Wesley Enhanced Living Employee Reviews

Worst Senior Living Company in Delco
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Media, PANovember 30, 2016
Wesley Enhanced Living in Media has no leadership, there is no work/life balance. The community is rundown and need of repairs desperately. Not the best work environment and hoping that another company buys this community. Wesley has downgraded since buying this community about a year and half ago.
Pros
Residents, fellow housekeepers, average pay rate
Cons
Leadership, Wesley Enhanced Living owners, work/life balance
Company having money issues
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2016
Wesley Enhanced Living is having money issues, having a hard time making payroll and sometimes have ED's not get paid. All of their communities are dated, need remodeling. They seem to have a ton of empty apartments in both their independent and assisted living communities, they always have sales. Big cash flow issues, job security is not stable.
Pros
Fellow team members
Cons
Not a stable job, company has money issues, upper management
expect to work hard
LPN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19152November 15, 2016
workers and residents are great, however administration not so great, the work is hard but rewarding, I would never take a break, but would make myself take lunch, no matter how busy we were
Pros
pleasant co=workers and residents
Cons
have no time for breaks
not a nice place to work
cook (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 18, 2016
short on staff, overwhelming amount of work to do, never get breaks,
bad, demanding, disconnected, management only finds faults, never anything good to say. nice coworkers when we get them.management doesn't seem to know whats really going on.It used to be nice when it was just Heritage Towers, before it became wesley Enhanced living. The kitchen used to be managed by sodexo, then it was good, then they went independent, and it was honestly the worst thing that ever happened to me and my career.
Pros
health benefits.... ok
Cons
bad management
Worst place to work
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 14, 2016
Worst job to work at. Personal care managers work against you instead of with you. Pay is too low for the amount of work they give you. HR does not help you at all with your problems. They make up there own rules as they go on.
Pros
Residents are wonderful
Cons
Managers and pay suck
I rate this job at a 3. They do not offer alot of full time employment. at times you will be out of work, will always have to have a second job.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMay 18, 2016
Nice building, short on staff. Management is good but could be better. Does not have a lot of full time position, hire more PRN, then anything.
Pros
Bistros it not freebut the price is great.
Cons
no full time position at times there are no shifts (winter) mainly, favoritism is shown when giving out shift they are not flexible.
Management horrible
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 10, 2016
The mananger was a bully.changed my job description on numerous occasions.Picked on me...The pay sucks management doesnt care about their workers...I was there for a month and i couldnt take it anymore
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything that has to do wit management
Only good to gain experience.
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2016
The company is not employee friendly. They only care about the money that's coming in, you have to fight to get your raise, there's no place for employees to store their belongings, there's favoritism, cliques, eveyone talks bad about everyone from administration to the employee as well as the residents. They write you up for the smallest things which is why they're always hiring. It seem to be a good company to work for at first, but after a while you begin to look for something else. Glad I left.
Pros
The residents they care more about the staff then the company
Cons
no advancement, no support from administration, a battle to get your raise or anything due to you.
Dietary/Worker
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work is finding out that there is not enough or even what supposed to be on the menu, you go to management and they always have an excuse, what exactly do they get paid for, you can't go to human resources because you will never get correct information, the residents suffer on a daily basis because of the lack of food or none, the company is suffering and it's a shame, no communication at all,I won't be shocked if they are bought out by another food service company, they should because they don't care
Pros
Good shift
Cons
Badpay, rodentand bug infestation
Productive and Awesome Place to work at.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2016
Great atmosphere, friendly people. fun place to work.
Management is great and gets along with all the staff.
The hardest part of my job is nothing.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons

Want to know more about Wesley Enhanced Living?

Ask a question
Productive environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
It was a enjoyable experience the coworkers were willing to help understand job duties and fun work environment would work their again.
Pleasant work place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
The best part of my job is being able to help those in need and be the nurse that I can. I know that my residents depend on me to advocate for them and I love it. I am always there to help whether with a resident or peer and always do my best.
overall great place to work
Personal Care Aide Med Certified (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PAFebruary 23, 2015
relationships developed between staff and residents made this place a wonderful place to work. Typical day was very busy with short staff, but we always made it work. Relationships between coworkers were very strong and we were always there to help each other out. Hardest part of the job was being understaffed, while the most enjoyable part of the job was the residents, they made work so much more enjoyable .
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
management/employee communication could have been better
Well maintained active facility
internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2015
As an intern student I enjoyed working with the clients. The atmosphere was warm welcoming and well organized. I was able to bond with my assigned clients while attending to their daily needs.
Wesley enchanced living
Dietary Aide/Cook,utilities (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2015
I believe the mangement has no idea what they are doing but overall the people are ok. i beliebe the comp[any should consider hiring more people to help make the company raise there hiring people that dont what to work
Cons
No Advancement when a cook position was avalible
Utility/Secondary Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2015
I would never recommend anyone to work for this company cause management is bad and is not there for the staff and there's no communication between staff and management.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Does not pay well
great learning experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2015
Learned a lot of medical terminology along with new skills for my new career and education. Management wasn't the best, but they made it work most of the time.
productive
Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
On a regular day you coem in put your personal things away, check which section you will serving, and what your side work is! start your side work as far as setting us garnishes, soup stations, desserts. Than check to see who you will be serving so you can prep they're drinks and food
Pros
free food
Cons
didnt work as team
Rewarding environment to work in.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2013
It's been an enjoyable experience working in this part of the healthcare industry. The residents and co-workers are both great. My day usually consist of paperwork and monitoring dining services provided in the main dining area and the cafe area. We work as a team with other departments to execute any events for the residents.
Productive place of work
Certified Nursing assistant (externship) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2015
The Facility was real good at welcoming in the class I was in for the American Red Cross. The staff there was great and played a big role in our gain of knowledge by putting us in situations that could benefits us as well as a CNA.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Enhanced Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6