Wesley Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

A Wonderful Learning Experience for a New Grad in L&D
Staff Nurse - Level III Perinatal Unit (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 5, 2015
I learned so much about L&D in this setting which is also a teaching hospital of University of Kansas - School of Medicine. It is the best fun L&D unit I have ever worked. It's like a smooth running machine.
Co-workers always had your back.
Pros
co-workers
great enverment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 29, 2015
l loved it their the staff was very helpful and would recommend people
Pros
great service
Ugh.
RN (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 11, 2014
Typical day at work:was borderline slave labor. At one point during my tenure, we were mandated to work an extra shift. As a new graduate RN, with a BSN started making less than $20.00/hour. We went through 3-4 managers in the 3 years that I worked in intensive care. In the ICU I would have 3 VERY sick patients. It was NEVER a 2:1 ratio and it was always unsafe for RN's licenses as well as the patients we were caring for. Don't let them fool you. When you get hired on, they will tell you its a 2:1 ratio...and they will tell that to the SUITS when they come to rate our hospital...but it isn't. Don't be conned. Management is all about who you know and who you are friends with. Friends hire their friends as ANM's or they hire ANM's who they think they can manipulate and use as a tool. This company is all about politics. So if you plan on working here, get ready to be a robot and do not break any rules. I knew several RN's get fired for minor infractions.
Pros
lots of food/desserts from patients.
Cons
everything else.
Good people providing great care
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
There are so many positive things happening with Wesley Medical Center. The hospital is changing, and growing, and re-inventing itself daily. The very best thing about working at Wesley has been serving alongside of the wonderful people that provide services to our customers. Every department that I have come in contact with has introduced me to people that are simply incredible. The people that we have the pleasure of serving make each day a good reason to come to work.
Pros
good people: employees, and customers.
Cons
healthcare can be stresful
Busy
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 2, 2014
I am on the telephone all the time scheduling appointments. If I'm not scheduling I am calling for authorizations for x-ray exams or treatment. My co-workers are wonderful. Everyone goes about and beyond the call of duty. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to do more than I already am. The most enjoyable is seeing patients find the courage they thought they never had.
Pros
learning about the medical field
Cons
short lunches
no advancement or opportunity
RN (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 27, 2014
unorganized, pay on low end of scale, needs better management
nice place to work
reservations and registrar (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2014
loved the reservations job. answer the phone, take reservations from the doctors, log patient data into computer, copy file, file one copy and send one copy to department patient would be going to.
hardest part of job was understanding some doctors with accents, and they speek really fast.
most enjoyable: knowing what i needed to do and being left alone to do it. loved the data entry.
Pros
good retirement benefits
Cons
no over time, raises not based on indivdual proformance
Great environment to work at. Great people and management.
C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 26, 2014
I learned a great deal at Wesley Medical Center. I give them most of the credit with the knowledge that I have at being the best care giver I can be. My manager was always there to answer any questions I may have had. My co-workers and I made a great team, and they were always supportive. The hardest part of my job was leaving it. It was such a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed my job and the people i was surrounded by. Helping others, and helping them feel at home while they stayed in the hospital was something I tried to do. My patients were very important to me and I made sure I did my job the best way I could to help them and their families.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
the sadness we all felt when we would loose a patient.
Love the work, corporate ran
Manager of Pediatric Service Line (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KsJuly 15, 2014
Hospital has great people, midwest hospitality, great teamwork. Very goverened by Corporate and little loyalty to city, and employees. Great service lines trauma, pediatrics, women's childrens, ICU's. Specialists. Need more buy in to making it great.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
little support, corporate driven, backstabbing
Enjoyable place to work
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 19, 2014
A typical day at Wesley Health Information Management Department is action packed and never a dull moment. I learned that to work well with others it is often better to talk less and listen more. I loved and respected our management team. The hardest part of the job was probably the box lifting and the most enjoyable part was the day to day contact with docs, patients and hospital personnel.
Pros
mon - fri, no weekends
Cons
dealing with irate customers
nice place and hours
Assist nurses (Former Employee) –  Wichita,KSJune 4, 2014
had great hours and office staff was always nice and flexible in what hours I could work as a PRN.
A great, busy place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 2, 2014
I worked here as an RN for a little less than a year on the Telemetry/Cardiac floor and loved it! It was a very busy floor, with an average nurse:patient ratio of 1:6. My co-workers were all very nice and extremely helpful in each situation I found myself in. They were all willing to stop what they were doing to help their fellow co-workers in any way possible. I worked fulltime; however, I would get called every night I was off to come in to work... AKA, there is plenty of opportunity for overtime. This floor is always needing help. There are 30 beds on this unit, and they stayed full 90% of the time. If I was able to return to Hattiesburg to work here again, I definitely would do so!
Pros
plenty of overtime opportunities, helpful co-workers, great pay
Cons
very busy, sometimes understaffed
Excessive work hours and insufficient compensation
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 28, 2014
Segmented accounting responsibilities instead of full-cycle accounting

Co-workers work great as a team; enjoyable group of people

Excessive work hours and insufficient compensation resulting in burn-out and high department turnover
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
excessive work hours and insufficient compensation
Atmosphere was positive enjoyed patients most
Phlebotomist 2 (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 20, 2014
Health insurance could have been better since you took risks working in the Specimen center.
Pros
enjoyed the patients
Cons
alot of extra walking through the whole hospital
A stable place of employment.
Radiology Transcription Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 15, 2014
I have always worked in the medical field, and have enjoyed this environment the most
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
not much room for advancement.
Nice place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 2, 2014
Nice place to work for the area. Managment listened and tried to help with any issues. Great patients.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
little to no advancement without costly classes
Relaxed environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 10, 2014
It was an ok place to volunteer, the basic responsibilities are to push patients in wheelchairs across the hospital so it was pretty easy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
workload varied, not much to do
Great Job!
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 7, 2014
I love working for Wesley Medical Center and being able to make a difference in the patient's experience no matter the time spent with them.
perfect place to learn.
Interpreter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2014
A typical work day consisted of shadowing physicians, listening to their diagnosis and translating the diagnosis to the Spanish speaking patient.
work with fun
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2014
here I had good time with work and also joy and enjoyment.
especially support from my superiors made me to achieve something in that workplace.