Welspun Corp Ltd.

Welspun Corp Ltd. Employer Reviews

Welspun is a laid back place to work somedays easy some days hard and it be very hot in the summer time and very cold in the winnter
QC/QA sample prep (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch, bonus pay, hoilday pay
Cons: nice breaks, great benefits
Being at Welspun showed me a lot of things that i didnt know. the job site was great the pay was great and more the co-worker was laid back as well as the managers.
The insurance is very affordable.
Heavy Construction Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2014
Cons: they cut your pay when things get slow
To much favoritism, no breaks, days off, don't care about employees, its all about numbers.
Off days taken for production.
Repair Welder (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and profit shares
Cons: absolutely no time with family
When you are hired in you are given a schedule that is never followed. I worked 30 nights straight without time off and had to leave early one day after that and they took my profit share for the week because I wasn,t scheduled to leave early. I didn't work the set schedule.
welspun
Welder/ Machine Operator- GMAW (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2014
I was operating the GMAW welding machine which was the first weld put on the pipe to keep the formed together.
nice job with good pay
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: inadequate management, no lunch break
a nice place to work, there is a lot of hard working people working 12 hour shifts rotating every two weeks but its also a dangerous place to work if you cant follow safety guidelines,we lost one employee and had several amputations and bocken bones.
DO NOT WORK HERE
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2013
Cons: everything
I've worked factory and construction jobs most of my working life. This job is BY FAR the worst. It's completely unsafe. The pay is horrible, and they treat their workers horribly.
good working area.
engineer Auto maintenance department. (Former Employee), anjar,kutchMarch 15, 2013
Pros: free transpotation
Cons: short brake
learn in all type of machine , like crane, fork lift, matirila handling equipment.
Account Manager
Sales Key Account Manager- Sam's Club (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 11, 2013
Conference calls with multiple teams. Forecasting. Presenting new products. Collaborat & Strategize. Quality testing. Travel
What an experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Little RockDecember 10, 2012
Pros: benefits were compatable with industry
Cons: production/safety practices and cultrual differences
Only interested in production goals, any way they can get them. Witnessed and reported API as well as unreal safey violations with no management reponses. Safety practically nonexistence-unless OSHA is visiting. Plant is run like it is in India. Glad I got out when I did, even though I've been unemployed for over a year!

June 21, 2013

The reasont things are great is because the safety manager M Cain was told to grease the wheel with OSHA so he gets a secret call before they come out so everything will look good. Saw it too many times. They don't care if they make people work like dogs they will do what they have to get done

Unorganized, hostile work environment with poor management.
Former Welspun Employee (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2012
Pros: great health and dental benefits-very affordable
Cons: no advancement opportunity, unfair treatment to employees, safety is not a priority.
Poorly managed and unethical treatment to those in the plants
Below average salary, last minute scheduling.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 19, 2012
Pros: can sometimes work lots of hours to make up for inadequate pay.
Cons: low pay, no lunch or breaks, last minute scheduling.
Below average salaries for equipment operators. Last minute scheduling leaves no room for personal life. No raises, or advancement opportunities.
Pay is mediate
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 16, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: working 76hr/wk.
Ok place to work. I learned alot about pipe manufacturing. Co-workers are typical. Nothing is hard about the job. I enjoyed the $900/wk pay.
producuntive envoriment/fun folks to work with
Bobcat driver Driver (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2012
Pros: my pay
Cons: short breaks
It was a hot envorinment but we managed to complete our jobs d aily. I learned that a coil of steel could be turned toa pipe. The management was great there and so were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was putting down railroad ties for the steel coils to sit on. The enjoyable job part of the job was doing the correctly.
Productive work environment
Plasma Operator (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2012
Utilizes the SAP program to obtain information about and to trace pipes (for cutting and transferring pipes)
Uses plasma technology when cutting pipe
Work as need to assure that deadlines are met, as applicable
Engineer - Planning and Tooling Development (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 27, 2012
It has been great ! Welspun has been an enriching experience.
Stay away! Dangerous, Dirty, Terrible!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 27, 2012
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: management, hours, pay, safety, job security
Worked there for over a year. The company does not care about employee safety including getting crushed by a 20 ton pipe. The enviromental issues at the site are terrible, dumping chemicals and covering them up with dirt, happened at least 3 times when I was there. Watch out for the outright bigotry from the Indian management. They have at least a 50% – more... turnover rate of employees each month. The company does not pay it's bills either. Not sure how they can stay in business in America? – less

December 10, 2012

Ditto on all the comments! When OSHA comes for a visit everything changes until the Inspectors leave the plant. Additionally there are too many API violations on the Trans Canada pipe. I wouldn't live anywhere near the pipe that will be put in the ground.

welspun tubular
Machine Operator/ Quality Control (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 14, 2012
Pros: saftey first, health care.
Cons: nothing bad to say.
A typical day consisted of checking the pipe tempeture for coating, transporting pipe from grinding station to blasting booth for coating. Reported the conditions of the pipes before allowing it to leave my area.
A terrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 21, 2012
Pros: you get a paycheck and you will never get fired.
Cons: far to many to list
I was desperate for a job when I accepted the position. I have watched people get crushed, maimed, and die due to management's safety ethic. I have witnessed racism and bigotry in the promotions and wage practices. Literally hundreds of people have quit in the last three years. I stuck it out until I could find another job, but I am not proud of the – more... work I did there. – less
very good experience given by company
Deputy manager in Mechanical maintenance (Current Employee), Anjar,kutch,GujaratAugust 19, 2014
very good culture and manangement observed by me.its growth is very good since last few years.
productive, less work, fully automated
Welding Engineer (Former Employee), Anjar, GJApril 6, 2014
Pros: good room facility, food, salary
Cons: dirty work place
world class machinery, less work, more knowledge to gain
learnt full SAW welding.....
management is good and coworkers too.....

1 2 3