Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Employee Reviews

Bad experience for me
Security Dept - Safety Monitor (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 10, 2016
I worked as a safety monitor for 6 months which was still a new program. I am a lifelong resident of Dover and very familiar with WDH as a patient and thought it would be a good stepping stone. I liked that I could work later in the evening and be on call, but after a while I started to feel like I was always under review or at risk to be fired even though I know I did my job the right way and followed the rules, there was intimidation used by management and it just took my by surprise, b/c my co-workers would agree that I was a good employee, it seemed like just an excuse to bully an employee for whatever reason. There are many good employees and nurses, but I had no support from many of the nurses (which this job was supposed to do, which was be a helping hand to nurses) and I felt that I was invading their space. Very cliquey, if you're not a doctor or have a badge you are given no respect. I eventually resigned. It would be much better for this program if they put in new management that actually knew how to interact with their employees in a respectful way and treat them like human beings. Since it's a new program this current management is able to get away with their behavior, despite seeking help from human resources.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Favoritism, rude co-workers, harassment, unprofessionalism, no health benefits
Friendly and enjoyable place to work
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 29, 2016
I worked for Wentworth-Douglass Hospital for 14 years and would still be working there if I had not been laid off. They were some of the most enjoyable years I have had since I started working.
Pros
benefits, friendliness
Cardio Admin Specialist/Cath Lab Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 6, 2016
Cardiovascular was an amazing place. All my coworkers were amazing. Management was wonderful. I learned a lot of skill sets in my position there. All the surgeons were willing to teach you.
Transport
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 8, 2016
Run by terrible management. People who have never done the job telling you how to do yours. Constant threat of job loss very unappreciated workers. I can be easily replaced.
Cons
Long hours low pay under staffed under appreciated
Great place to work once the management was settled back down
Transporter/LNA (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 1, 2016
The crews were fabulous to be apart of. My supervisor was an awesome guy. The upper management moved around a lot which made if hard on supervisors. But all in all a great place to work.
Pros
Great schedules.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
level 3 trauma center
Emergency room nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 14, 2016
Typical day was triaging patients, providing care to all patients with a team based approach.
Co-workers were some of the best I have ever had the fortune to work with.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no management
Dont work here if you dont want to be harassed!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 27, 2016
Management is awful, they micromanage, play favorites, yell and swear and make people cry. They don't help when you need it, and don't like you if don't play along. They don't work with people's schedules, either. Benefits are decent, but health insurance deductible is insane.
Benefits
Cons
Harassment, favoritism, micromanaging, scheduling
Coworkers were great management needs tons of work
Lab (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 6, 2016
I have worked here for several years I love the hospital, unfortunately most of us are overworked and underapreiciated. Short staffed and asked to do more than your own workload most days. Micromanaged is the key word with less than desirable management skills that cause unhappy and burnt out employees.
Pros
Working with patients
Wonderful Hospital
Emergency Department Staff Nurse and Educator (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 27, 2016
MCH is an amazing place to work! The staff love it here and the administration is supportive of the staff. The staff take great care of the patients and their families.
Junior High
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 30, 2016
Miserable housewives dept. Management enjoys the gossip and favoritism. Can't tell management you've been sexually harassed or bullied by one of his favorites. Must be why they're always hiring.
Pros
Going home after work
Cons
Favoritism, management, catty co-workers

Want to know more about Wentworth-Douglass Hospital?

Ask a question
Good stepping stone into Law Enforcement
Security Shift Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 7, 2016
Too much micro managing
I was employed there too long
co-workers fun group
management consistently trying to set officers up for failure
benefits
Cons
untrustworthy
great hospital
Registered Nurse, Critical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 21, 2016
I enjoy working at this institution. Great co-workers. Great providers. Clean, safe facility. Overall, a great place to work. I would recommend it to both potential employees and to patients.
Good job with bad management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 20, 2015
There are lots of different things you can do at this job, dishes, delivering patient trays, assembling trays, taking patient orders, stocking inpatient and outpatient areas, deli and grill, serving entrees, stocking soda cooler, stocking chip racks, and cashier. The job itself isn't the problem it is the management. They micromanage, play favorites and harass employees.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
management, understaffed
As an employer - fair
Oncology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 4, 2015
As in many Healthcare facilities, the atmosphere is "work harder with less staff". Benefits to employees are being cut & costing more & they are being compensated less. However, it IS a non-profit hospital that serves a large number of communities in both New Hampshire & Maine.
discounts on recreation and daycare
Admitting Liaison/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 24, 2016
hours usually start early, i learned alot of the healthcare systems and processes, its a hard place to work because the co workers are really clicky and unwelcoming, management is to young to really handle the problems at hand and often are friends with the others. I would not go back,
awesome
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 12, 2016
amazing place to work, the teamwork on the nursing units can't be beat. Nurses work hard to increase patient outcomes and satisfaction
Stressful and unprofessional.
Food Service Worker Date (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 1, 2015
This company overall, was not too bad. But it was not good either. It was a very stressful work environment, employees were treated unfairly, and with disrespect at times.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Great place to work!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover New HampshireApril 18, 2015
Wentworth Douglas Hospital is an amazing place to work. I learned so much in the short amount of time i was there. The management team is excellent and will work with you when you need it. They are very understanding about just about everything and they make the environment great to work in for everyone. My favorite part of the job is interacting with the patients when we deliver their meals. To most of them we make their day by bringing them their meals. I love meeting them all. I enjoy seeing them smile when i walk in. Wentworth Douglas Hospital is definitely a great place to work.
Great for patients but for employees turnover is frequent for a reason!
ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 10, 2014
Management was very poor and though training was available for them and required they were not required to follow those policies. Any past employees of recent years I've spoken with have similarly been disappointed by the work environment and management having an attitude of catch them at their worst, rather than focusing on true improvement for real issues. At best it was a stressful work environment due to always feeling under review or at risk for dismissal, at worst gossip and vendettas were believed first and put into your personal file as truth leading to termination.
Pros
pay, accomplished team of professionals
Cons
favoritism, poor management, professionalism and talents undermined by work environment
Must be strong and resilient. Be able to multi task. Great patients.
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 18, 2014
The MD office was very stressful. Co-workers work with low morale and fear of the unknown. Lead person for Front desk can be unprofessional. Micro-managing at all times. The Representatives, nurses and doctors are great! Did get to build a good relationship with all the patients. If left alone to do the work needed could be a great job. Everything you do is scrutinized. So unless you can let things roll off your back I would not recommend this job . No amount of money is worth this much stress.
Pros
Pay, developed relationship with co-workers, great patients, Discounts ie:pharmacy, movie tickets, materials management
Cons
No breaks, micromanaging, low morale/fear

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9