With guidance from the Program Manager of Housing Services, the Housing Coordinator will serve as the primary connection between clients with developmental disabilities, case management staff, service providers, and potential landlords and/or property managers. The Housing Coordinator will work with the Program Manager of Housing Services and other WBHC staff to identify/create affordable housing placement opportunities for people with developmental disabilities in San Mateo, San Francisco and Marin Counties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Connect clients with developmental disabilities to appropriate community-based housing opportunities
2. Educate landlords, property managers, families, and community members about the housing needs of people with developmental disabilities
3. Research affordable housing options through public housing, nonprofit housing, and other community opportunities
4. Assist in mediation of resident conflicts and/or other housing-related issues
5. Assist clients with rental applications
6. Assist residents in renewing their lease agreements and retaining their housing
7. Maintain regular communication with clients
8. Maintain WBHC’s housing registry database
9. Maintain individual client files
10. Prepare client profiles
11. Maintain progress notes and materials as needed
12. Attend meetings as needed
13. Other duties as assigned
B.A. (Social Services related field preferred)
Experience working with underserved populations (Experience working with developmental disabilities preferred)
Possession of a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and automobile insurance
Access to adequate transportation
Ability to understand and relate to individuals with disabilities, their families, and the community at large
Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and Excel required, PowerPoint preferred
Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
Ability to work independently
Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record-keeping skills, and good independent judgment
Excellent communication and writing skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Ability to read, interpret, and analyze written budgets and financial documents. Ability to write business correspondence, reports and applications. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and individuals.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to drive, walk; sit; use hands to handle objects/operate keyboards, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel and crouch; talk and hear.
About West Bay Housing Corporation:
West Bay Housing Corporation (WBHC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit public benefit corporation whose mission is to provide affordable, community-based supportive housing for individuals with developmental disabilities and other people with special housing needs. Founded in 2004, WBHC has grown into a “full-service” housing agency providing housing development, property management, and housing-related services for people with developmental disabilities and others in need of supportive housing.
WBHC’s dedicated employees oversees an expanding portfolio of 40 owned and managed properties, a development pipeline of 9 additional properties, and a sizeable housing services caseload that has secured community-based housing for nearly 400 individuals with disabilities. For more about WBHC, please visit www.westbayhousing.org
Nonprofit Competitive salary and complete benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 403B (w/a percentage match by employer), 12 paid vacations and 12 paid sick days accrued yearly, along with 11 company observed holidays