West Asset Management Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and uptight company
FRONT LINE COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 19, 2015
Collecting on Student loans was awesome. I learned about the rehabilitation programs as well as helping those that wanted to go back to school get out of default. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to assist customers in need that really had a hard time in life but needed a little help. The Co workers were awesome but Management could have been more concerned with the workers emergency instead of just making money for the company.
Pros
The Free medical Benefits
Cons
Management give occurrences no matter what the emergency.
Productive workplace.
TPL Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 13, 2015
I would still be working here if it weren't for them having to remove the Sherman office in the department that I was working in. I started in the subrogation department when they first started and I was there until the end. The hardest part of this job was working in a call center. There always seems to be drama. I prefer to work and stay away from anything that will distract me from my job. I enjoyed the people and I have the best boss in the world. I truly miss this job and thought it would have been my final career.
Pros
Wonderful managment and great benefits
Cons
They had to close the office I was working in and the only other ones were in other states.
Good workplace with great benefits
Collector/Mail room clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherman TexasSeptember 14, 2015
good benefits and for the most part supportive management. Nice work schedule. I enjoyed working in the mailroom lthough the workload was quite heavy at times. The job can be very stressful at times but they do provide some activities to help with that such as exercise programs and other morale boosting activities.
Pros
Good benefits Good upper management great work schedule
Cons
heavy workload and stressfull
review
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  west des moinesOctober 7, 2015
very difficult job. I learned a lot about collecting debt and guidelines when it comes to specific states. Benefits were okay. Co workers are awesome
Working in collections unabled me to learn about the various financial hardships of people and it made me want to assist them in any way possible.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 25, 2016
While working at West Asset Management I was able to learn about collection laws and regulations that were very interesting. I you applied yourself and if your were good at collections, you received pretty good bonuses and that was pretty good.
Pros
The rewarding feeling of helping others that truely appreciated it.
Cons
Having to deal with people that were extremely rude when we were only trying to do our jobs.
Stressfull enviornment
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elma, NYMarch 26, 2015
Upper management is sneaky and uses favoritism to determine any perks (flex scheduling, use of PTO, vacation time being used etc.).
Very Very stressful. Rules and regulations change w/ out notice often, and you are punished for violating. It seems as if management creates rules as they go and they apply to those who aren't "popular". EVERYONE, even some supervisors talk about how much they hate the job, (due to how upper management "manages"). Not an enjoyable place to work when everyone's attitude is negative. Pay is good bc we're also paid by the govt.,Benefits are so bad they are almost non existent (health care far too much, 401k not even discussed by HR.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, stress, not appreciated, rules change frequently
Fun team players
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 22, 2016
•Negotiated overpayment arrangements according defined parameters.

•Performed individual case analysis in order to determine the feasibility of settlement and provide recommendations to clients.

•Developed and maintained professional interpersonal communications with internal and external customers; contact consumers via telephone, mail, fax, or email.

•Followed recovery techniques to arrange payment in full or reasonable amount payment arrangements

•Worked insurance accounts daily, inbound outbound calls to receive overpayments on insurance claim.
Solid Company
Recovery Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2015
Solid company with good benefits, goals are expected to be or you will be replaced, but the goals are achievable. The position I held was more collections based than customer service.
Great work environment for competitive advancement and benefits.
Collections Management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 8, 2016
Manage assigned portfolio of open or non-performing assets, mitigating loss situations and reducing potential losses to the bank. Handle accounts with post charge off collections. Investigate and conduct skip tracing utilizing many resources. Initiate direct contact with borrowers assessing prospect of repayment, settlement, or arranging repayment schedules.
Pros
Competitive advantage for employment bonuses.
Cons
No cons.
Productive workplace
Financial Service Representative/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 6, 2016
My typical day at work was to provide customer satisfaction. Ive learned how to balance and promote accounts, by displaying payment arrangements and how to balanced customers accounts whether their accounts where current or passed due . I have trained and manage others in the absence of my supervisor. The hardest part of my job was losing customers who was unable to afford there accounts. The most enjoyable was putting a smile on my co-workers, supervisors and customers due to may pleasurable performance
Pros
Team meetings/ vacation time
Cons
healthcare, and shorter breaks
very unfriendly place to work..people unwilling to work in a team effort to accomplish tasks or to help their workmates to accomplish tasks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 19, 2016
Management were unwilling to work with certain team members to help them through accomplishing tasks.. team members learned by supervisors.. very unfriendly and non teamwork place to work...
Pros
Cons
non team work or team effort
Productive Manageing time and helping other's in need
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be talking about how to cure the Mortgage loan and signing customers up on a programs and manage time on each call and for co-workers are busy hard at work just like my self have no time to slow down, hardest part is siting all day. The enjoyable part of the job is to be able to help other's in need. Over all its teamwork that get the job done.
Great Place to work for
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company because there was a lot of advancement and fun things to do to keep it interesting. They would give credit when it was due.
great set of employees to work with, made for a fun work enviroment
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 31, 2014
This was a goal oriented position, there were call goals, contact goals and conversion goals, daily and monthly. I enjoyed the goal challenges and closing the deals on settlements with executors of estate whether it be with a family member or the estate attorney.. nothing really hard about this job "for me" the repetition of pounding the same accounts and talking to the same people and not getting anywhere as far as workable arrangement that worked for both us and the responsible party could get frustrating, however every month we were given new accounts and with those came new challenges
Pros
bonuses, i received a 8 k bonus for one month in 2008
Cons
no advancement opportunities and medical benefits were very costly
Great work environment
Validator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 20, 2016
Management was great. Had a blast working with co workers. Everybody was treated equal. Had a fun time meeting production and quality goals.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Not sure on overtime
Small office with little room for upward advancement.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 12, 2014
Promoted to Operations Supervisor from online billing representative position. Small office with no opportunity given size for career advancement unless willing to relocate. Entry level pay not competitive with market. Client turnover is high and ever changing. Most recently suffered client loss to offshore move.
Pros
monthly bonus opportunity for some clients location and tuition reimbursement benefit.
Cons
annual raises not provided.
West
Account Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36606March 7, 2016
I worked administrative support, calling on delinquent student loan accounts, maintaining company files, skip tracing to locate debtors.
Pros
bonus, company parties
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 17, 2016
There so involved with the employees its great , show the agents so much appreciation for the work we do on a daily basis always getting rewarded , catered lunch ect
What i learned
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 26, 2015
It was alright just a really stressful job having to make you 100% by the end of the month was hard in the summer and in christmas it just dont get the bills paid
Great work environment. Privacy
Collector/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 25, 2015
Great job opportunity to advance with company. Fun workplace with alot of events. (Christmas parties, company picnics, ect) Contests to win money and appliances.
Pros
Daily contests
Cons
short breaks, expensive benefits