WESCO Employee Reviews

It's a living nightmare
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIMay 27, 2017
I have yet to see management do anything required of them. Management is never there and they don't get rid of the people who don't work. Be prepared to work terrible hours too.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed worming at wesco. They could do way better with benefits, pay, flexibity, and how they work with their employees. Like job incentives they could have those.
Best Company to work for!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIMarch 3, 2017
Co workers are all so helpful especially when you first start working there. Management is amazing, so many different learning opportunities and opportunities to grow and advance in the company.
Pros
Free work apparel, Discounted propane, free popcorn and fountain drinks while working
Cons
theyare only in Michigan
Wesco
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Part time was considered 35+ hours but if you worked 40 hours you would get written up. Not very good training. Manager did not communicate well. Lazy coworkers. Expected too much to be done in the back during busy hours.
Fun work place environment with fun people
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Belding, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Typically I start out with getting ready for the day by prepping up pizzas to make my shift easier. Then I get ready for our grab and go pizzas and making sure the pizzas in the case are fresh. Then I start prepping meats and veggies and sauces and make sure everything is stocked for rush. Making sure everything on my list gets done and I have the dishes done and trash taken out before I leave.

The managers are very nice and treat their employees well.
Pros
Health, dental, optical, college reimbursment, Pto
Cons
Short breaks, Work most weekends, Stressful at times
Corruption
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Manager is best friends with her manager and go to the same church. She pretty much does nothing, steals employee rewards for herself, and blames others. Working in the bakery is pretty cool though.
Pros
Cons
Everything that can go wrong will go wrong.
great company to work for
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rothbury, MIJanuary 23, 2017
nice place to work, great co-workers and bosses nice customers, flexible hours, flexible days, good benefits, clean and organized store
Pros
people
Amazing Place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIJanuary 23, 2017
Wait on customers, stock, clean, count down drawer and punch out. I do not recall ever having a hard part of my job. The most enjoyable of my job was waiting on the customers and knowing I took pride in making them walk out with a smile.
Pros
I worked with amazing co-workers and the boss listened to concerns
Cons
I never really had a con about the place of employment
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIJanuary 15, 2017
An amazing job for a social enthusiast. Decent advancement. Pay raise are min. pay raise bonus are good. Great customer clientele. Communication is min.
Pros
Great customer cliental
Cons
Pay raise is non exsistan
Great co-workers.
Adminstrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 20, 2016
Brought on originally as Administration assistant, I was quickly offered the position of Manager and given the tools and support I needed learn and perform the job. Great staff and corporate contacts always willing to assist when needed and quick to acknowledge a job well done.
Pros
Great training program, support staff, kudos when due.
Cons
Regionalized all departments except sales, less direct accountability to the customer.
Excellent place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Era, MINovember 13, 2016
Wesco was an excellent place to work. They care about their employee's. There is always room for promotions. They have great benefits. Also have an excellent school reimbursement program.
respectfully decline
respectfully decline (Former Employee) –  declineOctober 10, 2016
I respectfully decline to respond on a personal level. Each individual is different and should make their own determinations. If you enjoy a large fortune 500 corporate environment, this may be the company for you! Good Luck!
Great people, horrible spineless management
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 25, 2016
Staff was great. Management was spineless, and awful. Only looks out for bottom line. Does not reward hard work. Good work schedule, easy to stay busy and productive.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
no advancement
Productive and fun workplace.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Evart, MISeptember 19, 2016
I worked at Wesco for nine years and loved just about every second of it. We wanted our customers to walk out being satisfied, but more then that walk out with a smile. It was a very laid back, fun, and positive environment. It was a job where you woke up and wanted to go to work. My job duties there was to greet customers with exceptional customer service, answer phone calls, collect payments and resolve any conflict so the customer always leaves with a positive opinion about Wesco.
Pros
Paid breaks, flexible schedules, high moral, fun environment
Cons
No big advancments in managment, little advancments in pay.
its alright
Associate (Current Employee) –  Belding, MISeptember 8, 2016
At first, it was great but thwn later on nobody ever covered for me when I needed it while I covered for everyone else when they did. They do not take into consideration any life events that could happen. They will change your schedule without telling you, until the very last second. there is absolutely no positive encouragement, all they seem to care about is the stores needs not the associates needs.
Pros
free refills on fountin drinks
Cons
short breaks, no positive reinforcement
fun happy place to work
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIAugust 24, 2016
wesco is a great environment. they have great programs for school reimbursement, benefits, great bonuses. I have grown so much with them in the last four years.
Good people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 23, 2016
I enjoy working with the people at Wesco. Sometimes I wish there was more connection with management. I feel like management will work more closely with the people that they regularly work with instead of reaching out to other shifts to see how they can make a good connection.
productive and fun workplace
Cash Applications Specialist-Contract (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2016
I like working for Wesco, I enjoy working with the employees and the company. Everyone is really nice. I learned how to work within a group. Hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Fun place to work as a young person
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 10, 2016
The customers can be really friendly and can also be a pain, but they are the main focus of the job. There's also a lot of cleaning and upkeep during your shift. It's not a very professional work environment. It is very laid back. I learned a lot about the store but I wish I could have advanced sooner and made a bigger impact. I loved working with my friends but didn't like trying to balance friendships with work.
Pros
fun, easy, learning experience
Cons
not enough pay, unstable schedule, drama
Good work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIJuly 17, 2016
Good staff provided. Along with great care for the facilities for the employees and the customers. Great products as well.