wenger feeds Employee Reviews

Former employee
Former feed driver (Former Employee) –  RheemsDecember 12, 2013
I agree with a previous post. Very political environment. Some shadiness going on between driver training school and getting a position. Lining of pockets shady. Poor training for new hires. I will say if you drive here you can drive anywhere. Learning to back was crucial to the position- in the dark made it even more challenging.
Pros
Experience under the belt to move on
Cons
Not enough training. Low pay for what you do.
very sercure job if you can stand politics
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PASeptember 5, 2013
all new equipment- very secure job. Most of the drivers use as stepping stone to get miles under belt then move on. So being in shop get stuck repairing "rookie" mistakes. At time of employment was under shop foreman that would on assigned week of on call would after you'd worked all day would have you go on road call for most of night expect you to be @ work next day and repeat the process. At that time the company had no "spare" trucks and drivers would wine so back to go in a truck that wasn't running that day or night you had to have repairs done for the next drivers shift. Since then they have more trucks than drivers and have replaced the shop foreman. Yet still very political- too many chiefs not enough workers.
Pros
secure job- very close to home - all new equipment
Cons
very political - too many chiefs - driver/mechanic turn over
Many underlying things found out after the fact
Poultry Tech / Egg Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Rheems, PASeptember 24, 2012
Disappointed in how company handled business in what I was involved with daily. Honesty was a key component missing .
Good place to work if you arent alergic to dust.
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PASeptember 6, 2012
Had three people you work with. everyday you would be in a new position like one day recieve corn trucks, or mix feed, or run the pellit mills.The hardest part of the job was the heat.
Great place to work! Cant say that enough!
Poultry House Worker (Former Employee) –  Rheems, PASeptember 6, 2012
I worked in the poultry houses for Wenger's, I learned how to fix a lot of mechanical things, how to spot sick chickens and what to do with them. The managers I dealt with were really good people, they would go out of their way for you if you had a problem. All of my co-workers were great, we got along well and worked together. I really enjoyed the job so I can't say there was anything hard about it. I wish I was still with the company today!
Pros
benefits, great people

2.4