Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

This is, hands down the worst company I've ever worked for
OTR Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Couldn't bring home a part check. They took it money for benefits. When it come time to use them they told me I didn't have any. I asked for a reimbursement they said we'll sign you up. Horrible trainers. Home the times in a year. I could go on. There are so many good companies... I would strongly to go any where but here.
Pros
None in comparison to other companies.
Cons
Low pay. No home time. They intercept your long loads and give them to other drivers.
lots of accounts to choose from
Professional Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 19, 2017
the pay was low and the terminals were old and out of date. but i had a great team and lots of room for advancement. they also have an awesome training program
School
Dedicated driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2017
This is a school where you learn to drive a truck. They teach skills to obtain a CDL drivers license. The class is approximately four to six weeks to completer
Productive and learning environment
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  South Eastern RegionFebruary 11, 2017
I trip on qualcom and obtain directions. I then proceed and locate the company/container and complete the delivery to the assigned customer. I learned different people attitudes/requirements.Management always provide heads up information. There were a variety of workers with whom it was a pleasure to work. The hardest part of the job was when there is not sufficient information but the most enjoyable part is the completion and a well done smile on faces.
Great Starting CDL Job
Company Driver & Jumper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2017
The following Pros and Cons will speak for themselves. Its an excellent place to start a CDL career, but there are no opportunities to move up and out of a truck.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Training Programs
Cons
Inconsistent Home Time, Inconsistant Miles/Available Work, Inconsistent Pay and No Ability to Advance
Overall a good company
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Werner running from PHX-LA. I made it home every other day. No Touch Freight. Plenty of work all year round.
Atlanta Management Gives Good Company Bad Name
Fleet Sales Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Top management at Atlanta terminal does not know how to manage effectively. No consequences for lack of performance. No recognition for exceeding expectations. Yearly performance reviews are generic with a standard raise usually under 3%.
Pros
Freedom, and a lack of pressure
Cons
No guidance, no room for advancement
Great
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 7, 2017
we make delivery around the northeast region,, the job great,, love the trucks,,very good pace stable work, management is OK and good,,communication is perfect
Poor pay and no advancement opportunities
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2017
They low ball you when it comes to pay and there is absolutely no room for growth once you are hired. Don't apply here if you want to a career that you can depend on. Also, it appears that the company is losing a lot of money and business, and therefore they are downsizing and letting a lot of people go through no fault of their own (myself included).
Pros
Leniency if running late
Cons
Healthcare isn't very good and no room for growth
Werner Enterprises
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Great Benefits with outstanding leadership, well maintained semi-tractors. I would drive around 8-10 hours a day and they have no problem sending you back home on a bus to see your family. Trucks are up to date with standard technology and I am currently on a local waiting list for a Dollar General account.
Pros
Veteran Friendly

Want to know more about Werner Enterprises?

Ask a question
Over the Road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 2, 2017
Be prepared to be on the road for 2 weeks at a time. Also, there is no guarantee you'll be home when you get your 2 days off, or 34 hour reset.
Pros
First year trucking job
Cons
away from home
Great amenities for drivers at corporate hub.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2017
Werner allows drivers the opportunity to grow with the company. Be it by working at the dispatch level or at the corporate level in management.
Pros
Corporate Support
Cons
Time away on the road
Great Experience
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2017
OTR for this company is a great opportunity for first time truck drivers. I visited 48 states including the states I went to with my trainer. Fleet managers were always communicating, making sure I had the right information. I could always call them when I had a problem. The hardest part was staying out for 6 or more weeks without returning home.
Pros
visiting states, being your own boss so to speak, communication
Cons
short time at home and not coming home for 6 or more weeks at a time.
Good training for aspiring truck drivers.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 31, 2017
A workplace that teaches the values of safety. A hard and rough job that involves in any weather. With low wages for first time drivers. Effective training is random depending on which driver is training you.
Pros
Emphasis on safety. Sightseeing.
Cons
Random dispatch with personalities
Very organized and get me home weekly.
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Everyday is a challenge due to having to unload our trailer without a pallet jack. Each day I learn how to work through adversity, fatigue, and bad weather. The hardest part of the job is being away from my family 6days out the week. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I don't have to sit around to wait on a load. I get to stay busy, which makes the day go by faster.
Pros
Gets you home on time.
horrible place to work
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
they did not treat there employees very good and could never get home when needed, dispatchers did not care about there drivers
Pros
no pros
Cons
treated employees badly
Good starter company.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2017
Good company to get started in the trucking industry. Good training or retraining. Trainers easy to work with. You are assigned to a "Team" of dispatchers, some are OK, some are not. What you get is what you get.
Pros
Nice people, decent pay.
Cons
Assigned to a team of dispatchers, never know who you will get.
new dispatcher reconditioning
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILJanuary 29, 2017
fleet management is great, high dispatcher turnover, doesnt care about your time and schedule... little to no interaction, a true contractor.
Pros
anniversary recognition
Cons
insensitive dispatcher
Pay was not worth the time.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2017
The time That was spent out on the road was not worth the money they paid. The management would no listen to any concerns. Also, would not listen to their drivers when they were trying to get information.
Pros
very few
Cons
A Lot
proceed with caution
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 29, 2017
this company doesn't want to pay employees for the jobs done. I felt like I had to fight for my paycheck or continually check my slips to make sure I was being paid correctly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Werner Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6