Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent hosptial
Licensed Nursing Assistant/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 10, 2018
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is a great organization to work for. You will love not only the people you work with, but the patients you care for as well.
Positive work experience
Medical Transcriptionist II (CHDS) (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 5, 2017
Very positive 11+ years of service with excellent benefits. I was sorry to have been laid off due to outsourcing. Overall a very positive environment to work in.
Great Employee Culture
Human Resources Intern / Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 3, 2017
Working their was great. Management care about employee development, and compensates employees respectively. Colleagues are very friendly and compassionate about their work.
Pros
Make your move to improve program, recognition through awards and compensation.
Cons
large organization, hard to meet everyone
Registration
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 23, 2017
Registered patients through emergency department by walk in or by ambulance.
Doctors were amazing, my manager was amazing. Nursing staff amazing. Upper management not so much support.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Upper management
busy practice
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 29, 2017
Long days at a busy practice. I was hired to work 36 hours. It was rare if I didn't work 40 or more. Practice was short on patient rooms and clinical staff. People and providers in the office were great!
Friendly and comfortable work environment
Safety Monitor (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 7, 2017
Great people, great atmosphere, and a great place to work. There is a lot to learn and it is always a busy place, but the other employees are always willing to teach and help out.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 25, 2017
Hard work but a great team environment. The stress is that we don't have enough nurses. They do offer tuition reimbursement and extra pay to cover the open shifts.
Good case exposure
CST Student Clinical Training (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 31, 2017
I did a clinical rotation as a CST student at WDH, and I was able to gain exposure to many different specialties. I was given the opportunity to learn as much as I could, and treated very well by other employees.
Productive and fun work place
Peri-operative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 15, 2017
I had a good supervisor that encouraged me to push myself harder and chase my dreams. Unfortunately, My dream ended up with me moving to another designation which is why I had to leave.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours, good management
Great hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 7, 2017
Awesome teamwork, supportive environment. Nurses work well together on each unit. Hospital is growing in a good direction. Magnet status has been obtained.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Patients feel like they are in a hotel
Friendly and enjoyable place to work
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 29, 2016
I worked for Wentworth-Douglass Hospital for 14 years and would still be working there if I had not been laid off. They were some of the most enjoyable years I have had since I started working.
Pros
benefits, friendliness
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 29, 2016
Great place to work, great staff, great patients. The only downfall is the management (HR) team does not like to see you grow and move up in the company unless you have schooling or a ton of experience. Not enough faith in people with none or little experience regardless of how many years you have bee there,
Wonderful Hospital
Emergency Department Staff Nurse and Educator (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 27, 2016
MCH is an amazing place to work! The staff love it here and the administration is supportive of the staff. The staff take great care of the patients and their families.
Cardio Admin Specialist/Cath Lab Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 6, 2016
Cardiovascular was an amazing place. All my coworkers were amazing. Management was wonderful. I learned a lot of skill sets in my position there. All the surgeons were willing to teach you.
Great place to work once the management was settled back down
Transporter/LNA (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 1, 2016
The crews were fabulous to be apart of. My supervisor was an awesome guy. The upper management moved around a lot which made if hard on supervisors. But all in all a great place to work.
Pros
Great schedules.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
level 3 trauma center
Emergency room nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 14, 2016
Typical day was triaging patients, providing care to all patients with a team based approach.
Co-workers were some of the best I have ever had the fortune to work with.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no management
great hospital
Registered Nurse, Critical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 21, 2016
I enjoy working at this institution. Great co-workers. Great providers. Clean, safe facility. Overall, a great place to work. I would recommend it to both potential employees and to patients.
Bad experience for me
Security Dept - Safety Monitor (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 10, 2016
I worked as a safety monitor for 6 months which was still a new program. I am a lifelong resident of Dover and very familiar with WDH as a patient and thought it would be a good stepping stone. I liked that I could work later in the evening and be on call, but after a while I started to feel like I was always under review or at risk to be fired even though I know I did my job the right way and followed the rules, there was intimidation used by management and it just took my by surprise, b/c my co-workers would agree that I was a good employee, it seemed like just an excuse to bully an employee for whatever reason. There are many good employees and nurses, but I had no support from many of the nurses (which this job was supposed to do, which was be a helping hand to nurses) and I felt that I was invading their space. Very cliquey, if you're not a doctor or have a badge you are given no respect. I eventually resigned. It would be much better for this program if they put in new management that actually knew how to interact with their employees in a respectful way and treat them like human beings. Since it's a new program this current management is able to get away with their behavior, despite seeking help from human resources.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Favoritism, rude co-workers, harassment, unprofessionalism, no health benefits
Transport
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 8, 2016
Run by terrible management. People who have never done the job telling you how to do yours. Constant threat of job loss very unappreciated workers. I can be easily replaced.
Cons
Long hours low pay under staffed under appreciated
Junior High
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 30, 2016
Miserable housewives dept. Management enjoys the gossip and favoritism. Can't tell management you've been sexually harassed or bullied by one of his favorites. Must be why they're always hiring.
Pros
Going home after work
Cons
Favoritism, management, catty co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Reviews by Location