Wentzville R-IV School District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Easy place to work with horrible pay and bosses
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 12, 2017
This is a very easy place to work. But you have to deal then with low pay and horrible management. Every employee is unhappy with management. Directors of most departments are just hired because they know somebody it seems. They do not understand what they are doing and make very biased decisions that affect thousands of people and they just don't care what the majority want. Whatever they want is what they get. We just spent $20,000 of district taxpayer money on sunglasses for every student in the district so they can watch the eclipse later this year (2017). They make you use their benefits even if you don't want to. I get paid around $16/hour and take home about $5 with taxes and everything the district makes me pay. The jobs are mindless and easy though. You don't need a brain to work here. In fact a brain is discouraged here. Do what your superior wants no matter how idiotic.
Pros
Easy, A lot of free time
Cons
Pay, Management
Great district but poor work/life balance
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 10, 2016
Wentzville is a fantastic school district with a lot of growth. They are leaders in education and their students excel. Unfortunately, they expect a lot from their teachers/staff, but do not provide ample time outside the classroom to do so. Prepare to work additional hours daily/weekly at home.
Pros
Fantastic school district
Cons
Poor work/life balance
good place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  transportationMay 29, 2016
Excellent part-time job for young mothers or retired persons!!! Fun people and a great management staff. kids are great and it is just a fun overall enviroment
Pros
can be on th same school schedule as your children
Cons
hot on the bus in the summer
Extra Duty position
Color Guard Sponsor - Holt High School (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 29, 2015
This is an extracurricular activity that starts in June and goes through April. In the fall the color guard performs with the marching band and during the winter and spring the color guard competes indoors. I have two great coaches who work with me.
The hardest part of the job is seeing a student get frustrated as they learn a new skill. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a student achieve a skill and get excited about it.
Wonderful teammates and environment at the building level.
Before and After Care Facilitator, Custodian (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 4, 2013
As a custodian for the district, a typical day for me involves clocking on at 3:30pm. I typically check in with the main office to see if there is anything specific our administrators would like done for the day. After that, I proceed to my assigned hallway to take out the trash and clean the rooms.

My co-workers have been awesome! We work well together as a team, and are able to accomplish a lot. The most difficult part of the job for me is when someone is absent and we have to figure out how to get the extra areas clean too. I enjoy getting to talk with the teachers that stay late, and get to know about them and their lives as I clean their rooms.

Our management has always been helpful, although; sometimes it doesn't seem like there is good communication between the different supervisory levels.
Wentzville R-IV School District
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 20, 2013
A typical day started at 2:30 p.m. and ended at 11:00 p.m. I was responsible for cleaning all classrooms and restrooms on my hallway as well as hallways and other common areas including the gymnasium and snow removal during inclimate weather. During the summer months I was responsible for stripping, waxing, buffing, and general cleanup of all classroom floors, restrooms and moving of furniture. I also used power scrubbers, buffers and other cleaning equipment to insure the job was completed as required. I learned that there is more to maintaining a clean learning environment in our public schools than people realize. It requires a lot of hard work and self motivation to perform the job of a custodian. The management was a little lacking due to the continuous lack of communications between the school principal and the teachers and staff but all in all it was a great working experience. My co-workers were great and we all had a good working relationship and we all helped each other out on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure that all the teachers and staff members were satisfied with their classrooms. It was rather easy for me as I had a great relationship with all the teachers on my hallway and I would ask them once a week if there was anything that they needed that I wasn't doing that they would like to have done to their classroom. I would even help them with extra things that weren't included in the job description. The best part about the job is I really liked all my co-workers and teachers. It was an all around great place to work and a wonderful  more... work experience.  less
Pros
enjoyable, fun, co-workers, teachers, hours worked
Cons
benefits, salary, sometimes unorganized, working short handed.
Very fulfilling job
Classroom Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 27, 2012
Co-workers are my best friends. Lots of freedom to perform job.
Pros
have an impact on many people's lives

Want to know more about Wentzville R-IV School District?

Ask a question