West Anaheim Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Prductive and fun workplace
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 22, 2015
WAMC provides employees a safe work environment. WAMC is a supportive employer who values each and every employee. All nurse support each other and help out where ever needed in any given situation. Management staff is friendly and approachable.
A fun and very productive place to work in.
Term 4 Student LVN (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 31, 2015
It is a very wonderful hospital. the staff there are very nice and knowledgeable. The management there is very well organized and structured. The hardest part of working there is it is very overwhelming to see what the patients are going through that is why they need the care they deserve. The most enjoyable part is seeing the patients satisfied with their care.
Pros
Clean departments, shows hospitality
Cons
Short breaks
great experience
HIT (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 23, 2014
I learned a lot during the month I was at WAMC and everyone was so welcoming and helpful.
Pros
learned more
Cons
they had no openings
Professional working environment and help the employee grow to their limits
CNA (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2014
The management and co-workers are very professional and we help each other to attain the company's goal.
Knowledge enhancing workplace
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work consists of updating diet changes to CompNutrition, tallying patient menus, preparing late trays, checking trayline for diet accuracy and appropriate food temperatures before serving food. Although there is a daily routine of responsibilities, every day is different. I have learned to expect the unexpected and think critically as the census may go up or down, which affects the work environment. Some days are more hectic than others but with the support of my co-workers, we are able to complete our responsibilities on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am applying what I learned at Cal Poly Pomona as an undergraduate student in Dietetics.
Great hospital rotation
Pharmacy Intern Rotation (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CaJuly 7, 2014
Intense but exciting learning experience. Wonderful preceptor
Pros
friendly staff
Fun and Interactive Workplace
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 9, 2014
As an intern, schedule is set for the day. Everyday is different, but a lot to learn and do which makes it interesting.
awesome coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 25, 2014
awesome people
needs to have competitive wage offers
friendly workers
continuing education
Positive person
Acute & sub Acute Pediatric Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 15, 2014
I like what I doing, before to get this opportunity to work to help, always give my extra mile.
relaxing
Dr. Vincent chiu MD (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 3, 2014
partime learned lots of information from doctor chiu inregards health care patient are everything and he has lots of great patients
great staff
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  anaheimNovember 25, 2013
I loved working for WAMC. I was promoted to a Director position
Pros
good pay free meals great work environment
Cons
driving distance
I enjoy working with the patients as well as close friendships with my coworkers.
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  AnaheimNovember 6, 2013
Overall, I enjoy my coworkers. We work well together for the benefit of our patients. I learned what our patients needs are and provide them the highest quality care possible. Management has little communication with the department and recent new director lacks positive verbal skills and experience. The hardest part of my job is trying to fulfill two roles I have been managing for 6 years without title or compensation. I have been given managerial duties to run department but also act as therapist running groups as well. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching a patient start the program in acute psychiatric state and reduce symptoms, gaining coping skills and thriving.
Pros
health benefits, employee perks, discounts for various companies
Cons
lack of communication, unreasonable requests
Med Surg/Mental Health
Student VN (Former Employee) –  Anaheim CAJuly 31, 2013
i had the opportunity to follow a great LVN, she allowed me to perform ADL's and accu-check and administer proper dose of insulin as prescribed(my teacher present) Most of my duties during med surg required me to be responsible for full care of 3 patients. duties included: feeding,bathing, monitoring I & O's checking vital signs as needed. Provide enteral feedings, cleaning G-tube and cleaning trach tubes. Assisting the wound care nurse with treatments.
Mental health basically was observation and aiding the patients during meals and smoking breaks. Sat with patients during group sessions.
Pros
a lot of hands on treatment
Cons
n/a
Great Place
LVN (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2013
It's fun to come to work. Everyone in my department works as a team. Even when the day is really busy we find a way to help each other out. Managers are kind and helpful, even with the smallest questions
Pros
teamwork, friendly, management.
Cons
can't think of any at the moment.
Internship
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Internship included hospital rounds drawing blood on young and geriatric patients. ER draws as well as out patient blood draws rounded out my typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the thank you from the patients when they realized the procedure caused very little discomfort.
Pros
the building layout was easy to traverse.
Cons
n/a
helpful people and safe enviroment
Collector (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 21, 2013
good work area co.workers are helpful and friendly management not fare with employees and don't handle problems properly.hardest part is getting insurance co. to cooperate with your needs.
Productive and fun place to work
Collector (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 7, 2013
My experience at the work place was very good. I aquired very good collectors skills at WAMC. My co-workers there were very supportive, The hardest part of my job was when i could not help a patient to their liking. The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure that the patient recevied quality care and was happy with the service that the hospital supplied
Pros
employee appreciation days
Cons
no parking
Team co-workers with same goals to work hard
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 28, 2012
Posting insurance and patients payments, review for underpayment of claims and research patient accounts for balance due or refund if claim overpaid. Co-workers worked great together and helped one another for the benefit of our patients. The job wasn't hard at all but very fast paced. I enjoyed the co-works because they always had time to help with any questions. The managements changed a few times but were very supportive and helpful.
Great company to work for
Clerical Assistant/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 13, 2012
I had great supervisor, great co-workers, and the best Radiologist Dr's you could ever work for. We had a fun environment, but got our work done. I don't have anything negative to say. If I still lived in California I would still be working for this company.
perfect teamwork, professional management
Student LVN, (Acute) (Former Employee) –  Santa AnaJuly 29, 2012
work in a very special, expert area with so profesional nurses was a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Anaheim Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3