Wellspring Lutheran Services

Wellspring Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

Very rude
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Fairview, MIJune 29, 2015
This place treats people with no respect whatsoever. treats its employees like children and looks for ways around doing things properly.
great work place
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 17, 2015
The staff was very warm and welcoming. They don't train new employees well. Great work atmosphere, but unprofessional at times.
good company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, MINovember 16, 2014
wellspring is a good company to work for. decent pay. Clean working enviroment.
Team leader life cut short
Team Leader for Family Reunification Program (Former Employee), Oak Park, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility, team approach, family activities (every month there was a theme-based activity for families at the location)
Cons: low pay (due to it being my first social work job), in-home (was not my ideal job for wayne county)
On a typical day as a team leader at wellspring consisted of providing in-home family counseling for families in the family reunification program. I learned in this job that you are just as much responsible for the family rejoining process as the family will be; the families will let you in their home, and rely on you teaching them how to be a family again, just as much as you rely on them to do their family work throughout the week. My co-workers and managers were amazing at what they did; this job is a team approach, so everything you do is discussed at least three times with three different people; the family was always in good care.
Bad company structure
Office Assistant (Former Employee), MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: residents are wonderful and they are well taken care of
Cons: management, pay/benefits
A lot of "cliques" and talking behind other peoples backs. Disorganized and low paying. They play favorites.
Awesome residents, Super Clean Facility, but plenty of disadvantages!!
CNA (Current Employee), Saginaw,MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: some residents will brighten your day right up!
Cons: low pay, lots of duties, very unorganized
Omg. This is one of the lowest paying jobs ever. House keeping got eliminated so now CNAs have to do their jobs. As a CNA, you have to be the nurse, dietary aide, house keeping, doctor (Pronouncing a person dead), n etc. The New schedules come out a day or 2 before the old schedule ends. Disorganization be at all times worst a lot of times. Supervisors be sleep. We have worked plenty of days short to protect the budget. The work load isn't heavy not one bit but the care of some people are very extensive where it gets dangerous n hectic without full staff. But other than that, it's a very CLEAN place to work, thanks to us Aides. Some of the residents are to die for. Oh n you get to eat what's cooked so that's a bonus :)
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Foster Care Case Aide (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, great supervision, warm office environment
Cons: abnormal schedule and hours
Throughout my time at Wellspring I have learned so much about the child welfare system. Some areas in which I learned a lot was documentation, client advocacy, client-worker relationships, boundaries, communication and working with a diverse population. Wellspring maintains a office environment that fosters relationships and continued growth in the field. My co workers have been amazing and the supervision I get has been very intentional and engaging.
Productive workplace caring for the residents
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 25, 2014
•Ability to multitask and effectively handle changing priorities.

•Highly developed oral and written communication skills.

•High level of strategic and analytical ability where problems are complex.

•Ability to work independently and take initiative.

•Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization and teamwork skills.

•Time Management

•Customer Service

•Scheduling
The people you meet here are great.
LPN (Current Employee), Frankenmuth, MIMarch 24, 2014
This is an enjoyable place to work, and you get to meet alot of wonderful residents.

About Wellspring Lutheran Services

For over 120 years, we've been in the business of serving people. During this time, we've engaged with thousands of people of – Read more

Wellspring Lutheran Services Salaries