West at Home Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 8, 2016
I worked for this company. Available hours are a street fight. Supervisors have horrible attitudes towards employees and show no respect. Management will lie to cover their mistakes at the subordinates expense. They do not care about their workers.
Pros
Work from home and Compensation is on-time
Cons
No Benefits, Short breaks, No Corporate Support
All work is done from home, and that is a good thing. I have alot of time to spend with my family.
Virtual Assistant : customer service rep. (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 11, 2016
It's a good company to work for. I answered phone calls, and helped customers with orders. I also processed payments for customers. I worked for several companies under West at Home. Most were very enjoyable. Being able to log in an pick up hours is wonderful, it gives you a lot of flexibility. A few jobs didn't offer a lot of hours. The pay should be better. There are no benefits, and no room for advancement. Working at home is great!!. Seasonal jobs usually offer the most hours, during their peak season.
Pros
You get to pick the hours that you want to work. That gives you a lot of flexibilty.
Cons
No benifits.
An OK place to work
call center operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2016
I felt this was just an OK place to work given the fact that you literally had to sit for hours at your computer stalking to see when the hours for the week were released and then if you were not quick enough to pick up the minimum requirement you were penalized. I thought the rate of pay was adequate for the work being completed and the training was thorough. You must be a real self starter to work this occupation though as you are alone and have limited upper level support.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lower pay and lack of support from upper management
Okay company to work for
Call Center/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249September 21, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of selling products and accessories along with additional cross sells. I learned 5 steps to making a sale. Management was good at assisting with issues. The hardest part about the job was picking up hours and cross sells. The most enjoyable was making the sale and making the customers happy.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Scheduling shifts
Felxible hours
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2016
Working from home with different accounts handling calls about order placement, returns, refunds, exchanges or just providing information.
You pick the hours you want to work and you can work in your PJ's if you want!
Hardest part of the job is when the better hours are taken and you have to work a minimum amount and you work overnight and it's SLOW.
I enjoyed talking to different people and helping them make decisions. I learned that you can't please everyone but you can sure try.
Pros
Felxible hours
Cons
Pay varied depending on the account. Sometimes hours are limited
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, TXOctober 4, 2016
It was fun to work for this company but management was not helpful with employees. If i had an issue they seemed always unavailable.
Pros
Great pay and fun atmosphere
Cons
Schedule was put out auction style
At home job.
Home Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 28, 2016
They did not have enough hours for me to make money to sustain a good living. Sometimes not enough training was provided.
A decent work at home company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 18, 2015
I do not know if this company is still operating; but it was a good work from home company. I felt the amount of compensation for the work was acceptable.
Lead
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 8, 2016
Ok work at home job
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2016
Typical day at work involved endless script reading for various companies. The best part was working from home and choosing your schedule but the worst part was there was hardly hours to choose from, getting obscene calls, and dealing with customers who thought you work for the company they called for and not actually West.
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay
another great company to work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 29, 2016
placed orders for home shopping network . Just hate that it was seasonal job and they really only needed you during the holiday I did enjoy that I was able to set my own schedule.
No longer West At Home
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 28, 2016
It would be difficult at times to schedule your work hours, based upon your skill in which you were trained and certified. The most difficult part is not knowing from week to week if there will be something available as well as having to contact a PAL for questions that you were unable to answer. I understand time management is important, however I do not feel as if they give enough time to train for a specific skill.
Pros
work from home, group forums to assist you
Cons
Unaware of job postings
Customer Service Representative
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 5, 2016
I started out with calls coming from the promotion of "Girls Gone Wild", that was a blast. Then I went onto AARP. I liked these calls the best. Then I went on to other product lines.

I set my own hours. That was the best part of the job.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule.
Cons
Deceased hourly wage for all at home workers.
It was ok.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2016
Getting hired was easy. The meetings were too frequent. The people were really nice that worked there. The supervisors were friendly.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
Too many meetings
Great Job for Stay at home moms to make extra cash on the side.
Customer service/Order entry Associate- (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 12, 2015
West at home is a great and legit job to work for. The job can be fast paced depending on what company you are given to work for. The best part about the job is you can give customer service to others while in the comfort of your own home. Employers are able to create their own comfortable space. The training is effecient and you get paid for it. This is not a job for someone who is looking for full time work although the company is changing so they may offer it soon.
Pros
Working at home, saving money
Cons
No benefits, pay varies on the job you receive
csr
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2015
take payments
give account information
provide customer service
working from home
inbound calls only
has many companies, home depot, eddie bauer, etc.
Pros
works from home, flexible schedule
Cons
salary is low
Work from home
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2016
Worked for this company. There was never hours available. Supervisors have horrible attitudes towards employees and shows lack of respect for employees.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Never hours available, supervisors have horrible attitudes
Great Atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 16, 2016
This job allowed me to schedule around anything in my personal life. The atmosphere was excellent. The supervisors were always available. The pay could have been better though. Also the company software could have been better.
Working from home was a wonderful environment.
Perform Transactions/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Newport, NCNovember 4, 2012
I really loved this job. It took out the commute aspect of having a job, while still giving me quality paychecks. I could work around my home schedule, and could work as little or as much as I wanted. They were very good in keeping up with different certifications for their employees so that I could continue to better myself for the company. I was also mainly self supervised, my calls were recorded for review purposes, but I did not have someone looking over my shoulder every five minutes. It was very laid back and not stressful at all, even in peak seasons.
Pros
flexible schedule, work from home, self-supervised
Cons
no healthcare benefits to speak of
West At Home
Customer Service, Home Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2014
West At Home is good for those who don't mind spending time searching for hours or using WAH as a part time position. I wouldn't suggest that WAH should be used as a primary source of income, for the hours varies constantly. Some weeks you have 30-40hr work weeks, and then others 5-20hr work weeks (which is more constant than the 30-40hr work week.)

West At Home does allow you to set your own hours and create your own schedule, when hours are available in their Spectrum.
Pros
Create your own schedule and hours. Good for making extra money on the side.
Cons
Not enough steady hours, no benefits, no paid vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9