WesBanco Bank, Inc. Employee Reviews

Could be good
Licensed Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 18, 2017
Absolutely must be part of the right team to have successful career with advancement. Management can have a gap and be 100% unaware, find out and not care. If the fruits are still rolling in, why be fair.
Job is always interesting.
Loan Operations - Data Entry Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 16, 2017
I worked for WesBanco Bank for a little over 10 years. I learned a lot while I was employed there and would recommend the job to anyone.

What I loved most about the job is the great group of people I worked with, along with learning something new everyday. Unfortunately do to a family emergency I had to quit my job there but if ever give the opportunity I would go back.
Pros
Great people to work with. Job security
Cons
The pay could have been better.
Retail Banking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Handling large denominations of currency
Processing complex transactions while protecting the bank from fraudulent transactions
Career stepping stone
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2016
The position acted as a internship for me after my freshman year in college. It opened great opportunities for me in the financial industry as the position showed that I could be trusted with significant responsibilities. I enjoyed helping customers and traveling to various branches throughout the southwest region of Ohio.
Good stable job
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 12, 2016
WeBanco has overall been a great place for me to work. As a working mother and wife it was a great supplement to our income. The hours are wonderful but as a single income it is just not enough to make ends meet.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Holidays
Cons
Lack of advancement, low pay rates
Lead Teller Charleston
Lead teller (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVNovember 23, 2016
I loved working at Wesbanco it was like we all was family while there. I worked at one of the branches that closed in November 2012. If it wouldn't have been for that I would still be there today coming up on 14 years of service. I truly miss working there.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Pay could have been a little better
Plenty of time off and flexible work times
Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 13, 2016
The compensation is lacking, especially by comparison to other bank jobs. The flexibility and time off is great, though. The medical benefits are excellent. Management in some departments is the worst I have seen. I would not recommend this employer.
Pros
excellent benefits, flexible scheduling, paid time off
Cons
poor management, low morale
recomment to someone looking for bank job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 20, 2016
enjoyed meeting new people and being to assist them for there bank needs liked people i worked with and had many enjoyable moments
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
good company, hated to leave
Operations Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2016
Good Company, great people to work with, most of my co-workers were eliminated also.
I work was alot of reports, data entry and research. "busy work"
I offered support to our branches when needed
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Could not offer me a position
Co workers made it worth it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beallsville, OHJune 6, 2016
a typical day at work was balancing vaults, end of the day balancing, general accounting duties . The co workers I worked with were so much fun, we had fun but got our work done also. the hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy management, they were never happy, they have a huge turn around
Good Compnay
Teller (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 20, 2016
WesBanco is a very good company to work for, as far as the branch I was employed at. Good benefits, and the job is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. Pay isn't the greatest, but benefits make up for it.
Over worked, Underpaid
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 22, 2016
The company doesn't pay accordingly to the work being done.
Managers won't stand up for their workers and figures out who has a drive to work and uses them as the work horse, while allowing the rest slide by on minimal effort.
Wonderful Company to Work For
Office Manager/Sr Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 17, 2016
WesBanco strives to help their employees succeed. I love being in management. It is a fun job and we enjoy working hard. Management is really easy to work for. They expect a lot, and expect you to deliver. But you are happy that you work for them.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Mixed Feelings
Teller (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 1, 2016
I worked at Rue 21 during the holiday season one year, and I wasn't that impressed with the way the managers worked. I worked as a sales associate transitioning into Assistant Manager, but there's nothing that could have convinced me to stay. I love the company. I love everything the brand stands for and the prices are killer! Such a great selling point. I feel like I could have really done the company some good by staying there longer, but it's like I was the only one who cared about their job. The other managers hung out in the back leaving an employee or two on the floor with no clue what they were doing. Plus everyone felt the need to always call off so I ended up working WAY more than I bargained for. That made my work/life balance suck. One manager made fun of customers constantly and was actually reported for being so rude.
Pros
Great Company, Amazing Brand, Easy Advancement
Cons
Bad Management, Almost No Life/Work balance
Banking Staff very un-professional
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 6, 2015
This is a very small bank with small thinking. Staff was very unprofessional and close mined. Not open to other cultures. Tellers are unfriendly even to the most long standing customers. Not FDIC compliant and I was uncomfortable with some of the bank's practices.
Small bank, but trying to grow too large
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2015
-no work life balance
-poor management
-bad benefits (including very high costs for health insurance)
- Overworked and under paid
Pros
close to home
Cons
under the microscope with everything
Currently handle the Commercial Real Estate construction portfolio.
Commercial Real Estate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 4, 2015
WesBanco has recently hired a new President, which is a positive for this corporation. They are undergoing their first growth under this new management and are experiencing some growing pains.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Understaffed
The upper management allows the employs to bully them to make decisions.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodsdale, WVAugust 21, 2015
Horrible company, pay is low considering the demands. Management can even control their employees. Seems that there is always a hidden motive. They should look at the crew and maybe then they will understand the high rate of turnover there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Employees, upper management, company direction
fun and safe environment
fryer (Current Employee) –  wheeling, wvAugust 18, 2015
working in a nice, safe and properly maintained faciulity with freindly and helpful staff workers with good managment, hours and very helpful manaers
Pros
good people
Cons
small pay
Like a dictatorship
Teller (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 11, 2015
The coworkers at WesBanco were amazing. Anyone I came into contact with (who was my equal) was very helpful with any questions I might have had. The training facilities are great and really makes you feel like you picked a great company to work for. Then you start working in your branch, realize that you are so understaffed that customers complain to you about your wait time. Most of the managers I came into contact with couldn't run a simple deposit or even make it to work to open the branch on time. All in all, WesBanco is a company who allows the members of upper management pick and choose who will do what job, disregarding policies and ignoring the workers who are reliable and knowledgeable. Also, there is no policy against friendships between coworkers or even employees and supervisors, but it will be addressed if it happens.
Pros
other tellers are very nice
Cons
upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WesBanco Bank, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.