Werner Electric Supply Employee Reviews

Fake culture and clicky
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNDecember 12, 2017
They preach culture but only follow it if it benefits the company and certain individuals. If you want to advance I hope you are of the male gender and are in the click.
Werner can be a great place to work, but there have been alot of injuries due to the nature of the job.
Route Driver, customer service, material handling (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 22, 2017
Werner offers a great facility, clean work environments, great benefits, and a sense of community. It is still a small privately held company and offers room for growth and advancement.
so-so
can't say (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 14, 2017
Get place to work if you're part of the clique, otherwise not so good. Somewhat obsessed with laying blame rather than just solving the problem & moving on. Extremely cumbersome computer system with no training.
Pros
encourages you to spend money entertaining customers
Cons
little to no opportunity for continuing education
Management needs restructuring
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 20, 2017
Great company at the core - unfortunately, some unethical people have been given a bit too much power. HR is not helpful for the employee when it comes to any issues. Decent rates of pay, good benefits, affordable healthcare. Advancement in some departments is based on who kisses up the most. Lazy employees get enabled. The harder workers get the most work - of course. Be careful who you trust.
Pros
Flexibility, good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Ok company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 16, 2017
Overall a decent company to work for. Daily duties and working conditions are good. Clean warehouse and office area, trucks are fairly well maintained, compensation is competitive within the industry. Workplace culture is good. Management could be better. Fairly inconsistent with enforcing established policies within the company. Performance reviews are annual and done in January only.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Inconsistent management
Excellent environment, great people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 6, 2017
My time as an intern was enjoyable. Everyone there was wonderful and willing to bend backwards to help if you needed assistance. It was an enjoyable place to work.
Great Company Culture
General (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Werner Electric is filled with amazing individuals. I've grown so much within my career and made some life long friends. We all work well as a team amongst all departments, especially since the corporate building move from Neenah to Appleton, WI. There are plenty of growth opportunities if you ask for it and show hard work and dedication.

Executive/management team is visible and great to work with. They care about their employees and work hard so that we reach our goals/succeed together.

Compensation and benefits are competitive in the market.
Pros
Great company culture, good pay/benefits, growing company, flexible schedule
Great place to work!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 31, 2017
Growing company and lots of opportunities. Leadership genuinely cares about employees. Fun environment and fantastic people, I love coming in to work every single day and tell all my friends to consider opportunities here!
Overall great work environment with break room perks
1st Shift Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNDecember 5, 2016
It was an overall great place to work. Coworkers got along well and worked well together. No easy to move up or advance through the company
An excellent place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Werner Electric Supply very much. I worked with a good group of people who were personable and professional and enjoyed helping them on a daily basis when it came to anything I could do to make their sales jobs a little bit easier.
Bad place to work
Warehouse manager inside sales (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 7, 2015
You felt like you were in high school while working there. They say that they promote within but rarely do. the regional manager in the southeast is a control freak.
Pros
Branch lunches
Cons
no breaks with little pay.
Co-workers
SE Regional Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WI and Kenosha WINovember 2, 2015
Many networking relationships that I have built years ago I stay in touch with today. Almost all of the employees were willing to pitch in and help anyone out in a pinch. Relationships that I have created with businesses I have brought aboard I also maintain friendships with most of them til this day.
Pros
Was able to move back home to Kenosha area to care for my sick Father
Cons
Position moved an hour away travel was no good for me at that time in my life
Good not great
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 5, 2015
Great atmosphere, people very close knit and fun. Pay is below average for industry but some good people work here. C+
Typical days are fairly easy, you learn as much as you want to. Hard work will get noticed.
Dsyfunctional Accounting Dept
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 27, 2015
Very loud with laughing and talking over cubicles and manager does nothing about it. Co-workers very immature. Manager very biased to the loud workers, HR VP not compassionate to employees. Say they have an open door policy which will eventually get you fired. Horrible dept to work in.
Pros
Company as a whole is good.
Cons
Management can not be trusted
good working environment
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 30, 2013
happy with coworkers/management
good health benefits package
fair compensation package
wellness program
ability to cross train and take on new positions
All in all, not a bad place to work.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 17, 2013
Days of sitting in a cubical gets old. Management is somewhat impatient when employee is required to learn new things.
excellent work experience
Driver - Wisconsin & Twin Cities (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNApril 24, 2013
Work well with other employees and when told to do a job I do it without arguing. Have a good work ethic. When scheduled for work I am there on time. I like to be early to the job.
Pros
like to be early and i work hard to get the job done