WESLEY Medical Center

WESLEY Medical Center Employee Reviews

Always new changes/challenges to help you grow
Physician Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  550 N Hillside, Wichita, KSDecember 29, 2015
Assist physicians with medical records and dictated reports. Answer phones and work with ancillary departments. Orientate new resident physicians to Dictaphone system, medical records completion guidelines and walk-ins. At this company I changed positions over the years from Med Tech, to Discharge Analyst, to Lead Analyst, to Physician Medical Record Assistant. I've worked under several directors and they have all been helpful and encouraged me to learn and grow. The most enjoyable part of my job was working one on one with the resident physicians showing them and the ropes and answering questions they may have. The hardest part of the job was not be available in the evenings and weekends to help the physicians that only work evenings and weekends.
Pros
Oppurtunity to learn and grow
Cons
Not available on weekends to provide assistance to PRN physicians
one of my favorite jobs
Page Operator/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2015
I answered the main phone line for the hospital and paged different medical staff or other medical staff. I was also responsible for paging out trauma as they came into the emergency room
Pros
Great atmosphere
I was a surgical tech for 10 years. Wesley is a great company to work for.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 7, 2015
I am no longer interested in working in surgery.
I did neurosurgery, orthopedics, Spinal surgeries.
Loved working as a scrub. Now I am 10 years older and do not want to take call or scrub on cases for long periods of time.
Pros
got to do many different type of surgeries.
Cons
taking call and standing in one place for 3 hours at a time
A day at wesley
ER Tech (Current Employee) –  hattiesburg , msOctober 4, 2015
it was one of those days you feel that you need to change up gears making sure everything and everybody were doing there job like they supposed to do and getting rewarded for it. So, by that I wanted to show my gratitude and hard work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not able to do what the nurses do!
CNO does not go thru the right process of dealing with employees.
UNIT ASSIST (Former Employee) –  Wichita KSSeptember 24, 2015
Good place to work for. Not good management. I worked at Galichia heart hospital soon to be Wesley Woodlawn hospital and er.
Special procedures is not a good department to work for
RN, Special Procedures (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 25, 2015
Absolutely awful job, especially the Special Procedure department in Wichita Kansas. Very small department, run by the most self absorbed/hateful nurses I have ever ran into in my 20 year career...STAY CLEAR
A great place to work!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2015
I loved working at Wesley! I learned a ton here and will always have fond memories. This is a top notch hospital with wonderful managers and great employees!
Very Busy, Excellent Place and core values
CNA (Current Employee) –  WICHITA, KSJuly 18, 2015
I am an CNA on the Stoke/ hospitalist unit. I really do love my job here. I love and hate how intense it is here. The management always adheres to the core values and we are always trying to make our patient satisfaction better. We live by " Every patient Every time" and it shows. This company makes very strong employees and is a great leaning experience. Personally for me, it was just hard to adapt from woking prn 4 hour shifts to 3, 12 or more hour days, but that's what choice I made for my family. I had a lot of support adapting from my coworkers and managers. They also help support breast pumping while working as well.
Pros
I feel like it's the best company to work with
Cons
Getting used to the demand
Patient Care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Main campus at 550 N. HIllside, Wichita KSJuly 9, 2015
Overall patient care and environment was amazing and the most enjoyable part of the job. Love working with the patients and the families watching them get better or caring for them at the end of their life with dignity. The hardest part of the job was the short staff and the work load. taking 3-4 patients in an ICU is too much. I learned so many things about life, living, dying, and how to care for everyone.
Great co-workers
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 1, 2015
I had a great learning, teaching and a respectful staff who did all they could to make it easy for you to do your job. I enjoyed going to work and hard all the support to have excellent patient care.
Pros
work
Cons
no cons
Ok to work for.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 22, 2015
It is an older hospital that is privately funded so it is not as new and nice as some of the other hospitals in the area. There is always a scandal or some drama happening.
Good student job, look elsewhere for career.
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work was your typical hospital work environment. You never feel like you have enough staff to adequately take care of patients. Retaining good workers was difficult because our competition paid much better (actually most jobs paid better). If you weren't trying to get job experience for school there was little reason for you to take a job with Wesley.

This wouldn't have been bad on it's own, but after several years with the company it became clear that they had no intention of developing their in house talent or investing in their work force.

Years of eroding benefit packages and stagnant wages insured that the most qualified workers or those with a second option abandoned ship.

If you only used the job to get through school and establish work experience it was a great way to get your foot in the door, but benefits that insured talented students stayed with the company (tuition reimbursement) have either been cut greatly or abolished entirely.

The management knew their workers weren't happy and tried many different solutions. Having more meetings with senior management, going around with a coffee and donut cart, etc. The problem is we weren't stupid, we didn't want coffee and donuts, we can't pay bills with those. Any management solution that did not include either better benefits or better pay was not going to satisfy us.
Pros
The feeling you got helping people in need.
Cons
Literally everything else.
I love the people I work with.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2015
It can be very busy. We work together as a team. I have the best assistant manager in the hospital. A typical day at work is not typical. We just got a new CEO. My co-workers are great. Most of the people that I see from other departments are excellent to work with. I feel like they are extended family. The hardest part of the job is when a complication occurs with a patient. And the rare patient that is difficult to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people get better. Seeing the interventions work! And, of course, the people I work with on a daily basis. Most of the doctors that I work with are great.
Pros
Caring group of people to work with.
Cons
It's healthcare. You get busy.
Fun
Billing Insurance Auditor/ER Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 25, 2015
A typical day was not knowing what was coming through the door next in ER. I love learning all aspects of the ER as well as Billing and Coding ER and Inpatient charts. My co workers were the best. The hardest part of my job was seeing bad things happen to people.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Not getting enough experience in Coding
interesting at all times
Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg MsApril 7, 2015
At Wesley you will become a strong nurse. There will never be a dull moment. And the nurses are great to work with. Most of the doctors are great to work with with and alot the nurses have been there for years.
Medical field experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 2, 2015
Overall I have enjoyed over 3 years working for Wesley Medical Center as a float pool nurse assistant. I've learned so much in different areas of the hospital floating and working with highly skilled professionals. The hardest part of my job has been to work while the hospital has been under staffed, you learn to adjust and make it work while continuing to give the best patient care.
Pros
working with highly skilled nursing staff
Cons
float pool no benefits
Loving and exciting work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk/ ER (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 2, 2015
I absolute love the company. The staff was polite, caring, and knowledgeable. Very friendly environment to work for. Would recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
great staff
Cons
n/a
I love everything about this place and the people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 13, 2015
This place has great benefits and they really take care of their employees. They provide the best care possible to all patients and staff.
A Wonderful Learning Experience for a New Grad in L&D
Staff Nurse - Level III Perinatal Unit (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 5, 2015
I learned so much about L&D in this setting which is also a teaching hospital of University of Kansas - School of Medicine. It is the best fun L&D unit I have ever worked. It's like a smooth running machine.
Co-workers always had your back.
Pros
co-workers
great enverment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 29, 2015
l loved it their the staff was very helpful and would recommend people
Pros
great service