WESCOM CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews in United States

Good Position lots of room to grow
KIOSK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 3, 2016
A very classical banking job but with all the benefits that you would want to come with it such as medical, dental, and bonuses based not only personal performance but branch performance.
Productive, fun and great workplace
Assistant Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 13, 2016
Productive and fun workplace where I learned a lot of programming, data analysis, problem solving, project management and how to handle multi-task with high pressure. Also nice, friendly and helpful co-worker. GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT!
Good Place to Work
Member Service Rep III (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 30, 2015
Wescom Credit Union, is a good place to work and they assist in all things and excel in member service engagement. Must be able to provide the best customer service at all times as well as have the best product knowledge.
Pros
Benefits for part-timers
Cons
Must be able to solve problems in all aspects
Secure and Friendly Environment
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 24, 2015
Expect to perform with great honor and be self-driven to succeed, with that recipe you will thrive. Compensation is really fair and opportunities to arise from position is available.
Great company and loved it during my time there.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 30, 2015
I worked for Wescom Credit Union during the 2008 economy downfall. After three months my job position was terminated due to the company closing branches and laying off the newer employees. I was only there 3 months so my position was no longer available, but it was nice to get a severance package.
Pros
Very friendly bosses and great work environment
Cons
At the time, no job security
The best part was the drive in the morning
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 1, 2015
I thought a lot of the Credit Union because the members were always so nice and I was very happy to help them. I opened accounts did loans DMV and Teller duties
They are an unethical company!
Management (Current Employee) –  PasadenaMay 22, 2015
Pains me to say it but, they are an unethical company and a major disappointment to work for as indicated by their robust turnover. I have worked for many years and have never been asked to compromise my ethics or integrity but, I was at Wescom.

You have been warned stay away this employer will bite! Honest and Integrity are on plaques on the walls but do not exist at this workplace.
Pros
Company is local to Southland
Cons
Ethics
Wescom
Member Service Representative - MSR III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 7, 2015
Great company, awesome co-workers. management need to be trained more. sales are becoming a main goal for this credit union
Very fun place to work. there was team work all the way
loan document drawer/funder (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAMay 6, 2015
My typical day at work would be to prioritize the documents that came in and make sure that there were no files where the lock rate expired. Make sure that the Purchases were first and then HELOCs,Conventional, and 1 st Mortgage's were done in that order.

The most enjoyable part of working there was my co- worker's.Always team player and very help full.

The management there always made sure that we had our pot locks and bought lunch for us when it was month end.
Pros
Great Insurance benefit, extensive amount of over time, very positive environment to work in.
work is fun and a learning experience
TELLER (Current Employee) –  california,caMarch 3, 2015
a typical day at work is opening the branch, making the coffee, getting my station ready for the members, taking the members deposits and withdrawals
Telephone Service Rep
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim HillsFebruary 3, 2015
Good Training, lots of management support. Some members may be irate, but most of all they are good. Staff members are good to work with.
You get rewards like movie tickets free if you get some compliments from the bank customers.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 21, 2015
After I quit from another company seeking for better compensation, I work with this company. It was the opposite of the other one. This place was a very serious place. I just stayed with them like 1-1/2 years only and quit. The only thing I was thankful was I learned about money and banking.
Pros
you get rewards like movie tickets free if you get some compliments from the bank customers.
Cons
no giggling, talking while in call center, very strict to their employees
Frontline branch atmoshpere
MSR I/ MSR II (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Fun competitive environment. Team oriented with aggressive sales goals.
friendly workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 4, 2014
I enjoy working for wescom great hours and awesome benefits.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
management isnt that friendly at times
Excellent work environment and company
Loan Funder (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 2, 2014
I enjoyed my job duties , professional atmosphere and management. Friendly co-workers. Company cares about employees.
Pros
bonus, lunches
Left employer due to relocation
President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Overall the employer was great to work for, left due to family relocation.
Wescom Credit Union
Not Sure (Current Employee) –  Anaheim HillsJune 7, 2014
Rather limiting potential and constant sense of being held back. Minimal training, and expected to know everything in a moment's notice. Would prefer to work in a more professional environment where the higher ups aren't constantly talking behind your back or spending most of their day visiting each other. Total lack of communication and disregard for explaining your role. One particular manager feels it is necessary to treat the employees as if she/he is much smarter than her employees, and makes sure to treat employees as to make sure they know she is the manager. I thought the 60's where gone.
Pros
salary is okay, lunch everyday
Cons
micro management, poor training, lack of respect, outdated management style
stressful and micro-managed
processor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim OperationsApril 2, 2014
Too bad the mortgage division, CUSO Mortgage Isn't run like the rest of the company. No formal training, no management support system, and the"old BOY' system certainly in play here.

co-workers are great and make the place tolerable but Sr. Mgmt needs work.
Great company!
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2014
Very easy going days, learned how to process payments of all sorts, management was great, co-workers fun to work with, hardest part of the job when we came to the end of the day and had to balance at the end of the day.
Fast paced environment
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoyed the customers I had at this job and management was friendly.