WESLEY Medical Center

WESLEY Medical Center Employer Reviews

UGH.
RN (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 11, 2014
Pros: lots of food/desserts from patients.
Cons: everything else.
Typical day at work:was borderline slave labor. At one point during my tenure, we were mandated to work an extra shift. As a new graduate RN, with a BSN started making less than $20.00/hour. We went through 3-4 managers in the 3 years that I worked in intensive care. In the ICU I would have 3 VERY sick patients. It was NEVER a 2:1 ratio and it was always unsafe for RN's licenses as well as the patients we were caring for. Don't let them fool you. When you get hired on, they will tell you its a 2:1 ratio...and they will tell that to the SUITS when they come to rate our hospital...but it isn't. Don't be conned. Management is all about who you know and who you are friends with. Friends hire their friends as ANM's or they hire ANM's who they think they can manipulate and use as a tool. This company is all about politics. So if you plan on working here, get ready to be a robot and do not break any rules. I knew several RN's get fired for minor infractions.
Good people providing great care
Audiologist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good people: employees, and customers.
Cons: healthcare can be stresful
There are so many positive things happening with Wesley Medical Center. The hospital is changing, and growing, and re-inventing itself daily. The very best thing about working at Wesley has been serving alongside of the wonderful people that provide services to our customers. Every department that I have come in contact with has introduced me to people that are simply incredible. The people that we have the pleasure of serving make each day a good reason to come to work.
Busy
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 2, 2014
Pros: learning about the medical field
Cons: short lunches
I am on the telephone all the time scheduling appointments. If I'm not scheduling I am calling for authorizations for x-ray exams or treatment. My co-workers are wonderful. Everyone goes about and beyond the call of duty. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to do more than I already am. The most enjoyable is seeing patients find the courage they thought they never had.
no advancement or opportunity
RN (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSOctober 27, 2014
unorganized, pay on low end of scale, needs better management
nice place to work
reservations and registrar (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good retirement benefits
Cons: no over time, raises not based on indivdual proformance
loved the reservations job. answer the phone, take reservations from the doctors, log patient data into computer, copy file, file one copy and send one copy to department patient would be going to.
hardest part of job was understanding some doctors with accents, and they speek really fast.
most enjoyable: knowing what i needed to do and being left alone to do it. loved the data entry.
Great environment to work at. Great people and management.
C.N.A. (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: the sadness we all felt when we would loose a patient.
I learned a great deal at Wesley Medical Center. I give them most of the credit with the knowledge that I have at being the best care giver I can be. My manager was always there to answer any questions I may have had. My co-workers and I made a great team, and they were always supportive. The hardest part of my job was leaving it. It was such a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed my job and the people i was surrounded by. Helping others, and helping them feel at home while they stayed in the hospital was something I tried to do. My patients were very important to me and I made sure I did my job the best way I could to help them and their families.
Love the work, corporate ran
Manager of Pediatric Service Line (Current Employee), Wichita, KsJuly 15, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: little support, corporate driven, backstabbing
Hospital has great people, midwest hospitality, great teamwork. Very goverened by Corporate and little loyalty to city, and employees. Great service lines trauma, pediatrics, women's childrens, ICU's. Specialists. Need more buy in to making it great.
Enjoyable place to work
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 19, 2014
Pros: mon - fri, no weekends
Cons: dealing with irate customers
A typical day at Wesley Health Information Management Department is action packed and never a dull moment. I learned that to work well with others it is often better to talk less and listen more. I loved and respected our management team. The hardest part of the job was probably the box lifting and the most enjoyable part was the day to day contact with docs, patients and hospital personnel.
nice place and hours
Assist nurses (Former Employee), Wichita,KSJune 4, 2014
had great hours and office staff was always nice and flexible in what hours I could work as a PRN.
A great, busy place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 2, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime opportunities, helpful co-workers, great pay
Cons: very busy, sometimes understaffed
I worked here as an RN for a little less than a year on the Telemetry/Cardiac floor and loved it! It was a very busy floor, with an average nurse:patient ratio of 1:6. My co-workers were all very nice and extremely helpful in each situation I found myself in. They were all willing to stop what they were doing to help their fellow co-workers in any way possible. I worked fulltime; however, I would get called every night I was off to come in to work... AKA, there is plenty of opportunity for overtime. This floor is always needing help. There are 30 beds on this unit, and they stayed full 90% of the time. If I was able to return to Hattiesburg to work here again, I definitely would do so!
Excessive work hours and insufficient compensation
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 28, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: excessive work hours and insufficient compensation
Segmented accounting responsibilities instead of full-cycle accounting

Co-workers work great as a team; enjoyable group of people

Excessive work hours and insufficient compensation resulting in burn-out and high department turnover
Atmosphere was positive enjoyed patients most
Phlebotomist 2 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 20, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the patients
Cons: alot of extra walking through the whole hospital
Health insurance could have been better since you took risks working in the Specimen center.
A stable place of employment.
Radiology Transcription Manager (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: not much room for advancement.
I have always worked in the medical field, and have enjoyed this environment the most
Nice place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSApril 2, 2014
Pros: nice enviroment
Cons: little to no advancement without costly classes
Nice place to work for the area. Managment listened and tried to help with any issues. Great patients.
Relaxed environment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: workload varied, not much to do
It was an ok place to volunteer, the basic responsibilities are to push patients in wheelchairs across the hospital so it was pretty easy
Great Job!
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 7, 2014
I love working for Wesley Medical Center and being able to make a difference in the patient's experience no matter the time spent with them.
perfect place to learn.
Interpreter Volunteer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2014
A typical work day consisted of shadowing physicians, listening to their diagnosis and translating the diagnosis to the Spanish speaking patient.
work with fun
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2014
here I had good time with work and also joy and enjoyment.
especially support from my superiors made me to achieve something in that workplace.
FUN TEAMWORK
REHAB TECH (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: meeting different patients
Cons: new director
ENERGETIC AND FUN WAS A GREAT JOB TILL NEW DIRECTOR CAME ABOARD.
Great Supervisor/Employee relationships with communicaiton
RN PACU (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSDecember 25, 2013
Pros: schedule flexibility
Close knit employee base with open communication among employees and supervisors

1 2 3

About WESLEY Medical Center

Welcome to one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands – Read more