Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

Fun and helpful drivers to work with.
CDL-A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 21, 2018
Werner was/is a good company to drive for. I just do not like driving all night nor do I feel I am cut out to drive a big rig. But the employees and other drivers are fun and helpful.
I was on a dedicated account and knew this account did drive only at night.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Night time driving.
like cattle
Driver (Former Employee) –  americaJanuary 19, 2018
like hurdling cattle. they want trainers so they get more trucks that work as a team than a single driver. they team trucks get more miles but when training werner can pay less. i could get two days off a month but would still be dropping off a load my first day off then have to pick up on my last day off. instead of getting a 34 hour reset in my home area, they would run me 150 miles from home then sit me in a parking lot for 34 hours.
if you need a place to learn to drive, they are as good as any. they will put you in places you dont want to be and push you to the legal limits. remember, no matter what they have you do.....you the driver are still responsible. .
Pros
im not sure what
Cons
dispatch
Drove semi
Semi­truck driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 18, 2018
Just a number, drove a tractor trailer for 11 hrs a day stopping to get fuel take breaks and showers. Drop loads of merchandise at facilities or yards.
Trucking around
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Nice nee trucks , good benefits. Down side low pay for people who have been driving over 10 years they only go back 5 years on your driving list of employers and that hurts us people with lots of trucking exsperyens .
Pros
New atomatic trucks
Cons
low pay
my experience as a driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  dalls texasJanuary 18, 2018
I liked driving for them most of the time as long as i could keep rolling. Did not like it when the truck would breakdown and i would have to sit at the terminal.
Pros
got to see the open road
Cons
a lot of driving in nasty weather and crazy conditions
Good travel job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Traveling was a fun thing to do. sight-seeing and meeting new people.
The down side was the shipment time was a do or die kind of thing.
And having to find new routes.
Long Hours
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2018
I don't enjoy being away from home but it pays the bills. I learned how to be more patient and driving more safely in highly populated areas. Management sometimes lacks distributing loads. The workplace culture is very dangerous but i navigate safely. The hardest part of the job is finding the time to get enough sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to drive to new places meeting new people.
Professional truck driver
Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 13, 2018
A good place to learn the skills to drive a tractor trailer. It was a place to learn the ropes and advance to a new job in this field. I had a good time working there besides its a lifestyle not a job.
drove for company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 12, 2018
They put me with a girl who didn't care and only wanted to meet other drivers. It was not a good environment. I was then pushed to get us to our destination because she didn't drive enough in her time slot.
They fired me because I got caught inside a small village and didn't have a road sign that properly directed me and I got 2 tickets which I fought and the judge threw out of court.
Great place to learn and develope career .
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Hard challenging work. Great place to learn and develope career knowledge. Great training programs for new employees. Training is helpful and provides tone to learn before throwing you into the mix by yourself.
Pros
Good support from colleagues
Cons
Long hours for a salary job 10 hours per day 5 days a week
The job was fast-paced and stressful, but my supervisor made it an enjoyable place to work.
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 10, 2018
The position in Werner taught me an extensive amount about logistics. The management seemed to be overtaxed, and in some cases in need of better training. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of the drivers and difficulty of the employee turnover. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the same drivers day after day and becoming a more relaxed atmosphere of family.
Pros
Ability to work from hom
Cons
Vacation time policy (reset on anniversary date)
I like driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed driving, but didn't like being away from home for so long. My wife was allowed to ride along but she didn't like living out of a truck stop.
Pros
travel
Cons
Not home often
the work is not difficult, the difficult thing is to be out of your home and your family for long periods of time. Also the food that you have to eat
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2018
the job is not difficult, the difficult thing is to be out of your home and your family for long periods of time. Also the food that you have to eat and to clean yourself have to use public places that are not always clean. You also start working early in the morning and you are working for more than 14 hours a day
Benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 8, 2018
This is a big trucking company to work for, and It was a blessing to travel the world while working. There are some ways to improve better productivity among company assets.
Pros
Substantial miles/pay
Cons
Home time conflicts
Dont expect to be well trained
Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 8, 2018
As an inexperienced driver I was assigned to a route that really should only be assigned to experience drivers. I made some mistakes in judgment and instead of working with me to try and improve my driving skills they basically cut me loose leaving me with no job, no unemployment, and two sisters to support.
Pros
Newer trucks
Cons
No post hire support, they throw ya to the wolves!
Good Starter
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2018
Its a good starter company, nice trucks usually, Get paid well for training. Terminals are usually nice. Try to get you home but only in the wee hours of your first day scheduled off.

You can sign up for different runs that pay more or less but wind up going all over the place for the lesser pay anyway. Told you can make much more than you really do. No gas milage, saftey, or layover pay excuse is "the company will go broke if every driver gets it"
Pros
trucks, training pay, terminals. pre pass, maintenance
Cons
bad benefits, poor pay, management and dispatch, no bonuses, missing trips and miles if you dont watch, on your day off get home always between 1-5 am.
Busy and productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 7, 2018
The job was very challenging and was fast paced. It was very demanding and overwhelming, but it gave me the opportunity to grow professionally. If the schedule would've been more flexible and less stressful, it would've been a good career.
werner enterprises
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 7, 2018
following all hos regulations and all traffic laws. drop and hook, no touch freight. pre - and post-trip inspections. was in orientation one day and the next i was on the road.
Pros
reliable, consistent, pays good
Worst people I've ever worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2018
Low level managers have absolutely no respect for other human beings. Have never been treated worse in my life.

They would wait until drivers were sick or having family emergencies in order to punish them, then act shocked that employees would quit.
Pros
Good trucks, upper management is very open minded
Cons
Lower management culture is extremely toxic
Company is not concerned with their driver's safety.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2018
I was unable to get more than 4 to 6 hours sleep in my truck. I was uncomfortable driving an 80,000 pound vehicle among other motorists for 10 hours a day on that little amount of sleep every day. The company has accounts where the driver can be home every day, but the company refused to transfer me to one of those accounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Werner Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6