Wesley Homes Employee Reviews

Wesley Homes is good to get a year or two of experience but nothing more.
Cook 2/3 (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WAMarch 2, 2017
A large amount of management and HR problems keep Wesley homes from being a worth while employer. If you need job experience it is a good place to get it but if you want a career to you might want to work else where. The pay is also not competitive to similar jobs in the area, leading to a high turnover rate that puts extra stress on remaining workers.
Pros
Breaks are mandatory and enforced by supervisors, convenient location, easy to get in
Cons
Bad management, HR is poor, and no overtime
A great place!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAFebruary 1, 2017
This was a great place for me to start my career. My responsibilities increased and I was offered the chance to do varied kinds of work.

I had wonderful co-workers there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Seattle traffic
Hostile work environment, employees are rude and unprofessional. Hired unqualified people. To get ahead you have to know someone or be related to uppe
Administration (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WASeptember 26, 2016
Stressful work environment and staff is rude and unprofessional. Hiring unqualified people. Getting promoted based on who you know or who you are related too. Management does not care about staff.Looking for another job. Morale is low. Do yourself a favor and look somewhere else to work.
Pros
Residents and relationships with their families.The overall mission
Cons
Hostile work environment. Not open to new ideas. Unfriendly backstabbing staff
wonderful place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJuly 5, 2016
loved working here! great atmosphere for young teens to start there journey in the working force. had a lot of great time there the coworkers were all very nice! management was swell very helpful.
Pros
free food
Cons
It's an alright place to work.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJune 22, 2016
Most of the employees don't seem to care. It's rare to find a CNA with a passion for helping and not just in it for the money and thinking it'll be an easy job. It's not easy. Most of the time we are understaffed but with the new CEO guy, it's not surprising anymore. He's trying to change Wesley Homes too much and it's causing our employees to leave. He doesn't understand what we need and won't listen to us. I do love my residents though. I went from serving food to them to assisting them with their daily lives! A lot of them depend on me and it's a great feeling so wanted and needed by my residents because I want to give them the help they need. I want them to feel comfortable and live a great rest of their lives.
Pros
I have been working here for years so I know my residents.
Cons
Not many of the employees speak good english. Most of the CNA's just dont care.
New opportunities.
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAOctober 17, 2015
Easy shifts, simple tasks, making sure people are satisfied with their food and services.. Management isn't all that well, could improve MAJORLY with attitude and professionalism.Lovely co-workers, we we're like a family...Hardest parts, scared you didn't do enough... Enjoyed making people smile, knowing that people fed off great vibes
An environment for not only work but a pot of knowledge and learning. Productive and constructive.
CNA- caregiver (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WAOctober 8, 2015
Wesley Homes is not a work place but a place to build family, learning, respect, equality and where team operate in equal level platform. i have been with Wesley Homes for four years and i have never looked back and face any regrets. i have worked with different co workers who are exceptionally generous and respectful. The clients are extraordinarily amazing and fun working with them. The clients and workers relationship is very cordial and always productive.. Wesley is an grade A facility in Washington based on states survey records. I feel blessing finding myself part of the ready to work group of employees and employers. This is the facility that celebrate cultural heritage every year in a grand style. Employees and residents are always appreciated by organizing ice cream social and summer BBQ to recognize the hard work.
Pros
perfections are awarded with gift cards and parking space
A relaxing place to be at sometimes
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WAFebruary 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part for me is talking to the resdidents and asking them how their day is and when they tell me stories about what happed in their life and just laughing and interacting with them.
A typical day at work is taking drink odors and their dinner plates etc
And running everywhere to make sure they okay.
My Co-Workers are okay we all have our days and they are okay I like them.
Management is great team I think!
I have Learned a lot of things about this job and also about myself but what I have learned is working with elderly people is hard work but you learn a lot from interacting with them its a wonderful feeling and a great experience.
The hardest thing about this job is working with the residents.
Pros
Retuierment plan, benfit package
Cons
short breaks, need more hours, unifoirms
Great working environment, positive attitudes
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines WaJanuary 16, 2015
I have learned a lot of new things or increased my skills by working at Wesley Homes. I learned things like being able to be very patient, take things on if things come up, transitioning to different things during the day. The hardest thing I had to deal with there is out of control residents so I just needed to be professional when I dealt with situations with the residents. Wesley Homes was one of my favorite jobs by far. Everyone got along with each other that worked there. I looked forward to getting up every morning and going to work.
horrible training, new hires leave within 3-5 weeks
kitchen (Former Employee) –  auburnJanuary 16, 2015
I worked there and received no training for my position, was "just a body" due to others in my department wanting to step down. Also saw a server quit, 2 dishwashers quit, 1 walked out, a supervisor walked out. The department leaders spin a " this is a great company" but its essentially a "see how long till we break you". The Only plus is the benefits & retirement plan BUT the drama isn't worth it. You will definitely stress out after about 3 weeks. I'd skip this company in your job search
benefits
Cons
training, stress, people walking out, no breaks
Nice place
Waistaff III (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Good place to work at for high school students with non flexible schedules.
Excellent place to work!
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WADecember 28, 2014
Was let go by someone who was eventually fired for the way they treated people. But in the scheme of everything, I really enjoyed my daily work, which include floor care and cleaning.

I learned to be self managed and maintain my own facility.

My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.

Hardest part of the job was not always have access to management because of the hours when needed during after hour times.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of taking care of my own facility and pride in keeping it looking clean, and the floor in top condition. Which made the company look good.
Pros
Loved working there.
Cons
Unfortunately employee attitude that resulted in me being prematurely let go.
Great Retirement Community to Work For
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, WASeptember 19, 2013
If you're looking to work in a full service retirement community, Wesley Homes is the place for you. Rewarding work, inviting environment, and friendly people.
Pros
Flexible working hours and friendly coworkers
Cons
Health Benefits
Its a good place to work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WASeptember 10, 2013
I would not mind to work there again. I would recommend them to my family and friends. The management treated their employees with respect.
Pros
The facilty is clean and they had free lunches.
Cons
The lunch breaks were kinda short.
The management and staff where pleasant to work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAAugust 15, 2013
What i have learned from working at wesley is that what ever title you hold, you were always treated with respect. Management took the time to inservice us and instill in our self that we were all important.
Pros
The company provided free meals when working.
Cons
Can't think of anything
A very bright place to be
Activities Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJuly 22, 2013
The residents there just makes you want to smile every single time. My experience there was a true success.
Pros
Residents, Staff
Kitchen supervisor
Culinary Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJune 9, 2013
The kitchen dietary manager does not have himself well organized...
Very nice and easy people to work with
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAMay 2, 2013
Great place to work, very nice staff, always willing to accommodate my hours, I miss working with them, will always go back there, if possible
Pros
Lots of Hours available for great CNAs
Cons
On Call, unstable hours and timing, no time for personal planning
Use to be a great company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAMarch 24, 2012
Due to ineffective, arrogant executive staff, this once great company has become a shadow of its previous self. I am sad for the awesome families that live there. The line staff need to organize and unionize to gain any level of job security. Any company that ignores the wisdom of it's Human Resources department deserves for the union to step in.
Pros
the workers & residents
Cons
executive staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Wesley Homes Reviews by Location