WESCOM CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

horrible place to work
Mortgage Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 23, 2017
The unfairness and micro management in this place was second to none! I had a horrible manager who didn't care about anything!
People would get in trouble for anything and everything!
Do you have to use the bathroom and step away from your desk for 5 minutes? get ready to have an email from your manager when you come back asking you in caps WHERE ARE YOU????
I never experienced stress the way I did working for this company before. There was favoritism and double standards constantly!
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Wescom is a great organization
Sr. Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 10, 2017
I do at all times recommend Wescom Credit Union for my friends, family, and peers as this is a top rated Credit Union. The benefits are excellent and the compensation is at par with market value. The work in the call center fast paced andsometimes stressful, but if you can manage to survive, you can survive anywhere!
Great values of helping members
Human Resources Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work if you are looking for stability and a conservative work environment.
Really great benefits.
Company does a lot for the community.
Encourages employees to keep fit.
Great Job.
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 17, 2017
Overall Great job with a lot of room to grow. Want employees to grow and succeed. Overall great company from top to bottom. Competitive pay and great management.
Great company to work for.
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 10, 2017
Wescom Credit Union is a great company to work for and I highly recommend anyone looking for a job in the retail banking industry. They care about the employee and their clients.
Challenging and productive career
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 15, 2017
I highly recommend a career with Wescom Credit Union. There are plenty of different positions to learn and a competitive salary compensation package. One of the best parts of the job is the variety of learning new jobs. I think it is important the company develops new technology in the ever changing financial market place. It's fun to learn new programs and new ways to do the job and helping others learn them too. One of my responsibilities was to train employees on how to communicate with their members on various techniques and to look for clues on cross selling products and services.
Pros
The best part of my job was the feeling of job security.
Cons
I wish the company was in Dallas or Fort Worth Texas.
Great company.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Wescom Credit Union is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone looking to either begin or continue their career in retail banking.
Mindset is very mom and pop
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 28, 2017
The benefits are great in terms of insurance coverage which is very affordable and company pays for 80% on health and 100% on vision. In terms of culture you get stuck with a lot of people that are lifers and this maybe the only job they've ever had so they don't know how to conduct themselves on a professional level. People there think they should be promoted based on length of time and not on competence or skill set which tells you a lot already. A lot of people there are also vastly under educated so prepare yourself.
Pros
Overall benefits
Cons
Ghetto mindset
Above average compensation and benefits for a FInancial Institution
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 21, 2016
Above average compensation and benefits for a Financial Institution including time off, pay and 401K matching was great.
Pros
Above average compensation and benefits
Cons
Smaller institution so some limited upward mobility
Wescom credit Union
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 31, 2016
Made you feel like you were in a family environment. Allowed you to work independently but everyone was always there to help.
Great pay and Benefits
BUILDING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CASeptember 23, 2016
working at Wescom was very fulfilling it is always a busy place. Middle management is great. The Family work balance is not the greatest. Interacting with my coworkers was the best part of my day.
Proffesional work
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 16, 2016
Friendly staff & managers, learned new things mostly everyday and i have the ability to pick up quickly. Too far of a commute everyday.
Pros
profit sharing insentive
Cons
too far to commute
Good Position lots of room to grow
KIOSK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 3, 2016
A very classical banking job but with all the benefits that you would want to come with it such as medical, dental, and bonuses based not only personal performance but branch performance.
Productive, fun and great workplace
Assistant Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 13, 2016
Productive and fun workplace where I learned a lot of programming, data analysis, problem solving, project management and how to handle multi-task with high pressure. Also nice, friendly and helpful co-worker. GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT!
Good Place to Work
Member Service Rep III (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 30, 2015
Wescom Credit Union, is a good place to work and they assist in all things and excel in member service engagement. Must be able to provide the best customer service at all times as well as have the best product knowledge.
Pros
Benefits for part-timers
Cons
Must be able to solve problems in all aspects
Secure and Friendly Environment
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 24, 2015
Expect to perform with great honor and be self-driven to succeed, with that recipe you will thrive. Compensation is really fair and opportunities to arise from position is available.
Great company and loved it during my time there.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 30, 2015
I worked for Wescom Credit Union during the 2008 economy downfall. After three months my job position was terminated due to the company closing branches and laying off the newer employees. I was only there 3 months so my position was no longer available, but it was nice to get a severance package.
Pros
Very friendly bosses and great work environment
Cons
At the time, no job security
The best part was the drive in the morning
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 1, 2015
I thought a lot of the Credit Union because the members were always so nice and I was very happy to help them. I opened accounts did loans DMV and Teller duties
They are an unethical company!
Management (Current Employee) –  PasadenaMay 22, 2015
Pains me to say it but, they are an unethical company and a major disappointment to work for as indicated by their robust turnover. I have worked for many years and have never been asked to compromise my ethics or integrity but, I was at Wescom.

You have been warned stay away this employer will bite! Honest and Integrity are on plaques on the walls but do not exist at this workplace.
Pros
Company is local to Southland
Cons
Ethics
Wescom
Member Service Representative - MSR III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 7, 2015
Great company, awesome co-workers. management need to be trained more. sales are becoming a main goal for this credit union