Werner Enterprise Employee Reviews

Werner was about the best trucking company I drove for.
Driver-Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2013
Werner was a very honest company! They paid you low and would run the "Hell" out of you. You were awarded monthly bonuses depending on your performance. If you got tired of an account-- you could easily move to another division. I would have stayed with Werner if they didn't have that notorious "Training Program"!!! Werner is an undercover "Training" company. They ultimately want you to become a TRAINER. They want all drivers to become TRAINERS... That means anybody that comes through their doors. You don't know that initially, though. After 3 months of driving by yourself--- the recruiters constantly torment you with becoming a TRAINER. It was the worse mistake I ever made. I eventually did it and never got any sleep. Werners' training is really an Undercover Team(operation). They give you unrealistic appointments knowing the student can barely hold the wheel for 2 hours straight. So if i'm a trainer and i've just driven about 8 to 10 hours. I would normally drive another 8 hours on the students hours just to make it to the customer on time. Yes!!! I lost alot of sleep and eventually had to quit due to severe sleep deprivation. Thank God I didn't kill anyone. Other than that, Werner was a pretty good company. lol
Pros
nice terminals and pretty honest.
Cons
be careful of the training
enjoy driving but pay you cannot live on
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 8, 2013
good day at work is to have enough miles to drive for the whole day. bad day is to spend 14 hours to earn 26.00 because you are sitting waiting for werner to get you a load or to be unloaded. i am a very responsible person, never have missed a day of work, hard worker and aiming to please. i have learned a day in trucking could be very uplifting or heartbreaking, and unfortunately its not what you do its what happens to you. most co-workers are all very friendly but all very frusturated like i am. the hardest part of the job is sitting all day long watching your day tick away and getting nowhere and is out of your control but in someone else. the most enjoyable part of my job is the feel of accomplishing the task that was given to you.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
poor pay
Great expericence
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 29, 2015
Operated a commercial motor vehicle to transport freight inter or intra relay
stations or from home terminal to distant points and return. Inspect vehicle
and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating conditions
prior to departure. Operate vehicle in compliance with company rules and
all applicable state and federal regulations, and in according with accepted
principles of safe driving. Deliver freight to consignee. Pick up freight as
required. Maintain trip records, log book and fuel records as required.
Reported promptly any delays that would affect pick up or delivery.
haul freight for a specific or dedicated customer. Area of operation is usually three to seven states. Most offer weekly home time, great pay, steady
Over the road Driver (Current Employee) –  14507 Frontier RoadMay 11, 2015
As part of Team Werner, you'll drive the best and newest equipment, utilizing the most advanced technological systems on the market today. These systems are designed to enhance production, eliminate delays and help you get up to 1,000 miles per day. Plus, you'll be eligible to receive bonus pay for all miles you run.
Drive in all kinds of weather and roads long days/nights
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2015
DOT inspection of truck, pick up and have freight loaded. drive 10-2500 miles drop off freight. make bathroom/food/gas stops and hope every time you complete your 10-14hr day your at a location that has clean bathrooms and showers.
Pros
get to see many areas of the US that u might never have seen
Cons
long waiting for jobs, low pay, long time away from home
Poor Dispatcher
Western Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 14, 2013
don't recommend the company to anyone... I was having mainly problem with the dispatcher....... week day was okay.... weekend was full of s**t..... whatever you sign up for, they don't give it to you... your just an employee identified as a number... not by name.... the more miles you drive per trip... the less cent per miles you get paid.... so yes... it sucks.... I sign up for Western Regional Driver and end up everywhere..... they don't keep there bargain...
Cons
argue with dispatch a lot.....they don't keep there bargain...
null
Over the road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FLAugust 15, 2013
typical day, was getting dispatched to 48 out of 50 states. I didn't stay long enoug to have much to report. I was hired as soon as I finished a 6 week truck driving school and stayed wit Werner for six months with a trainer. I was lucky that while I was taking a break t visit my family I went to the DMV to get my endorsements. Immediatley after I was hired with CTL.
