West Asset Management Employee Reviews

productive
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 4, 2017
highly competitive management was not very supportive, lost contract and waited until the last minute to tell staff, forced to work two nights a week.
Pros
had alot of work games
Cons
working hours
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMarch 23, 2017
Made a lot of friends at this workplace, had a great management team, A typical day was training new hires on the phones and taking incoming calls. Great place to work
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Business closed
fun, potiential money, money, money!!
Medical Collector/Biller (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMarch 8, 2017
This job is very competitive. You must be hungry and willing to work with goals and quotas. If you want to be good and advance find a person who is where you want to be and follow everything the do. If you have a problem with someone stealing your account or cross talking to close but they falsify a dated check you will be held responsible. Asking for a change of group due to conflict between team lead or supervisor is possible but you must have dates and proof of problems. Keep a record of your big balance accounts, they may suspiciously disappear into someone else number. B

Fun atmosphere, 15 min breaks and lunch break!!! Room for advancement, but not relocation into different departments. Watch out for opiates!
Pros
big money
Cons
its who you know
Very fast pace company
Client Service Liaison/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 8, 2017
I worked for West for over 10 years and enjoyed every aspect of the company. My Director was an amazing person to work for. Unfortunately the company closed there doors.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Cons
claims auditor/validator
Billing Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 28, 2017
This was truly a great company to work for. I audited Cigna's health claims to make sure that they were processed correctly and timely.
No longer open in the Mobile, Al.
Customer Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 31, 2017
Once arriving to work opened all apps on computer to start the work day with answering calls and assisting customers, Would verify customers accounts, process payments, set payment arrangements, provided customer resolutions.
Pros
Had more than one schedule.
Cons
None.
okay place
Customer care associate/collections (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 26, 2017
This is good place to start a career but I wouldn't recommend staying here too long. Best is to move up every year so you can build up your resume and get good experience.
Not in business
Collector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2017
This happened to be the worst job I ever had. Who's still reading this? First day on the job, they downsized from over 1000 employees to 200.
productive and fun workplace
RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 29, 2016
On the phone talking to customers that call in regarding their house. You must be on the phone and type per verbatim what the customers says, so it pretty much is prototypical that you must do your job.
Pros
desired work schedule based on your performance
Cons
short lunches
Would not recommend
Patient Accounts Representative Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 29, 2016
They were very rude, bad benefits, and no understanding for personal matters. The upper management openly admitted to enjoying writing people up and terminating people.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
low pay, hard to reach goal

Want to know more about West Asset Management?

Ask a question
Great teamwork desk job
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TX 75090December 16, 2016
West Asset Management was an experience that I was not accustomed to. It was tedious being at desk all day and behind a computer which really tires your eyes. This is the job I decided I needed to go to college because I was more flamboyant than this job allowed me to be. My manger, Landi Valentin was everything I could've wanted, a real sweetie, and my co-workers were great. I did love the teamwork environment this job provided!! This job supported me to learn how to access my negotiation skills
Pros
Teamswork
Cons
Redundant
Customer Service
Financial Service/ Equipment Escalation Rep (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 15, 2016
The job site is no longer in business and that should speak volume. Although the job played an essential part in molding my customer service skills, mamagement was terrible and policies were one sided.
no employee compasion
COBD INVESTIGATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2016
they do treat you as a number they advise you that you can be replaced they too use bulling and make you feel as if you have no place in being there and made working 8 hours last very long
Productive workplace
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYNovember 18, 2016
West asset Management was a very productive and secure place to work. The whole job was very enjoyable, management was always available to assist and any given time.
Pros
Very secure
Great Company!
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 17, 2016
This was a very great company. I hate we were unable to renew our contract with the Department of Education. They not only offered great pay, but they also offered great benefits.
love the company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 15, 2016
Monitor and assist in the overall quality designated area including supervision, motivation, development of associates
Develop and submit to supervisor a detailed game plan to each shift, describing the course of action to increase productivity.
Pros
free lunches, bonus
Cons
works in weekends
No fun
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYOctober 27, 2016
Lost contract. Shady. Changed rules hourly. They found ways to fire people after they lost the contract so they didn't have to pay unemployment. They violated contact agreement with department of education.
Great Place to work..
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 12, 2016
These people love to promote from within, great teamwork and atmosphere there at the company. Tons of company events and bonuses too. We loved working there. Leadership is also amazing.
Pros
Free food
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Specialist/ Resolution/ Production (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 9, 2016
Good company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Would definitely recommend for employment. Positive environment to grow within I must say.
Pros
PAY AND BENEFITS
Cons
N/A
unstable
Senior Prepay/Postpay Validator (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 26, 2016
unstable management. Home office is in Omaha Nebraska, management in the Sherman office is substandard. Family members working directly for other family members, just not a comfortable environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Asset Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8