West Business Services

West Business Services Employee Reviews

It was a clean place to work
customers service/sales (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2015
Pros: bounses
A Typical day is taking inbound calls and also making outbound calls selling business to business the right fit either a credit card or a charge card getting their information also making sure all is correct – more... on the card application to see if they pass or not and letting them know at the end of the conversations,,,You talked to business people all day in different parts of the USA.. all different businesses also. – less
Productive and easy going place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 6, 2015
Coming into work each day was easy. A very nice environment easy going and coworkers were all enjoyable.
I learned different skills such as working with different computer applications and different sales skills.
Very Productive A Wonderful Place To Work
Telemarketer, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management. They allowed you adequate time to be trained properly. They valued your hard work and dedication to their company.
My review
Account Manager/Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 30, 2015
I love the people I work with and the fun part of the job is knowing that you will more than likely learn something new! Management is always helpful with anything you have questions on as well. Each phone call is always a different one, it brings such a variety to your day.
Extensive exposure to different industries.
Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma city, OKJune 27, 2015
Pros: Friendly Management
Cons: non
Awesome company to grow. Great Benefits and compensation plans.

My task included :

* Responsible for maintaining good clients relationship, Sales and product knowledge and
developing – more... assigned staff to achieve individual, company’s, client’s and monthly goals.
* Taking Inbound and Outbound Customer Calls, discovering their needs, explaining features and
benefits of different products, selling products, and upselling different services.
* Managing high level account administration issues, seeking new revenue opportunities, while
maintaining existing revenue through establishment and maintenance of superior customer
relationships. Managed Complete Sales Territory.
* Offering different deals to the customers and closing the deals. Setting up an appointment with
them to follow up. – less
Not a bad place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJune 25, 2015
Benefits were expensive. People were great. Nice to have off on weekends and holidays. Great training for computer and soft skills development.
Good Place for soft landing
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxJune 9, 2015
I was down on my luck and need to find a job fast. They always have projects hiring. They also have projects closing. the leadership is very heavy handed and power hungry. Mirco- management is how the company functions well. Not a long time solution to a career.
The Pay could be better for what is required
Sales Consultant(Avis) Card Consultant-Amex (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJune 7, 2015
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: pay
Very hectic and stressful at times however I have learned sales in a different light. Repetition is definitely a head ache because all day you call different business to ask them about there rental services
A call center where metrics is all that matters.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJune 2, 2015
Pros: Bonuses can be great if you are diligent with your sale skills
Cons: Managament
Come in sit down and call. Management is always changing and so are bonus structures. An employee can hit bonuses one month and won't the next month because of the changes to bonuses. Half the day you must be on the phone, so multi-tasking with paperwork will be essential. My favorite part about the job was talking to the accounts that are located around the U.S.
WBS
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 5, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciations
Cons: Turn over rate
This company is a great place for an entry level position in order to get your foot in the door somewhere. Co-workers are fun to work with and vary diverse. Hardest part of the job was all of the office politics. However, it definitely keeps you on your toes.
It was a great place to learn more about a call center atmosphere.
Accounts manager (Former Employee), Wausau, WIApril 16, 2015
 I was responsible for maintaining and managing large business accounts throughout the U.S. I would contact each account I was assigned to every month and make sure that they were happy with our service and had my contact information for any future questions or concerns.
 I was also responsible to increase what each account spent with us from the previous year.
decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: flexible hours and schedule
Cons: managers sleeping with team leads
A typical day at work definitly involves alot of work place drama. If you keep to yourself and focus on your job and stay out of everything and dont talk to anyone you will do great! not the most positive of places to work, but you have the potential to make alot of money if you do your job.
Productive and easy going atmosphere
Account Manager (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: management on management conflicts
A typical day at work consists of answering phone calls, quoting, creating business solutions, placing orders and customer service.
Two stars
Benefit Specialist / Customer Service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: flexiblurs
Cons: low pay, few hours
Low pay, don't give many hours. No room for advancement. We are always required to do lots of sales. I learned how to be more proficient in selling.
Quintessential Call Center
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Middleton, WIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: boring, oppressive, bureaucratic management
Extremely corporate. So much, in fact, that you aren't allowed to have pictures of your friends or family at your desk. You are immediately fired for looking at your phone. It's a "smile and dial" environment....and if you're caught frowning. Well, just don't get caught frowning.
Enjoyed My time there - for the most part
Order Specialist/ Global Service Acct. Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 12, 2015
I started with this company with it's initial startup in OKC and through the years saw many changes. It was my coworkers that I enjoyed most as they were some of the nicest people one could ever meet.
Great location and easy access to bus routes
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: small and quiet work environment
Cons: not much room for advancement
This is a small company that requires a lot of outbound call campaigns. If you do not like being on the phones, I would recommend looking for a different place to work.
A team environment with adequate facilities and opportunity for good pay with commission
Sales (Current Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: uncapped commission
Cons: short breaks and 30 minute lunches
This review pertains to the division that I work in. West has provided the training and management personnel to succeed at my job. The people they hire have been great team co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is the response you get from the leads provided. Other than that the short breaks and lunch half hour could be improved.
The most enjoyable part are the people you work with.
it was a job
Project Manager (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: made a lot of friends
Cons: no motivation
Nice place to work while it lasted. They keep changing clients and letting eveybody go and you have to start all over again if they keep you.
Productive and fun workplace
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great motivational strategies learned in a competitive environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day involved handling quality sales calls over the 50 states. I learned customer service, sales and team building exercises.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Business Services

If it's communication services you need, why not go West? West Corporation provides technology-driven, voice-oriented services – Read more

West Business Services Salaries