Werner Enterprises Employee Reviews

Good company to build fundamental skills in trucking.
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2017
Werner is a good company for beginning truckers to start out with. You will be given an opportunity to build up your knowledge base in a safety focused way. Basic aspects of the trucking job will be introduced in a supportive training environment and will carry over into the professional, solo setting. Relationships forged in the training setting often become strong supports that last for a very long time. Learn as much as you can, keep your safety record clean, form professional connections with productive and safe drivers, and set goals for advancement.
Pros
Competitive pay packages and hometime with certain dedicated accounts.
Cons
Negative attitudes and disrespect from corporate personnel and dispatchers.
Under paid
OTR Tractor/Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2017
This company makes more money training new drivers and turning them over then they do on there pickups and deliveries.
there pay is poor unlease you own your own truck.
Pros
free driver training
Cons
everything...
They do not care about you or your family!
Student Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 22, 2017
They keep you with a trainer as long as possible. If you are single and live with mom and dad with no bills it's great. I do not have a hazmat endorsement but my trainer does, so they gave us a hazmat load knowing I cannot drive. I have 20 hrs left and got screwed out of drive time. I'm here to make money, and with insurance and child support I'm making McDonald's pay. And I have not seen my family in a month and a half. But I have no choice but to finish at this point.
Good working environment
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2017
The company has changed since i worked there, owner ship has gone back to the original owner and i have heard good things as of recent. As always they have good looking late model trucks.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
usual dispatch
Bad
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins ColoradoMarch 17, 2017
Very bad place to work they do not have your back on anything and they come up with things to blame you for what other drivers done so you have to prove to them that you were right non recommendable job
Driving tractor trailers over the road around the united states.
Tractor trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68138March 15, 2017
Driving trucks over the road gave me experience being in different states all over the united states. Working with this company made me see how different the states is. Becoming a student trainer it made me see how i can teach others my skills of working.
Really loved this job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 15, 2017
I worked on a dedicated account pulling Dollar General freight. I would still be working there if they still floor loaded. They started using roll-tainers to load freight, in which they loaded weighing 1500 pounds or more.
Pros
Good money, home every weekend
Cons
Hard work
Good starter company
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2017
Good to get started in the industry and get the experience under your belt. After that, if you're looking for bigger and better you'll have to look somewhere else.
Good, But Bad
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 10, 2017
It was a love, hate relationship. they are lairs, they got more faces then an rubic cube. so i will not recommend this place to my worst enemies. sorry more bad then good.
Pros
benefits in BCBS, so awesome
Cons
there is no life. lol; No Job Advancement.
truck driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 10, 2017
It's a starter company. Dispatchers do not care about the drivers. You are considered an easy replacement. Terminals are in good condition. Shop time is slow.
Pros
good to get your cdl
Cons
low pay and almost no home time
Not very good communication
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2017
Not really any good communication when your fleet manger is good for the day or the weekend. The fleet management diluting the day is great. It's a great start off company. They tend to forget that you exist after working for them for about 8 months.
Not at all what I expected
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2017
Training wasn't the greatest, but the actual job was not what we trained on for 4 weeks. Management has no real idea on how the operations works. Bonus was not based on performance, but randomness.
Pros
Nothing great
Cons
long and extra shifts weekly
nice place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 6, 2017
good job nice people
easy to get the process going
your alone so you have to be able to make decisions
your not gonna be home as much as you want but that is the downfall for working for a bigger company
Good company to start of your professional driving career.
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 6, 2017
Typical work days are good, you start of with your daily pre-trip. Also you get to be out on the road. Management is ok, they try helping you when a problem occurs. The hardest part of the job is, you are away from family and friends for long periods of time.
Great Job
OTR Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 4, 2017
Great starter position for new students. My trainer was awesome. Be certain that you don't mind over the road training, local positions available based on locality to distribution centers.
Fun Place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2017
Moving product to Dollar General was fun. It was my first trucking job learned a lot on my own. traveled to different cities met good people.
Its a decent
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 1, 2017
The company is ok. The communication is very bad and they cannot provide you with clear information if you need it desperately. Good company to work with if you like big blue trucks, bad company of you dont mind a few things being fixed. My personal experience was good but after my things went missing from my truck after it got towed and nobody knows where any of it is. Long story short I had to chase my personal belongings around for a month and got nothing back nor reimbursements. So yeah enjoy.
Pros
Some dispatchers are great
Cons
The communication is bad
Dont do it
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 1, 2017
Werner is one of the most unprofessional and cheapest paying companies in the entire industry. They will have you to only run about 100 miles a day and have you sitting, plus only paying .25cpm
It is great place to work and good team players.
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 28, 2017
Werner is great place to work and alot of team players .they have great benefit ,always having special events for the worker. Always help coworkers when they in trouble.
Pros
Free lunch when accident free in month
Cons
Shorter breaks, healthcare
No good if you are a family man
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 24, 2017
Go out state for 3 weeks or more and comeback home for 3 days. Good for getting to know the states but always away from the family
Pros
Travel the united states
Cons
Don't pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Werner Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6