Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

Love my job!
Dedicated truck driver (Current Employee) –  E Hartford, ctOctober 16, 2016
I work in a dedicated account, come home often I got Saturday n Sunday off almost every single weekend at least I miss a day in the week I ask to work on Saturday and it's rarely the happen in been with this account for almost 5 month, I made decent money to be my first job, I don't touch the freight at least a pallet fall down we have to fix it but in almost 5 month happen only 2 times and it's not that bad. I love my Fleet manager he's a great person but like any body he got his date and they really doesn't home and personal lives but I learn how to deal with both and I enjoy my job n I enjoy my personal life. I will recommend working for WENER yes I do. I was the guy I was in will never work for this company and blah blah but I give them a chance and I don't regret it at all. If you like your miles and love making the green one they will know n make you runnnn
Pros
Money, good benefits, home time
Cons
Manager can have more understanding about our problems
Atlanta Management Gives Good Company Bad Name
Fleet Sales Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Top management at Atlanta terminal does not know how to manage effectively. No consequences for lack of performance. No recognition for exceeding expectations. Yearly performance reviews are generic with a standard raise usually under 3%.
Pros
Freedom, and a lack of pressure
Cons
No guidance, no room for advancement
Administrative Call Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 27, 2016
Taking care of daily task such as Answering phones, Putting driver's information into data base and other duties as filing, faxing, copying and running errands. I've learned how to use there system on different task that needed to be done daily.Worked really well with co- workers. There were sometimes I had to deal with some angry drivers. What I enjoyed the most about my job was learning different systems that needed to be done on computer.
Pros
Lunch was provided everyday
Cons
Good benifits
Good starter company
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2016
With Werner Enterprises, you can start your trucking career, but there's not much advancement once you get beyond that.I started my career there, and I started at 0.28 cents per mile loaded and 0.15 cents per mile deadhead. This was and is, my worst experience as a truck driver.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Low pay, Long Hours, Shady Management
Good Starter Company
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2016
Werner is a good company to learn the ropes on how to be a professional truck driver. They offer many resources for the new driver to hone their skills. They are also really good at keeping a driver moving with little down time between loads. The compensation per mile is well below industry standard, but since you're always on the go you can still earn a decent pay check.
Pros
Great fleet manager, mostly friendly support staff
Cons
Very large company and communication can be challenging
good employees decent hours
Heavy Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 21, 2016
good employees, not much advancement in company to become management. ran a front loader , worked for body shop for close to 10 years then switched to fleet sales mechanic shop. the pay was decent but the raises were poor.
Pros
good hours, the fellow employees
Cons
no respect poor management
Love doing security work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 25, 2016
hard work and detication love being around people making a family and keeping the people safe.I love the long hours and great pay and benifits.Being over seas is always my dream and would love for a coupany too give me that special chance to show my work and skills.
productuve, friendly people to work with
Over the Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2016
werner is a good place to start for new cdl drivers, its a great workplace envirment. people are so friendly and they do there job. but to be honest its not good paying per mile, I guess if they could raise their pay it would be better
worst company I have ever worked for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 13, 2016
Company does not care about employee's at all. Worked unloading my own trailer in the summer in the south and had to fight with management every time I wanted any time off, even just for a weekend. On a standard week you only get one full day off and they expect you to continue to work productively and safely on little to no rest.
Pros
travel
Cons
little to no time off and compensation is not suffiecient for the work expected.
Werner Enterprises
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Great Benefits with outstanding leadership, well maintained semi-tractors. I would drive around 8-10 hours a day and they have no problem sending you back home on a bus to see your family. Trucks are up to date with standard technology and I am currently on a local waiting list for a Dollar General account.
Pros
Veteran Friendly
Would rather explain in person
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2016
Poor conditions. Forced unfair labor practices that at times actually violated the DOT Laws. Work conditions such as safety issues and the quality of trainers was deplorable 99% of the time. The compensation was extremely poor and often did not get paid on time, or had to wait for the correct amount over a long period of time.
Good place to work (offers careers and jobs)
Hard Worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2016
There are a lot a good people working here. Some upper management are really bad people (snobs, think they are better than EVERYONE and will make sure you know it) Senior management of the company seems to do a great job and I think they do a great job keeping employees informed.

I believe the company lets bad employees stay around to long which in turn drags individuals or departments down in morale or image.

Overall, they have always seemed to be fair with everyone and have stayed competitive if not slightly above in areas of benefits. As of lately, they seem to be trying to work on better pay.

