Wesley Enhanced Living Employee Reviews

learning Experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to get your Experience, I learned alot from the nurses..always willing to teach me somthing new and also inspired me to love nursing by making a difference in the life of others..
Pros
Great food, Benefits
Cons
Mangement
this particular job can get pretty boring after a while
Activities Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2017
was pleased with a job at first but then needed a more of a challenge and more income. I felt as though i was not learning much from the role and needed something more challenging however over all it was a useful experience.
Pros
free lunch wednesdays, and free snacks throughout the week
Cons
the job becomes very relaxed and not challenging enough
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2017
I have to say that everyone has been open armed and welcoming and very helpful since I began working there. From the CEO to laundry everyone is kind and respectful.
Pros
Cons
Cattiness from some younger employees
productive,
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 6, 2017
It's always great being at work, learning how to appreciate others. I also love the work environment created by both the Employer, Employees and Residents.
I love to taking care my resident because it makes me feel fulfill
Poor Management
Nursing (Former Employee) –  NursingNovember 2, 2017
Not a good place to work. Its like high school all over again don't let the nice building fool you. Everyone there is out for one another and very petty.
Didn’t enjoy place
Server (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 28, 2017
The salary is really low for what you have to do. Along with the salary, the management want a mess and didn’t know what was going on half the time and it was really unorganized.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
A lot
Productive and Enjoyable place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 19, 2017
Being a companion to some of the residents, taking a few minutes to listen to the stories they share of their younger years. The knowledge they have.
Pros
The gifts from the Families in appreciation of care.
Cons
Appreciate special treatment from Managers.
Co workers are nice
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2017
They have a low pay rate for nurses. The enviornment is very nice. Its a slow paced shift. I am very comfortable in my job and i have no plans leaving
Slow repetitive days
Dining Server/Dish Washer/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Hatboro, PAAugust 22, 2017
I started at WEL in high school as a dining server and have progressed through almost every other position within the dining department while going to college, I'm now a line cook. Every day is the same, which may work for some people, but it seems like we're usually looking for work to fill out the rest of our day until dinner time rolls around. The hours are good, especially if you're used to restaurant environments. However, as someone looking to start my post grad career in an entirely unrelated field, this is a stale and boring job
Personal Care Aide
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2017
Plenty of training and hands on experience. Management is okay but you have to be on top of them about certain things (concerns, requested days off). There is pay differential for shifts (if that matters to you).
I love my job as a care giver and love the staff and the residents.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stapley in germantownJuly 11, 2017
I work as a cna at stapley great place to work most of the staff is helpful and friendly. Hopefully I will advance so I can contiue to work for the company. I love the residents and the staff great place to work and I live in the neighborhood.
Pros
Pay and overtime
Cons
Team work at times
Personal care management is horrible
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 22, 2017
managers are very unprofessional, residents that can't speak up get no care. pay sucks. always short staffed and management does nothing about it. HR is friends with manager and won't help you. Staff and management talk behind your back. Stay away
Pros
Resident
Cons
Pay, short staffed
Learning Experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
This was a good first experience for entry level for any one who wants to get their feet wet in the health care facility caring for older individuals across a spectrum of issues.
Enjoyed my teammates
Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
While I did enjoy the hourly team I was working with, the management team was a different story. There is no leadership, no sense of direction, also no teamwork from theme.
Great place to work for young people that are also attending school.
Server/Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Hatboro, PAMay 24, 2017
Over my years at WEL I have learned a lot about costumer service and the challenges that ma come along with it. This job is great for young individuals that are also trying to balance school alongside a job. They pay is competitive with similar jobs. They community of workers is very close and makes the job even more enjoyable. Management can sometimes have trouble communicating with the workers, but they mean well. Overall and excellent job that teaches one how to work with even the most difficult of people.
Pros
Very flexible scheduling; great for students that must balance school and work
Cons
Limited hours
Wesley Enhanced Living buildings falling apart
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 18, 2017
Not the most pleasant environment to work in on a daily basis, the company is putting bandaids on a major damages to an older building. Been at the Media location for about a year, the resident population is decreasing in this community. Also, WEL Media community still has only 1 star from CMS and not helping with our bottom line. As an employee, if no residents then they are sending staff members home. Not the most pleasant workplace.
Pros
The cafe lunches (not free, but good food)
Cons
Benefits, lack of work (due to decrease residents not moving in), corporate management, no advancement
Not a company if your looking for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 12, 2017
I worked in several different departments within Wesley Enhanced Living at several locations for the good of the company, as directed by the VP of Sales and Marketing. Needless to say, no direction within the department. Transfer into the Administration side and much happier, but currently looking for a more focus, culture leadership and a better non-profit company who's puts their residents they service first, with the employees a close second. No confidence in the CEO or Wesley Enhanced Living.
Pros
Fellow team members
Cons
Corporate management, work/life balance, pay, the building need remodeling
team work as far as coworkers is amazing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2017
if I had a choice to go back to Wesley I probably wouldn't. the management worries about all the wrong things and is not fare at all. the food there is really good.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management sucks
Feel sorry for the residents...
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 13, 2017
Management non existent in personal care, cannot retain employees, dirty- poor housekeeping , food is poor quality And residents pay a high fee to live here. Understaffed ALWAYS..
Pros
Some nice coworkers who are hard working
Great management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Everyone willing to teach you all the skills in order to perform your job. Management is very willing to work with you and able to balance your personal life and work life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Enhanced Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8