Wenatchee Valley College Employee Reviews in United States

Slightly boring work environment
ITV (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 12, 2015
Not much interaction with other people, as a tech you are in a control room by yourself.
Was a nice time to get homework done and relax at the end of the day.
A Good Community College
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WADecember 31, 2014
Wenatchee Valley College was a good place to get my AAS degree.
I was able to attend, while living close to home.
The quality of professors, classes and experiences were comparable to other institutions in the area.
I would recommend WVC to others as a good place to start their higher education and journey toward their undergraduate degrees.
A wide range of jobs, very good people, committed to their work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WANovember 10, 2014
Being a student-athlete, my responsibilities and typical day was different from a full time employee at the college. Nevertheless, from the people I associated with daily and the morals that were implemented into me from working here, I learned to work hard, respect others, stay committed to reaching the end goals, persevere through everything, and the better you treat people, the more you can count on them to be there for you when you need it. The hardest part for me was balancing school and baseball and performing both at a high level. The most enjoyable part was just the all around experience and relationships that I made.
Pros
great experience, great people, a variety of activities, never bored
Cons
did not always have a consistent schedule/plan to operate around
Great place to live and work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 17, 2014
Wenatchee offers a small community feel to a supportive and nurturing learning environment.
Rewarding Volunteer Writing Compositon Tutoring.
Writing Composition Tutor (Former Employee) –  Omak, WAJune 17, 2014
I loved helping the students at this small community college; bringing in years of expertise in tutoring both regular division writing tutorials and Athletics - hired by both departments to teach/tutor writing composition at UCLA as a Top Tutor for both departments at UCLA was an extremely intrinsically rewarding experience.

I have outstanding letters of recommendation for my tutoring there.
Pros
following my bliis -------- "self-actualization"
Always a productive work day with excellent benefits
Full time Account student (Current Employee) –  Omak WAMay 31, 2014
A typical day at my last position would be arriving at 7:50 AM Monday through Friday, clocking in and checking mail. Than the rest folds into place. I learned how to verify accounts through our accounting web data base system and how to account for specific departments revenues. I always got a long with co-workers and we were almost like family. The most enjoyable part of the job was Friday's when we would have a huge company potluck.
Pros
potlucks
Cons
not enough time in the day to finish certain tasks
X
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 23, 2014
Worked for Allied Health. Great group of people. Supported me with a work study position while I attended school at Wenatchee valley College.
Great
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  DormsSeptember 19, 2013
I have to help people if they get locked out. I help my residents with any problem that they have.
Wvc
Adjunct Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJune 27, 2013
Great collegial college to work with. They have high standards and are working collaboratively to improve opportunities for students in the program.
Most exciting place to be a part of effecting change
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAApril 27, 2013
Wenatchee Valley College is connected to their community and devoted to improve the condition of it. The culture was eclectic because the student population was so diverse ranging from immigrants seeking citizenship to adults seeking an associates degree. The environment was professional but relaxed and there was much support to provide ongoing training for employees so that everyone was current in their practice/field. The pay and benefits were very good in terms of comparing with private industry pay in the area.
Pros
culture of improvement
Cons
none really
Student Financial Aide Job
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAFebruary 11, 2012
This job was a part of my Student Financial Aide. Excellent supervisors and working conditions.

4.6