West Academic, formerly part of Thomson Reuters, is now its own company! Finding ourselves “newly nimble” we are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
We have an immediate opening for Senior Software Test Engineer. West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aid and other legal education materials in the US. We are growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials. Consider joining our SW team and be part of the next generation of software that is revolutionizing the legal education market. Projects you would be involved in include developing and testing the Web content management system for teaching materials and a professional networking site exclusively for law faculty as well as developing and testing an online subscription based service where the user has access to law school materials to read as well as take notes, highlight and mark up all online! These are just a few examples of the way our technology team is helping to change the legal education market.
Why not join a company who offers the excitement and freedom of a startup paired with the security and market recognition of a 100 year old company! That’s us, the 100 year old startup who’s going places.
We are currently seeking results-driven, team-oriented, self-motivated professionals who combine exceptional technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen and effective communication skills for the position of Senior Software Engineer in Test.
- Design & facilitate test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications
- Testing of web applications, reporting & other software as needed
- Quickly understand data relationships
- Examine stored procedures, packages and functions to understand & troubleshoot functionality
- Report and track application defects during the testing cycle
- Participate in the setup, configuration & maintenance of test environments
- Contribute to QA process improvement
- Work closely with project management, developers & operations to assure quality software is produced
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of commercial software testing experience with Windows & Web-based applications
- Extensive database & SQL experience (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of QA methodologies
- Experience developing and executing test cases
- Strong UI testing experience for web applications with focus on backend / functional testing
- Very strong communication skills to audiences of all technical abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work
- Create and use SQL queries to verify and validate results of application's performance and functionality
- MS Team Foundation Server, Team Build, & Test Foundation Server
- Automated test tools, including: Selenium, MS Test, MS Coded UI