WESCOM CREDIT UNION

WESCOM CREDIT UNION Employer Reviews

Wescom Credit Union
Not Sure (Current Employee), Anaheim HillsJune 7, 2014
Pros: salary is okay, lunch everyday
Cons: micro management, poor training, lack of respect, outdated management style
Rather limiting potential and constant sense of being held back. Minimal training, and expected to know everything in a moment's notice. Would prefer to work in a more professional environment where the higher ups aren't constantly talking behind your back or spending most of their day visiting each other. Total lack of communication and disregard for – more... explaining your role. One particular manager feels it is necessary to treat the employees as if she/he is much smarter than her employees, and makes sure to treat employees as to make sure they know she is the manager. I thought the 60's where gone. – less
stressful and micro-managed
processor (Former Employee), Anaheim OperationsApril 2, 2014
Too bad the mortgage division, CUSO Mortgage Isn't run like the rest of the company. No formal training, no management support system, and the"old BOY' system certainly in play here.

co-workers are great and make the place tolerable but Sr. Mgmt needs work.
Great company!
Teller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2014
Very easy going days, learned how to process payments of all sorts, management was great, co-workers fun to work with, hardest part of the job when we came to the end of the day and had to balance at the end of the day.
Fast paced environment
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoyed the customers I had at this job and management was friendly.
Great team to work with.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CaFebruary 5, 2014
Fast paced environment, good member service. Ability to learn most aspects of financial institution if your willing to learn.
Wescom
Administrative Services and Facilities Specialist (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Management is out of touch. No room for advancement. Operates like a bank and not a credit union.
A nice Credit Union to be employed at
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CANovember 18, 2013
I would provide assistance to our credit union members via phone or in the branch. Tasks such as personal assistance with members accounts, submission of various loan applications, funding of loan and certificates, auditing, administrative duties, and maintaining personal cash drawers. Management was very professional, friendly, and passionate about – more... their place of work, I was also surrounded by co-workers who became family and friends outside of work. The hardest part of the job was the opportunity and compensation. The most enjoyable was interacting familiar and new faces every day. – less
I would like to explore the possibility joining your company. It is my desire to utilize my work experience to the fullest possible extent.
Human Resources Specialist II (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 4, 2013
Monitor employee time-keeping and time management
Customer Services which includes solve problems and investigate/resolve
a wide variety of issues and requests that include gathering additional information,
setting expectations and working with other support organizations to fulfill the request.
Handle escalated issues by successfully navigating the – more... organization to resolve customer requests – less
Fast pace fun job.
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great hours, competitive pay
I would answer calls and help people with general inquiries. I enjoyed helping people with any questions they had and help them with managing the accounts they had.
Not much to say
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
I appreciate the things I learned, the Credit Union World is very fascinating! I enjoyed working directly with the members and helping them where I could. I also very much enjoyed working with the Board of Directors and becoming proficient in Minute Writting.
Favorable work location. In house computer room.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 27, 2013
Pros: monthly meetings. great location.
Cons: no advancement.
Helped customers daily with phone inquiries in the banking industry. This company was part of the credit union banking industry. I learned new terms and workings in banking. I had extensive training before heading out to the work floor. I enjoyed the motivational meetings we had monthly. This consisted of a typical work day but we were in a training – more... room with a hired speaker. I did not agreee with the way managment dealt with seniority. They only promoted friends. Hopefully this was changed after I left here – less
Banking environment
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Our call center was divided into several teams. It was very busy and there was not much interaction with coworkers during the day. There were company sponsored lunches and the call center stayed busy.
Bank environment. Fast paced
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: work every weekend
Taking calls, transferring money for customers and answering company policy and account questions.
This was a very nice place to work
Accounting Rep (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 9, 2012
Pros: good salary and excellent benefits
Cons: it became too far to drive (approx.150 miles a day) from perris, ca. to pasadena, ca.
In our accounting department, the employees there had worked in this credit union from 10 to 30 years, our children all grew up together, we personally did things outside of work together and we truly were a family.

This was a very conservative credit union and we worked together to complete all the task that were required daily. Again I balanced the – more... general ledger for member wires to ensure that the person in the Central Services Department posted all the incoming wires to a member's account on the same day.

I ordered cash from the Federal Reserve Bank to be picked up by Brinks for our Automated Teller Machines (ATM) and each branch manager (20 branches) would order their cash from me for their ATM machines.

Overall, I enjoyed working with the employees in this department and once again we would come together to make the month end process a success.

My supervisor was the nicest person I had ever encountered, so she hired me, promoted me, and she told me when I wasn't on the right track, which wasn't very often.

I wasn't a person that needed supervision, as an accountant, you know what your job duties are and you perform them. – less
Productive and fun
Customer Service/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Anaheim HillsOctober 22, 2012
Pros: great management team
Cons: no cons
It was a great experienced to learn the loan processing in the financial environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the loan process and provide the customers of what the need and what they didn't know about their application and how to be approved when their criteria was not met to be approved. During the time I was employed my daughter – more... was very young and the commute was bad for me. Now, my daughter is older and I can drive just about anywhere. – less
organized productive work
Teller (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CASeptember 27, 2012
Treating our members like a members of the credit union. I learned things I thought that I would not be able to do. Counting money in a faster passe, working with money in another level other than just being a cashier. Educating the members on what the credit union offers. Co-workers we learned to help each other when it's needed working together brings – more... higher ranks at the credit union. The hardest part of my job is nothing and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people I love it. – less
temporary employment
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Tustin, CASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: learning more about customer service.
a good company to work for. was a temporary position for 7months. learned different ways of communication.
Good company to work for.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 25, 2012
Pros: goos benefits
Cons: better management
Always busy, busier on Saturdays. Always never boring. The company treated the employees well. Management needs to be better.
Great Orginzation, Mismanaged.. Lack of advancement
Member Service Representive II (Former Employee), Tustin, CAMay 18, 2012
Pros: great work enviroment, great compensation
Cons: no advancement, poor management teams
Wescom Credit Union stays true to their credit union principals. They strive to put their members needs and financial goals at the forefront with out implementing sales and products. Working in financial institutions this is by far the best company in terms of low stress level and comfortable work environment day to day. My experience may be different – more... from others. In my experience there was poor management and no training. However, from what I heard it was not like that company wide. One thing I will say is, a majority of the branch positions, minus management, are all part time. It is difficult to work full time and for any type of advancement. Many employees have been in the same positions for 6-10 years with no opportunity for advancement. But if you are a full time student looking for a part time job, this may be a good fit for you. – less
Great Company to work for with great benifits
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee), MonroviaMarch 19, 2012
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: no bonuses for products sold.
This is a great company to work for, but movement to upper management can be stagnant.

WESCOM CREDIT UNION Photos