Wesley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse, Medical Telemetry (Current Employee) –  TowersNovember 15, 2017
Excellent clinical care. Management cares about employees and patients and does the best they can to provide excellent service and meet needs of employees.
Very busy and diverse, which is good
Patient Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2017
Patient care is a constant, which is good, so there's not much down time. The days go quickly and there's never two days alike. Every day is diverse and challenging.
Work Environment
OR Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2017
The work environment was very stressful and most employees seemed really unhappy most days. Which was difficult for me to adjust to because I am a very bubbly person who smiles all the time. However, the work experience and skills gained have been beneficial to my career.
Great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSOctober 21, 2017
Great place to work very busy and always something to do. Everyone is there to help you and it makes going to work enjoyable. I have learned many things in my short time here
Wesley
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 9, 2017
Wesley is a great place to work, they have many opportunities for career advancement and also many different job titles to transfer into various positions
Can feel like your working with family
ER Emergency Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 4, 2017
Management changed and they changed completely from when they themselves were in a lower position and did not have the same caring and understanding attitude.
it had an enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 30, 2017
i enjoy working at Wesley. the working atmosphere as great no complaints. work 8 hrs. a day sometime more learn how to interact with the public multi-task i love going to work everyday
Pros
vacation and breaks
Cons
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2017
i really enjoyed my time at Wesley but after 26 yrs i had the opportunity to owning my own business so i went for it and it has been a experience i will not forget
Special Care Tech
Special Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 20, 2017
If you love working with public, you may love this job. The hardest about this job is the long hours and the physical demand. Caring for patients may be the best enjoyable part of this job.
not a good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 4, 2017
they dont go by the book and they do what they want and have favorite so its wasn't fair to other employer and when you come in early they still want you to do everything possible to do but when they need to help they will be hiding to where you cant find them
Loved my job, helping people who are ill.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2017
Most everything was excellent, co-workers helpful and easy to get along with. We had enough technicians to be able to ensure we filled prescriptions correctly.
Patient Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 21, 2017
Great place to work. Learn lots of things. Very diverse. Management is great. Learn something new everyday . Management really cares what you think. Company takes you in consideration.
I loved and enjoyed my job at Wesley Medical Center
Surgery RN Circulator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 12, 2017
I worked in Surgery there were no typical days. I worked call, days, nights weekends and holidays. I always worked over if they needed me. I took call for others who could not take their call. Overall I worked very hard at Wesley and loved my job.
Very Stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2017
unprofessional with no supplies. managers were drunk and on drugs on the job. I had a ring stolen a lot of back stabbing and butt kissing I do good work and didn't deserve mistreatment
Cons
Love the senior leadership but work is exhausting and stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67204July 27, 2017
This is a great place to work for the new grad nurse. You learn a LOT in a short amount of time. In fact, you will never stop learning there because there is always something new. However, the unit I work on is extremely busy, fast-paced, stressful, and physically and mentally exhausting. The company does its part to show appreciation and the senior leaders are visible and very personable. However, because of the stress, this is just not a job I could do forever.
Pros
Lots of learning/growth opportunity, quality leadership
Cons
Focus on "customer service" instead of quality care, pay is not competitive, work is exhausing
great place to work for a woman
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 13, 2017
The day started the same with friends gathering and talking and catching up on things. we would take calls and file insurance claims and guest complaints and concerns and help any way we could. i learned a lot about insurance and what has to be done for things to get paid right. the management was a great woman and very professional and it was definitely a strong knit group that looked out for each other. the hardest part of the job was the medicare and medicaid compliancy codes and refiling to meet standards.the best part would be the bonds that were created in such an unusual way.
Pros
set hours and decent pay
Cons
great place for a woman and i was a man.
Great place to work for and good benefits
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 11, 2017
Answer phones and schedule appointments. Prepare charts for new patients, make sure all charts are pulled for the day. Assist doctors with procedures, room patients, and take vital signs. I learned a lot by assisting the resident doctors about procedures being performed. The hardest part of the job would be when you have a full schedule and can't keep up with phone calls. Loved the people I worked with, they were all very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can't think of any
productive, fun working in the hospital
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 7, 2017
Great place to work. Fun and friendly, fast pace work environment.
Hands on very busy. Its like have a really big family working there. the best part was the friend ships you make with co-workers and patients.
my best job so far
EKG Technician clerical worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2017
I loved working at Wesley. I did a variety of jobs and hours over my 25 years there. I wish I could have retired, but it wasn't to be.
I still sing Wesley's praises and wouldn't go anywhere else.
Pros
They made you feel like part of the "family"
Cons
Once again I felt like management could have at that time taken more time with people.
Short staffed
Title LPN/RN (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 18, 2017
RNs are expected to take on the work load of all other employees however, when these nurses are behind there is no extra staff to help them. Acuity of patients is too high for nurse to patient ratio on the cardia floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Wesley Medical Center Reviews by Location