Wesley Medical Center

Wesley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Nurses and Dr.s VERY dedicated
Staff Nurse and Clinical Advisor, PICU (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2016
GBood place to work.. Advancement available, Management very support. Look at errors as breakdown in process. Non punitive nuersing
Fun and exciting place to work with opportunities for advancement
Executive Internship (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 21, 2016
Prepared presentations and listened to productivity meetings.
Learned how to conduct an analysis of OR supply chain.
Prepared financial statements for presentation to CEO and senior management team.
Racist
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 28, 2016
This is a very racial environment dependeding on who you come in contact with. If you file a complaint within the front office it will not make it through the front door.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Racial environment
You will gain experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 27, 2016
The unit I worked on was just not a good fit for me. I did learn a lot and I definitely improved my basic skills. You will stay busy!!! Hardly ever had a light day
Pros
stay busy
Cons
wordload is a bit much
Needs Improvement
Surgical tech (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 5, 2017
Too many chiefs not enough Indians, mangement only care about getting their bonus by working employers understaff. Does not listen to employees concerns.
excellent
Government Programs, Public Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving texasDecember 29, 2016
This company is very caring for patients and employees meets all their needs, very happy to work here, except I am with a contracted party, unable to move up in my position.
Excellent place to work
Surgical Inst. Tech (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 2, 2016
Excellent place to work. I enjoyed the work place team work and the work load. I lived 80 miles away and the drive was just too much.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours expected
Has a new childrens hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 24, 2016
Fun place to work. Patient oriented. Has a transition to nursing progam for new nurses. TJC accredited. Stroke certification. Births more babies per year than any other hospital in Kansas.
great quality hospital
Office Nurse/Primary care (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2017
great quality hospital care about patients and families, Very much a good working atmosphere. They make you put 20 things.
enjoyed it all
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 29, 2016
Coworkers were amazing hours were great the whole environment was amazing wish I could of worked more their but I moved away I really would say I would work here again
Ugh.
RN (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 11, 2014
Typical day at work:was borderline slave labor. At one point during my tenure, we were mandated to work an extra shift. As a new graduate RN, with a BSN started making less than $20.00/hour. We went through 3-4 managers in the 3 years that I worked in intensive care. In the ICU I would have 3 VERY sick patients. It was NEVER a 2:1 ratio and it was always unsafe for RN's licenses as well as the patients we were caring for. Don't let them fool you. When you get hired on, they will tell you its a 2:1 ratio...and they will tell that to the SUITS when they come to rate our hospital...but it isn't. Don't be conned. Management is all about who you know and who you are friends with. Friends hire their friends as ANM's or they hire ANM's who they think they can manipulate and use as a tool. This company is all about politics. So if you plan on working here, get ready to be a robot and do not break any rules. I knew several RN's get fired for minor infractions.
Pros
Lots of food/desserts from patients.
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE.
Great people, typical hospital
Health Information Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 8, 2016
As far as I can remember this was your basic hospital. I worked weekends, part time and as needed. So my experience is quite limited. But from what I remember, the people there were great working with and under. The management was always very friendly and cooperative. Willing to work around schedules and different things like that.
Pros
Great, friendly people, breaks and eat when you wanted
Cons
Stuffy work environment, typical hospital
Hospital
Team Leader Billing (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 16, 2016
I enjoy my job at Wesley. My co-workers are my friends. I worked as a Team Leader in Registration and I transferred to Administration due to hours and finding a job in my field.
Okay job
Pharmacy Technician Specialist CPhT (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 11, 2013
Unrealistic views of workload, pay and absenteeism. Often cover multiple positions throughout the day. Coworkers are wonderful, most are skilled in the profession, but quickly leaving. Turnover rate is very rapid.
Working long hours (often have to stay late) and multiple positions can drain you. However, you become closer with your fellow staff as they are all you have to lean on.
Pros
Great retail benefits
Cons
Working every other weekend, and they only allow you to take 1 weekend off a year.
Awesome place
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at Wesley medical center which is part of Hospital Corporations of America (HCA). The benefits and leadership were superb.
Pros
benefits, leaderhip
Cons
Nothing really
nice place to work
reservations and registrar (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2014
loved the reservations job. answer the phone, take reservations from the doctors, log patient data into computer, copy file, file one copy and send one copy to department patient would be going to.
hardest part of job was understanding some doctors with accents, and they speek really fast.
most enjoyable: knowing what i needed to do and being left alone to do it. loved the data entry.
Pros
good retirement benefits
Cons
no over time, raises not based on indivdual proformance
Demanding position with little advancement
Registration (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg MSAugust 5, 2012
A great facility to work in, clean, friendly environment. Staff from the doctors to maintenance were always pleasant. Position could get stressful at times usually when manager neglected to have the shifts covered and you worked into the next shift. Transporting patients could be difficult, however the facility is basically a good place to work.
Pros
free membership to the wellness center
Cons
short or no breaks, no advancement or salary increases
Very Busy, Excellent Place and core values
CNA (Current Employee) –  WICHITA, KSJuly 18, 2015
I am an CNA on the Stoke/ hospitalist unit. I really do love my job here. I love and hate how intense it is here. The management always adheres to the core values and we are always trying to make our patient satisfaction better. We live by " Every patient Every time" and it shows. This company makes very strong employees and is a great leaning experience. Personally for me, it was just hard to adapt from woking prn 4 hour shifts to 3, 12 or more hour days, but that's what choice I made for my family. I had a lot of support adapting from my coworkers and managers. They also help support breast pumping while working as well.
Pros
I feel like it's the best company to work with
Cons
Getting used to the demand
Always new changes/challenges to help you grow
Physician Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  550 N Hillside, Wichita, KSDecember 29, 2015
Assist physicians with medical records and dictated reports. Answer phones and work with ancillary departments. Orientate new resident physicians to Dictaphone system, medical records completion guidelines and walk-ins. At this company I changed positions over the years from Med Tech, to Discharge Analyst, to Lead Analyst, to Physician Medical Record Assistant. I've worked under several directors and they have all been helpful and encouraged me to learn and grow. The most enjoyable part of my job was working one on one with the resident physicians showing them and the ropes and answering questions they may have. The hardest part of the job was not be available in the evenings and weekends to help the physicians that only work evenings and weekends.
Pros
Oppurtunity to learn and grow
Cons
Not available on weekends to provide assistance to PRN physicians
Good student job, look elsewhere for career.
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work was your typical hospital work environment. You never feel like you have enough staff to adequately take care of patients. Retaining good workers was difficult because our competition paid much better (actually most jobs paid better). If you weren't trying to get job experience for school there was little reason for you to take a job with Wesley.

This wouldn't have been bad on it's own, but after several years with the company it became clear that they had no intention of developing their in house talent or investing in their work force.

Years of eroding benefit packages and stagnant wages insured that the most qualified workers or those with a second option abandoned ship.

If you only used the job to get through school and establish work experience it was a great way to get your foot in the door, but benefits that insured talented students stayed with the company (tuition reimbursement) have either been cut greatly or abolished entirely.

The management knew their workers weren't happy and tried many different solutions. Having more meetings with senior management, going around with a coffee and donut cart, etc. The problem is we weren't stupid, we didn't want coffee and donuts, we can't pay bills with those. Any management solution that did not include either better benefits or better pay was not going to satisfy us.
Pros
The feeling you got helping people in need.
Cons
Literally everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Wesley Medical Center Reviews by Location