Wentworth-Douglass Hospital

Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Employer Reviews

Grocery Store
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Somersworth, NHJuly 17, 2014
I was younger when I worked at Market Basket so from what I remembered a typical day as a cashier went by sort of slow, but the hours were really flexible and the management was willing to work with my high school schedule.
Great for patients but for employees turnover is frequent for a reason!
ultrasound (Former Employee), Dover, NHJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay, accomplished team of professionals
Cons: favoritism, poor management, professionalism and talents undermined by work environment
Management was very poor and though training was available for them and required they were not required to follow those policies. Any past employees of recent years I've spoken with have similarly been disappointed by the work environment and management having an attitude of catch them at their worst, rather than focusing on true improvement for real – more... issues. At best it was a stressful work environment due to always feeling under review or at risk for dismissal, at worst gossip and vendettas were believed first and put into your personal file as truth leading to termination. – less
Awesome place
medical assistant (Current Employee), dover nhMarch 17, 2014
I love it here. I am moving back to new jersey and thats why i am looking for a new job
Very stressful environment
Middle management (Former Employee), DoverMarch 11, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: micro management, lots of stress, little support
Heavy handed management. Lots of cliques and favoritism shown. Human resources in management's pocket. Lots of inappropriate behavior (sex, drugs, and illegal activities) take place. Management tells supervisors to target certain people and "work them out" of the system. It was a sad and stressful couple of years. Glad I got out when I did.
Must be strong and resilient. Be able to multi task. Great patients.
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: pay, developed relationship with co-workers, great patients, discounts ie:pharmacy, movie tickets, materials management
Cons: no breaks, micromanaging, low morale/fear
The MD office was very stressful. Co-workers work with low morale and fear of the unknown. Lead person for Front desk can be unprofessional. Micro-managing at all times. The Representatives, nurses and doctors are great! Did get to build a good relationship with all the patients. If left alone to do the work needed could be a great job. Everything you – more... do is scrutinized. So unless you can let things roll off your back I would not recommend this job . No amount of money is worth this much stress. – less
Great community hospital with exceptional physicians. High level of autonomy for repiratory therapists in a beautifully renovated hospital.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 18, 2014
Outstanding pulmonary department with exceptional pulmonary and hospitalist physican staff. Many long served respiratory therapist who are a fountain of knowledge. Excellent management and leadership.
Great place to work but some management positions could be reviewed.
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 16, 2014
Enjoyed this job! Had a hard time with department manager. Some partiality was shown and schedules were often changed when not needed.
Management is very weak
Cardiovascular Specialist (Former Employee), Dover, NHDecember 3, 2013
Management has a weak force to keep employees actively engaged in daily activities. There is a lack of responsibility and ownership. I would not recommend this employer to any cath lab techs.
My PSC was a great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Dover, NHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: no management breathing down our necks
Cons: over worked and under paid
I loved going to work everyday. It was a very busy site and we all left tired at the end of the day. My patients made it all worthwhile.
Health Unit Coordinator responsible for maintaining Hospital floor functioning properly.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Dover, NHOctober 4, 2013
Working as a HUC has been a great experience. I have the hardest working co-workers in the world! Nurses rock! Just had to give a little shout out. Anyway, my day consists of making sure patients are getting what they need when they call the Nurse Navacare system. Patient care is our number one priority that is why it is so important to work together – more... as a team with our nursing, physician, case management and social worker staff. Organization is of utmost importance as the day usually starts by assigning nurses and LNA's to their patients in our computer system. We ensure patients have their blood sugars checked for meals by notifying staff. Send patients to proper testing, working with physicians, nurses, case management and social work when admitting and discharging patients to home, rehabs or other hospitals. Place orders for physicians that do not yet use the computer order entry. Ensure stat orders are done immediately. In between all this we are answering phones, faxing and constantly communicating with staff whenever we get new orders or updates on patients. This job is very rewarding! – less
Exciting, growing hospital
CPhT (Current Employee), Dover, NHAugust 13, 2013
It has been exciting to see this hospital grow and expand so much in the past few years. I continue to learn new things every day.
Not a good place to work
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Dover, NHJuly 19, 2013
I would not recommend working at this hospital. There are many people working there who should not be. I think the hospital cares more about how much money they are making than the patients.
Very stressful jobs-
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Dover, NHJuly 18, 2013
Pros: a chance to shadow and learn about your future path in healthcare
Cons: short breaks
They should hire more LNAs to work on each floor and assign less patients to all the nurses and the LNAs so that patients can get better quality of care and also the staffs can be happier.
Great work environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Dover, NHJune 3, 2013
Peers were collaborative and believed in mentorship. Organization provides many opportunities for learning and great benifits.
Professional and productive work place.
Cash Poster (Former Employee), Dover, NHApril 29, 2013
•Researched credit balances to determine ownership according to departmental standards.
•Maintained current knowledge and competency in Patient Accounting obtained through previous banking, as well as professional training at Wentworth Douglass Hospital.
•Read, reviewed and determined insurance payments on EOBs by understanding various insurances obligations.
•Applied – more... insurance payments accurately to patient’s accounts by determining the contractual adjustments and payments. – less
was a great environment to work in
Biller 11 (Former Employee), Dover, NHOctober 10, 2012
Pros: taking lunch when you wanted it
Cons: no flex time
very busy day
learned something new everyday
management was very nice
hardest part was explaining bills to the elderly
enjoyed working with the staff
1st job
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Dover, NHJuly 31, 2012
Pros: 1st employment after graduation.
Cons: unfriendly, no cross training
This was my first job after graduation. Would not even consider working there again. Co-workers are rude,uncaring and unwelcoming. You have no chance for cross training
Human Resource Generalist at WDH
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Dover, NHJune 19, 2012
Great Healthcare Company. Wonderful mission, vision and core values. Many hard-working leaders and employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is supporting many talented individuals.

August 24, 2012

How many hours per week would you say you work on average?