WellStar Atlanta Medical Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Struggling hospital / Great coworkers
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
AMC Hospital recently was acquired by Wellstar& has made some physical improvements but nurses are not paid the same at AMC as they are throughout the Wellstar system. Coworkers are ok. Career progression is not a priority and raises are very minimal. I worked here for 2years and barely received a $1 raise. The hospital is just not very competitive compared to other hospitals in the area. One plus was the loan repayment i received as a new nurse. That’s how they try to get you to stay. Your also eligible for a pension for nurses after 3years or working
Pros
Level 1 Exp / Loan repayment
Cons
Non competitive pay/ low raises
Great place to start in an ICU
Staff Nurse ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2018
AMC was a great opportunity to start out in the ICU. The veteran staff is friendly, capable and willing to teach. Unfortunately after being taken over by Wellstar things have changed. AMC pays on average $10/hour less than Grady, the other level 1 a block away. With that big of a pay discrepancy many of the staff are leaving.
Pros
great co-workers, autonomy
Cons
Worst Insurance EVER! low pay
It’s a stressful job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAFebruary 2, 2018
This place could of be a nice place to work. If we had enough staff to work on the unit. We are most of the time under staffed. Working 14 or more Patients to one PCA.
Hard place
Telemetry Monitoring Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2017
Low staff high turn over rate with the lowest pay rate in Atlanta. Heavy workload will prepare you to work very easily at another hospital. Easy to get experience for new grads.
Cons
Union company no benefits
Great Manager
Valet (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2017
Great manager and staff willing to work with you and support you.
The staff is easy to get along with and very friendly and caring.
This is a always on your fight type of job
workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2017
The hospital can be a tricky place to work. It has its good and bad days. If healthcare is something that you like, it will always out weigh the mess that comes with it
Bad culture
Educator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2017
Poor management, negative environment, overall a bad culture is pervasive across system, administration cares about superficial issues but refuses to deal with real problems. Do NOT work here!
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Management is unbelievably stupid and doesn't care about anything but money
Great company to work for.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2017
Fast paced. Challenging, ever changing. I have learned to utilize critical thinking with minimal supervision, to use proactive as well as preventive measures. I have found management to be welcoming, fair and supportive. The workplace culture is very diverse, from the population we serve to the co-workers I team up with daily to serve our population of patients. The hardest part of my job is definitely the hospice consults. The most enjoyable part of my job (besides employee appreciation day) is when my team and I resolve a complex case.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Downtown traffic
Productivity was slow on some days and staff had to clock out.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  303 Parkway, NE Atlanta 30312July 4, 2017
Received exceptional experience while working at a Level I Trauma Medical Center. The workload was shared between staff. Patient care and patient satisfaction were very important to both staff and management.
Pros
Great experience received at Level I Trauma Medical Center
Cons
Productive was slow and sometime staff was told to clock out.
A good hospital that cares about patients and staff
Clerical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I love working for WellStar Atlanta Medical Center. The hospital administration, management and staff are truly concerned for the well-being of patients, visitors and employees.
I believe we deliver quality healthcare that improves people's lives and provide a good living for those of us that work there.

Want to know more about WellStar Atlanta Medical Center?

Ask a question