WesBanco Bank, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a good place to work.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 7, 2018
I loved the job, the experience and the work I did. I worked in customer service and internet banking specialist w internet and debit cards. I answered question and trained employees. I reset passwords and data entry.
Pros
Health care, and great hours, great vacation and sick time
Cons
Poor communication
Family Oriented Employer
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2018
WesBanco is an excellent place to work at. On a typical work day you are working at a fast pace, but not a pace that is overwhelming depending on which banking center you are located at. The management is wonderful. They are willing to go above and beyond to help employees gain more work experience and is very understanding of employees who are seeking further education. The hardest part of the job is learning all of the processes, but once you learn them you are good to go. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and being a positive influence in peoples lives.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Good Workplace
Regional Vice President & Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Enjoyed WesBanco. Had freedom to develop business in our Pittsburgh market. Made great connections, had excellent regional president for PA. Credit committee and Loan committee were fair. Good all around.
Pros
Good enviromnent, good people
Cons
Were not prepared for the massively competitive market in North Pittsburgh, which was tougher than any other of their geographical markets.p
Fun, Professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45202December 27, 2017
Very laid back, fun place to work, management is awesome to work for, competitive salary and paid time off package. Very good health care packages offered.
Pros
competitive salary
Work wasn't hard but needed better management
IMAGE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 7, 2017
It was hard working there because you were told one thing and they did something else. The boss for my department would always take someone elses word against mine, even though I had been there longer. I would do whatever she asked of me without complaint and she never had to worry about it getting done on time.
Cons
Trust
Consumer Lending Officer
Consumer Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 12, 2017
Responsible for the Lending offices in the Washington area, both Branches. Monitored lending reports, and possible cross sell opportunities. Loan doc prep for the following days, pending loan closings.
Cons
Corporate downsized 90 employees, 10/ 2006
Easy Advancement Opportunities
Employee (Current Employee) –  WesBanco, USANovember 9, 2017
While the entry-level teller positions are lower pay than most competitors, opportunities for advancement are abundant and easily done. WesBanco offers full benefits and paid time off (vacation AND sick time). Positions in the retail banking centers can be fast-paced and stressful (as expected of any retail position) but if you're willing to put in the effort and time, you'll do fine.
Pros
Advancement, Paid time off, full benefits, flexibility
Cons
Comparatively low pay and high-stress in retail side
Good work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 3, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Wesbanco Bank, but I am looking to advance in my career. I started out as a vault teller and balancing ATM's. I enjoyed the fast paced work atmosphere. Accounts payable has also been a fast paced position and crucial deadlines to meet. I love to be busy all day and I am hard worker.
WesBanco
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVOctober 27, 2017
The Vienna branch is very upbeat and friendly.
Not a clear description of job title it is ever changing in the banking industry where ever you go in banking.
Pros
flex lunch
Cons
comminucation on true job discription
to few people working in it dept.
IT Asset Manager, WesBanco (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 17, 2017
I was the only person going out to the banks locations in five states. (WV, OH, PA, IN, KY). To many days on the road.
I was also the one repairing the equipment and sending the replacement equipment out to the bank locations.
Great work life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 3, 2017
Laid back environment that understands and supports employees work/life balance. Excellent career path opportunities. Great benefits. Management is very understanding, positive and supportive.
Great Community Bank!
VP & Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2017
I was part of the Columbus OH team. WesBanco is a great place to work! The management team is very supportive , responsive and energetic. They value their employees & support a good work/life balance.
OK place to work
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 26, 2017
You can get ahead if you want to work extra. Not very family friendly or offers a flexible work schedule. Different managers are more easy to work for.
Nice for Students
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson,ohMay 20, 2017
I worked at the Wal Mart branch while I was in college. This worked out nicely since the have many evening and weekend hours. I was able to work part time and have an income and benefits while attending school. They were able to easily accommodate my schedule.
Great Place
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  PittsburghMay 9, 2017
Loved working there great place to work etc would suggest it to anyone anywhere to look for opportunity there at Wesbanco. Great place to work and build a life.
Productive workplace
Teller-Float (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OH 45640May 3, 2017
A typical work day consists of doing night deposits in the morning, working on transactions through the day and helping assist with tasks involving checking accounts. I learned a lot about customer service while working for wesbanco. The management is very good and helpful. The hardest part of the job is sales and promoting products and services.
IT is not their core business
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 17, 2017
May be a good place to work if your background is finance. It is not a place to work if you are in the IT field. Employees are under appreciated and under paid.
A productive and enlightening place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WV 26101March 6, 2017
A typical day at works starts with preparing the things that we'll be needing for the day. Once the first customer comes in, we start getting into a routine: greet customer, process transaction, ask if there is anything else we can do, and then send them on their way. Once the transactions have accumulated, we send it to our proof department for verification. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers and being able to fulfill their financial needs. The hardest part of the job is watching for fraud and implementing some of the bank policies as it tends to frustrate some of our customers. Despite any unfavorable reaction, we stand firm in our regulations. We enjoy a dynamic workplace culture that continues to challenge us but also takes into account the well-being of its employees. Working in this kind of industry, I have learned how to diffuse high tension situations and how to handle sensitive customers. I have also gained knowledge about what goes on behind the scenes when you cash a check or when you do a certain transaction. Handling large amounts of money does not seem as intimidating as it used to be before I had this job. Most of all, I have assimilated a strong sense of accountability.
Pros
Fairly early dismissal time, good range of benefits for part-time workers
Cons
Not much work hours available
Could be good
Licensed Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 18, 2017
Absolutely must be part of the right team to have successful career with advancement. Management can have a gap and be 100% unaware, find out and not care. If the fruits are still rolling in, why be fair.
Job is always interesting.
Loan Operations - Data Entry Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 16, 2017
I worked for WesBanco Bank for a little over 10 years. I learned a lot while I was employed there and would recommend the job to anyone.

What I loved most about the job is the great group of people I worked with, along with learning something new everyday. Unfortunately do to a family emergency I had to quit my job there but if ever give the opportunity I would go back.
Pros
Great people to work with. Job security
Cons
The pay could have been better.