WES Health System Employee Reviews

Out Standing Team Of Individuals thea care about the Community we serve
Occupational Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2015
My Position at Wes Health System was more than a job and a pay check. My consumers were a huge part of my life they knew when i was sad sad or upset I taught them compassion for each other. I always made sure they never felt less than anyone i encouraged them to be and do their best in everything. I walked them around in the community but most importantly i listened to their hopes, dreams, cares and concerns.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Not being able to make Management Decisions
flexibe, no professional growth
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
WES is a good company to work for if you want flexibility, And will be okay with no professional growth.
Management is horrible,
Raises- if so, are given at a 1% every other year, if you are lucky.
Management doesnt appreciate staff, nor do they recognize hard work,
I am extremely happy that I worked for WES just because I now know the qualities I will be looking for in a company.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor management
An excellent place to work.
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2015
the company was an excellent pace of employment. I enjoyed working with the staff and client. the only problem there was no room for advancement.
Great place to learn different personalities in the workplace; and learn about your work style at the same time.
School-Based Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2012
Working for WES Health has been a learning experience in that I was able to train in new Interventions, such as; Anger Coping, Think First & C.B.I.T.S. Productive as far as, providing services to School-Based Students and receiving incredible knowledge of School Social Work. My fellow Clinicians were enjoyable to work with in this honor system that we all established when it came to making sure that each person was on task, as well as, completed all necessary documents. Some of the cons associated with working at WES were related to being micro-managed by supervisors and administration. Overall, I found WES Health a perfect place to learn different aspect of Human Behavior within the staff, Administration, & in working with the school children.
a lot of freedom when it comes to therapy style and setting.
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2015
I like working at WES because I like being a Mental Health Therapist. I like being able to do groups and work with client one on one. I have freedom to create my own groups and I have freedom to come up with different topics and settings for my groups. When I see positive changes in my clients, I realize how rewarding my job is.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Productive work enviroment
Targeted Case Management Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2015
My basic day at work, would be to show up and be ready for calls and assisting the case manager with there clients. Traveling to homes, Dr. appointments, and shopping. Also assisting the office manager with various tasks,
Provide assistance to families in transitional situations
STLS Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2015
I would spend my day following up with students and their families at specific schools in inner city Chicago. I was able to learn about resources in the area that i was previously unaware of. My manager was always readily available to answer questions and offer support. My coworkers and I got along well although our interaction was limited due to being based in different schools. The hardest part was trying to follow up and with some of the families due to change in address or telephone number. I enjoyed being able to provide the families with information regarding resources to better their present situation.
Pros
Being able to assist transitional families obtain a sense of grounding.
Cons
This was a temporary, contracted position.
Great place to work at, with continuous professional growth and support. Quality work always gets rewarded.
School-Based Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2013
Since I started working with WES Health I never had to look back. I was provided with trainings to keep growing professionally and to work more and more efficiently on the assigned tasks. WES Health System understands its employees abilities very well and provides them with the opportunities to keep moving forward professionally. Very supportive and encouraging environment. I am glad that I joined WES.
Worst Place
Therapist III-Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2013
Management does not value the mental health of either their clients or employees. Disorganized and chaotic work environment.
Could have used better management
Therapist III (Former Employee) –  Phila, PaApril 23, 2014
Need better management and supervisors to incorporate better team work.

Want to know more about WES Health System?

Ask a question
Good place to work for, I got a lot of experience there.
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2013
I learned a lot about working on my own. My co-workers were very helpful to me at anytime, this was a fun place to work at. I learned a lot about mental health and I got to interact with a lot of different people.
Cons
They support you in furthering your education
Grate job
(SBBH) BEHAVIORAL HEALTH WORKER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2014
The work place was very pleasant. Dress was casual but professional. The administration was very fare, and overall it was one of the best jobs that I have ever had.
Pros
GREAT ADMINISTRATION PERSONAL
Cons
IF YOU DONT GET TO WORK ON TIME YOU CAN EXPECT TO BE REPRIMANDED
A good company to work for
Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
its a good company by the pay is a little low for the therapist position. The client and staff are a great team to work with.
I enjoyed working there
Director Child and Family Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2014
I was able to be promoted from a master's level intern to a director after years of demonstrating my capabilities.
Pros
Cared about the community
Cons
Budget cuts.
Hard Work, great results
Therapeutic Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2012
Independent contractor, providing support for children in crisis, and work on goals and outcomes throughout the day.
Pros
flexible
Cons
50-75% travel
psychiatric rehab services
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
Day required facilitating skill building groups , integrating clients into the community recovery goal planing and documentation
Exepience allowing me to help others
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, IllinoisFebruary 15, 2012
I worked as a Case Manager linking pregnant woman and parenting mothers to available services in the community.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2012
WES has trained me in medical billing. I have exceeded the exspectations of my supervisor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WES Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8