Wentworth-Douglass Hospital

Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Atmosphere
Perioperative Assistant (Current Employee), Dover, NHJune 30, 2015
The patients and co-workers make this a great place to work. Helping the patients in need, make me feel like I have accomplished and helped someone every day.
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Dover, NHMay 12, 2015
Pros: peers, equipment is always up to date and dependable, on going improvements
Cons: No lunch break or a short break on busy days
I work 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week, a range of 4-6 patient assignment, acutely ill patients. The hardest part of the job I will say is when we are short staffed. I have learned when you work with a team you can depend on and a critical situation arises it most important and I do work with strong nurses and also have a clinical nurse specialist which I feel is an asset to our unit. I enjoy my patients, their families and my job in general.
Great work place
Medical Assistant/ Patient Access II (Current Employee), Dover, NHMay 5, 2015
This is a gorgeous facility and has a great group of people. The employee culture and teamwork here makes for an irreplaceable work environment.
Great small hospital
LNA/HUC (Current Employee), Dover, NHApril 27, 2015
I enjoy the staff I work with and the fast pace of my department. Upper management needs work - very negative and ineffective, effects morale negatively.
Good place to work!
Environmental Services Floor Care Specialist (Current Employee), Dover, NHApril 22, 2015
Seeing a lot different people at the hospital is a good way to see how you are with meeting new people from the community.A typical work day the same thing every night. I learned that the harder you work the more people will trust you with responsibilities.The management for my department is fine. The hardest part of the job is doing the same thing every night. The most enjoyable part of the job is having weekends off.
Great place to work!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Dover New HampshireApril 18, 2015
Wentworth Douglas Hospital is an amazing place to work. I learned so much in the short amount of time i was there. The management team is excellent and will work with you when you need it. They are very understanding about just about everything and they make the environment great to work in for everyone. My favorite part of the job is interacting with the patients when we deliver their meals. To most of them we make their day by bringing them their meals. I love meeting them all. I enjoy seeing them smile when i walk in. Wentworth Douglas Hospital is definitely a great place to work.
Always work to be done however mangement is not helpful
Patient Access (Current Employee), Dover, NHApril 8, 2015
Enjoyable work and great patient service. However, mangement skills are less than desire and advancement is difficult.
Excellent teamwork and patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Dover, NHSeptember 11, 2014
Very nice facility with great staff and equipment.

A positive environment for excellent teamwork and patient care.
Grocery Store
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Somersworth, NHJuly 17, 2014
I was younger when I worked at Market Basket so from what I remembered a typical day as a cashier went by sort of slow, but the hours were really flexible and the management was willing to work with my high school schedule.
Great for patients but for employees turnover is frequent for a reason!
ultrasound (Former Employee), Dover, NHJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay, accomplished team of professionals
Cons: favoritism, poor management, professionalism and talents undermined by work environment
Management was very poor and though training was available for them and required they were not required to follow those policies. Any past employees of recent years I've spoken with have similarly been disappointed by the work environment and management having an attitude of catch them at their worst, rather than focusing on true improvement for real issues. At best it was a stressful work environment due to always feeling under review or at risk for dismissal, at worst gossip and vendettas were believed first and put into your personal file as truth leading to termination.
Awesome place
medical assistant (Current Employee), dover nhMarch 17, 2014
I love it here. I am moving back to new jersey and thats why i am looking for a new job
Very stressful environment
Middle management (Former Employee), DoverMarch 11, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: micro management, lots of stress, little support
Heavy handed management. Lots of cliques and favoritism shown. Human resources in management's pocket. Lots of inappropriate behavior (sex, drugs, and illegal activities) take place. Management tells supervisors to target certain people and "work them out" of the system. It was a sad and stressful couple of years. Glad I got out when I did.
Must be strong and resilient. Be able to multi task. Great patients.
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: pay, developed relationship with co-workers, great patients, discounts ie:pharmacy, movie tickets, materials management
Cons: no breaks, micromanaging, low morale/fear
The MD office was very stressful. Co-workers work with low morale and fear of the unknown. Lead person for Front desk can be unprofessional. Micro-managing at all times. The Representatives, nurses and doctors are great! Did get to build a good relationship with all the patients. If left alone to do the work needed could be a great job. Everything you do is scrutinized. So unless you can let things roll off your back I would not recommend this job . No amount of money is worth this much stress.
Great community hospital with exceptional physicians. High level of autonomy for repiratory therapists in a beautifully renovated hospital.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 18, 2014
Outstanding pulmonary department with exceptional pulmonary and hospitalist physican staff. Many long served respiratory therapist who are a fountain of knowledge. Excellent management and leadership.
Great place to work but some management positions could be reviewed.
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 16, 2014
Enjoyed this job! Had a hard time with department manager. Some partiality was shown and schedules were often changed when not needed.
Management is very weak
Cardiovascular Specialist (Former Employee), Dover, NHDecember 3, 2013
Management has a weak force to keep employees actively engaged in daily activities. There is a lack of responsibility and ownership. I would not recommend this employer to any cath lab techs.
My PSC was a great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Dover, NHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: no management breathing down our necks
Cons: over worked and under paid
I loved going to work everyday. It was a very busy site and we all left tired at the end of the day. My patients made it all worthwhile.
Health Unit Coordinator responsible for maintaining Hospital floor functioning properly.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Dover, NHOctober 4, 2013
Working as a HUC has been a great experience. I have the hardest working co-workers in the world! Nurses rock! Just had to give a little shout out. Anyway, my day consists of making sure patients are getting what they need when they call the Nurse Navacare system. Patient care is our number one priority that is why it is so important to work together as a team with our nursing, physician, case management and social worker staff. Organization is of utmost importance as the day usually starts by assigning nurses and LNA's to their patients in our computer system. We ensure patients have their blood sugars checked for meals by notifying staff. Send patients to proper testing, working with physicians, nurses, case management and social work when admitting and discharging patients to home, rehabs or other hospitals. Place orders for physicians that do not yet use the computer order entry. Ensure stat orders are done immediately. In between all this we are answering phones, faxing and constantly communicating with staff whenever we get new orders or updates on patients. This job is very rewarding!
Exciting, growing hospital
CPhT (Current Employee), Dover, NHAugust 13, 2013
It has been exciting to see this hospital grow and expand so much in the past few years. I continue to learn new things every day.
Not a good place to work
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Dover, NHJuly 19, 2013
I would not recommend working at this hospital. There are many people working there who should not be. I think the hospital cares more about how much money they are making than the patients.