WellStar Health System Inc

WellStar Health System Inc Employer Reviews

Offers a tremendous amount of scheduling flexibility and competitive benefits
Cardiac Telemetry Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Kennestone Regional Medical CenterJuly 27, 2014
I began my nursing career at WellStar. The skills and knowledge I learned there are invaluable to my career journey. In nursing, you have good days and tough days but the sense of team work and camaraderie experienced between myself and my co-workers made the good days exceptionally good and the tough days easier to bear. Even though I was PRN, I was – more... very active in Shared Governance, Skin Audits, Head of our Heart Failure Committee (where I lead a team of co-workers and managers in writing and submitting a medical abstract which was published). I was given opportunities to lead and motivate which I welcomed. – less
Great Environment
Intern (Former Employee), Austell, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: plenty of advancement opportunities
Cons: n/a
Can have long days, but people around you makes it pleasant.
Learned that many doctors, nurses, and staff members really do care about the person(s) they're helping
Most enjoyable part is seeing someone being cured
its ok
Evironmental Services Technician (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Its okay i dont love it but i dont hate it i would recommend it as a short term
Extremely fulfilling work; enjoyed providing spiritual support to patients, families and staff; left to pursue an opportunity to manage own business.
Chaplain (Former Employee), Austell, GAJuly 8, 2014
With the exception of internship or when serving on call for the entire health system, I functioned as the Sr. Chaplain in a hospice setting. Provided spiritual care to a 18-20 bed inpatient unit, as well as, a home care unit covering 5 counties. Supervised Chaplain interns (CPE students) and spiritual care companions. Specific tasks included visiting – more... hospice patients, conducting spiritual care assessments, and providing appropriate interventions based upon assessments conducted, attending IDTs and more. Knowledge and wisdom gained in this job was unimaginable from the onset.Sharing the sacred space with the dying and the loved ones, as well as, staff surrounding them, left an indelible mark on me and taught me much about the human experience; in some situations, its' strength, endurance and even fragility when tested.The hardest part of the job was after seeing death day in and day out not becoming callous but rather allowing oneself to grieve in an appropriate manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was appreciating the life stories shared and the feeling of human connectedness. – less
Many changes and RN shortage
Pulmonary Liason (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: lower average pay
Always short nurses. Day doesn't end after seeing patients. Alot of charting after hours.
A caring place
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Austell, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: family oriented company
Cons: short breaks
This is good company to work for, very understanding about your concerns, willing to help you in any situation also your co-workers are like family just a great awesome atmosphere to work in.Also a good opportunity for professional growth with the company.
Great place to build a lasting respectable bond with coworkers
Epic Certified Cupid Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
Steady work environment with chances to learn on a daily basis. Able to quickly form relationships with coworkers to support each other and grow in your professional development.
Great Group of People to work with
Professional Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: feeling appreciated
Cons: low census since new facility opened
The Company is very good, sometimes management doesn't follow the same vision of the company itself, but overall a good company to work for.
it was an ok place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), georgiaJune 23, 2014
it was an OK place to work. i worked 12 hours shifts Friday to sun. my job was to check out patients after being seen in the ER.
Professionalism
Records Clerk/Medical Imaging Scheduler (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJune 19, 2014
A typical day at work is quite busy but yet enjoyable. I enjoy working with my co workers sho help the day go by smoothly in the midst of chaos or just the every day of being busy. Also being able to assist the patients and my coworkers with problem solving issues.
Management is favorable, caring and understanding along with exemplifying professionalism.

The – more... company has room for advancement and many other great incentives offered to the employees. The hardest part would be not being able to resolve an issue in a timely manner, but would not stop until the persons are satisfied. Also enjoyable is making a difference in someone's day, just to make them smile. – less
Wellstar
Support Tech/EVS (Former Employee), Austell, GAJune 18, 2014
great place to move to upper management.Great central location
Learned new things everyday
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great coworkers
Cons: short breaks, poor management
- Very busy practice
- Learned new things everyday
- Started as a file clerk and worked my way to precert coordinator
bad management
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee), Austell, GAJune 15, 2014
Cons: everything
Not a good company to work for but good learning experience.
Good place to work with mostly excellent coworkers
Staff RN Emergency Department (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 15, 2014
Management is amazing and always willing to jump in and help. Charge nurses are exceptional and go above and beyond to help in anyway possible! They make working there a great experience. Coworkers are very helpful and that includes people in all different departments (e.g. pharmacy, radiology, lab, etc). It is a smaller hospital in a smaller town where – more... most people know everyone, so when you have to call respiratory, radiology, lab, pharmacy, etc... you actually know who you are calling/talking with. – less
Long hours, little direction from Management
Employed (Current Employee), Atlanta, gaJune 11, 2014
Long hours, little direction from Management. Changes are always happening with little to no warning from executive management, yet you're required to be prepared for those changes and do the current tasks that they have listed.
Productive Fun Workplace
Epic Support Analyst (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJune 4, 2014
Pros: meals provided during "go live" and a great team environment!
Cons: work place gossip.
Working at Wellstar Health System was a great experience during the, "Epic go live". The service desk was organized and able to support the clinical staff quickly and effectively to maintain the highest standard of patient safety.
Reliable workplace
Clinical Care Partner (Current Employee), Austell, GAMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work can be somewhat hectic, but it is a good place to work and great experience. I have learned so many things about the human body by working in the hospital. Management could be better, but I have not had many issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in need. The hardest part of my job is the hours.
Medical Assistant- South Cobb OB/GYN (Current Employee), Austell, GAMay 16, 2014
Pros: family-oriented
Cons: lunch not long enough
EMR is a plus here. Enjoy working with my OB patients. Management is very fair...
very great place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 15, 2014
work there for 3 years, enjoyed every day.
I met a lot of people and doctors and nurses. I appreciated all the experience I had with the nurses and doctors, helping them get through the work day.
Productive and Challenging
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 14, 2014
Working for this company included:

•Took phone calls
•Documented issues in ticketing system
•Reset Passwords
•Unlock user account
•Trouble shoot citrix receiver
•Remote in to users PC
•Escalated issues to appropriate department
•Provide technical advice

I learned to be more patient and detailed oriented at this company

Management and co-workers wer – more... friendly and helpful in times of need

hardest part of the job was knowing where to direct certain calls

the Most enjoyable part was the day to day knowledge I ganed – less

About WellStar Health System Inc

With WellStar in your corner, you won't need to wish upon a star for good health and wellness. The not-for-profit WellStar Health – Read more