WESCO

WESCO United States Employee Reviews

producdive workplace
driver / warehouse (Current Employee), murrysville, paApril 29, 2015
Pros: no weekend work.
Cons: an hour for lunch.
getting my shipments ready for delivery. management treats the employees fair. my co- are great to work with. we work as a team.
Fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Spring Lake, MIApril 16, 2015
every day is different but enjoyable to go into work. One of the best jobs I have ever worked at. Brings a smile to my face everyday i go into work
For a minimum wage type job, they are great
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Big Rapids, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: profit sharing, regular raises, fun atmosphere
Cons: low pay, but that's expected
If you keep in perspective that this is an entry level job, you will be amazed by Wesco. They offer regular raises for good work, and promote from within. It is hard work, and they have expectations, but they also offer profit sharing and a person can directly have an impact on what they get through sales. You won't get rich working for Wesco, but you will have a better than average entry level position where if you put in the effort, it is rewarded.
keeping up
laborer (Former Employee), Silver City, NMFebruary 12, 2015
You got to hustle when your a paper wrapper. Fast-pace when the shift gets going. It's good not to make mistakes on numbers to the corner of the blocks after wrapped. The reason why is because at the end of the shift they check for what was written wrong and then they have to usually be redone. Which then can upset coworkers, unless they like overtime! So it's good to do it right the first time. Some it takes longer to catch on than others. For me, it went pretty easy. Using a staple gun, edged knife, and marker to jot each corner depending on what...simple
Fast-paced environment
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Coloma,MIFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: flexible with school
Cons: not set schedule
A typical day at work involves counting cash from previous business day, running the register, putting out back stock, and cleaning up the store. I learned that it is very important to work as a team, if the person on a shift before you slacks off you have to pick up that slack. The management is not entirely how I would run a store per say, they need to step up a little more and speak with employees about gossip, being lazy, etc. Co-workers were easy to get along with. I get along with just about anybody. The hardest part of my job is not specifically the job itself but, the fact that I don't have a specific shift. I work all sorts of hours, I could work an early morning shift one day then a night shift the next. I need some sort of consistency. I enjoy being able to converse with and help people out on a regular basis.
Helpful and encouraging place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free popcorn
Cons: short break
A typical day included running the cash register, cleaning the popcorn machine, cleaning cappuccino machines, stocking the shelves and coolers, taking inventory and of course working with the customers. Coworkers were usually friendly when they were on the same shift. First shift coworkers were not usually so friendly. Management was very strict but fair with all who worked their. They were very willing to help all with learning and teaching to make better employees. The hardest part of the job was throwing all those yummy donuts away. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the regulars and remembering their information and their names.
Dealt with many different cultures of people
Sales Associate/Baker (Former Employee), Muskegon, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: n/a
My manager was a great lady out side of work, and tried to avoid conflict by making others do her dirty work. My coworkers were all so great to work with! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the extremely difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making lasting friendships with both the customers and my coworkers.
Nice
Cashier (Former Employee), Coloma, MIDecember 28, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: not enough hours for my family needs
.Nice place to work , just not enough hours for my needs.Enjoyed everyone that I worked with. worked around my family needs,
As a supervisor you do not have life balance between work and home. Always on call and needing to be ready to go in.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lake City, MINovember 3, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed most of the team i worked with.
Cons: no breaks, 6 day work week, vacations denied, no appreciation for working over 50 hours per week.
There is poor training. When a new program is given to the store there isn't any real training other than read this and hope you can figure it out. There is no life balace between home and work. You work 6 days a week and are on call all the time. If they need extra help you go in and work far past your required 50 hours. It is frowned upon if you don't work more than your 50 hours. You are denied time to take vacation time. They say you have the right to make mistakes but that isn't tru either. You rarely if ever have time to eat or take any breaks. They don't appreciate anything you do for the company but quick to point out mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was some of the staff that worked for me.
Productive work place along with fun atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edison, NJOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benefits
A day at the office can be very productive along with a few laughs from co-workers. Atmosphere is great. Management is tough at times but deadlines need to be met. This is a place where you are glad to go to work and come home feeling that you accomplished something.
Fun place to work. Amazing first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskegon, MISeptember 27, 2014
I loved working at WESCO because of the people. I love customer service and working with people. Being part of a team is more enjoyable than working alone.
Great Place
Wesco Bakery/ Baker (Former Employee), Plainwell, MISeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great people fun job
Cons: only part time no benifits
I loved it here. I got to meet a lot of great people and enjoyed the work. It wasn't a very demanding job. There were times where it could be stressful but that was only because depending on the spot you were working in the bakery the other two on the team depended on you to determine when they got out for the night.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: too many managers
Management does a poor job of taking care of the employees that have been with the company for years
Productive and
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: small warehouse
A typical day consisted of order processing, storing small airplane parts, pulling parts to be issued, & conducting Inventory. The management was very hands on, & we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the political things that was going on at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a good team of people.
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate Level (Former Employee), Sand Lake, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free food, fun atmosphere, easy to do, benefits, college rembursment
Cons: drama, low pay
A fun job for a starting a career.
Care deeply about employees
bad place to work,everything was the warehouse supervisors or my fault
driver (Former Employee), New Brighton,PAJuly 11, 2014
start at 8am load my truck,do my deliveries and come back at the wrong time every day. it doesn't pay to think for your self is what i learned. management was terrible,one would tell you to do something ,than the other would yell at you for doing it,plus the sales force was always butting in and telling how to do something or they had an "emergency" that had to be done right now.
Easy Job /Local Managment Needs Improvement / Regional Improvement
Warehouse (Current Employee), TNMay 25, 2014
Pros: easy work hours - friendly suppliers / simple tasks
Cons: advancement / salary / non commission / untrained employees
The Company as a whole is great, always growing larger - If you can't beat them, you buy them mentality. Work hours are great, no overtime and if you do work over, they make you leave early to ensure 40 hours are maintained.

