WesBanco Bank, Inc.

WesBanco Bank, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great workplace environment
Teller (Former Employee), Carnegie, PAMay 12, 2015
Worked with my schedule as needed, provided a safe and comfortable work environment
The corporate level worked with you to build your skills frequently and found ways to help you rise in the banking industry
It was a good place to work before 2000
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not caring about thier employees in times of need
I would be the first to get to work most days the last to leave. I have learned that you cant take things for granted, I thought it is was a "good" place to work, but when banking changed then the over all attitude of management changed. They did not seem to care about the employee's it was all about being bigger. the hardest part of the day would be the way co-workers would take advantage of others to be able to get out of work. the best part of my day was being busy almost all day.
Great company
Summer Travel Teller (Current Employee), Mineralwells, WVAugust 24, 2014
Good company to work for. The work culture could use some help. Management was nice and helpful.
Administrative Assist / Bank Teller
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wheeling WVMarch 21, 2014
Served as primary administrative assistant to the Branch Manager.
Administrative assistant to 4 Financial Counselors and the IRA Officer.

Provided customer service excellence.
Secured and maintained official checks, certificates of deposit, checks and savings passbooks.

Conducted quarterly bank meetings.
Maintained confidential personnel files and bookkeeping
Responsible for all cash transactions for assigned drawer.
Sales of bank products and services.
Implemented bank policies and procedures.
Conducted New Hire Training.
Conducted Product Education classes.
Research analysis, data entry and typing
Team Building
Teller (Former Employee), WVFebruary 26, 2014
A lot of good community involvement and opportunity for advancement
Nice place to work with friendly co-workers
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Ravenswood, WVJanuary 6, 2014
During a typical day at work I waited on numerous types of customers and processed transactions. I learned how to work with numerous types of banking equipment. My manger was very nice and helpful. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was making sure your money was always correct. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to socalize with the public.
Training was bad, Co-workers great
Home Loan Processor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaDecember 7, 2013
The training was a sink or swim experience but managers were great along with co-workers
Fast paced and enjoyable workplace.
Teller (Former Employee), New Martinsville, WVNovember 16, 2013
Pros: work environments, benefits, and pay
Cons: hours
A typical work day was decently paced. There was always something to do. I learned everything I needed to know from this company about banking. Management was great and everyone was on the same page. Everyone was a great mentor to me and the meetings were great so I could always be in tune on where the branch stands. The hardest part of the job from learning money handling skills due to the money machines that did that for me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the customers.
treated me horribly
Network Assistant (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVOctober 19, 2013
Cons: hours fell outside of normal, no benefits, paid little, higher ups were incompetent
treated me horribly. prejudiced based on weight thought I had to be a sloth. Didn't know places and people like this were still around.
teller
Teller (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVSeptember 11, 2013
good place to work, not much room for advancement
great co-workers
Enjoy helping customers solve problems and working with staff.
Office Manager (Current Employee), West Portsmouth, OHAugust 27, 2013
A typicial day at work includes providing customer service, solving customer problems or complaints. Supervising staff. Working with staff to improve sales goals.
Personal Banker
Licensed Personal Banker (Current Employee), Grove City, OHJuly 3, 2013
As a Licensed Personal Banker my duties include being the initial contact for new and existing clients for all retail banking needs. Resolve complex customer service opportunities. Support the retention and growth of client relationships through the sale of deposit and consumer loan products. Analyze financial and personal data to cross sell products and services to customers.
This was a sink of swim place to work and their were no life guards on duty!
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMarch 24, 2013
Pros: half day on saturday and no sunday work
Cons: not enough being taught to keep up with the changes
Daily Changes, and new people every 3 months. I did not like the manager were not helpful and we all were on a learn as you basis.
Excellent.
Internal Audit Staff (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVFebruary 12, 2013
Workloads are appropriate. Great work environment with great management team. Never went home stressed out.
Underpaid and Open 7 days a week
Teller (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVDecember 6, 2012
Underpaid for the amount of responsibility you have. Open 7 days a week.
Laid back fun work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: pay, laid back environment and friends
Cons: only could work part time and there weren't any full time positions open so i had to leave.
A typical day at work was taking deposits, making withdrawals, cashing checks, making payments, transferring funds, counting money shipments, stocking the ATM, and memorizing multiple combinations. I learned how to multi task a lot better. My co-workers were great and we were all friends. The hardest part of the job was keeping up a steady pace and being able to concentrate when we get really busy and had a line out the door. The most enjoyable was being able to joke with customers and everyone just have fun together.
A strong, small company.
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVAugust 11, 2012
I've been with WesBanco since the first of June 2011. I worked as a teller while finishing my education at West Liberty University, and accepted a promotion to become a personal banker upon completion of my degree.
Great Employer
Part Time Teller (Former Employee), Weirton, WVAugust 9, 2012
Pros: good job, good benefits
Cons: not very many branches in pa
Great job, good benefits. Management was very good at the branch I was at. I got very good training by the Head Teller.
Productive and Great place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Circleville, OHJuly 3, 2012
This is a bank that is only in 3 states. Being a teller for them is great. Everyone is always willing to help with nay problem. However, some of their managers should not be managers. Managers are pretty much excluded from following rules. If a manager tells you to do something and it is wrong..you are the one who gets in trouble not the person that told you to do it. So, they need different policies in that area. Overall, it is a great place to work.
teller
Teller (Former Employee), Shinnston, WVJune 20, 2012
Pros: fast paced, good benefits, flexible hours
Cons: part-time, weekend work
Learned how to work with public, handle large sums of money, co workers and manager were very pleasant to work with.

WesBanco Bank, Inc. Salaries