Wentworth-Douglass Hospital

Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Employee Reviews

productive workplace, professional, patient driven
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 4, 2016
Working in my community for Wentworth Douglas Hospital since 2004, has been a great professional and life growth experience. During my time with Wentworth Douglas Hospital I have been given may opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. I am gratefule for every experience.
Pros
Professional Development advocates
Cons
distance from my home
Very busy servicing patients and solving problems
Lab Technician/ Plebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 25, 2015
Enjoyed working as a part-time employee in the lab, as I have always enjoyed the medical field.
We worked as a team and sometimes very busy in servicing the people.
Pros
Good job and work with nice people
Cons
There were always new benefit requiements and annual tests
As an employer - fair
Oncology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 4, 2015
As in many Healthcare facilities, the atmosphere is "work harder with less staff". Benefits to employees are being cut & costing more & they are being compensated less. However, it IS a non-profit hospital that serves a large number of communities in both New Hampshire & Maine.
management
Cardiovascular Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 22, 2015
An amazing place to work, management skills leave much to be desiered but I am sure can get better with time. Lots of learning experiences
Good job with bad management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 20, 2015
There are lots of different things you can do at this job, dishes, delivering patient trays, assembling trays, taking patient orders, stocking inpatient and outpatient areas, deli and grill, serving entrees, stocking soda cooler, stocking chip racks, and cashier. The job itself isn't the problem it is the management. They micromanage, play favorites and harass employees.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
management, understaffed
Productive office, still new
medical assistant/ lead medical assitant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed this office very much. The core idea and intention for this office was genius.
Co-workers were very much the stereotypical office type, with much gossip and cattiness.
The providers were amazing, and patient for the most part were just grateful to be seen.
Pros
A lot of exposure to new things
Cons
coworkers
I was able to learn about myself and grow
Prep and Scan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 23, 2015
My time spent in the Medical Records Department of Wentworth-Douglass Hospital has taught me much about responsibility and team work. Working in such a professional setting has also instilled in me a greater respect for work place professionalism.
travel nurse position 1 year
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 13, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. The hospital itself has many safety practices in place, and the staff are friendly and helpful. I have very much enjoyed the time I have spent there.
Stressful and unprofessional.
Food Service Worker Date (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 1, 2015
This company overall, was not too bad. But it was not good either. It was a very stressful work environment, employees were treated unfairly, and with disrespect at times.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Great Atmosphere
Perioperative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 30, 2015
The patients and co-workers make this a great place to work. Helping the patients in need, make me feel like I have accomplished and helped someone every day.
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 12, 2015
I work 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week, a range of 4-6 patient assignment, acutely ill patients. The hardest part of the job I will say is when we are short staffed. I have learned when you work with a team you can depend on and a critical situation arises it most important and I do work with strong nurses and also have a clinical nurse specialist which I feel is an asset to our unit. I enjoy my patients, their families and my job in general.
Pros
peers, equipment is always up to date and dependable, on going improvements
Cons
No lunch break or a short break on busy days
Great work place
Medical Assistant/ Patient Access II (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 5, 2015
This is a gorgeous facility and has a great group of people. The employee culture and teamwork here makes for an irreplaceable work environment.
Great small hospital
LNA/HUC (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 27, 2015
I enjoy the staff I work with and the fast pace of my department. Upper management needs work - very negative and ineffective, effects morale negatively.
Good place to work!
Environmental Services Floor Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 22, 2015
Seeing a lot different people at the hospital is a good way to see how you are with meeting new people from the community.A typical work day the same thing every night. I learned that the harder you work the more people will trust you with responsibilities.The management for my department is fine. The hardest part of the job is doing the same thing every night. The most enjoyable part of the job is having weekends off.
Great place to work!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover New HampshireApril 18, 2015
Wentworth Douglas Hospital is an amazing place to work. I learned so much in the short amount of time i was there. The management team is excellent and will work with you when you need it. They are very understanding about just about everything and they make the environment great to work in for everyone. My favorite part of the job is interacting with the patients when we deliver their meals. To most of them we make their day by bringing them their meals. I love meeting them all. I enjoy seeing them smile when i walk in. Wentworth Douglas Hospital is definitely a great place to work.
Always work to be done however mangement is not helpful
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 8, 2015
Enjoyable work and great patient service. However, mangement skills are less than desire and advancement is difficult.
Grocery Store
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJuly 17, 2014
I was younger when I worked at Market Basket so from what I remembered a typical day as a cashier went by sort of slow, but the hours were really flexible and the management was willing to work with my high school schedule.
Great for patients but for employees turnover is frequent for a reason!
ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 10, 2014
Management was very poor and though training was available for them and required they were not required to follow those policies. Any past employees of recent years I've spoken with have similarly been disappointed by the work environment and management having an attitude of catch them at their worst, rather than focusing on true improvement for real issues. At best it was a stressful work environment due to always feeling under review or at risk for dismissal, at worst gossip and vendettas were believed first and put into your personal file as truth leading to termination.
Pros
pay, accomplished team of professionals
Cons
favoritism, poor management, professionalism and talents undermined by work environment
Awesome place
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  dover nhMarch 17, 2014
I love it here. I am moving back to new jersey and thats why i am looking for a new job
Very stressful environment
Middle management (Former Employee) –  DoverMarch 11, 2014
Heavy handed management. Lots of cliques and favoritism shown. Human resources in management's pocket. Lots of inappropriate behavior (sex, drugs, and illegal activities) take place. Management tells supervisors to target certain people and "work them out" of the system. It was a sad and stressful couple of years. Glad I got out when I did.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
micro management, lots of stress, little support