Pros
great for drivers out of school
Cons
dispatching is slow
enjoyed being my own boss so to speak
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2013
I knew when I could or couldn't make the deliveries on time. I learned that it takes an army of people to get loads set up and delivered. My coworkers and I hardly saw eachother. hardest part was driving in the harsh weather in winter up in Wisconson. That also was my most enjoyable part watching the other car drivers having problems.
Pros
driving
Cons
driving and away from family
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2014
Setting at terms are at site I learn coming straight out of trucking school you get the jobs that really don't as much lol management could have been a little better the hardest part about this job is the start up pay co workers are not that nice I guess because of that pay thing the thing I like about this job is that I got the chance to see how bad it could really be..
Driving with Werner Bros.
over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2013
Well at Werner Bros. we had to wait for our next load to pickup sometimes it can be within a couple of days. The management was average and understanding. I had a team driver and the person that drove with me he was also a hardworker and loved to drive just as much as myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving state to state and meeting other drivers.
Pros
n/a
benefits
Workplace was in the truck
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 16, 2014
My day would start around 11 o clock i would wake up do my pre-trip inspection and drive to my first stop if I did not make it the following night. When i make it to my stop i would then give the paper work to the Rep. and begin to unload the trailer. Then i will pick up the empty rolltainers from the week before. I would repeat that like 2 or 3 times a day
working with this company I drove all of the united states.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJuly 25, 2012
A typical day at work you wake up in your truck you pick up aload and drop it off at the next destination. That destination could be anywhere in the united states.
Pros
i learned how to drive in various driving conditions as well as mountainous terrain and ice.
Cons
you spend most of your days and months on the road driving while away from home.
productive and a quiet environment.
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 12, 2015
I drove a class A vehicle(semi-truck) 700 miles a day and delivered products to companies in a safe and timely manner. I learned new routes around different cities around the United States of America. management was fair and I worked independently. The hardest part of the job was being away from my children. Driving to new places and seeing new cities was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Working Independently
Got to see alot of country
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 13, 2013
There wasn't a typical day at werner because the days varied according to weather I was driving at night or during the day and the weather and road conditions. I had a good driving instructor but not sure on the management. The hardest part of my job was months on the road and being away from my family and using the qualcom system. The easiest part of the job was driving.
Productive in workplace, Automotive design
Driver/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 30, 2013
Typical day at doing regular preventive maintenance, following DOT guidlines, presenting mself as such. Personel is differs in qualifications, overall a great team player. Hardpoint on the job time management, doing good business, performance, attitude. Mission accomplishment is essential to getting paid.
Pros
excelerating on the job perfomance.
Cons
benefits, uniformity.
A place to gain experience
Transportation Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2014
Distributing goods from different areas across the U.S. either delivering or picking up products. I learned how to be able to multi-task. The hardest part is showing up for a delivery and the receiving store is not ready nor do they have the room to receive the products.
Productive workplace
48 State Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 5, 2013
Never drove a Peterbuilt before. Finally was behind the wheel of a LongNose Pete as that of an owner operator. Once I began training student drivers.
Pros
plenty of milage with no forced loads.
Cons
did not know being a trainer would be so challenging.
Nice!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 30, 2015
Definitely enjoyed working for Werner Enterprises. Definitely learned and obtained new skills, as well expanded my current skills. Company is nice to drive for, just wish it wasn't so into the number game.
Pros
nice job, always work available
Cons
needs to stop worrying about citations for beginning drivers
driving to deliver a load at different location specialy state to state utah,ohio,michican,missiouri,iowa.and allentown pa.
Commercial Driver tractor trailer class A (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 26, 2014
driving for Werner Enterprise is a good experience if you want over the road travel you get to see different states and learn they living.
fun and also productive work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2012
my job as a truck driver i have to drive to the location and drop and pull which means i drive to where i have to deliver and leave the trailer part and pick up a diferrent trailer.. sometime i had to wait for the unload to finish but after that hit the road again i had fun..