WellStar Health System Inc

WellStar Health System Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Box of Chocolates
Clinical Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
You truly never know what you're going to get. Every floor, every shift, every team is different. Some fit personalities and work ethics better than others. I personally don't think this make it bad. Wellstar truly offers something for everyone in every walk of life. It a eautiful place to grow.
Pros
benefits packages
Cons
pay
I enjoyed working with Wellstar Medical Group
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Wellstar made me feel proud to be a part of their team. True "world class service". The staff was a second family but still had professional atmosphere. I would recommend Wellstar to a friend.
Pros
Ability to be apart of decisions by giving suggestions during our monthly meetings.
Cons
Sometimes didn't have a official lunch
Awesome
Histology Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 24, 2016
Each day was a process to do which was good. There was some days difficult going on with the process some time that could not be helped but, at the end of the day it was fine. usually no days were the same things happen with specimens or machines by being a team player, myself and my coworkers worked together when needed job well done.
Great place to work.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Wellstar especially in the OB/GYN office. Everyone was very pleasant and we were a close nit family.
Pros
Lunches provided by job reps
PAS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 6, 2016
A very good company to work for.I learn so much and I have the experience to make me the best candidate for the position I'm applying for.
Pros
Meet a lot of people, The team work together
Cons
Longer lunch break, one on one basis with the employees, and better insurance
Great exposure to other work areas
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  30066January 2, 2016
Low pay. Not much room for advancement in this department. Look to further education so you do not get caught in salary cap.
Productive work environment with progressive growing organization
Senior Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 28, 2015
I am a hardworking strong leader that has a hands on approach. My style allows me to stay abreast of all trends first hand and allows me to tackle issues efficiently and in a effective manner. I am very easy going person that adapts to any work environment due to my diverse work background.
Pros
Strong Leadership
Cons
Finding work and life balance
Great Benefits
Secretary/Clinical Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 21, 2015
being understaffed is the hardest part of this job , great team work, I enjoy the patients I work with some have stayed for long periods of time and I have enjoy getting to know them
work experience
instrument technician (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 20, 2015
While working at wellstar cobb location , I had the worst experience in my job history. The manager never showed up for work and when she did, she had an attitude problem.I can honestly say , within my 11years in a S.P. department , this was the worst group of women under the same roof that I have ever came across. This place could easily be compared to a zoo or circus without raising an eyebrow because of the quality of people are simply just that uncivilized.
Pros
Cons
alot
good place to work
Reg Sleep Tech (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 3, 2015
Good place to work. Management is fair and allows you to do your work with few interference. Team work between co workers to help with patient needs so that we can give great patient care.
Performed all aspects of nursing care allowed to LPNS under GA law
LPN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 25, 2015
Lucky to get the ER experience as an LPN
Learned something new every day
Most of the RNs were great about teaching,as were the doctors
Management did their job effectively
Pros
Hectic pace and experience in multiple areas of medicine
Cons
Seeing younger patients die
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 19, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at wellstar, though I was just as a contract employee. Th facilities were nice and very safe. The parking was ample
Good for Obtaining Initial Employment Experience
Charge Capture II Specialist/Coder II (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 11, 2015
Wellstar is great in learning initial job training experience. There are challenges in growth and one may have to look for outside employment for advancement. As with every company the environment can be a mixed bag full of great people to work with including management. Then there are those who will try to hinder your growth, some management included as well. Its all what you make out of it.
Pros
Good Perks and Learning Opportunities
Cons
Wage Compensation, Insurance Coverage
OrthoSport
patient service representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 2, 2015
WellStar is a great organization but the OrthoSport division was not. Pay is too low for all the tasks they expect from you. Very high turnover, employees are not happy so they transfer out.
Pros
Nice working conditions.
Cons
Salary is incredibly low.
Great Company
Employee Health Medical Asst./Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 2, 2015
Wellstar is a wonderful company to work for with employee benefits that assist in making our life easier. I work with Employee Health so my typical work day includes employee health assessments, immunizations and TB testing. My co-workers are talented RN's and are a joy to work with and to learn from. The most enjoyable part of my job is performing Phlebotomy on our potential employees/employees.
Pros
Charging lunches with our badges
Cons
Pay is a bit less than other hospitals
Good incentives
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 22, 2015
Good efforts made to make it a great place to work. Lots of employee incentives. Some flexibility to move within the system.
Overall good work place and environment.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cobb County, GaOctober 21, 2015
Awesome doctors and patients. I have aquired great work experience working at this facility. Learned how to do hard sticks and become on the hard stick unit from working with cancer patients first year on the job.
Compassionate, fun and great place to work.
Medical Assistant/ER Tech (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 13, 2015
I have worked at Wellstar for the past 5 Years as an ER Tech. I love working there now. I work in the ER, so a typical day is very busy, never know what you're going to get. It's very fast past. I love working with the other employees there. We have a family culture. I have learned a lot at Wellstar and I thank them for the opportunity to work in such a great facility, to learn and improved my health care skills and be much more sensitive to the patients that we serve. Management at Wellstar in the beginning, were not very strong at what they do, but I have seen them improved and try their best to make a difference in the lives of their employees by being more involved in what we do on the floor as well as in our personal lives. The Management now that we have, are amazing. They listen and work with you. I have seen a complete 360 at Wellstar and I love it. I am happy to still be part of this amazing company that, keeps on growing and improving and saving people's lives. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone that truly cares about people all around. My co workers are amazing, they support you and it is a family culture with the people you come to know, and work with all the time. It's not easy and happy everyday, but if you remember why you are there, and the reasons are, to care for other people genuinely , then Wellstar is for you!
Pros
Family culture, support from your co workers/friends. Discounts
Cons
Management need to listen more. Team work needs to improve.
Great Environment to work with inspiring leaders
Patient Access Specialist/Main Admissions (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 1, 2015
-Enter data on our patient at a accurate to get them ready for surgery and also call and pre-register patients as well.
-I've learned how to assertive with this company and very efficient with my job. Also became a great leader at Wellstar
-Upper management is great, very helpful and understanding of their staff needs.
-Great co-workers, probably the best team I'm been apart of because they don't mind showing how to be great at doing your job.
-Only thing I could think of that was difficult about the job were the 12 hour shifts.
-Helping the patients and working with my staff to reach goals that we set for each other.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Kind of big so you can get overlook by upper management sometimes
Fun and stimulating work enviornment
Nutrition Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GeorgiaSeptember 27, 2015
This company was very big on promoting work life balance and individual growth. Management had an open door policy and were very supportive of employees