West at Home Employee Reviews

Great WAH Company
CUSTOMER CARE PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for West LLC. The training was well taught with one on one attention on troubled areas. I achieved several skills thru West LLC. The schedule was set during training but after being placed into production the employee choose their own hours to work.
possible identity theft
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  sping, txOctober 27, 2017
you answer the phone and place orders for as seen on tv products. you have the persons private information. credit cards, phone number and address and sometimes depending on what they are calling in for you have access to their ss#. not a very smart company
this was not a fun place to work for me
Customer Service Representative - Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
I'd really prefer not to review this company since my experience there was not at all good. Our relationship was not concluded on a good footing and I did not like the culture that was provided.
Pros
it gave me a start to know what to look for in a good at home work company
Cons
low pay and no benefits
customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Customer service jobs allow you to work every where. you learn a lot how to deal with your customers . even thought , you are angry, don't carry in the job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay
Work at home
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2017
You create your own schedule and you can set your schedule to work all 24 hours of the day so work is available at all times. You receive commission for your sales which will make your check a lot better
good for working at home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2017
working from home is not for everyone, you must have a degree of self discipline in order to focus on the job at hand. Committing to work a certain hour a day such as 8, would not guarantee the amount of money
Pros
set own work hours
Cons
only paid for actual talk time
flexible at home job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 29, 2017
the hardest part of the job was finding hours but loved working with the customers. Awesome job for stay at home moms.You could pick your own hours. Do work in your pjs.
Not a long term job
Direct Response At Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 6, 2017
Many rude callers when working overnight. Not a lot of support (in my experience) Low pay. Open scheduling was nice. Picking your hours. Didn't make enough in my position for long term.
Pros
Picking my own schedule
Cons
Low pay
Great work from home opportunity
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2017
West at Home was a wonderful company to work for, because it allowed me the opportunity to do something which I love, serving others, and I was able to do it from the comfort of my own home!
Loved this job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2017
Although this job was just a contract position, I loved this job. Customer service is something that I love to do so this was perfect for me. The name of the company changed, not sure of the name.
Pros
pay and doing what I love
Cons
a contract position
It was a good experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  this is a at home positionMay 10, 2017
I found a lot of benefits to this positon, only down fall were not enough hours. Benefit you could work from the comfort of your home. Downfall, if you had internet issues.
Absolutely a wonderful "work-at-home" experience!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 5, 2017
On a typical day, I took a very high call volume of calls for products seen on tv. Some would be for orders, some calls were for problems with billing or shipping, etc.

I learned how to keep a smile on my face even though we were on the phone. A customer can "hear" when you are happy at your job, and if you are happy to speak with them.

Because I worked from home, I had very little interaction with management, however, if I did reach out to them, the were always readily available to help me with any issues I may have had.

The workplace culture at West At Home was always one of "if you have any problems whatsoever you can always count on us to help where we can"...A very wonderful company!

The hardest part of the job, honestly, would be the very rare "hard to please customer". But help was readily available, and my goal was to assist with a "one call" resolution.

The most enjoyable part of the job, of course, was working from home! I enjoy the freedom of working at home! No commute, no dress code, being available for my children and husband, etc.
Pros
No commute, no dress code, being readily available for family
Cons
Must be very self-motivated, be able to resolve most issues on your own
Fun place to work
Virtual Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 24, 2017
I liked the flexibility to work part time or full time at my discretion.
I learned a lot from the customer, and enjoyed working with people from all walks of life and professions
I enjoyed seeking to satisfy each and every customer.

The hardest part of the job was working with certain customers that were not customers, but those not calling in for business purposes, but to harass and demean me as the customer service representative, and believe me, there were quite a few of them each week.
easy tools but the worst job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2017
The work was good when hours were given. At first, the hours decreased and they were no more hours available and I waited for 2 weeks, so I had to accept another job offer, because no one called or emailed me as to what was going on with the program that I worked for.
Pros
easy tools
Cons
loss of hours and no access to management
Workplace Culture
Data Entry Admin/Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2017
Working wit West online was great.. they made it easy to work for them, and it was a great experience especially the diverse teams. Over Great Place to Work especially when you're at home.
Good for people with busy personal lives
Off-site Agent (Former Employee) –  Home BasedApril 10, 2017
This company offers low wages but very flexible scheduling. There are numerous projects to work on so there are many options to find the perfect fit for anybody.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
pay scale
You're On Your Own
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 2, 2017
The training that they give you is extensive but it does not prepare you well enough for the call volume you may experience. Management is hard to reach and you're on your own and out of work if the company that you work for under them decides that they don't have any more work.
Pros
work from home
Cons
High call volume; inefficient training
competitive hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  work at homeApril 2, 2017
Working at west at home was a great job for me at the time because it was a work at home job. However, I did not like having to compete for the hours I wanted to work
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
competitive hours
Work your own schedule.
Part Time Inbound Sales from Home (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMarch 20, 2017
Excellent company, minimal benefits, but, great for stay at home Mom, students, seniors, anyone that has a desire to work and you can pick the hours your want to work.
Pros
pick your own schedule, min hrs required 15 can work 30
Cons
slow periods, no hours to pick from
Work at home - customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PHONE JOB NO LOCATIONMarch 10, 2017
Working from home was the best job I could have imagine doing. Although you couldn't see the clients you had the chance to interact with clients that were having trouble with there credit card and you were there to help
Pros
Helping clients with their bills and ensuring the best customer service possible
Cons
N/a