The only commission is for outside sales who are supposed to drive sales but most pass the work to the inside sales for processing and markup.

Company has a tendency to hire non electrical employee's - order processors and then they don't train the new employee for of fear of loosing their job to the new hire.

Current Management is weak and unable to support current staff of fear of Sr. Region Management. In order to excel in this company, someone must quit, get terminated or simply have faith their number will be called.

Sr. Region Management takes zero steps to ensure current employees are happy and content. Unable to have sit down conversation in fear of loosing job for expressing situations in current work place.

There is more to discuss on this company but if you want an easy job, this is the place to be..
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Watervliet, MIMay 15, 2014
Oversee sales and customer transactions. Maintain a clean and presentable store. Keep the shelves and cooler stocked, maintain a orderly stock room. Maintain an average amount of funds in the register at all times. Assist customers as needed.
Poor communication skills and management didn't deal with important issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakeview, MIMarch 17, 2014
Pros: plenty of break time, good corporate communication, and able to pick up hours at other stores.
Cons: not able to move up in the company fast enough, unsettled harassment issues, poor management at my store location
Overall, it was a good starting job, but definitely not what I would want to do forever. I, unfortunately, dealt with harassment issues that were unsettled. My manager was not able to communicate with the employees well, and employees were afraid to communicate as well.
productive
Receiving Clerk/Purchaser/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day starts with receiving and entering all Packing Slips into computer system, making sure all merchandise and equipment that comes into company matches Packing Slips. Pulling all Special Ordered items out and place them where necessary..I learned stock
materials..Management was helpful . Whenever I needed an answer they would make sure problem was resolved..I was asked to be a manager but I preferred just working as one with my co-workers.
most were males but they were very cooperative..
The hardest part was trying to explain to a customer that the merchandise was shipped wrong or will be coming in later than expected from the manufacturer or when a picker packer put the
wrong material into a box for a jobsite..
I enjoyed communicating with my managers, coworkers and especially The Contractors, Electricians and manufacturers that
I dealt with especially because I knew what I was doing....

1 2 3

About WESCO

WESCO International, Inc. (WESCO) is a provider of electrical construction products and electrical and industrial maintenance, – Read more

WESCO Salaries