WERNER ENTERPRISES, INC. Employee Reviews

mostly nice people and answering your phone
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 31, 2015
It's a good company to start with and the important part is the management will answer or pick up the phone when you need them
Good place to learn
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 24, 2015
Love driving truck, if you get a descent fleet manager you can make descent money.If you go partners that could be disastrous or awesome. Challenges every day, enjoy driving
Pros
LEARN SOMETHING EVERY DAY
Cons
DOWN TIME
Great Company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2015
Being my first
OTR company I was very pleased with what learned. Liked so much I became a trainer. My dispatcher was great. Being away from home for 3-4 was not good
Pros
great miles
Cons
away from home
I love too drive and they kept the drive in me.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland Highlands, FLNovember 16, 2015
I heard once that if you find a job you love you will never work again, well this is true for me. The important thing is having a company or in my case a driver manager who understands that. The only thing that I had a problem with is some equipment. Company Equipment is most important because of safety issues. They took care of it in a timely manor.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Needed more time home
Positive work enviorment
Tractor Trailer Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2015
Provided,and supervised individualized Training and Certification for every driver who is hired at Werner Enterprises Inc.
I learned a lot
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 5, 2015
I enjoy the driving and the work. Didn't like being away from family and friends as much as was required of me. Driving around the country I delivered to a lot of different accounts. I learned a lot.
OK company to work for
Dedicated Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 4, 2015
Traveling was fun. Salary system could use some help. Takes to long to make serious money.

Company really large. Can get lost in the shuffle. They do support their drivers ok.
Horrible place to work
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha NEOctober 14, 2015
You'll have to become a trainer to make any money with this company, they'll send you students that make you wonder how they even tied there shoes in the morning, you'll be running a lot with zero sleep due to the students inability to drive.
Cons
Not a place to work for if you value safety and rules
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  NEOctober 9, 2015
management was not supportive, they were all about the money, no consideration for problems connected to the job as not getting loads right away, when broken down they fixed the problem the cheapest way even if it was against the DOT.
Did enjoy seeing the country and most of the co-workers were friendly and helpful..
Met some great co workers
Professional Fret Transporter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
Working alongside my colleagues and learning from them through daily experiences. Some projects were challenging but exciting. Looked forward in finding new truck stops to eat at.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Delays at shipper/stops
Convenient
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 6, 2015
This company was convenient. Worked with my schedule and also I kept the truck, so less money I had to spend for personal transportation
plenty of work not alot of home time but good pay
otr dedicated driver unloader (Current Employee) –  otrSeptember 29, 2015
plenty of work not a lot of home time but good pay. 6 days a week delivery opportunity. usually 4-6 days delivering. crazy exercise long days.
typical work day
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2015
hauling tri axle and quad alxe trailers unlaoding and loading trailer and del produce the work places is very friendly. safety company to work for
poor pay
driver (Former Employee) –  texasMarch 23, 2015
Pay is very low.. 200 weekly home every night is how it should be worded. Miles were lost sometimes. And if you dint keep up with the loads carry out. You will not get paid or counted for that load. Either because it was lost in the system or it wasnt reported. Weekly pay 180.00 usd .. sad to say for a big company it has the lowest pay.
Cons
poor pay
Horrible
Student driver (Former Employee) –  EverywhereMarch 17, 2015
Your just a number. Bad trainers, they have an attitude, poor maintenance. Filthy truck interiors. Was made to drive through the worst winter conditions. No concern for safety.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Bad trainers.
trucks always break down and no money
net ops truck driver (Current Employee) –  indianapolis indianaJanuary 16, 2015
the last 3 weeks The trucks breaking down and they put me in a different truck and I'm not even signed in the trucks or brakes down do not get paid for it losing everything net ops home everyday no money in it i need a new job now so i can quit
Outstanding company
National Flatbed Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pass Christian, MS.August 10, 2014
The more I saw of Werner and their operation, the more impressed I was.

Company was very employee/customer oriented.
Pros
always given the freedom to try new things/ideas.
worst company job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 29, 2014
Joining this company was the biggest mistake I ever made. Don't do make this mistake. This job is a scam.
Pros
traveling
Cons
pay suck, have to fight for trips and the money that you earned but they dont want to pay. poor management, and they don't care about their drivers
Stay Away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 11, 2013
This company pay only 22 cents per mile new drivers. Other company pay decent money. I was thinking how this company pay good money to the personal office like fleet manager, receptionist, human resources,etc and they pay only a little money to driver when the drivers are moving the company. Stay away. Any mistake you do they count accident and damage your CSA score. Please don't trust nobody special in your fleet manager. Everybody in this company have two faces. First year here 25,000 or less. Other company 38,000 or more.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor payment, expensive health insurance, bad management communication, no family live, etc.
too many words to say
slave (Current Employee) –  left part of americaAugust 22, 2013
Sucks lacks emotion tell you to give comments to help company the walls have better listening skills
Pros
extra money to catch bills your behind on if your ex-military
Cons
every freakin thing

2.8