WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

Expected hospital experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 19, 2017
Fast paced, high pressure, task oriented environment. No autonomy, high accountability. Acuity levels are disregarded. High turnover. Lack of opportunity to pursue beneficial training.
Pros
Cons
Interrupted breaks. Only negative feedback all around.
I enjoyed the work l did and providing excellent customer service to patients.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 19, 2017
Wellstar is a good company to work for. Unfortunately in my case l had to work under a manager who was racially offensive and l myself am not a minority. Also an inappropriate relationship with her supervisor while they were both marroed made things awkward and embarrassing.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Free lunches provided by drug companies
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Georgia, ATLANTASeptember 14, 2017
Wellstar is a great place to work for. It has diversity. People works as a team.
The challenging part is when we have a connectivity ( network down) issue that need to be addressed right away. Wellstar is a healthcare place where patient care is a fundamental condition.
Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2017
This job is an ok work environment depending on what you would like to work in.... I like it and plan on staying as long as I can make the money I need to make.
Work Life Balance
Professional Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2017
The work life balance is appropriate but is often interspersed with periods of unfair expectations. The tides shift frequently and occasionally leave employees feeling stranded.
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and we strive to provide an environment where all employees feel they’re valued and treated fairly.

Patient's Care
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2017
What makes my job at Wellstar so amazing is seeing the way my team and I bring a smile to our patient's face, the relief of their pain, and the advance in care that makes a difference in their life. I achieve the process of great scheduling to get our new and present patients the appointments that are required to achieve the healing that's needed. I complete monthly check-in, discharges, spreadsheets and insurance verification. The hardest part of the job is not having enough employees daily to complete needed tasks, so I sometimes come in on the weekend to work off the clock to make sure we are prepared for the coming week.
Pros
Seeing the beginning to the end of achieved healing from the care that's given.
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our patients. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our team members and understand that our employees are the key to our success.

Deceptive
Liason (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 10, 2017
I was placed into a different position than the one I was hired to work in. When I questioned it, I was told it's alright and that they just offered the first position to get me in.
A a great company to work for
Health Promotion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 9, 2017
The work place culture was very high energy with great people to work with. It was quick paced but very manageable, Working out in the community providing health care for the underprivileged community was very rewarding.
Pros
Great work environment
Very welcoming environment
Clinical Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 8, 2017
I work as a tech with WellStar. While the work day can be overwhelming and stressful, the company itself is very warm and has great benefits. The pay for this position is very low but the benefits make up for some of that disadvantage.
Pros
Paid time off, pension, self-scheduling
Cons
Short breaks, heavy patient load
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I'm a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We appreciate your feedback! Wellstar has grown tremendously over the past year and rolled out new and improved compensation plans in addition to our career progression programs and nationally recognized benefits.

A great place to work, with many different opportunities
Unit Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 5, 2017
A typical day work is simple, when you have been trained right, and have the ability to keep moving forward. I have learned how to work in different departments. Like Environmental services, Sitter, and Unit support associate. Management is great. They always make sure you are up to date on information you should know, also make sure you know how to perform your job well. The workplace culture is awesome. You can learn something from anyone in and out of the department. I would say the hardest part of the job is loosing patients, not being able to save there life. The best thing about my job, is being able to help someone, and cheer them up before surgery, or a regular test.
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I'm a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for your dedication to WellStar and the patients we serve.

Professional growth
Data Specialist OR Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 4, 2017
Working for WellStar at the Kennestone location, I developed a better sense of professional development.The multiple responsibilities given increased my job accountability.
Pros
Professional developement
Cons
Fair compensation
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I'm a member of the WellStar Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and dedication!

Busy and rewarding.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 4, 2017
Clinical care with a lot of patient and family interaction. Stressful at times, but very rewarding. Excellent co-workers and a strong team approach. Challenging.
Pros
Clinically rewarding
Cons
Frequently too busy and stressful.
Awesome place to start
Associate application analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
Awesome place to start your career...I was brought on with absolutely no experience. After a few years of working here with great people I have been promoted to a permanent, viable and important part of the team.
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. WellStar is committed to taking care of our team members and we’re always looking for ways to ensure our employees have growth and development opportunities.

amazing
ED Tech- Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 31, 2017
work was pleasent and professional.everyday i worked along side highly trained and experienced professionals, who increased my experience. i would reccomend the company to all.
job
CMA (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 27, 2017
It's wasn't the worst place to work but not the best. The office manager did not know how to speak to other people in a professional manner. The pay is not very great either
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
pay
People who love people
Nurse (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 19, 2017
The system has become like a large profitable monoply. Where is individualized patient care? Insurance is pathetic. Favoratisim in advancement opportunities.
How are managers screend or are they? Poor management effects staff morale and patient care. HR has so many hoops to jump through that it is difficult to navigate the hiring process. Why make it so hard for staff? They are the back bone of healthcare not the CEO sitting in the ivory tower.
Pros
Food
Cons
Advancement limited. Poor management. Inadequate support for staff.
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our team members and understand that our employees are the key to our success.

Great for Nurses
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work. Caring staff. Wonderful leaders. Great work life balance. Competitive pay. Benefits are excellent. Opportunity to advance. Continuing education.
September 18, 2017

My name is Alex and I’m a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to Wellstar Health System and our patients. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

fun place
Central Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2017
WellStar is a great place to work but low pay. I have my master degree but every time I try to transfer for a better opportunity they always said you are a candidate.
Pros
lunch
Cons
healthcare
September 18, 2017

A place I will never work again
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 12, 2017
Working at Wellstar has been a bad experience never again will I work their again no matter what If you are not a favorite then you will have a hard time while working the Lab.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
No team work

excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 10, 2017
WellStar has great team work and leadership, caring and learning environment, and excellent customer service. The hardest part is when a patient passes. The most enjoyable part is seeing my patients and their families smile.
August 11, 2017

My name is Alex and I'm a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Thank you for you sharing your feedback, we appreciate your dedication to WellStar and our patients!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WellStar Health System Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval