WESCO International Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work until you reach 20+ years
Manager - LEAN Business Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2016
I grew up in my career at Wesco. However, once I reached 25 years service, they eliminated my position. Very disappointing to say the least.
Fast paced work environment that is self driven
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed my 3 years at Wesco for many reasons. For the most part we were left alone by our boss, because it was our own sole responsibility to make sure our daily tasks us were completed, and that orders were pulled and shipped out on time. This was slightly stressful at times, but gave an overall sense of freedom and trust between manager and employee. There were days where the work was hard, and days where it was more relaxed. This made it enjoyable, as it never really got too repetitive on a day to day basis.
Pros
No micro managing took place, good management
Cons
Overstocked on freight often times
Butt kissers over loyalty
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 8, 2016
Don't bother with this company. They make so many things to "appear" that they do things right and run a successful business. Managment forgets to do proper paperwork and later fill and sign it themselves. The only important thing for branch and district managers is numbers, sales. Because their bonus depends on it.
I worked there for 15yrs,ran their warehouse, averaged 55-60hrs per week, management kept me on salary. I was wrongfully terminated because they believed a worker who kissed butt every day who had been there for 3yrs versus my 15yrs. It's all good though I'm getting the last laugh. Another thing, this branch didn't have a single afro-american working in the entire branch, 40 employees total. Upper managment didnt like them.
Pros
Hard to think of one
Cons
Managment, hours, pay, the whole fake operation
Love my job NY
Financial Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NY and New JerseyJune 3, 2016
I'm a financial service analyst. Very busy day but I love the customers. Everybody is treated with respect here. Family oriented, so they care for you and your family. Manager and co-workers are great.
Pros
free lunch, union, family goes first.
Great atmosphere to work in.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNMay 5, 2016
Co-workers and management work well together to get the job done. Striving to get it done right the first time putting the customers first.
Continuous change
Management (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 29, 2016
Upper management always changing personnel and direction. No consistent direction. Intimidation is their means of motivation.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Lots of cons. Loss of direction from regional on up. Far too many meaningless rules and regulations
would not recommend
Former member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 19, 2016
Some depts (cash application) are not treated as fairly as others.
Poor moral. Unhealthy conditions. Poor dept. management/employee relations.
Pros
few friendly/helpful co-workers
Cons
no communication. favoritism. stressful environment non work related.
Very fast paced environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 19, 2016
Great people to work with, very enjoyable. I got to enjoy driving and meeting alot of new people and seeing alot of new places.
Hard to get fired, but hard to move up.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 5, 2016
Sales is God at Wesco. All other branches such as Financial Services and Operations are under compensated, but outside sales and sales managers make a ridiculous amount of money.
Pros
Lunch and learn, hard to get fired if your an inside salesperson.
Cons
under compensation unless in sales.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Supervisor, High Voltage Regions Project (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOApril 4, 2016
Typical day working at WESCO was always busy! I learned that it is important to stay on track and get things done. Management at WESCO is great. Co-workers are hard workers. They work together, they make sure things are going the way they should be, and they help get the job done. The hardest part of the job is hoping to never mess anything up, tot not have any problems. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work for WESCO.
Benefits
Upbeat and fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIMarch 30, 2016
At Wesco you spend a lot of time cleaning and prepping coffee stations and filling product, but you also get to know the customers and are able to enjoy the times that they come in. Customers are what make the store!
Productive, more than just tolerable work environment with benefits.
Sales Associate/Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MIMarch 21, 2016
I have gained a great deal of experience, knowledge, memories, skills, and friends while being employed by Wesco. The provide many benefits and opportunities for employees, while creating an exceptional atmosphere for working and shopping.
Pros
Free drinks and popcorn while working
Cons
only allowed up to 28 hours each week, short breaks and sometimes no breaks
Fun and fast paced; a multi-taskers dream.
Lead Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Work Life Balance is good. You can leave your work at work, and no stress at home over it. Typical days are busy, but that's expected; before you know it your shift is over.
Good company with the potential to be great.
