WESCO DISTRIBUTION

WESCO DISTRIBUTION Employee Reviews

The branch is a good place to work but company has a whole not so great
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 10, 2015
The team I work with is just that a team we all want the branch to succeed. I'm not sure the company wants to invest in current employees.
For the most part the job day to day is pretty mundane, but at the end of the month when we obtain our budget makes the mundane enjoyable.
kiss up every day and maybe you can get somewhere
Warehouse/sales (Former Employee), OregonMay 3, 2015
Pros: Pay(somewhat)
Cons: Everything else
This place paid ok and that is my only pro. The insurance benefits cost you a ton and they charge you based on how much you make. You get a raise, insurance goes up. Ridiculous!!!

The management structure in the NW is horrible. Everything takes forever to get done and a decision to be made. And unless your a big shot outside sales guy or branch manager, talking to upper management about ANYTHING is almost as bad as not showing up to work.

On paper the company makes itself look perfect, but you are just a number at WESCO and your job will always be on the line. If they can replace you with someone else and save a few bucks, your outta there

I refused to play into the manipulation.
Hydraulic Manufacturing
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 21, 2015
Very busy and growing company.
Learned lots from this company how to drive a fork lift. Shipping and receiving.
Liked the job for the continuous movement never stand still for a very long period.
Sales Administrator (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Fast pace multitask environment. Keeps you busy and on your toes. Great compensation package and benefits. Friendly coworkers and management.
No day is ever the same
❸ Inside sales - sourcing and purchasing material (Current Employee), Nashville TNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: some flexibility with start times
Cons: micromanagement
One can go from nothing but busy work to full blown spreadsheets to complete within a few days. Coworkers are okay, Workload comes and goes depending upon client's demands.
Worst Job of my professional life
Branch Administrative Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I had a very difficult time enjoying any part of the job during my tenure.
bad management
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), Midlothian, VADecember 4, 2014
bad management, no upward mobility or competitive compensation
Stressful working conditions on a daily basis.
Branch Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Tifton, GAOctober 28, 2014
Responsible for all inventory, account payable, safety, human resources, P & L to run am efficient warehouse.
Wonderful Company to work with!
Inside Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, NCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: everything!
During my time with Wesco, it was a very upbeat, very busy, professional atmosphere.
In Transition
Overlay position (Former Employee), Multiple areasAugust 26, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: vison of vertical leaders
WESCO,
Great company, has not completed the reorganization efforts and continues to modify role, head count.
Good pay, good support, lacks vision in vertical markets to drive execution.
good place to work
picker / packer / sorting and reciever (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 8, 2014
I really like picking and packing but had to leave this job to move closer to my daughters
Great company, easy going atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Metairie, LaMarch 18, 2014
Well structured company with great employees. There is a lot of information required to learn in order to succeed. I love all my co-workers as well as vendors. Wesco is a great company to work for and is highly supportive.
Good Proud People
Senior Account Representative, Ohio Public Power (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 4, 2014
WESCO has some great people to work with. Wesco people are professional and proud of the great relationships they build with their Customers and Suppliers.
Lots of manufactured parts for homes and mobile homes.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORFebruary 4, 2014
Working in this kind of warehouse business was really the thing i like working with. I operated a sit down propane forklift. I pulled orders for our international trailers as well as our local ones as well. I would be lifting over 100+ lbs throughout my shift. I pulled and loaded orders for next day deliveries in the proper staging areas. I did do some local deliveries to various companies.
Challenging distribution company with a unique to the corporation manufacturing facility
Facilities and IT Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 11, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: low recognition and pay increases
Well spent ten years of my career, furthering my experience in materials management, project management, manufacturing scheduling, customer issue resolution and in my last position as Facilities and IT Manger.
Low motivation - no advancement - salary not competetive
Site Manager - Supply Chain (Current Employee), Phoenix AZNovember 11, 2013
I worked with a Wesco subsidiary. Management was not very supportive. Customer was secondary as well. Training was almost non-existent.

Customer was great and supportive. Needs better direction from company. No raises in 2 years.
Same as previous
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 22, 2013
Pros: same as previous
Cons: same as previous
Please see previous since this was with the same company.

I was with the comany for 19 years

Learned several positions

Promoted several times
Diversified
Financial Analyst for Wesco Distribution (Former Employee), Lemoyne, PAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch. could get errands done.
Cons: training not that great.
Handled incoming calls, accounts payable/receivable. Posted checks, released orders, inventory for office, filing.

The training was not the greatest, but managed on my own.

Company downsized their Financial Branches. Left with severance pay and unemployment.
People in Pittsburgh very difficult to work for
Outside Sales (Former Employee), hUNTINGTON, W.VA.September 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Enjoyed my first ten years there the next ten was not very good at all too many changes in the corporate structure of wesco
excellent
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), mira loma,caSeptember 9, 2013
i enjoyed working for wesco dist,I was the lead and i showed the new and regular associates how to perform the work proccess.i routed trucks drivers,

WESCO DISTRIBUTION Salaries