Lots of good training no matter where you work in the company.

I would recommend Werner to family and friends.
Pros
Has taken care of me the entire time I have been here.
Cons
I suppose you can say this about every job, but pay could be better. Merit increases are low.
Werner is a great starter Company, for some it has been a career opportunity
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 23, 2016
There is no perfect company. I can say Werner has been decent to me and has worked with me with the different accounts to accommodate me as well.
Pros
medical benefits, needed time off, dedicated accts pay, safety is important, Werner will work with your medical conditions
Cons
optimized idling in trucks
Alright place to work at
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYSeptember 3, 2016
Got prehired by Werner before I even went into CDL school. Werner reimbursed me for CDL school and gave me a $5000 sign on bonus for north SWAT (dollar stores+ Walmart). Do far I've found that once you're hooked to one of the dollar stores trailers you're stuck with it. Been doing Family Dollar since 05/16. Very good pay for someone starting out. You're constantly at risk for accidents and need to GOAL like 50 times per store. The stores (especially in the north east) are not designed to be truck friendly and even sometimes you end up unloading up a grade. Werner is extremely strict when it comes to accidents. As of right now (that I know of) even a ripped off mudflap is counted as an accident. Overall a pretty good company to work for SO far, if you want to work your butt off. Some weeks I run out my clock in 6 days but I'm young and out to make money so it doesn't bother me.
Pros
Weekly minimum (no accidents, late loads), industry standard 401k, pretty good hometime (22/5), good benefits, pretty good management (so far), keep you busy, always paid on time, new functioning equipment
Cons
Always call you on your hometime, no family life (to be expected in driving), slow when it comes to maintenance (month before they fixed my Qualcomm...), run you to your limit (expect you to only ALWAYS only take 10:00 breaks)
Adequate for starting out
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2016
Long work hours and high work volume for low to mid range pay. Interesting work but should offer more compensation. Not much else to say.
Hard work with very little opportunity to advance
OPERATIONS MANAGER OF SE, COCA-COLA ACCOUNTS (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 26, 2016
The operations aspect of the job is great, enjoyable, and rewarding. The management aspect of the job is challenging and probably the hardest part of the job but the I have learned a lot with managing several people.
Pros
Competitive benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
not as great as they advertise
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 3, 2016
i wouldn't recommend to anyone. no good benefits without 50+ yrs of experience. low pay rate, no good miles per week like express before i was hired. suck i really don't like this job
Great place to start driving
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2017
I've been with Werner for a year, they started me off at 30 cents per mile, then after 6 months 35, a year 38, and about a year from now 40, I would say everything but the pay is great, health insurance, dental, vision, 401k etc, new trucks, some peterbilt and kenworth, mostly freightliner, no apu in my trucks I've driven 2 solo, no fridge, full size sleepers though, current year or 1 year old, both trucks I got had about 175,000 miles on them, for 2016 their 60th anniversary, they got a lot of brand new trailers, they're the white trailers that say "we keep America moving" on them, a lot of freight you hardly ever sit, they do have layover pay I believe after 24 hours not entirely sure because never sat like that, they get you home good, 1 day off per 6 days out, I take at least 12 days out OTR, but sometimes I get an extra day or so, if you have a nice dispatcher which I believe one of the most important things is how nice your fleet manager is because a micro manage one will make you think bad of the company, but I didn't I got a different one much nicer and it made me want to stay, gave me extra days off, anyways qualcomms, they pay for tolls, reimburse scales, lumper loads/unloads, antigel, tuition etc. drop and hook a vast majority of the time, dry van mainly, but some reefers, super rare flatbed, about 13 terminals, terminals and hotels near them are ok for some, awesome for others, free showers at the terminals, safety meetings once every season something like that, only takes about an hour, all and all a great place to get your foot in the door, can't think of anything  more... else at the moment, I think that covers most of any questions someone might have, peace  less
Pros
Everything but the pay
Cons
The pay
It's a truck driving job...it is what it is.
Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2016
Safety focused, good pay, decent benefits. Drove for two years with them...never had a blowout on a trailer or my tractor. They are sticklers about vehicle maintenance.

The only reason I left was due to obligations at home.
Excellent Training
Truck Driver (OTR) Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2016
Good company for beginners to gain experience throughout the years working for Werner. Includes excellent benefits average miles pay satisfying to most driver's Well condition trucks new 2016 2017 models.
Pros
Friendly environment and Staffs
Cons
NA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Werner Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6