Weltman Employee Reviews

Too many chiefs and not enough indians
Clerical (Former Employee) –  BrooklynOctober 13, 2016
The arrogance of the partners causes them to get in their own way. Way behind in technology. The partners are bringing down their castle.

I really think the entire company needs a close hard look by the State of Ohio and the people that regulate fair working environment for employees.

The sweat shop mentality will only work when they hire young people that don't know any better.

They make it sound like all your hard work and missed lunches will be worth it one day. IT WON'T BE!
Pros
Cons
Stay as far away as you can...much better jobs out there
This is a Great Place to Work if you have the experience!
Acct Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 18, 2016
Decent Pay, Everyone Works as a Team, Flexible Hours, PTO , Vacation Pay. Some people here act as they are better than you because their position. However that's just a downside. Attorney work right beside you. A bit different from your standard collection agencies. We collect on student loans a bit grueling to get people to pay but eventually they do. This is a law firm however with a small collections team that works right beside the Lawyers
Pros
Employee Games, Sports, Activites Where you win great prizes
Cons
bad comission policy, yourcommision is commerated by what the company collects in fees not from what you collect in whole
Ran the day to day operations of the collections call center
Call Center Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2016
Handled high volume of major banks, credit card companies, credit unions revolving and installment loans recovery efforts. Handled interviews and exit interviews. Worked directly with the Corporate Development department, Probabate and Bankruptcy department including subrogation claims. I learned how to mutitask on a very high level and how to deal with staff from different walks of life and fine tune their skill set levels. My most enjoyable part of the job was help build the company into the #1 creditors rights law firm in the country.
I loved this job
Legal Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 11, 2016
I started out as a File clerk and within a year moved up to a Paralegal 1. It was an amazing experience and I hate that I no longer work there. The employees were great, benefits were great and the location central.
Pros
Central location, new challenges and promotions for hard work.
Negative Atmosphere
PC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Hts, OHFebruary 3, 2016
This is mostly a collections company, so I suppose it would be expected. However, everyone here is extremely negative. Management cannot make up their minds about what they want done from one day to the next. Management nit-picks about every little thing. All members of the team love to talk bad about others in the team, no unity. Bad environment.
Cons
environment, management, no teamwork
Wwr
Legal Collector (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 24, 2015
Its a great place to work. Very fast paced environment, if you are goal oriented. If you are looking for an entry level desk job.
Keep looking
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Terrible place to work. Would not recommend to a friend. Too much work, too little time for anything like lunches or getting off on time. My lowest salary ever. Keep looking and don't look back.
Weltman
LAW FIRM , 3RD PARTY COLLECTIONS (Former Employee) –  CINCINNATI, OHJanuary 7, 2015
To pull reports and and bring accounts current , negotiate settlements and working with consumers with issues on their past due accounts. Friendly to all co-workers and helpful to assist their calls. Hardest part of the job is to refuse a settlement that was not the clients standards . What I learned from working their is work hard and
Cons
Mangers was not personable
Productive workplace
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2014
average 8-5 day with typical allowed breaks and some socialization. Large volume of files and not enough staff.
Pros
co workers
Cons
job security would have people worried of lay offs.
Very high paced but great environment and great people to work with
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2014
Prepared for the foreclosure sale dates first thing in the morning to make sure all clients have sent their bids in for that sale. Answer all emails and voice messages. I worked my to do list which was about 250 files a day. The management was great and my co-workers were the best. The hardest part of this job was how close our clients would wait until they sent bid funds or provided a bid.
Pros
Health insurance and time off
Cons
business was slow and a lot of people were laid off
Upper Management Not Supportive
Bill Remittance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2014
The work load is stressful with no help and constant layoffs.
productive and very enjoyable workplace
Pre-Legal Collector (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OhioApril 9, 2014
A typical day consisted of calling client specific accounts. I learned about leans, foreclosures, and how to better my customer service skills. Management was a big problem unfortunately. My co-workers were enjoyable and easy to work with, very helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was collecting on these accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting actual contacts.
Pros
free lunches some time, company holiday parties, free coffee
Cons
short breaks, hard to deal with management
Enjoyable productive work enviorment
Legal Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 1, 2014
I loved working with welt man, Weinberg and Reis. I would open and sort mail, set hearings answer phones. I work closely with attorneys. management was great and very professional. my co-workers were happy and amazing people to be around. the hardest part of the job was setting hearings. the most enjoyable part of the job was the work load, you work on different things thorough the day from start to finish.
Pros
law experinece
Cons
short break
Did you hear that? It's your soul dying.
Training Function (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2014
• The first named partner thought that everything was a training issue. If he called someone and they didn't answer the phone according to script, he immediately wanted everyone in the company (1000 people at the time) to be retrained on phones.
• No work-life balance. 12-14 hour days were nothing.
• Friction between departments where they deliberately sabotage each other.
• HR didn't want to know if there were any problems.
• Constant layoffs
• Pay was better than I had expected
Pros
Compesation
Cons
Constant layoffs, interdepartmental bickering
challegning and productive
Legal Assistant/Lead Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 30, 2014
account maintenance, inbound/outbound calls, filing of financial records. account settlement, collections of payments.
Pros
good money, room for advancement
Cons
no comment
Collections for Retail
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 25, 2014
The office was great mostly outbound calls to delinquent credit card holders..customer service collection nothing to harsh. Company closed but still has locations in Phila and Delaware
Fast paced Environment
Lead Legal Collector (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, OhioNovember 24, 2013
A demanding multi-tasking position and day to day was never the same.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Unrealstic demands
productive work place
Legal Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 4, 2013
Filed complaints on behave of the attorneys. Its was a steady work load. Really love the team work between co-workers.
Pros
team work
Cons
no advancement
I would NEVER recommend working here
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, OHOctober 28, 2013
I was never happy here. It was maybe the first 2 months that it seemed alright. No one REALLY worked as a team, there were SEVERAL double standards. Supervisors get away with EVERYTHING and the rest of us get in trouble for everything. they lay off people everyone other week and supervisors and managers do everything to make their employees feel like they will NEVER meet their expectations but they never try to help and they set their employees up for failure.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
everything
Its going nowhere fastq
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2013
I was a employee for a few years. I only received one raise of 9 cents. It required a lot of work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
super high expectations