WellStar Health System Inc

WellStar Health System Inc Employer Reviews

Fast pace environment with great knowledge
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Austell, GAOctober 11, 2014
This was the start of my career, I learned a lot here and was focused on learning.
great place to work
Laboratory Assistant 2 (Current Employee), Austell, GAOctober 1, 2014
Great place to work co-workers are very friendly you have your very busy days and your slow days.Management is ok they will listen to any issue you may have.
Collaborating with Wellstar Hospitals and MD offices, along with insurance companies to provide home health care efficiently to patients.
Intake Nurse (Current Employee), Marietta, GeorgiaSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: patient communication, multitasking
Cons: i miss patient contact and clinical nursing skills
A typical day at work begins with processing referrals for home health services, such as skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social work, and home health aides provided to patient's once they discharge from the hospital or MD offices. I have to verify insurance benefits and explain them to patients via phone call, along with communicating with MD office to get skills that would benefit patients' in their home. It includes care coordination with doctors, along with other healthcare professionals to provide the best care to our patients' in their home. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to communicate with patients over the phone and set them up with our services.
Productive, Fun, and Positive place to work with incentives
Resource Assistant/Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Austell, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: continue education, lunches, flexible
I look forward to coming to work. The environment is friendly and family-like meaning everyone is caring and concerned about you. I have grown and learned so much in this department. The benefits and incentives are great. My co-workers are very supportive and so is my director and supervisor. Everyday is enjoyable and there is nothing hard about my job even the changes are made to be easily transitioned.
Exciting place to work, very friendly atmosphire
CNA (Current Employee), Dallas, GASeptember 16, 2014
A typical day at work starts out very busy getting residents up and helping with daily living activities. In this job I have learned how to multitask,have patience, and to be a great team player. Management is friendly and understanding. My co-workers are great team players. The hardest part of my job is some times dressing some of the male residents that's total care, and the most enjoyable part is being able to bring joy to some resident that's concerned about not being able to help themselves. To assure that person that I really am happy to help with those things they can't do, brings me joy.
Ok work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: horrible health insurance, leadership
Overall it’s an ok work environment that will allow you to get the work experience that you need. As a large health system it is somewhat broken and there is much work to be done in leadership.
Life Saver
EMT II (Former Employee), Austell, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: working with a great team of leaders
Cons: missing breaks
A typical day in the ER was a patient coming in for something they thought was simple and end up being rushed for emergency surgery because they are having and Massive Heart Attack as we speak. I learned how to maintain a demeanor that would not produce more fear for the patient. I was able to keep a calm composure that provided comfort for the patient and quick service. The hardest part of my job was seeing someone not make it. The most enjoyable part of my job was the one that I help live.
A work environment where you learn on a daily basis.
Lab Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Marietta, GaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: employee recgonition
Cons: short lunch breaks, or none
Patient registraion
Patient verfication of Insurance
Lab work flow
World Class in Health Services
Reimbursement Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 24, 2014
Large corporate healthcare company with excellent benefits and work-like balance
Great colleagues, clueless upper management
Administration (Current Employee), MariettaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: onsite daycare
Cons: politics
I don't know why the company hires talented people, only to turn around and pay consultants thousands to tell them what employees already know.
What I learned at work
Dayshist Respiratory Therapy Supervisor (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 18, 2014
was that I was not only given opportunities and I gained great knowledge on how to manage the staff members that I worked with
Productive, team building workplace
Credentialed ASAP Epic Trainer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
I enjoy paying it forward by helping others reach their goals.
Wellstar great place to work
Post Acute Navigator (Current Employee), Austell, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: coworkers are helpful, likeable
Cons: no room for advancement
No day is the same at Wellstar. New patients new problems to solve. Challenging yet great teaching tool. If I do not know the answer, there is always a place to get help or problems resolved.
Health care IT
Service Analyst 1 Consultant (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 6, 2014
Awesome company and work life. Help Desk environment, close to home, not a long commute.
NO room for advancement or raise
Certified medical assistant (Former Employee), Austell, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: no roome for advancement and no teamwork
Working for this company was draining due to the lack of involvement from management. The only time management was available was during the press gainy surveys. They are not empathetic to the employees and it was a very depressing place to work due to the lack of teamwork.
Loved working for wellstar had awesome benefits and employee programs
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Austell, GAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits and employee programs
Cons: no cons to me
Go to work do everything in your power to help take care of patients, the teamwork was awesome,and management pushed you to be your best
Employees are outstanding
Application Coordinator Analyst (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work includes troubleshooting EHR issues. Coworkers are the best.
Offers a tremendous amount of scheduling flexibility and competitive benefits
Cardiac Telemetry Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Kennestone Regional Medical CenterJuly 27, 2014
I began my nursing career at WellStar. The skills and knowledge I learned there are invaluable to my career journey. In nursing, you have good days and tough days but the sense of team work and camaraderie experienced between myself and my co-workers made the good days exceptionally good and the tough days easier to bear. Even though I was PRN, I was very active in Shared Governance, Skin Audits, Head of our Heart Failure Committee (where I lead a team of co-workers and managers in writing and submitting a medical abstract which was published). I was given opportunities to lead and motivate which I welcomed.
Great Environment
Intern (Former Employee), Austell, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: plenty of advancement opportunities
Cons: n/a
Can have long days, but people around you makes it pleasant.
Learned that many doctors, nurses, and staff members really do care about the person(s) they're helping
Most enjoyable part is seeing someone being cured
its ok
Evironmental Services Technician (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Its okay i dont love it but i dont hate it i would recommend it as a short term

About WellStar Health System Inc

With WellStar in your corner, you won't need to wish upon a star for good health and wellness. The not-for-profit WellStar Health – Read more

WellStar Health System Inc Salaries