Wesley Homes

Wesley Homes Employee Reviews

Great working environment, positive attitudes
Activities Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines WaJanuary 16, 2015
I have learned a lot of new things or increased my skills by working at Wesley Homes. I learned things like being able to be very patient, take things on if things come up, transitioning to different things during the day. The hardest thing I had to deal with there is out of control residents so I just needed to be professional when I dealt with situations with the residents. Wesley Homes was one of my favorite jobs by far. Everyone got along with each other that worked there. I looked forward to getting up every morning and going to work.
horrible training, new hires leave within 3-5 weeks
kitchen (Former Employee), auburnJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: training, stress, people walking out, no breaks
I worked there and received no training for my position, was "just a body" due to others in my department wanting to step down. Also saw a server quit, 2 dishwashers quit, 1 walked out, a supervisor walked out. The department leaders spin a " this is a great company" but its essentially a "see how long till we break you". The Only plus is the benefits & retirement plan BUT the drama isn't worth it. You will definitely stress out after about 3 weeks. I'd skip this company in your job search
Nice place
Waistaff III (Current Employee), Des Moines, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Good place to work at for high school students with non flexible schedules.
Excellent place to work!
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee), Des Moines, WADecember 28, 2014
Pros: loved working there.
Cons: unfortunately employee attitude that resulted in me being prematurely let go.
Was let go by someone who was eventually fired for the way they treated people. But in the scheme of everything, I really enjoyed my daily work, which include floor care and cleaning.

I learned to be self managed and maintain my own facility.

My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.

Hardest part of the job was not always have access to management because of the hours when needed during after hour times.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of taking care of my own facility and pride in keeping it looking clean, and the floor in top condition. Which made the company look good.
Great Retirement Community to Work For
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Des Moines, WASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours and friendly coworkers
Cons: health benefits
If you're looking to work in a full service retirement community, Wesley Homes is the place for you. Rewarding work, inviting environment, and friendly people.
Its a good place to work.
CNA (Former Employee), Des Moines, WASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: the facilty is clean and they had free lunches.
Cons: the lunch breaks were kinda short.
I would not mind to work there again. I would recommend them to my family and friends. The management treated their employees with respect.
The management and staff where pleasant to work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: the company provided free meals when working.
Cons: can't think of anything
What i have learned from working at wesley is that what ever title you hold, you were always treated with respect. Management took the time to inservice us and instill in our self that we were all important.
A very bright place to be
Activities Assistant/Intern (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: residents, staff
The residents there just makes you want to smile every single time. My experience there was a true success.
Kitchen supervisor
Culinary Service Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAJune 9, 2013
The kitchen dietary manager does not have himself well organized...
Very nice and easy people to work with
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAMay 2, 2013
Pros: lots of hours available for great cnas
Cons: on call, unstable hours and timing, no time for personal planning
Great place to work, very nice staff, always willing to accommodate my hours, I miss working with them, will always go back there, if possible
Use to be a great company
Former employee (Former Employee), Des Moines, WAMarch 24, 2012
Pros: the workers & residents
Cons: executive staff
Due to ineffective, arrogant executive staff, this once great company has become a shadow of its previous self. I am sad for the awesome families that live there. The line staff need to organize and unionize to gain any level of job security. Any company that ignores the wisdom of it's Human Resources department deserves for the union to step in.

About Wesley Homes

Since 1944, Wesley Homes has provided housing and related services to older adults in the Puget Sound region. Methodist Reverend – Read more