WESCO Employee Reviews in United States

WESCO was a great company to work for. Innovative selling techniques.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at WESCO would start at 8am. Usually already had messages waiting for customer orders. Vendor meeting through out the day. Called new and existing customers for upcoming projects. The hardest part, probably the structure of bidding a quote, competing with your own co-workers to win the bid. The most enjoyable part was working with different vendors to learn about the latest and greatest product line.
Easy To Work Enviornment.
Quality Control Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Denison, IAJune 24, 2016
Wesco is a good company to work for, but it does have some down falls. This company has some staff that tend to think they are always right. But there is may positives to Wesco, the individuals make your day fun.
Stressfull
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 4, 2016
Stress full place to work, management could be better. Employees treat each other bad, and there is no excuse for disrespecting co workers in the work place.
Pros
Free Pie
wonderful place to work
Gas Station Clerk/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Evart, MIJanuary 29, 2016
I loved working at WESCO. They have wonderful people and the costumers are great. management is easy to work with. they have incentives on up selling and you may win prizes it makes it more fun.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
not enough staff working at one time
Not Recommended
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grant, MIFebruary 1, 2016
Wesco lacks communication and teamwork, not a good place to work if you like to get things done. It has good people, but they rely on you to get things done more than most.
Pros
Good people
Cons
lack of teamwork
Fun Job at First...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIDecember 1, 2015
When I first started working here I was so exited. But I had no room to advance due to my mom working their in the past. Because they thought they could some how base my work on hers. Didn't get along with a lot of co-workers, too much drama.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No help to advance
productive an fun work place.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIOctober 21, 2015
Fun work place, with potential to further the position. not all about over selling. Smiling faces everyday and regular customers who made your day better. The most enjoyable part about working for wesco was the management was amazing any question you could go to him, the co-workers always worked together and had great attitudes.
Fun and challenging atmosphere with something new eveerday
SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIAugust 20, 2015
My day is all about customers. I run a register and meet and greet everyone who comes in our doors. My co-workers have become friends and I appreciate everything the do to help me as an individual and as a whole in the company.
I have had learned to run a register and improved drastically on time management.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job and 2 in the same. My customers. Sometimes I have a struggle pleasing a customer while other times I have such a connection with them.
I strive to make their experience the best they have had and hope they come back again and again.
Pros
awesome co-workers; paid breaks; proper training
Cons
open 24/7 means working holidays & weekends constant; breaks are broken up as store needs help
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coloma, MIOctober 22, 2015
Wesco is a very busy gas station. I enjoyed working with the other employees and i got along with them. There was always something to do to keep yourself busy. I also enjoyed working with the managers
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
worked holidays
Great client base and contracts - results depend on local teams
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 2, 2015
The company has pockets of great managers and sales teams and pockets of poor performers that can drag down programs. There was a lot of negativity at the company and a lot of people who didn't seem to like working there. Making progress with these teams was like pulling teeth. Conversely there was certain teams and individuals that were very professional and very good at their jobs. Generally I had a bad experience but had visited other offices that the atmosphere and people were top notch and I imagine those offices would have been great to work in.
Pros
Good pay, professional organization with some great people
Cons
Some teams are very poor and lack of middle managers makes offices inconsistent
Typical Office Job
Sales Development (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 10, 2015
8 hours a day of sitting in a cubicle looking at a computer screen. It is a reliable paycheck, but very monotonous work. If you enjoy cubicles and computers this will be heaven for you!
up tempo place to work with great leadership and equally awesome personalities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White Cloud, MIJune 30, 2015
Wesco as a company has a great rapport with its community no matter where a store is located and that starts with great attitudes and even better customer service. I'm truly grateful to Wesco for showing me the advantages of good leadership and having a positive attitude no matter how bad things may go.
Team Building
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Grant, MIJuly 22, 2015
Wesco was a great place to work at. They are constantly striving to make their company succeed. I completed many task during my work day and we had to sign off an extensive work sheet when we completed task. On an average work day I would wait on customers, clean indoors/outdoors and work on stock. Many team building exercises would take place to go over conflicts and to get to know your co-workers. The management was decent but needed some work due to the role of favorites. I enjoyed cleaning and stocking but when I had to stand behind the counter to long while waiting on customers I would find myself getting restless. I constantly have to be on the move improving things. I absolutely loved my customers and I rarely had any rude customers. Now that I have left I still know and speak to many of them and its an amazing feeling. I enjoyed my time there but I was ready for something new!
Pros
Wesco had great benefits for college students!
Cons
Didn't have time to take a break.
For a minimum wage type job, they are great
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIFebruary 19, 2015
If you keep in perspective that this is an entry level job, you will be amazed by Wesco. They offer regular raises for good work, and promote from within. It is hard work, and they have expectations, but they also offer profit sharing and a person can directly have an impact on what they get through sales. You won't get rich working for Wesco, but you will have a better than average entry level position where if you put in the effort, it is rewarded.
Pros
profit sharing, regular raises, fun atmosphere
Cons
low pay, but that's expected
keeping up
laborer (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMFebruary 12, 2015
You got to hustle when your a paper wrapper. Fast-pace when the shift gets going. It's good not to make mistakes on numbers to the corner of the blocks after wrapped. The reason why is because at the end of the shift they check for what was written wrong and then they have to usually be redone. Which then can upset coworkers, unless they like overtime! So it's good to do it right the first time. Some it takes longer to catch on than others. For me, it went pretty easy. Using a staple gun, edged knife, and marker to jot each corner depending on what...simple
Awesome management
sales Asssosiate (Former Employee) –  Reed City MIJuly 7, 2015
i loved the people i worked with and the manger was amazing and understanding of everything. it was a fun easy place to work and as long as you did what was expected of you all was great.
Helpful and encouraging place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day included running the cash register, cleaning the popcorn machine, cleaning cappuccino machines, stocking the shelves and coolers, taking inventory and of course working with the customers. Coworkers were usually friendly when they were on the same shift. First shift coworkers were not usually so friendly. Management was very strict but fair with all who worked their. They were very willing to help all with learning and teaching to make better employees. The hardest part of the job was throwing all those yummy donuts away. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the regulars and remembering their information and their names.
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
short break
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 3, 2015
fun times, great atmosphere, loved meeting new people and hear expieriences, money was ok. having a family life wasn't easy with this company tho
Dealt with many different cultures of people
Sales Associate/Baker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MOJanuary 15, 2015
My manager was a great lady out side of work, and tried to avoid conflict by making others do her dirty work. My coworkers were all so great to work with! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the extremely difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making lasting friendships with both the customers and my coworkers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
n/a
Fast-paced environment
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coloma,MIFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day at work involves counting cash from previous business day, running the register, putting out back stock, and cleaning up the store. I learned that it is very important to work as a team, if the person on a shift before you slacks off you have to pick up that slack. The management is not entirely how I would run a store per say, they need to step up a little more and speak with employees about gossip, being lazy, etc. Co-workers were easy to get along with. I get along with just about anybody. The hardest part of my job is not specifically the job itself but, the fact that I don't have a specific shift. I work all sorts of hours, I could work an early morning shift one day then a night shift the next. I need some sort of consistency. I enjoy being able to converse with and help people out on a regular basis.
Pros
flexible with school
Cons
not set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESCO. Our community is ready to answer.