WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
RN - Labor and Delivery Nurse - Circulator Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 24, 2015
WellStar was a good company to work for. Being a Labor & Delivery nurse is a rewarding experience that I adore. I loved this job. The 12 hour shifts were long and became hard to endure with managing children of my own that are in school. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping to bring life into this world.
Pros
working at the same hospital as my husband who is and MD
Cons
working 12 hour shifts
Great company
Technical Project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2015
Great company to grow with. The industry wil always be here. The growth potential is great. Many differents locations in the Atlanta area.
Pros
Great fellow employees
Cons
Pressure project deadlines
Nice
Surgical Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Austell, GASeptember 12, 2015
The time spent at this healthcare facility was warm and exciting. Enjoyed the persons who facilitated me and their support.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
NA
Advancement is difficult
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 7, 2015
Although higher education is encouraged obtaining another position is difficult. Management is not always understanding.
WellStar is all about our patients.
ED Charge Capture Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 6, 2015
We work hard to make sure our patients are cared about in every possible way from the time they walk in our doors even when they are home. The hardest part of our jobs my be to see patients that don't feel well or the loved ones watching them going though the illness. However, we are rewarded with the smiles of the patients that go home happy and health.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
I can't find any cons about WellStar.
Wellstar is a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 31, 2015
Wellstar is a great place to work. Boasting a diverse staff and a variety of work environments, Wellstar is functional in adequately providing for its assets.
Stock product as needed
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Management was bare to none. no leadership, however employees that I worked with on a daily basis, was a joy to be around.
Pros
Stable work, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Lack of management
Productive and fun place to work.
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoy going to work with people that are more like family to me than just coworkers. The clients enjoy the atmosphere we are able to provide from having fun while we work, while learning to live a healthier and happier life without pain. In this occupation I have learned time management, patient care and communication skills, proper body alignment and skills in ambulating and educating clients.
Pros
Co-workers
Patient Liason (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 17, 2015
The pay is amazing and the staff are better. Every one there is so nice and easy to get along with. The work is not hard and they offer payroll deduction so lunch can be provided and the there are many restaurants around if you want to order elsewhere.
Great Place to work
Customer Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Maternal HealthJuly 17, 2015
Interesting place to work, variety of personalities, a lot of interaction with patients and their families. I learned the many functions necessary for patient care, i.e., ADL's, vital signs, phlebotomy, patient charting, imput and output, ambulation, bathing, feeding and swaddling infants, removal of INT''s and other duties as assigned.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Interuptions of duites without notice
Nice place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Nice place to work, I learn something new every day. There are always co-workers willing to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of my patients.
Friendly work environment where caring for the patient is top priority
Clinical Care Partner (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAJuly 7, 2015
Very demanding environment which can be expected in any hospital setting. Very cooperative and understanding management team. Learning environment where continuous education is promoted. Must have the ability to multi-task and must be open to an unpredictable work load.
Pros
Flexibility and available work hours
Cons
Staffing
Great place to learn and grow with a friendly work culture
Sr. Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 25, 2015
Every day was very busy and work load always contained lots of moving components.
This has been a great place to learn from one another and be able to really hone in on skills and knowledge I've learned in the area of HR.
Management hear really allow you to take control of your role and essentially be your own boss but still be available to you when you need guidance.
Coworker are amazing, always helpful and a fun and lively group to work with
Hardest part of the job is the work load
Most enjoyable part of the job would be the critical thinking component of the job
Pros
experience and growth opportunities- fun coworker-great benefits
Cons
lots of interruptions make it hard to get processing done
I love working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 25, 2015
I love my job but am beginning to feel burnt out. I would love to venture out to new opportunities. The hardest part of my job is being short staffed.
Great company
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 19, 2015
Enjoyed working for Wellstar. Great work environment. Would still be there but the department I worked in merged with a different company.
Perform computer administrative tasks
IT Service Desk Analyst 2 Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2015
Perform computer administrative tasks for access requests.
Provides timely and high quality end-user computer support
good
Cons
fare
Fulfilling place to work
Liaison (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 4, 2015
Being surrounded by the elderly in the workplace is a learning experience. You gain an understanding for their special needs and develop a newfound respect for grandparents at the same time. A typical day at work involves prepping the kitchen for dinner. This would include restocking items (soup bowls, silverware, etc.). Then residents are directed into the dinning area, where their orders are taken and their meals are served. My co-workers all get along great. We all have an understanding of our duties and responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is that we are under staffed most days and it just creates more work for us. The most enjoyable part of the job is the conversations we get to have with the residents. We learn so much about their history and what they've gone through.
Pros
Great residents and co-workers. Lots of left over food
Cons
short staffed
Constant state of improvement.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 2, 2015
This healthcare system is progressive and is always looking for ways to improve on patient care and increase employee moral.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed but this seems to be the current trend.
OK
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 27, 2015
Its ok to work for , overall the pay isn't great for the amount of work that is required. Some locations are extremely busy and it's great for the patients
Very Productive for small group
Credentials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 16, 2015
Work is always available to do, the day goes by easier because of good co-workers. Management works hard and expects the same of team members.
Pros
Pretty good benefits package, ability to accrue PTO
Cons
Staffing..Being able to replace a non-clinical staff person quickly.