Wentworth-Douglass Hospital

Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Good stepping stone into Law Enforcement
Security Shift Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 7, 2016
Too much micro managing
I was employed there too long
co-workers fun group
management consistently trying to set officers up for failure
benefits
Cons
untrustworthy
Good job with bad management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 20, 2015
There are lots of different things you can do at this job, dishes, delivering patient trays, assembling trays, taking patient orders, stocking inpatient and outpatient areas, deli and grill, serving entrees, stocking soda cooler, stocking chip racks, and cashier. The job itself isn't the problem it is the management. They micromanage, play favorites and harass employees.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
management, understaffed
As an employer - fair
Oncology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 4, 2015
As in many Healthcare facilities, the atmosphere is "work harder with less staff". Benefits to employees are being cut & costing more & they are being compensated less. However, it IS a non-profit hospital that serves a large number of communities in both New Hampshire & Maine.
Management Issues
Biller (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 23, 2016
The entire W-DH Revenue Management team does not treat their staff with respect or show appreciation for their hard work.
VP of Revenue was condescending and insulting to her staff on a regular basis. This happened on the floor in the presence of coworkers and in monthly staff meetings when her entire department was present.
Despite complaints from several employees to management and HR they did nothing to resolve disrespectful and uncooperative treatment between teammates and did little to promote a happy work environment overall. This department suffered with continued low morale and high turn over.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours
Cons
No support from management or HR when issues arise.
discounts on recreation and daycare
Admitting Liaison/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 24, 2016
hours usually start early, i learned alot of the healthcare systems and processes, its a hard place to work because the co workers are really clicky and unwelcoming, management is to young to really handle the problems at hand and often are friends with the others. I would not go back,
Dont work here if you dont want to be harassed!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 27, 2016
Management is awful, they micromanage, play favorites, yell and swear and make people cry. They don't help when you need it, and don't like you if don't play along. They don't work with people's schedules, either. Benefits are decent, but health insurance deductible is insane.
Benefits
Cons
Harassment, favoritism, micromanaging, scheduling
Stressful and unprofessional.
Food Service Worker Date (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 1, 2015
This company overall, was not too bad. But it was not good either. It was a very stressful work environment, employees were treated unfairly, and with disrespect at times.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
awesome
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 12, 2016
amazing place to work, the teamwork on the nursing units can't be beat. Nurses work hard to increase patient outcomes and satisfaction
productive workplace, professional, patient driven
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 4, 2016
Working in my community for Wentworth Douglas Hospital since 2004, has been a great professional and life growth experience. During my time with Wentworth Douglas Hospital I have been given may opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. I am gratefule for every experience.
Pros
Professional Development advocates
Cons
distance from my home
Very busy servicing patients and solving problems
Lab Technician/ Plebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 25, 2015
Enjoyed working as a part-time employee in the lab, as I have always enjoyed the medical field.
We worked as a team and sometimes very busy in servicing the people.
Pros
Good job and work with nice people
Cons
There were always new benefit requiements and annual tests
management
Cardiovascular Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 22, 2015
An amazing place to work, management skills leave much to be desiered but I am sure can get better with time. Lots of learning experiences
Productive office, still new
medical assistant/ lead medical assitant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed this office very much. The core idea and intention for this office was genius.
Co-workers were very much the stereotypical office type, with much gossip and cattiness.
The providers were amazing, and patient for the most part were just grateful to be seen.
Pros
A lot of exposure to new things
Cons
coworkers
I was able to learn about myself and grow
Prep and Scan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 23, 2015
My time spent in the Medical Records Department of Wentworth-Douglass Hospital has taught me much about responsibility and team work. Working in such a professional setting has also instilled in me a greater respect for work place professionalism.
Great place to work!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover New HampshireApril 18, 2015
Wentworth Douglas Hospital is an amazing place to work. I learned so much in the short amount of time i was there. The management team is excellent and will work with you when you need it. They are very understanding about just about everything and they make the environment great to work in for everyone. My favorite part of the job is interacting with the patients when we deliver their meals. To most of them we make their day by bringing them their meals. I love meeting them all. I enjoy seeing them smile when i walk in. Wentworth Douglas Hospital is definitely a great place to work.
Great work environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 3, 2013
Peers were collaborative and believed in mentorship. Organization provides many opportunities for learning and great benifits.
travel nurse position 1 year
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 13, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. The hospital itself has many safety practices in place, and the staff are friendly and helpful. I have very much enjoyed the time I have spent there.
Good place to work!
Environmental Services Floor Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 22, 2015
Seeing a lot different people at the hospital is a good way to see how you are with meeting new people from the community.A typical work day the same thing every night. I learned that the harder you work the more people will trust you with responsibilities.The management for my department is fine. The hardest part of the job is doing the same thing every night. The most enjoyable part of the job is having weekends off.
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 12, 2015
I work 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week, a range of 4-6 patient assignment, acutely ill patients. The hardest part of the job I will say is when we are short staffed. I have learned when you work with a team you can depend on and a critical situation arises it most important and I do work with strong nurses and also have a clinical nurse specialist which I feel is an asset to our unit. I enjoy my patients, their families and my job in general.
Pros
peers, equipment is always up to date and dependable, on going improvements
Cons
No lunch break or a short break on busy days
Great for patients but for employees turnover is frequent for a reason!
ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 10, 2014
Management was very poor and though training was available for them and required they were not required to follow those policies. Any past employees of recent years I've spoken with have similarly been disappointed by the work environment and management having an attitude of catch them at their worst, rather than focusing on true improvement for real issues. At best it was a stressful work environment due to always feeling under review or at risk for dismissal, at worst gossip and vendettas were believed first and put into your personal file as truth leading to termination.
Pros
pay, accomplished team of professionals
Cons
favoritism, poor management, professionalism and talents undermined by work environment
Must be strong and resilient. Be able to multi task. Great patients.
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 18, 2014
The MD office was very stressful. Co-workers work with low morale and fear of the unknown. Lead person for Front desk can be unprofessional. Micro-managing at all times. The Representatives, nurses and doctors are great! Did get to build a good relationship with all the patients. If left alone to do the work needed could be a great job. Everything you do is scrutinized. So unless you can let things roll off your back I would not recommend this job . No amount of money is worth this much stress.
Pros
pay, developed relationship with co-workers, great patients, discounts ie:pharmacy, movie tickets, materials management
Cons
no breaks, micromanaging, low morale/fear

2.7