WESCO International Employee Reviews

Friendly place to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIMay 19, 2017
Good company to work for if looking into college they help pay and if looking to advance depending on the management. If like customers and good working environment place to work at.
Pros
Free drinks an pop corn
Cons
Short breaks
Bad management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 4, 2017
Very bad place to work ,lots of favoritism no rules guys come late everyday lots of call out lots of long hours bad pay dirty warehouse lots of dusk don't care about employees please stay away from this places.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Very poor work environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 24, 2017
On a typical work day you would receive inbound product. Put away stock. Generate/release sales orders. Pull, pack and ship orders via Wesco truck, UPS or common carriers. Perform cycle counts. Route all deliveries and generate manifests for drivers.

The hardest part of the job is watching other employees, many of which are making more than you, play on various non Wesco websites on their computers or cell phones. Candy Crush seems to be very popular! Insubordination is permitted daily by certain employees.They get away with it because of the clickish work culture allowed to exist here where their direct manager who is the branch sales manager is also their best friend. If you are not in the click, the work load is dumped on you and you are pressured and bullied to get the job done in order to meet customer satisfaction and expectations.

Although team work starts with me, it shouldn't include only me.
lack of everything
Inside Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Lemoyne, PAApril 7, 2017
worst place i have ever worked. Terrible management. NO room for growth. Terrible pay. No Training. everything was just thrown at you and you were expected to know how to do it perfectly even though management didnt know how to do it. Worst place i have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
everything
Dull environment, high workload
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 28, 2017
Some of the people were fun to work with in the office. However, as far as advancement goes there really isn't much to do. There is the possibility of moving from one branch to the other but there would have to be a perfect fit for that situation. Workplace is rather dull. Basic office structure with open cubicles. At least there was free tea and coffee but other than that didn't offer much.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
Downsizing with increasing workload
Productive place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2017
A typical day at work:busy. I learned organization skills,inventory control,skills on power tools. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am always busy
Your basic warehouse, cold in the winter, hot in the summer. Co-workers were awesome, management wasn't.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMarch 15, 2017
Overall this job wasn't bad, I almost enjoyed my two and a half years there. The management needed a lot of help but the employees made up where they lacked. The pay was great and the benefits were even better.
Productive work place, great learning experiences.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIFebruary 21, 2017
I have learned a lot from this company. I enjoy working for them and I will always remember what I have learned from Wesco and all of the wonderful co-workers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Very Solid and Productive Company
Warehouse Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Very Solid and Productive Company
Always reliable and dependable
Trustworthy, and takes care of their employees.
Free lunches sometimes. A pleasure to work for.
Went downhill fast
(1) Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 14, 2016
was a great company when I first started, then over time a revolving door opened with Branch Managers and quickly became dysfunctional. Relocated to another branch and it just got worse. How can two branches operate completely different under the same company and guidelines. My branch was by the book and this other branch did as they pleased, no true guidelines were followed, no discipline, lack of training for a cumbersome computer system. Then another merger was in the mix with no clarity as to where new location was going to be, This would effect employee commutes Only certain people were told specific details where as the rest of us were left in dark. , two facing and drama just overwhelmed me and I had to get out. I thought I was going to retire from there
Good place to work, Family first environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 9, 2016
Through the years that I have been with the company, they have grown successfully even during difficult times. Opportunities for personal advancement are minimal when it is difficult to relocate. The workload can vary depending on the season or situation but not unbearable. It has been a good place to work.
Liked the crew
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 3, 2016
It was not fun working here. Management was terrible. They didn't care off there employees. I would not recommend working for Wesco
Fun place to work and very organized
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2016
I have not been working there very long but so far its a very clean organized warehouse. Staff is friendly and break room is clean. Very helpful in getting me accommodated to the way they do things in their warehouse.
Awful
Inside Sales Assistant & Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
WESCO's management and leadership skils are the worst I have ever seen. If your not ''in the clique'' and a favirote (and you know who the favirotes are because they are the only ones coming to work happy and the only ones who make money)
I believe that the company overall is a good place to work.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 7, 2016
I believe that the company overall is a good place to work. However, due to the downswing in industrial and low sales in oil and gas sales are way off and layoffs are happening. This leaves for little job security creating a mass exodus. Leave before you're forced to leave. This is unfortunate because it does not have to be this way.
Pros
Good Benefits and starting pay
Cons
Job Security
Great place to work if you like being disrespected and treated like you should be happy that management keeps you around
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 1, 2016
Management is awful. Many have no clue of processes and just look for sometime to blame for mistakes. Good workers are not recognized. I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. Lots of drama and manipulative leaders. If your strong minded prepare to be let go.
Pros
Benefits are decent, workers are friendly
Cons
Management, no room for advancement and always worried about losing your job.
Great management and co-workers with thorough product training.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 19, 2016
Wesco had many branch offices, and I worked in a satellite office for a Wisconsin branch. There were two Inside Sales employees for my branch and we discussed issues first off in the morning. It was very much a mixture of account management and product quotations. order processing, special ordered items from specs and diagrams, and shipment expediting. Our branch represented 1 very large company so I spoke to the purchasing and engineering departments throughout the day.
I learned a great deal about distribution and the industrial electric industry and the products and people that keep the power functioning 24/7. I ordered critical inventory items as well which was very important for the company to have in stock at all times.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning because we were about 3months behind in purchasing, and I needed to quickly learn how this industry worked.

The most enjoyable part was the great people to work with and excellent wages!
Pros
Learning about the Electrical Industrial & Commercial products & the co-workers.
Cons
Not allowing yourself to make a mistake that affected the energy needs to many people.
Fun basic place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 5, 2016
At this job you did typical warehouse duties including forklift operation, and using a pallet jack, while adhereing to all safety guidelines
Pros
catered lunch
Cons
ending time varied
People are great
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 3, 2016
The people of Wesco are great to work with. The management side has a lot to figure out. The have purchased several support companies with the philosophy of just make it work but provides no guidance.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A lot of after hours work.
Not a very happy place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 26, 2016
Next to no room for advancement . favoritism by management. Poor yearly increases . warehouse workers are seen as replacable. We have gone through 5 eorkers and at least 10 temp workers in the last year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESCO International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7