load
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 9, 2016
The nurse expects for everyone to do her job. When u report bed sores and other issues, nothing is done. Drama be in the building but as long as you keep to yourself you won't be apart of it. Management sucks! Residents rocks..
Pros
Residents
Excellent Teamwork
RN (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 5, 2016
I have been working here for three years. The teamwork amongst the staff is unbelievable. Any time your having a rough day or are struggling every nurse is there to assist and cover what needs to be done. Nursing Management is willing to assist in their areas of expertise and the attendance policy is strict but fair. The pay is higher than most hospitals for RN's and the vacation time is good. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff that have been there for extended periods. They truly care about their residents and advocate for them on a daily basis. If you want to be involved with a team that is passionate about their patients and work well together, this is the place for you.
Felt teamwork was not possible.
Families First Worker (Former Employee) –  Belding, MISeptember 25, 2016
The company itself was good and they have very goo intentions. However when addressing issues with a current supervisor, I went I went unheard and how difficult and un- professional my supervisor was when taking to upper management. This was the deciding factor for me to leave this company, as I often felt misunderstood and unheard.
Not a good employer
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 19, 2016
Don't work or volunteer there. The agency does not communicate with new hires or potential applicants. Not a good Employer for anyone who wants to care for those in need.
Pros
Cons
No communication with employees, volunteers or applicants
Wouldn't recommend
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MISeptember 14, 2016
Always short handed with nurse and CNA's. You only get 6 days (points) to miss work in a year and only way it's excused is if you're admitted to the hospital. They play favorites to certain people especially day shift. There are 36 patients to one hall and one nurse. passes all meds, treatments, charting, not to mention if there is anything that goes wrong on the shift,, fall, injury, sending people to hospital. No room to move up in the company. If your looking for day shift you'll never get it.
Cons
If your a nurse you never have time for lunch unless you're on days.
Easy work
Emplyee (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 7, 2016
If your co- workers don't like you they will make your job and day stressful, the ones that have more seniority get away with it and have made people quit or get fired. however, Management should keep a close eye on the employees with seniority, constantly complaining about a pacific co- worker, can't keep a full staff?.
what i learned working here is, you cannot have a team player attitude with people that spend more time complaining about there employees and down grating everyone in their department. I feel it can be a great company if management stopped letting employees with seniority have to much power.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, no raises, point system, negative people.
Do not value employees
Families First Worker (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 7, 2016
There were people that worked within my specific office that were great people to work with. The upper management were the people that I did not feel respected the workers or properly listened to our issues. We were not finically compensated for working 40+ hours a week. Many workers were allowed to break the rules and get away with it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough pay. No leadership within management. Not valued. People allowed to break rules.
not enough hours
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alpena, MIJuly 18, 2016
The company seems not to be run correctly. They give shifts but than turn around and take them away. The hours aren't there, when you try to talk to one of the so called managers, they just give you a run around and don't explain anything or their logic to anything. I definitely don't recommend this job to or for anyone.
Terrible Place to work at
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 8, 2016
No one never comes to works, everyone always calling off. management plays favoritism to employees and picks on the one the don't like. management is horrible they don't like to help out at all. they never have enough of anything. this is just a terrible place to work
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Back turn over
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 3, 2016
The cna work together the 500 hall nurse don't help when you short but the other nurse help on other hall's the don she pick with people rude to all departments. Management is horrible they walk around see what you're not doing whenyou doing the best you can when you short make sure you have your nametag. You are always short on all shift you try to make the best of the day it's hard when you have 16 patients and the management asking you why you not doing this and doing that plus shower and meals .
Cons
No raise in pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellspring Lutheran Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7