Weltman

Weltman Employer Reviews

Keep looking
Paralegal (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Terrible place to work. Would not recommend to a friend. Too much work, too little time for anything like lunches or getting off on time. My lowest salary ever. Keep looking and don't look back.
WELTMAN
LAW FIRM , 3RD PARTY COLLECTIONS (Former Employee), CINCINNATI, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: mangers was not personable
TO PULL REPORTS AND AND BRING ACCOUNTS CURRENT , NEGOTIATE SETTLEMENTS AND WORKING WITH CONSUMERS WITH ISSUES ON THEIR PAST DUE ACCOUNTS. FRIENDLY TO ALL CO-WORKERS AND HELPFUL TO ASSIST THEIR CALLS. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS TO REFUSE A SETTLEMENT THAT WAS NOT THE CLIENTS STANDARDS . WHAT I LEARNED FROM WORKING THEIR IS WORK HARD AND
Productive workplace
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: job security would have people worried of lay offs.
average 8-5 day with typical allowed breaks and some socialization. Large volume of files and not enough staff.
Very high paced but great environment and great people to work with
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2014
Pros: health insurance and time off
Cons: business was slow and a lot of people were laid off
Prepared for the foreclosure sale dates first thing in the morning to make sure all clients have sent their bids in for that sale. Answer all emails and voice messages. I worked my to do list which was about 250 files a day. The management was great and my co-workers were the best. The hardest part of this job was how close our clients would wait until they sent bid funds or provided a bid.
Upper Management Not Supportive
Bill Remittance Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2014
The work load is stressful with no help and constant layoffs.
productive and very enjoyable workplace
Pre-Legal Collector (Former Employee), Grove City, OhioApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches some time, company holiday parties, free coffee
Cons: short breaks, hard to deal with management
A typical day consisted of calling client specific accounts. I learned about leans, foreclosures, and how to better my customer service skills. Management was a big problem unfortunately. My co-workers were enjoyable and easy to work with, very helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was collecting on these accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting actual contacts.
Enjoyable productive work enviorment
Legal Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 1, 2014
Pros: law experinece
Cons: short break
I loved working with welt man, Weinberg and Reis. I would open and sort mail, set hearings answer phones. I work closely with attorneys. management was great and very professional. my co-workers were happy and amazing people to be around. the hardest part of the job was setting hearings. the most enjoyable part of the job was the work load, you work on different things thorough the day from start to finish.
Did you hear that? It's your soul dying.
Training Function (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: compesation
Cons: constant layoffs, interdepartmental bickering
• The first named partner thought that everything was a training issue. If he called someone and they didn't answer the phone according to script, he immediately wanted everyone in the company (1000 people at the time) to be retrained on phones.
• No work-life balance. 12-14 hour days were nothing.
• Friction between departments where they deliberately sabotage each other.
• HR didn't want to know if there were any problems.
• Constant layoffs
• Pay was better than I had expected
challegning and productive
Legal Assistant/Lead Account Representative (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good money, room for advancement
Cons: no comment
account maintenance, inbound/outbound calls, filing of financial records. account settlement, collections of payments.
Collections for Retail
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJanuary 25, 2014
The office was great mostly outbound calls to delinquent credit card holders..customer service collection nothing to harsh. Company closed but still has locations in Phila and Delaware
Fast paced Environment
Lead Legal Collector (Former Employee), Brooklyn Heights, OhioNovember 24, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: unrealstic demands
A demanding multi-tasking position and day to day was never the same.
productive work place
Legal Specialist I (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 4, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: no advancement
Filed complaints on behave of the attorneys. Its was a steady work load. Really love the team work between co-workers.
I would NEVER recommend working here
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn Heights, OHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: everything
I was never happy here. It was maybe the first 2 months that it seemed alright. No one REALLY worked as a team, there were SEVERAL double standards. Supervisors get away with EVERYTHING and the rest of us get in trouble for everything. they lay off people everyone other week and supervisors and managers do everything to make their employees feel like they will NEVER meet their expectations but they never try to help and they set their employees up for failure.
Its going nowhere fastq
File Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: super high expectations
I was a employee for a few years. I only received one raise of 9 cents. It required a lot of work.
Productive fast paced work enviornment with incentives
Legal Collector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, ohioApril 1, 2013
Pros: sometime recieved extra bonus check for the month
Cons: unfair bonus sturcture
I learned a lot working in legal collections. Time manangement, the legal system and laws for Kentucky and Indiana
my co workers were ok not the most enjoyable job I ever had lots of people were angry a lot. The hardest part of this job was carrying the weight of peoples burdons home with me. I hated having to always be the barrer of bad news. The most enjoyable part was the hunt and accoplishing my daily goals.
Debt Collections
Lead Collections Rep (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2013
Handled in and out bound calls. Troubleshooting various legal debts. Meeting standard daily and monthly quota
Very pleasant work environment
payment posting specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn Hts, OhioFebruary 19, 2013
The work day was very busy from start to finish in which case was fine for me because it made the time go very quickly. While there I experienced a non stressful work place.
Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills, productive and professional.
Recovery Specialist-Customer Service (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 18, 2013
•I have over 10 years of customer service skills at an average of contacting over 150 customers per day who possesses solid communication.
Fast paced , quick advancement
Mail clerk, Data entry,Legal dept collector (Former Employee), Brooklyn, OHJanuary 13, 2013
Rapid advancement. Went from mail clerk to data entry to collector within 2 years.
Productivity driven with expected high results
Trainer (Current Employee), OhioSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: any prior experiences and education are utilized daily.
Cons: little recognition for exemplary work. communication isn't always consistant.
* Endurance driven work with adequate communication from management.
* Additional job duties are expected to be performed in a timely manner, so time management skills are a must.
* Certain job title positions can require work through breaks and lunches, extended work days, and occassionally weekends with no additional compensation for salaried employees where as hourly employees receive complimentary time.