WENDEL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Stressful environment and inappropriate behavior
Docket/Conflicts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 23, 2016
A typical day at work was stressful; inappropriate personnel behavior, as a custom, personnel did not practice providing case specific information for docketing; no direction or support from management, for three months supervisor failed to copy my e-mail for receipt of ECF bankruptcy notices despite my ad hoc bankruptcy assignment and staff under direction of management created redundancy times 3 by manually populating the Outlook calendar with event and deadline descriptions, copying and pasting from the master docket system when docket system and Outlook syncing is automatic; forced to partner up with co-worker who had no interest in docketing and calendaring; the conflicts analyst I was partnered up with was verbally abusive, sarcastic and demeaning; more than one attorney was, as a matter of custom, sarcastic, pompous and contemptuous, constantly complaining about the implementation of Sync Exchange feature of the Compulaw docket system; I was denied an ergonomic keyboard after the keys on previous keyboard began to malfunction. In addition, I was underpaid for the work I was doing by at least 20% to 30% less than my industry counterparts and the firm charged me more, by at least 100.00, for dependent health care benefit, more than a direct policy from the HMO.
Okay place to work
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 4, 2012
-If you're looking for job security in the A&E market in Western New York, this is the place to go. Revenue stream has been okay through this recession.

Valuable experience can be gained working for this firm. How far you go depends on your resource manager and whether or not you fit in with the company culture (which is true with most companies). Non-New Yorkers applying beware! You may not fit in with this mostly New York native firm. Very tight knit group that is not so open to outsiders.

Pay is okay, but not great. Some departments are compensated very very well, others not so much. Again, it depends on your resource manager and principals in charge.

Would i work for again. Yes, as it has helped me make it through this recession. Will i stay with the company long term, probably not. I dislike western new york. New York state is going down! Talk about the nanny state of over taxation, depression and misery. One of the worst i've ever lived in.
Pros
variety of big projects to work on, management is very aware of current trends and revenues
Cons
buffalo is a horrible market to work and live in, pay is okay but not great, no real chance for advancement, way to big of focus on public sector work
Great Job
LEGAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 19, 2012
I loved working her but the commute was horrible. They definitely promoted from within.