Sales (Current Employee) –  East Coast United StatesFebruary 19, 2016
The operating system ZD is the worst operating system I have ever used in my entire career. The company has too many policies and procedures to get things done in a timely manner. Corporate should allow branches to have more control over their individual destines. Wesco also doesn't use their leverage to push the small mom and pop distributors out of the picture. My recommendation is to give individual branches more freedom to stock the material they need and to have their own individual purchasing agents.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Upward Mobility
Cons
Operating System, Corporate Micromanagement
Wesco Distribution was an overall fun company to work for. All employees got along with each other making it a fun work environment.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 16, 2016
While at work I received material from different freight companies and was in charge in entering the packing slips into our data base and then store them in the warehouse in the specified location. I was also in charge of shipping freight to our customers on a daily basis. I had a great relationship with all of the employees. The hardest part of my job was only when we would recieve a large amount of freight in one day and had to find places to store in the warehouse. For instance, the hardest time to work there was when a hurricane would hit land in the south. My place of work was the main distributor for the electrical companies in the south. So, when a hurricane would hit land we were working around the clock for months at a time to make sure our customers received the equipment they needed to restore power to the community. The best part of my job was learning. I was able to learn how to properly maintain a warehouse with thousands of different items in stock. I also enjoyed being able to maintain a safe work environement and seeing the employees I managed having fun with their job.
Pros
cooking for my employees, seeing the employees happy
Cons
The only cons of this job was working during a hurricane.
Overall good company
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 5, 2016
The work volume was high when I was employed there, but not too tough to handle. I generally enjoyed working for the company itself. Left due to the environment changing after another manager was relocated and it caused a conflict in how the department was ran thereafter. Most of my co-workers at that time were always professional, helpful, and friendly.
Slow Pace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Be prepared for a Slow, Old and Non-stimulative Environment. This Company is stuck in the 1960's and runs away from the idea of growth.
Pros
Good Vision Coverage
Cons
Pay, Work-to Life, PTO
Good experience, average pay
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 31, 2015
It's a decent place to work if you don't mind working 11-13 hour days. Pay is average, nothing special. After taxes, you will regret having worked all those long hours because your paycheck will not be near the amount you expect/deserve. I worked the warehouse shift and it required heavy lifting as well as loading/unloading trucks with a forklift. You are exhausted at the end of the day and all you want to do is sleep and recover and then dread waking up and having do the same thing all over again the next day. Management is lacking and needs vast improvement. They play favorites and said favorites can get away with doing very little work each day simply by sucking up to the right managers. Most of the warehouse workers take a ridiculous amount of smoke breaks each day in addition to slacking off and joking around with each other while barely getting anything done. I worked hard every day and had to pick up the slack for the workers who barely did any work each day. I did not take any smoke breaks nor did I slack off or avoid doing work like the other workers did. I would not recommend working here because the work is draining and exhausting. 50+ hour weeks on average with some Saturdays required. There is no job/life balance working here
Pros
Free breakfast on ocassion
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, exhausting work, bad job/life balance, management plays favorites
Good Place for a Start, Poor MGMT
College Program (Former Employee) –  FLDecember 30, 2015
Worked in their Sales Development Program coming out of college, in Central Florida.

Pros: - Work Life Balance is good. You can leave your work at work, and no stress at home over it (If you are on top of your game that is)
- Compensation is above average from what I have seen amongst other entry level jobs
- This is DETAIL oriented! You will be at a desk all day, and you will be multi tasking most of the time. Very easy to let things fall through the cracks

Cons: - The SDP is supposed to give you a look into every facet of the branch, however I feel that the communication between corporate and the local branch is very poor. I felt that when I did not bring it up to my manager, I would have been doing the same tasks all year (which is basically what happened) . Your development is very low on their priority list if you leave it up to them. No outside sales shadowing, no operations shadowing, the list goes on of the stuff corporate tells you that you will be partaking in that did not happen.
- While Work Life Balance is good, this job is not a "fun" one by any stretch. Not that I expect there to be office happy hours every day, but this job did very little to give incentives to their employees.
example- Employee appreciation day consisted of them calling us into the break room for 10 minutes. Giving us a small fruit cake, letting us get a slice, and back to our desks. Do not expect to have any fun office parties, or even a fantasy football pot. This office is very much all about the job. (Again a tough thing to complain about but I feel for young people this also means
  more... NO NETWORK OPPORTUNITIES)
- Finally, it seemed that this management team was not well versed with handling employees who could not grasp the job right away. Instead of sitting down with you, you get scolded for 10 min, and promptly given 5 new tasks to do, on top of your original problem issue (which is still, a problem, that you have no real guidance on).
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Poor MGMT, Poor Communication
Productive work place with the tools and support needed to conduct business
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Green River, WYDecember 28, 2015
Work hours from 730 am to 430 pm. No overtime required, some was given on my own for networking with clients and potential clients. Learned a lot about outside sales having come from a retail background. Work well with managers and have been able to assist and support them in their day to day duties. I really enjoyed most of my coworkers and our support staff. I think the hardest part of the job was living in a rural area with limited population and having a lot of competition. The most enjoyable part of the job was winning new business and project business.
Pros
Excellent Support Staff, 2nd Largest Distributor in the US.
Cons
Lots of driving on winter roads in Wyoming.